Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    A follow-up to an earlier confession: I've eaten way too many cookies today. :-/

You are evil for posting that picture because now all I want is homemade cookies! Is it lunchtime yet?

ETA: No longer hungry after reading @berlynnwall's post! Gross!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    JadaFerris wrote: »
    First confession as a newb: (just joined Monday)

I'm hungry all.the.time.

When I get hungry between meals, I drink a bottle of water, then chew gum. For hours until the next mealtime. :(

Tell me it gets easier?? Ugh.

Usually, it does. Right now, your stomach is still adjusting to a much smaller volume of food, so it's quite normal to feel hungry. But do make sure you aren't overly restricting your calories more than is necessary, there's no need to torture yourself! :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    A follow-up to an earlier confession: I've eaten way too many cookies today. :-/

You are evil for posting that picture because now all I want is homemade cookies! Is it lunchtime yet?

ETA: No longer hungry after reading @berlynnwall's post! Gross!

Sorry! But LOL at the edit. ;) It's actually almost dinner time over here, 6.40 PM. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I have to admit that geeking out with a bunch of you guys over Sims has made me want to play it again. But oh golly, is that thing ever a time suck! I purposely left my Sims CDs (The original game + a couple of the extensions) with my little brother when I got married and moved away, because I didn't want to drown in my fake life when I have a real life to live... A pretty boring one, but a real one. ;)

I want to play now too. I almost actually played it on Monday night which is strange since it was before all you guys started talking about it again.

I've done all the bad things to my Sims as well (take the ladder from the pool, lock them in without doors, etc).

I actually saved up and bought a computer when I was younger JUST so I could play the original Sims game. :)

I admit that I'd never have the heart to do that stuff, even if I had been creative enough to think of them!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Guys, I think I'm in trouble. I just made these:
    e67j0kb2qyoi.jpg
    ...And I think they're going to be lunch.

Also, for anyone who wants to see my giant <400 calorie cauliflower rice, here's a picture of one serving next to a jumbo-sized sandwich, for comparison purposes:
    8ws55a2iirls.jpg

Editing to add.. Maybe excuse the messy table in the background. Please? Thank you. ;)

Yum...both the cookies and cauli-rice!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I have to admit that geeking out with a bunch of you guys over Sims has made me want to play it again. But oh golly, is that thing ever a time suck! I purposely left my Sims CDs (The original game + a couple of the extensions) with my little brother when I got married and moved away, because I didn't want to drown in my fake life when I have a real life to live... A pretty boring one, but a real one. ;)

I want to play now too. I almost actually played it on Monday night which is strange since it was before all you guys started talking about it again.

I've done all the bad things to my Sims as well (take the ladder from the pool, lock them in without doors, etc).

I actually saved up and bought a computer when I was younger JUST so I could play the original Sims game. :)

I admit that I'd never have the heart to do that stuff, even if I had been creative enough to think of them!

I did often hope they'd just randomly drown or something though, just because I never saw a SIM die before...
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    levan11 wrote: »
    I'm a bit behind but had to chime in on the road rage thing. Apparently it's no joke these days. Last year there was an incident where a father and son were being tailgated by someone for quite awhile so they pulled into the parking lot of my gym (not necessarily for any type of confrontation I don't think, just to let the guy pass), but the guy followed them into the parking lot and SHOT them. The son actually died. Way too many crazies these days.

That is absolutely awful! I've gotten angry at other drivers on more than one occasion...but I can't imagine someone being so angry that they feel the need to shoot/kill someone!
    I mentioned before how much I love hot sauce... I bought a bottle of Frank's last week and already it's almost gone. Frank's hot sauce isn't very spicy at all (I could probaby drink the whole bottle and not get much of a burn) but it's DELICIOUS to me. It just tastes so good. I've been pouring it onto a spoon and eating it on its own :neutral:

I told my mom that I had bought some and she said ''Awww man, we brought you up two bottles!'' So now I have a lot of Frank's... it'll be gone soon enough :lol:

I love hot sauce too! I use apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, and Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb spice as my salad dressing every day. And hot sauce goes on pretty much everything else too! I use a bottle of it every week...just for myself.
    I've been doing pretty much the same thing- yesterday I ate a big bowl of spinach and cucumbers with hot sauce, rice wine vinegar, and some spices that I randomly threw in. The good thing about that meal/snack is that it was virtually no calories at all, and I find it so delicious.

