Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Guys, I think I'm in trouble. I just made these:
    e67j0kb2qyoi.jpg
    ...And I think they're going to be lunch.

Also, for anyone who wants to see my giant <400 calorie cauliflower rice, here's a picture of one serving next to a jumbo-sized sandwich, for comparison purposes:
    8ws55a2iirls.jpg

Even though you're younger than me- will you be my mother? I hate baking! I need someone to do it for me! :)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    arv51862 wrote: »
    Wow, This is a tough one but it will feel good to get the 'secret' off my chest...
    My profile pic, It's not really me...
    Whewwww, I feel better already ! =)

Your honesty has inspired me... in the interests of full disclosure, I have to share that mine isn't me either.

I refuse to accept this.

Damn. Anonymity... out the window.

After today I have 6 days' vacation. I have to admit that I'm getting a little anxious about being offline for long periods and 90 gazillion new posts appearing on this thread.

Plus I'll miss all of you. :/

We'll miss you too! At least the forecast looks nice until Wednesday next week.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Guys, I think I'm in trouble. I just made these:
    (picture removed)
    ...And I think they're going to be lunch.

Even though you're younger than me- will you be my mother? I hate baking! I need someone to do it for me! :)

Consider yourself adopted, if you'll save me from myself by eating my baked goods. I LOVE to bake! But then I end up eating a little too much of what I baked... :p
  • pitchfordmalisa
    pitchfordmalisa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Worst Buzz kill ever for me. I had just started weight watchers and had been going strong for a few weeks. after a meeting once I was super excited because I had lost 10 pounds. Put on a pink top I hadn't worn in a while, and stepped out to meet a friend. Feeling SUUUUUUUPER fly, I strutted off to the mall to visit my friend. While standing there talking to her, a customer came up to also talk to her, she tuned to me and said when are you due? :s

Hah we were just talking about this! How did you respond??? That's just rude from a stranger, I bet you did look super fly!

I looked at my friend and said 'welp, that killed it for me...I'm going home'. When the lady looked at me I just said I'm not pregnant honey my youngest child is 10.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    [="Francl27;32842296"]I confess that after hearing everyone butchering my name, I just decided to use very common and traditional names for my kids. And also considered changing my name when I got my US citizenship a year ago... just decided against it because I didn't want more paperwork.

Even though I had a popular name, I named my kids traditional names. I tried not to give them a top 10 name like mine, but I did choose regular names with regular spellings. I 100% don't judge what other parents do. I feel like I have to say that. Not judgmental!

Also, I don't plan to change my last name since being married. My oldest has my last name and I feel like it would be pretty crappy to leave him as the only one with that name. Also, I don't care about that particular tradition and my husband doesn't care either. We know we are married.

My husband would love if I change mine, but I've had this last name for 43 years. The different last name is just not me.

If that makes sense.

It makes sense to me!

I changed my maiden to married name only to help with immigration - I had never intended to change my name. I am STILL changing it back two + years after the divorce. It is a hassle and involves sending original documents all over the place and providing documentation that I am the same person. I like my original name better. I would like to marry again given the right man (SO may be it but I'm in no hurry and I want to do it right if I do it at all) but I will not change my name again. My name is part of my professional identity and I was even able to get my degree issued in my maiden name (whoo hooo!). So while in private I would be ok with Mrs. Future Husband (if there is one) in my work life and on legal documents I remain Dr. Nonoelmo. :wink:

I didn't change my name when I got married, but I did change it when I made the move to this job last year. The old name was the same as my kids' last name, but they're grown now so it isn't a big deal to fill out school forms and such. I wasn't attached to the old last name, and I haven't had my maiden name since 1993 so I changed it.

Edited to try to fix the quotes, but they refuse to be fixed.

I know this is my own personal issue, but I always feel like I need to point out that my daughter is adopted because her last name is different from mine......I know its not a big deal in this day and age, but the fact that she is older than my son, and has a different last name makes me feel awkward if I do not explain.....[/quote]

My younger kids have their dad's last name, because that was important to him and I didn't mind. People ask me if my older son is adopted all the time anyway, because he is half black and the rest of us are white. I didn't want to make him feel like more of an outlier by changing my name and leaving him as the only person with my maiden name AND the only person of color. However, the reason we got married at all instead of leaving things how they were is so that my husband can eventually adopt him legally, so I guess I'll eventually be able to answer "yes" to the adoption question. Maybe when that happens we can both change our names if he wants to.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    ...I think I had my old profile picture for too long. I keep re-reading my own posts, thinking they're from some new poster, because of the picture... Then I'm all like, "Wait, that's me. Idiot."
  • Jagkat
    Jagkat Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just started reading some of these from the beginning and some of these crack me up... I was in a funky mood and now I am just laughing so hard! Thanks for putting a smile on my face! Great seeing we all do crazy stuff..
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    Options
    Here is a picture of my lovely bruise. My leg is really swollen, it hurts constantly, and my foot keeps falling asleep. I think working out this week was not the best idea, but I'm trying to do all I can before I go on vacation and have to be seen in public in a bikini. Yellow means it's healing, right?!

yy12snvtb9io.jpg
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Summer-fied my pic, too. Mabel's in the pool, you guys. :D

Love it! And everyone else's summer updates!
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    Here I am, 2am, bringing up the rear and finally caught up for today.....

