Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Okay so totally went and found Halo Top at Whole Foods in the town my parents live! I bought the chocolate and now I'm super sad I didn't get the rest of the flavors too!! It's super good for being so low in calories!
  • crubio360
    crubio360 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love eating Brussel sprouts, asparagus, squash, and broccoli because they are fibrous, filling, and low in calories. But man! my farts could kill an elephant! I was at the gym once and had to leave because I could tell others were politely avoiding me. I have since slowed down on my intake of these veggies haha.
  • bylm314
    bylm314 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a weight loss poster in my room of my starting weight and my goal weight and i invited a friend over for a sleepover completley forgetting in was on my wall and she seen how much i weighed.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm compiling a list of what to bring to my two-week Dominican Republic trip. I'm thinking a few dresses, shorts, tank tops (or t-shirts), bug spray, sunscreen, aloe vera, pepto bismol, band-aids, flip flops, hats, hand sanitizer, and dressier sandals for resort restaurants.

Does anyone have any tips or recommend something I might have missed? I have zero experience with resorts.

EDIT: Oh, and probably at least three bathing suits.

When are you going? I'm going for 2 weeks on 15th July. My boyfriend has been reading up and apparently you should cover your arms and legs in the evening to avoid mosquito bites.
    Two weeks starting June 18, so it's coming up fast :) I know to bring a huge thing of sunscreen, and I'm probably going to bring some Off to keep the bugs away. Thinking of ordering a couple of dresses.... also, I know that I should probably tip the person making up my room and everything, but I don't know how much money for tip I should put aside :confused:

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'm compiling a list of what to bring to my two-week Dominican Republic trip. I'm thinking a few dresses, shorts, tank tops (or t-shirts), bug spray, sunscreen, aloe vera, pepto bismol, band-aids, flip flops, hats, hand sanitizer, and dressier sandals for resort restaurants.

Does anyone have any tips or recommend something I might have missed? I have zero experience with resorts.

Workout clothes and sneakers :p
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Okay so totally went and found Halo Top at Whole Foods in the town my parents live! I bought the chocolate and now I'm super sad I didn't get the rest of the flavors too!! It's super good for being so low in calories!

Awesome. Got to try that one.

Confession - I went to the gym and did a workout even though I really should have taken a rest day... but I was still hungry after a huge 840 calories lunch, plus the 800 calories I ate before that, so I figured I needed to at least burn something.

Went back home, and I had dinner at 3pm.. chicken and cauliflower, then two servings of Talenti that take me 250 calories over maintenance. Whatever. At least now I'm finally full, and I still have a good 1200-1600 calorie deficit for the week (provided I don't get hungry at dinner but I really hope not).
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

When are you going? I'm going for 2 weeks on 15th July. My boyfriend has been reading up and apparently you should cover your arms and legs in the evening to avoid mosquito bites.
    Two weeks starting June 18, so it's coming up fast :) I know to bring a huge thing of sunscreen, and I'm probably going to bring some Off to keep the bugs away. Thinking of ordering a couple of dresses.... also, I know that I should probably tip the person making up my room and everything, but I don't know how much money for tip I should put aside :confused:
    We go to Mexico every year or two for a week and take about US $100 in singles and some fives for tips. Usually we'll leave $1 for drinks, $3 for casual lunches and $5+ for the fancier dinner restaurants (all dependent on service). This assumes an all inclusive resort. Is that right?
    ETA: couple of bucks a day for room cleaning.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    That was me forgetting to do my anti double post trick.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    nerd32015 wrote: »
    nerd32015 wrote: »
    confession time, let's see... I haven't eaten anything today, but I had a chocolate milk to take my meds before bed

Not judging, but this doesn't sound at all healthy! Why didn't you eat anything, are you unwell or purposefully restricting? If the latter, please be kind to yourself and don't do this to your body--it needs fuel to function.

I was unwell today and have had a few sleepless nights so I basically just slept most of the day, which is another reason why I wasn't eating, don't worry, not purposely restricting

I hope you feel better soon! :)
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

:confounded: I probably should so I don't gain 20 pounds!!

Tubbs216 wrote: »

We go to Mexico every year or two for a week and take about US $100 in singles and some fives for tips. Usually we'll leave $1 for drinks, $3 for casual lunches and $5+ for the fancier dinner restaurants (all dependent on service). This assumes an all inclusive resort. Is that right?
    Yep, all inclusive. I told my boyfriend your advice and he said ''Sorry but I'm not paying a dollar for every drink I get.'' I've heard, however, that if you DON'T tip... you get watered down gross stuff.

• Tubbs216
    Options

Yep, all inclusive. I told my boyfriend your advice and he said ''Sorry but I'm not paying a dollar for every drink I get.'' I've heard, however, that if you DON'T tip... you get watered down gross stuff.
    Yeah, also, the workers get paid very little, so their tips make a big difference.
    If you look for your resort on Trip Advisor, there will be loads of reviews and people will often mention things like tipping and how to get the best service, etc etc. I'm glued to that site when I'm getting ready to go on vacation!
  • FluffySandwich
    Options

Yeah, also, the workers get paid very little, so their tips make a big difference.
    If you look for your resort on Trip Advisor, there will be loads of reviews and people will often mention things like tipping and how to get the best service, etc etc. I'm glued to that site when I'm getting ready to go on vacation!
    I'm looking at TripAdvisor as we speak! My boyfriend's mom recommended we bring twenty dollars of tip for the whole two weeks. I think that's outrageously low, but when I told him that he seemed surprised.