Yes, same! I pair my salad with that "dressing", an egg white/cheese pita sandwich, and raw veggies dipped in spicy mustard for my lunch every day and it's 190-220 calories (depending on which/how much veggies I have) and keeps me full!!! Love it.

I would probably get eaten for ever daring to promote a cauliflower substitution for ANYTHING in the main forums, but what's probably my most favorite meal on the planet right now is mixed fried cauliflower "rice". It's the only thing I've ever tasted in which cauliflower actually tastes like/has the texture of the real thing, and I can eat a bowl the size of my head for less than 400 calories. I'm seriously in love with it. It is SO GOOD. *drool*

I made a loaded cauliflower casserole that is delicious! I eat low carb, so I substitute cauliflower a lot. I've made pizza crust with it too.

So have I, but I didn't enjoy it much. It did the job to "carry" the toppings, but it definitely wasn't something I'd like to eat when I want pizza. The cauliflower fried rice, on the other hand... I could eat it every day for the rest of my life. And then probably die of high blood pressure complications, but it would still be worth it. ;)

I'm with you on that, I've made cauliflower pizza before and its alright as a base but its a bit of a weird texture, yet to try it as rice but might do that for dinner tonight.

The problem is my boyfriend and I are HUGE pizza fans, there was a point when we were long distance when he'd come see me once a week-ish and we'd always get dominoes (probably one of the main reasons I need to shift some weight actually haha). So cutting it out has been tough.

My absolute favourite thing at the moment though is courgette based pizza, shredded really finely and mixed in with parmesan and dill and baked before you add the toppings and it's to die for! Honestly, I think it might almost be better than dough bases.
  • JadaFerris
    JadaFerris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    JadaFerris wrote: »
    First confession as a newb: (just joined Monday)

I'm hungry all.the.time.

When I get hungry between meals, I drink a bottle of water, then chew gum. For hours until the next mealtime. :(

Tell me it gets easier?? Ugh.

Usually, it does. Right now, your stomach is still adjusting to a much smaller volume of food, so it's quite normal to feel hungry. But do make sure you aren't overly restricting your calories more than is necessary, there's no need to torture yourself! :)

Thanks. It's difficult, but I'm determined! My b-day is in less than a month and I want to at least feel comfortable in my clothes. (Right now they've all gotten tight).

I'm barely hitting my daily calorie goal, without going over. I went over one day, the rest have just barely been under. :/ Definitely torture, but not overly restricting, as far as mfp calorie counter. I think I've just been out of control for so long, that it FEELS like torture to eat normally. :(
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Here is a picture of my lovely bruise. My leg is really swollen, it hurts constantly, and my foot keeps falling asleep. I think working out this week was not the best idea, but I'm trying to do all I can before I go on vacation and have to be seen in public in a bikini. Yellow means it's healing, right?!

Eek!!! Hope it heals quickly!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Your sims can die by all kinds of normal things, like old age, or a house fire. If, for whatever reason, you want to kill one off, you can help them along. In the one you quoted, I did it by locking them in a room with no door so they couldn't escape, couldn't eat or bathe. It's not the best way to do it, because it takes forever. After they die, the grim reaper appears, and you have a chance to beg for their life with another sim. If you don't, or if that doesn't work, you end up with a little urn of ashes, or you can place it outside and it turns into a gravestone. After that, the ghost of the dead person will wander around the house at night, which is a good thing if you have sims who want to see ghosts, or a bad thing, if you have a sim who has an anxiety disorder.
    W. T. H. ?!!!

OMG

Holy crap!

I already found the concept of Sim-dom to be interesting, when I first heard of such, many years ago -- however, this is another freakin' ballgame, I do declare... the aforementioned 'choreographed nightmare' (lol :) ), which offers disturbingly informative clarifying detail (if ever there were a time when being horrified, while simultaneously thanking someone (for the explanation therein), were ever to be relevant, then this would be it! lol :smiley: ), could perhaps be seen as being (and among the so many Sim-specific 'alternate universe' -type incarnations one could concoct) a kind of Sim AfterLife Soap Opera Channel (or so it would seem (and with Lifestyles of the Paranormal thrown in, to boot!)) -- whereby one can be writer, producer, director, and all-out 'puppetmaster'... and of the whole shebang!