Tomorrow I am going to ribfest with my daughter.....can't wait, bring on the meat (and funnel cake)!

Can someone please explain this whole jail profile photo thing? How does it look like the are in jail, and how do they get out??

I am almost done rewatching the first season of OITNB for the third time, and I have to say, most of the inmates have good qualities even though we are seeing what they did wrong too.....except for Pennsatucky.....I cannot stand her!

Healy is a super moron too, what is up with his lesbian fetish?

I am just gonna name some random things since I do not know what else to write about at this time, since I seem to be here all alone...

Like I said earlier my favorite show ever was Queer As Folk

I used to love Better Off Ted and was super mad that it got cancelled so early.

I LOVED LOST until the finale, then I was not impressed.

I just finished season one of Hannibal and am not sure if I want to go on, I find it kind of confusing.

I love the movie Brokeback Mountain. It is one of the only romantic movies I like. My heart aches at the end of it, and I never get away without a tear or two. I can watch that movie again and again.

I love indy movies and foreign films.....some real hidden gems are out there:

The Separation
    Life Is Beautiful
    The Skin I Live In
    The Stoning of Soraya M.

I love reading, but am super slow and it takes me forever to finish a book.

Right now I am reading Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi (Ellen's wife). It is pretty good.

I love old Stephan King.....Rose Madder was one of the best books he has ever written....right up there with Green Mile.

Are You There Alone is a great book at Andrea Yates is a sad but amazing story.

Gone, But Not Forgotten is the best fiction book I have ever read.

Also, if anyone has not seen the movie Gone Girl, go see it, NOW.

Same! Better off Ted was hilarious. I was so mad at the last episode of LOST. I watched it on Netflix way after it was over, so I went online to see if I was the only one that was angry LMAO. Nope!

• berlynnwall
    Options
    sb011407 wrote: »
    I eat Nutella straight from the jar and as I am standing up I don't class it as food lol

For the longest time I just ate Nutella with a spoon because I had no idea what to do with it other than just eat it.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    levan11 wrote: »
    I'm a bit behind but had to chime in on the road rage thing. Apparently it's no joke these days. Last year there was an incident where a father and son were being tailgated by someone for quite awhile so they pulled into the parking lot of my gym (not necessarily for any type of confrontation I don't think, just to let the guy pass), but the guy followed them into the parking lot and SHOT them. The son actually died. Way too many crazies these days.

That is absolutely awful! I've gotten angry at other drivers on more than one occasion...but I can't imagine someone being so angry that they feel the need to shoot/kill someone!
    I mentioned before how much I love hot sauce... I bought a bottle of Frank's last week and already it's almost gone. Frank's hot sauce isn't very spicy at all (I could probaby drink the whole bottle and not get much of a burn) but it's DELICIOUS to me. It just tastes so good. I've been pouring it onto a spoon and eating it on its own :neutral:

I told my mom that I had bought some and she said ''Awww man, we brought you up two bottles!'' So now I have a lot of Frank's... it'll be gone soon enough :lol:

I love hot sauce too! I use apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, and Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb spice as my salad dressing every day. And hot sauce goes on pretty much everything else too! I use a bottle of it every week...just for myself.
    I've been doing pretty much the same thing- yesterday I ate a big bowl of spinach and cucumbers with hot sauce, rice wine vinegar, and some spices that I randomly threw in. The good thing about that meal/snack is that it was virtually no calories at all, and I find it so delicious.

Yes, same! I pair my salad with that "dressing", an egg white/cheese pita sandwich, and raw veggies dipped in spicy mustard for my lunch every day and it's 190-220 calories (depending on which/how much veggies I have) and keeps me full!!! Love it.

I would probably get eaten for ever daring to promote a cauliflower substitution for ANYTHING in the main forums, but what's probably my most favorite meal on the planet right now is mixed fried cauliflower "rice". It's the only thing I've ever tasted in which cauliflower actually tastes like/has the texture of the real thing, and I can eat a bowl the size of my head for less than 400 calories. I'm seriously in love with it. It is SO GOOD. *drool*

Definitely going to try this!
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I just finished reading the "You're too skinny!" Do others ever make you question your maintenance weight?" thread and now am feeling very grateful for my friends and family. I have only had good comments about my weight loss, so far. Of course, I still have a long ways to go. But man, reading that thread made me realize how rude and unsupportive some people are.