• Tubbs216
    Options

I'm looking at TripAdvisor as we speak! My boyfriend's mom recommended we bring twenty dollars of tip for the whole two weeks. I think that's outrageously low, but when I told him that he seemed surprised.
    There are those people on trips who don't ever tip. Don't be those people.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options

There are those people on trips who don't ever tip. Don't be those people.
    Hahaha, I was just thinking about how I don't want to be the jerkwad who's constantly complaining, berating staff, and not tipping. I'm aware that they're not earning much. I saw someone recommended bringing a cheap makeup kit to give away makeup to the housekeeper each evening. I think I might just tip a couple dollars a night like you said. If my boyfriend doesn't want to tip, that's on him... but I'd feel bad :/
  • thewritingviolinst1
    thewritingviolinst1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My weight loss journey is really scary for me. I have been in recovery from anorexia and bulimia for about a year. I was sick and without help for seven years. Now as I try to get back down to an appropriate weight for my height, I'm really fighting urges to restrict/purge. I haven't so far, yet! Woo!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    My confession is that when I first started reading the forums I was very confused that I kept seeing CICO all over the place. Cico (pronounced Tea co) is the name of our adopted cat. It took me about a week to learn what it actually means, and I felt like such an idiot.

It took me forever to know what NSV & Doms meant.

There are still sometimes that people post something that is slang or abbreviated & I have to look it up on Google.

I know what NSV is after asking what is Doms?

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

Huh. I was thinking something completely different, but couldn't figure out how it related to food or weight loss.

LOL :D well, I mean... that is one definition...

Thanks. You've reassured me that I'm not going crazy. :smiley:
  • pearso21123
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    My confession is that when I first started reading the forums I was very confused that I kept seeing CICO all over the place. Cico (pronounced Tea co) is the name of our adopted cat. It took me about a week to learn what it actually means, and I felt like such an idiot.

It took me forever to know what NSV & Doms meant.

There are still sometimes that people post something that is slang or abbreviated & I have to look it up on Google.

I know what NSV is after asking what is Doms?

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

Huh. I was thinking something completely different, but couldn't figure out how it related to food or weight loss.

Yeah, that was the only thing I could think of too.....also, way earlier in the thread, someone was talking about cbt, also means something different to me, :open_mouth:

cognitive behavioral therapy...? What else does it mean? o:

I'll admit, I'll don't know that one, either.
  • pearso21123
    Options
    This isn't a confession but it seems like a good place to put it. Children's books are still relevant to my life, apparently.
    v4dqkKr.png

I used to love Frog and Toad. You don't see them much, anymore. I doubt my kids would even know what they are.
  • pearso21123
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    mom216 wrote: »
    I told a friend she looked beautiful in a new outfit. My real thoughts..... she looked fat & awful. The style did absolutely nothing for her shape. Would a real friend tell her the truth? I don't want to hurt her feelings; she believes she looks like a rock star. :*

I would want to be told. Preferably by someone I know loves me, regardless. My husband always lets me know if something doesn't look good on me. I value his opinion, especially since he's really the only person I care to impress. But, I still get my daughters' opinions as back-up verification. They have NO trouble telling me the truth.
    Whether to tell or not depends on whether it can be changed or not. My grandmother said, you never tell someone at the party that they have a run in their stocking unless you have a spare to offer. Otherwise, you're just ruining their fun by making them self-conscious.

Of course, if you catch the fashion offender before she leaves home, there are tactful ways to be honest without being hurtful or robbing her of her confidence. However, if she is confident and felling good, she is going to have more fun in her choice than in whatever tasteful modifications are made.

Remember, most men can't tell a good ensemble from a bad one, they can only tell that a woman looks like she's looking good.

Edit- Dirt on my screen was masquerading as punctuation.

I confess that's a word I'd have to look up to make sure I was spelling it properly. I just looked it up and you did spell it properly, which made me happier than it probably should have :smile: .
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    I told a friend she looked beautiful in a new outfit. My real thoughts..... she looked fat & awful. The style did absolutely nothing for her shape. Would a real friend tell her the truth? I don't want to hurt her feelings; she believes she looks like a rock star. :*
    I would have told her the truth, nicely. I would never lie to a friend about something like that.
    Also, I would be really pissed if someone let me walk around thinking I looked great if I looked awful.
    What wording would you have used? Particularly if she thought she looked great?

That outfit does not sit on you very well. Why don't you try (whatever suggestion or alternate clothes I might have).
    I would struggle with telling someone those things. But... I wish I had a friend like that because it makes every compliment mean that much more. ''You look good'' means you ACTUALLY look good. You become more trustworthy. I just worry about hurting peoples' feelings. :(

I like to tell myself that my other half will be honest if something looks terrible on me, though he's biased as to what "terrible" might be.

I also know that I have friends who will walk that gentle but discouraging line, who I COULD press for a really honest answer if I felt like I could take the truth. Haha.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    NSV
    My daughter age 16 as I've mentioned has some struggles with her relationship with food and her body image. She is at a perfect weight and is healthy. She is doing pretty well the last few weeks.

She lives primarily with me. She is interning with me this summer. We spend tons of time together as her friends are almost all out of town.

As I am at a healthy weight and as she is around constantly I am not measuring or weighing or logging food. I have lost five pounds in three months. I'm absolutely thrilled with that. The best part is she doesn't know that I am actually working on weight loss. When I told her I wanted sleep more than a run this morning her answer was "well it's not like you are trying to lose weight so you don't have that added motivation. " I am so glad she has not caught on that I am working on my weight. That sounds weird but this very slow small loss is my goal. :smiley:

I'm glad she is not negatively impacted by it.

That's seriously awesome to hear/read. I applaud your handling this so well.