...Sims with anxiety disorders?! ...Sims who are 'into' ghosts?! ...locking the poor things in a room, and with no means of escape?!

What have they not thought of?!! (and by they, I'm referring to the Sim creators (as in, the Sim creator-creators (but not creators of actual creators -- but creators of that which the secondary 'creators' will virtually create (how much more convoluted could I make this?! ;) )), and not the player-based Sim creators (as in, orchestrators of virtual horrors :open_mouth: ) )...

Oh, my... the Nightmare on Elm Street -esque 'rules of engagement' found in the realm of Sim-specific 'realities' could plausibly 'facilitate' the development of a sleep disorder, or some such form of 'reverb' -like negative consequence (or so it would seem), when it comes to being the master of said domain (who would have dreamed that a Seinfeldian reference might happen to 'fall out of nowhere', in a brief bit of commentary about virtual worlds (that's it! that's what *I'll* do! -- I'll recreate Seinfeld episodes in a Sim world! (which now has me wondering -- is there any way to have a Sim character 'enter a room' ala Kramer-from-Seinfeld's bursting-through-a-door-only-to-suddenly-arrest-momentum-and-immediately-engage-in-seemingly-casual-movement-and-interaction-and-as-though-nothing-unusual-had-just-happened -- ? ;) )))...

Paranormal investigator is one of the available professions (this is all for Sims 3, there's a Sims 4 now and not everything is the same). Your job is to run around and night and catch ghosts in other people's houses.

If you're really interested in some of the weird things you can do in there, watch some of these

The kidnapping challenge is pretty out there - your goal is to lock up your neighbors in your basement with a door only you are allowed to use (instead of killing them off, you give them a kitchen and bathroom). The 100 baby challenge is a lot of social engineering, too.
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    zira91 wrote: »
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol
    Questions (not judgement of course):

1) do you mean you don't change out of those workout clothes for days or are you "airing" things out like some of these other ladies?

2) For the ladies airing stuff out would it be just as easy to take those clothes in the bathroom+when you shower and leave them in a sink full of water and Woolite while you shower and the drain the sink while you dress and then hang them to dry for the same lenght of time they would have "aired out"?...without really costing you any more time if thats the issue?

3) Is it the scented trash bag, and what do you do with the yellow drawstring tie it at your waist like sweats?

4) What is the difference between, judgement, curiosity, "nosy" -ness, and concern?

I put my workout clothes on hooks in my bedroom to air them out. Hand washing & wringing seems like wayyyyy too much work lol

be careful of ringworm or tinea though.. i used to do this and got a ringworm infection (could be from the gym) of which i have to use both antifungal pills and cream for > 14 days! need to rewash all my clothes in hot water every day during that time to avoid reinfection.. sob.. too much hard works comes with that.. lessons learned though..

This is what I was thinking at the beginning of the thread when all these confessions were made- this happened to a girl in college who always re-wore workout clothes without washing. I was never one for wearing things more than once or twice anyway, but ever since then I've been paranoid about ringworm! Even when we go camping and hiking I make sure I have an extra clean sports bra and shirt (one more than the number of days we're going for), just in case.

Ok this might be a totally dumb question, but how to you catch ring worm from anything that doesn't have ring worm??

As I understand it, ringworm is a fungus that likes wet, warm places - and is frequently spread at gyms, through dirty clothes, towels, sharing combs, brushes, and via animals or the skin of infected people. And if you get the fungus on your clothes, at the gym for example, and then keep rewearing those clothes without washing them, you up your chances of actually developing an infection...
  • JPW1990
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    arv51862 wrote: »
    Wow, This is a tough one but it will feel good to get the 'secret' off my chest...
    My profile pic, It's not really me...
    Whewwww, I feel better already ! =)

Your honesty has inspired me... in the interests of full disclosure, I have to share that mine isn't me either.

I refuse to accept this.

Damn. Anonymity... out the window.

After today I have 6 days' vacation. I have to admit that I'm getting a little anxious about being offline for long periods and 90 gazillion new posts appearing on this thread.