I first got down to my normal weight nearly 20 years ago. I went from around 500 to around 175. People who didn't recognize me treated me completely differently than they did when I was big. I got smiles and courtesy, doors held open - and I don't mean flirting, it was men and women, any ages, the way they treated me was night and day. People who were absolutely cold and wouldn't acknowledge me before would go out of their way to say hi.

Overall, I'd say that had a far bigger impact on me than the random "you need to eat a hot pocket" type comments I'd get once in a while. I'm very distrustful of people in general, now. It takes a very long time before I decide if they're actually a nice person, or if they're a "nice as long as you fit my cookie cutter mold" person. Outside of some dysfunctional family relationships, most of the comments like those in that thread will stop after people get used to seeing the smaller version of the person, but the really rude and unsupportive people are far more subtle.

the massive difference in ppl i experienced after losing 100lbs was ridiculous, i can't imagine how that must have been for you. it's made me even more bitter and cynical about people in general. because i can't help but think, how different would i be if for my whole life people just treated me like a normal person and were nice? or even just decent?

Gosh that sucks, I'm sorry y'all must have just encountered some pretty *kitten* people :( I can't believe people treat others that way because of their size it's so mind boggling to me!

Until yesterday, there was a subreddit on reddit called fatpeoplehate. It had over 100k members around the world. They would comb MFP and sparkpeople and instagram for people's before pictures, post them in their group, and make fun of them. Some of the really dedicated ones would track those people down on social media and harass them directly. It finally got nuked yesterday because they posted the names/addresses/etc of the owners of Imgur, in retaliation for Imgur removing some of fph's stolen images from their website.

Today, those 100k+ members are running around the internet protesting the violation of their "free speech" to harass people and steal their pictures, while some others are complaining because they considered those stolen images and the millions of posts making fun of them to be good inspiration for their own weight loss.

There are a lot of screwed up people in the world.

Wow!! Are you kidding me?! First off that's absolutely horrendous and heartbreaking! Second off who the hell has that much time on their hands to do something so evil?! I'm truly appalled and disgusted.

I'd love to see real time pictures of the people that were making fun of people that lost weight!

That was always a running joke about the people who posted there - they'd use /r/keto or /r/loseit or /r/fitness, but they would never ever ever post their own before and after pics. The part that infuriates me the most is that most of the weight loss subs have at least one thread discussing it getting deleted and why it happened (the actual cyberstalking and revealing people's personal info is what crossed the line). They all have people talking about how fph was such an inspiration to them or so entertaining. In those same threads, there are some of the victims who had their own photos stolen and posted there, and some who were cyberstalked all over reddit or onto their social media pages, and they're talking about how traumatic it was, how they had to delete their facebook or instagram, etc. People couldn't even see past their own entertainment, while trying to lose weight, to see how that entertainment was psychologically torturing other people right beside them trying to lose weight.

This is enough for me to NEVER post a before picture of myself. Ever. Actually it doesn't matter because I'm pretty sure there will never be an after picture for it to matter. (Weighed this morning- heaviest I have ever been without being pregnant) Good times.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    For those of you who sew I'm using simplicity 1773 and 1551 as templates for various parts of this.

I'm more excited about this than I should be. Please share pictures when you are done. That is so cool!

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Confession: I really don't think today is going to be a good day, calorie-wise. I'm all cravey and my will power is hiding in a corner somewhere...

I'm hungry today too. The only thing that's going to save me if I refuse to go to the store and buy junk to eat. So I have to eat what I brought to work.

In other news, my weight was 189.8 this morning and I didn't have to resort to "drastic measures" to get it there.

Awesome! Congratulations!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    So, I don't know if anyone remembers my wedding drama from way back in April*, but the short story is that my "best friend" would rather never talk to me again that work out our issues. I feel like I've broken up with a spouse. She and I have been friends longer than I've known my husband. I don't even really understand how she got this mad, and she won't tell me. And that is why I'm taking the Boo Radley challenge (not really, but I'm very sad).

*Cliff notes: She was helping me plan, I decided to elope for many valid reasons, she couldn't make it, she felt I cut her out.

:(
    I remember that. It always stinks to lose a friendship. It was your day.