Plus I'll miss all of you. :/

phone + app + bathroom

Just sayin ;)
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Here is a picture of my lovely bruise. My leg is really swollen, it hurts constantly, and my foot keeps falling asleep. I think working out this week was not the best idea, but I'm trying to do all I can before I go on vacation and have to be seen in public in a bikini. Yellow means it's healing, right?!

yy12snvtb9io.jpg

Oh wow. That is a big bruise. I hope that you are okay. Hopefully it will be gone by the time you go on vacation (I think it will be).
  • JPW1990
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I just finished reading the "You're too skinny!" Do others ever make you question your maintenance weight?" thread and now am feeling very grateful for my friends and family. I have only had good comments about my weight loss, so far. Of course, I still have a long ways to go. But man, reading that thread made me realize how rude and unsupportive some people are.

I first got down to my normal weight nearly 20 years ago. I went from around 500 to around 175. People who didn't recognize me treated me completely differently than they did when I was big. I got smiles and courtesy, doors held open - and I don't mean flirting, it was men and women, any ages, the way they treated me was night and day. People who were absolutely cold and wouldn't acknowledge me before would go out of their way to say hi.

Overall, I'd say that had a far bigger impact on me than the random "you need to eat a hot pocket" type comments I'd get once in a while. I'm very distrustful of people in general, now. It takes a very long time before I decide if they're actually a nice person, or if they're a "nice as long as you fit my cookie cutter mold" person. Outside of some dysfunctional family relationships, most of the comments like those in that thread will stop after people get used to seeing the smaller version of the person, but the really rude and unsupportive people are far more subtle.

the massive difference in ppl i experienced after losing 100lbs was ridiculous, i can't imagine how that must have been for you. it's made me even more bitter and cynical about people in general. because i can't help but think, how different would i be if for my whole life people just treated me like a normal person and were nice? or even just decent?

Gosh that sucks, I'm sorry y'all must have just encountered some pretty *kitten* people :( I can't believe people treat others that way because of their size it's so mind boggling to me!

Until yesterday, there was a subreddit on reddit called fatpeoplehate. It had over 100k members around the world. They would comb MFP and sparkpeople and instagram for people's before pictures, post them in their group, and make fun of them. Some of the really dedicated ones would track those people down on social media and harass them directly. It finally got nuked yesterday because they posted the names/addresses/etc of the owners of Imgur, in retaliation for Imgur removing some of fph's stolen images from their website.

Today, those 100k+ members are running around the internet protesting the violation of their "free speech" to harass people and steal their pictures, while some others are complaining because they considered those stolen images and the millions of posts making fun of them to be good inspiration for their own weight loss.

There are a lot of screwed up people in the world.

Wow!! Are you kidding me?! First off that's absolutely horrendous and heartbreaking! Second off who the hell has that much time on their hands to do something so evil?! I'm truly appalled and disgusted.

I'd love to see real time pictures of the people that were making fun of people that lost weight!

That was always a running joke about the people who posted there - they'd use /r/keto or /r/loseit or /r/fitness, but they would never ever ever post their own before and after pics. The part that infuriates me the most is that most of the weight loss subs have at least one thread discussing it getting deleted and why it happened (the actual cyberstalking and revealing people's personal info is what crossed the line). They all have people talking about how fph was such an inspiration to them or so entertaining. In those same threads, there are some of the victims who had their own photos stolen and posted there, and some who were cyberstalked all over reddit or onto their social media pages, and they're talking about how traumatic it was, how they had to delete their facebook or instagram, etc. People couldn't even see past their own entertainment, while trying to lose weight, to see how that entertainment was psychologically torturing other people right beside them trying to lose weight.

This is enough for me to NEVER post a before picture of myself. Ever. Actually it doesn't matter because I'm pretty sure there will never be an after picture for it to matter. (Weighed this morning- heaviest I have ever been without being pregnant) Good times.

Sure there will, and it will help you a lot more having it as your wallpaper on your computer than posting it for a bunch of internet strangers anyway.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    My
    Confession: I hate Facebook. Why does everyone feel the need to emotionally vomit everything they can possibly think of that happens in their life all over the feeds? Does nothing in life remain private anymore? :-/

Editing to add: I'm obviously not dissing this confession thread--I love this thing. I'm referring to the people who like to air all of their dirty laundry and that of their family in public for all to see. I find it extremely distasteful.

My "favorite" thing is when someone is fighting with their partner or a specific person and is posting all kinds of passive aggressive and hostile comments about it publicly instead of just messaging that person - or just talking to them in real life - because half the time they are sitting in the same house.

Exactly! I also especially hate the dramatic "fishing" ones where they say something totally vague like... "I'm so sad..." or "I can't believe this!! Ugh!!" and wait for everyone to ask what's wrong and if they're okay. -_-

Ugh, my terrible SIL is guilty of both of these. Hence, the "terrible".

my sil too. Posts like ugh..... And that's it. I refuse to ask anyone who vague books what's going on.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Confession: I hate Facebook. Why does everyone feel the need to emotionally vomit everything they can possibly think of that happens in their life all over the feeds? Does nothing in life remain private anymore? :-/

Editing to add: I'm obviously not dissing this confession thread--I love this thing. I'm referring to the people who like to air all of their dirty laundry and that of their family in public for all to see. I find it extremely distasteful.

My "favorite" thing is when someone is fighting with their partner or a specific person and is posting all kinds of passive aggressive and hostile comments about it publicly instead of just messaging that person - or just talking to them in real life - because half the time they are sitting in the same house.

I hate when people vague-book. Like, don't post a totally vague status without giving any clue what you mean..and when someone asks you what it does mean, you say you don't want to talk about it. NO. JUST NO.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    There is one girl I went to high school with who has seemed to not grow up since then, her facebook is full of drama with her wedding and bridal party. It's like Jersey Shore, a train wreck I can't help but watch lol
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    There is one girl I went to high school with who has seemed to not grow up since then, her facebook is full of drama with her wedding and bridal party. It's like Jersey Shore, a train wreck I can't help but watch lol

It's true..I'm kind of the same way. As much as I complain about the annoying things like the whole vague-booking thing, I don't delete or block the person..always waiting to see what they'll post next.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    The Smart Ones Chicken Strips and Fries I just had for lunch merely angered me, so I'm eating 2 Oreo Pop Tarts as well.

I laughed out loud at this.
    I have to confess that although I've been feeling this way for a while now (not sure why) I lost all interest in continuing to work at my current job yesterday while talking to the owner of my company. It's not even that I want a DIFFERENT job, I just don't want to work. at all. period. Honestly, if it weren't for the benefits I get (really inexpensive insurance, 2 weeks of vacation, 3 sick/personal days, free fitness center, and a pretty decent wage), I would quit and be a SAHM even though my daughter is 13.

You know, it's funny, so many people I know wish they could be a SAHM... but I wish I could work, lol! I'm not a people person but I still miss human interaction. Honestly, if it wasn't for Internet I'd feel very lonely, I think. I moved here 5 years ago and I really have no friends (except a couple other moms I talk to once a week after school while the kids play). Mostly it's the sense of accomplishment I'm missing... but I guess I never really felt it while I was working either. It is sad when the only things I accomplish in a day is catching up on laundry, doing groceries, and cooking dinner (and making laundry soap. Which I still haven't done).

I mean, I enjoy the free time obviously, but I'm afraid in 10 years I'll look back and will have accomplished absolutely nothing, and won't even be able to find a job.
    Skipping 4 pages just to say that I found the Halo Top ice cream at Wegmans. They only had vanilla.

And I'm completely shocked because it's actually VERY good.

Confession: Part of me wishes you had said it was terrible. The other part of me is totally going to my Wegmans tomorrow.

I want to go again now and buy the last 3 pints LOL. But I'm lazy. And I have too much ice cream in the freezer.

I don't think it's sad, but if you are feeling unfulfilled then my suggestion would be to start pursuing things now that interest you since you have time. If you do want to get back into the work force eventually then now is the time to start volunteering places, adding skills to your resume, taking skills-refresher courses, etc. Try it until you find something you like!

I just have no idea what I want to do, which really doesn't help, lol. I'm not going to worry about it until September at least... then we'll see.

I'm the same way, which is why this topic interests me. I'm fortunate that I really like my career and the field that I'm in. But as far as hobbies and interests??? Other than working out, I've got nothing. I don't feel empty or unfulfilled but a while back when I was trying to figure out this part of me I read something that says, "What do you enjoy doing so much that you completely lose track of time?" Um. Blank. Not a thing. Still trying to figure this one out!

I feel like I keep busy, until someone asks me what I do for fun, or in my spare time and I don't really have anything to say. Ummm... workout... walk my dog... I play a lot of Sims... Then I feel like a loser lol.