Also, never loan money to a friend. I have been without one of my best friends for years because I loaned her something like $600 in 2004 (which I never saw again, even though she took her kids to Cancun with her tax refund a few months after the loan). Honestly, I don't even care about that money. We've been trying to rebuild the friendship over the past couple of years, and it's been really tough - even harder because I don't live in the same town anymore.

i lost my best friend about 10 years ago over trivial crap. we went to high school together, college together, shared an apartment at one point and were basically joined at the hip.

i loaned her money so we could go see tori amos together and she paid me back, so all cool. she wanted to go to more shows and i was always in charge of getting the tickets. even though i was only making minimum wage at the time, i had the stupidity of youth on my side and a discover card in my pocket, so i could always come through. two shows popped up that were in the 2-3 hour away range and i bought the tickets for us. i'd also loaned her money for a concert t-shirt and a bunch of books she wanted. about a week before the concert she tells me she can't go, doesn't have the money. didn't really seem to care that the tickets were already paid for. got in a massive fight on the phone and i got really frustrated and hung up on her.

i tried calling her the next day but she wouldn't answer the phone. i left her messages saying that even though she didn't have the money, i still had the tickets, so we might as well go and have fun. no reply. also, prior to the fight, i had entered an essay contest to have our seats upgraded to the front row at the show, then found out after the fight that i had won. but me still being a total doormat wanted to surprise her with the upgrade, so i kept leaving her messages alluding to how totally awesome this show was going to be. i probably left her about a dozen messages, up to the morning of the show. no answer, no reply. i tried calling her from my phone at work, she answered (not knowing the number) i said hi, and she hung up.

i waited a few months and sent her a couple emails. nothing. then after a couple years i tried reaching out to her again...nothing. i never heard another word from her. i still miss her :/

That's insane....something else must have been going on in her world, as that is nowhere near a normal response....

I thought that same thing
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    I've had to skip about 40 pages because I've had all day meetings at work for the past 2 days and just never got caught up. Sorry if I missed something momentous!

Confession: I paired my aforementioned supernoodles with fish fingers (I think they're call fish sticks in the States). Best 'placate the pregnancy hormones' dinner ever.

When I was pregnant with my oldest, I constantly craved fish and chips (fries). I think I had fish and chips at least twice a week. So good. That actually sounds good now too...
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    All this talk of Sims reminds me of a game on Sims 2 I think, where I allowed my Sim to get so depressed that a sad clown came round and wouldn't leave. He didn't even cheer her up.
    Sorry but this must have looked hilarious ;-D

• Susieq_1994
    Options
    levan11 wrote: »
    I'm a bit behind but had to chime in on the road rage thing. Apparently it's no joke these days. Last year there was an incident where a father and son were being tailgated by someone for quite awhile so they pulled into the parking lot of my gym (not necessarily for any type of confrontation I don't think, just to let the guy pass), but the guy followed them into the parking lot and SHOT them. The son actually died. Way too many crazies these days.

That is absolutely awful! I've gotten angry at other drivers on more than one occasion...but I can't imagine someone being so angry that they feel the need to shoot/kill someone!
    I mentioned before how much I love hot sauce... I bought a bottle of Frank's last week and already it's almost gone. Frank's hot sauce isn't very spicy at all (I could probaby drink the whole bottle and not get much of a burn) but it's DELICIOUS to me. It just tastes so good. I've been pouring it onto a spoon and eating it on its own :neutral:

I told my mom that I had bought some and she said ''Awww man, we brought you up two bottles!'' So now I have a lot of Frank's... it'll be gone soon enough :lol:

I love hot sauce too! I use apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, and Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb spice as my salad dressing every day. And hot sauce goes on pretty much everything else too! I use a bottle of it every week...just for myself.
    I've been doing pretty much the same thing- yesterday I ate a big bowl of spinach and cucumbers with hot sauce, rice wine vinegar, and some spices that I randomly threw in. The good thing about that meal/snack is that it was virtually no calories at all, and I find it so delicious.

Yes, same! I pair my salad with that "dressing", an egg white/cheese pita sandwich, and raw veggies dipped in spicy mustard for my lunch every day and it's 190-220 calories (depending on which/how much veggies I have) and keeps me full!!! Love it.

I would probably get eaten for ever daring to promote a cauliflower substitution for ANYTHING in the main forums, but what's probably my most favorite meal on the planet right now is mixed fried cauliflower "rice". It's the only thing I've ever tasted in which cauliflower actually tastes like/has the texture of the real thing, and I can eat a bowl the size of my head for less than 400 calories. I'm seriously in love with it. It is SO GOOD. *drool*

Definitely going to try this!

I admit that I didn't make the Chinese-style one that's popular in the US. In Oman, we have tons of Indian restaurant that advertise "continental" cuisine and serve their own unique take on Chinese food, including the fried rice. That was the flavor I was going for and I totally achieved it, too. ;) I did a lot of tweaking, though. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    A follow-up to an earlier confession: I've eaten way too many cookies today. :-/