I used to play Sims but got bored with the last one because it's so hard for the kids to make friends! So it was taking me days for them to get married, and I had no idea how old their fiance really was until they moved in, then they turned into elders before having babies... I just got frustrated. The lifetimes are either too long or too short for me. I wish we could manually adjust it... I'll get back to it when they make a pets expansion.
    Actually for 10 years my main hobby was MMORPGs, but I got bored with the last one and haven't found another one I want to do... I like RPGs but I'm picky about gameplay, couldn't get into Oblivion for that reason, but absolutely love the Dragon Age series. But I finished the 3rd one in a month. And 3rd person games make me sick.

My hobbies... Um. I'd say reading but I'd be lying, I used to read a LOT but nowadays it just takes me a long time to get into a book... and I still haven't recovered from the ones I read a few months ago... and what I really want is to read the new parts of the series I've started reading, not really starting something new... if that makes sense. Plus I hate reading if there are any distractions, or if I only have a limited time to do it... so the best time is the evening... but then I'd rather watch some shows.

So I guess my hobbies are working out, wasting time online, TV shows, and movies (but I'm picky about what I see). I'm still watching X files, on season 3 now, at this rate and with my Summer shows starting again, it's going to take me all Summer to finish the series, which is totally fine... Something to do.

I love singing though. I should look into joining a choir again. Had to stop when we got the kids. But I suck at reading music so it's not always easy either.

So basically... I'm a very boring person.

Are you talking Sims 3? You can adjust life span, and I have because I hate having them as babies for a long time. The kids I just get to meet & talk to friends in school so I don't have to work at it, then they can meet people at work. Usually when I find a friend I want an a (adult) sim to marry I make it happen in one date lol. Romantic Interest>BF/GF>Fiance>Wife/Husband in one go lol. There is a pet expansion, you can have cats, dogs & horses, and can "capture" wild animals like birds, lizards & rodents. There are even unicorns you can befriend and adopt (I've only been able to do it once).

In case you haven't noticed, I play this game entirely too much.

I used to play the thing all day long before I met my husband. I make their lifespan as long as I possibly can (except newborn babies, because they're boring), then I give the toddlers educational games and toys until all possible skills are at as high of a level as possible. I loved the whole teaching them to talk/walk and playing with blocks to increase logic and stuff.

Then when they became children I got to choose their traits because they were such prodigies as toddlers... ;) And I'd get the kids into painting and fishing and music and reading until their skill levels were as high as they could get... And so on. By the time they reached adulthood, they had a level 10 in almost every skill. The perfect human! ;)

My Sims game actually spanned three generations before I stopped playing. My original character was a great grandma!

I've restarted the Legacy challenge so many times I can't count, but I've never gotten past 4 generations. I think the problem is I never want to move anyone out of the house, so I'm trying to juggle the original couple, their kids, their kids' spouses, and their grandkids in one house. I get to the point I'm trying to carve out little closet spaces to give the new kids their own room, because I don't have room to expand the house anymore and have them get from their room to the car/schoolbus in time to get to work or school on time.

Then there's me, cold heartedly kicking them out as soon as they reach young adulthood. I keep one that I like the best to continue the game.

Every time I start over I say that's what I'm going to do, that or only let the couples have one kid each, but I always give in. Doesn't mean I'm totally soft hearted, though. I have deleted doors on small rooms in non-legacy games to see how long it takes them to die, too.

What does this even mean?? LOL
    I am surprised that so many people seem to play this game.....my kids had a Sim game once, but all I remember was them looking for a job or something? It was so strange....

Your sims can die by all kinds of normal things, like old age, or a house fire. If, for whatever reason, you want to kill one off, you can help them along. In the one you quoted, I did it by locking them in a room with no door so they couldn't escape, couldn't eat or bathe. It's not the best way to do it, because it takes forever. After they die, the grim reaper appears, and you have a chance to beg for their life with another sim. If you don't, or if that doesn't work, you end up with a little urn of ashes, or you can place it outside and it turns into a gravestone. After that, the ghost of the dead person will wander around the house at night, which is a good thing if you have sims who want to see ghosts, or a bad thing, if you have a sim who has an anxiety disorder.

What in the world, haha. Now, I'm kind of interested.

I know right! Glad I am not the only one confused by those posts!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Exactly! I also especially hate the dramatic "fishing" ones where they say something totally vague like... "I'm so sad..." or "I can't believe this!! Ugh!!" and wait for everyone to ask what's wrong and if they're okay. -_-

Yes! Vague-booking. So annoying.