Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    So today my husband comes home - he's currently on an away a week/home a week work schedule. Needless to say I'll be busy today trying to look like I've completely done ALL the jobs I planned to do when he was away, clean the house etc etc.

He's not a tyrant in any way, but because I'm not working at the moment, I think it's my job to do everything around the house so that he doesn't have to be concerned about it. I always feel like I need to have something to show for my free time - 'Look at this clean house!' or 'I did the garden!' or 'Here, I single handedly sanded and stained this big-@ss deck! Be pleased with me!'

Got any tips for others? Lol! I probably have to be the worst housewife ever, I seriously suck at it. :flushed:
    Make lists. Check things off. Seriously - best way to get anything done.

I believe I've shared this before, but I LOVE LISTS!!! They make me feel so accomplished when I can go through and check everything off. I even add stuff after the fact, just so I can check it off. :blush: I old my husband that last week and he got a big kick out of it.

I'm so anxious for our trip, that I want to pack all my stuff now, even though our trip isn't for another 18 days, and I will need most of the stuff I'm packing, aside from the swimwear, and the one new thing I bought to sleep in.

Plus if you pack now, you'll be convinced you forgot something, and will have to unpack and repack anyway. I have had that happen. :(

That's what the list is for. :smiley:

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I just finished reading the "You're too skinny!" Do others ever make you question your maintenance weight?" thread and now am feeling very grateful for my friends and family. I have only had good comments about my weight loss, so far. Of course, I still have a long ways to go. But man, reading that thread made me realize how rude and unsupportive some people are.

I first got down to my normal weight nearly 20 years ago. I went from around 500 to around 175. People who didn't recognize me treated me completely differently than they did when I was big. I got smiles and courtesy, doors held open - and I don't mean flirting, it was men and women, any ages, the way they treated me was night and day. People who were absolutely cold and wouldn't acknowledge me before would go out of their way to say hi.

Overall, I'd say that had a far bigger impact on me than the random "you need to eat a hot pocket" type comments I'd get once in a while. I'm very distrustful of people in general, now. It takes a very long time before I decide if they're actually a nice person, or if they're a "nice as long as you fit my cookie cutter mold" person. Outside of some dysfunctional family relationships, most of the comments like those in that thread will stop after people get used to seeing the smaller version of the person, but the really rude and unsupportive people are far more subtle.

I've noticed that too, in the opposite direction. I used to be in great shape and everyone wanted to talk to me and hang out. Now I'm in not so great shape and it's like I'm invisible. People are awful.

Sometimes I feel like this:

gyubpbhza86b.jpg

This makes me sad :'( I'd be your friend!

Me too.

<3
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    sngqfx8x5p1k.jpg

Sharing a picture of Phoebe and me from Sunday. We moved up to 3' (tried a few years ago and we had a few issues, so backed down and have been working on it every since -- my issues not hers) and tried again this past Sunday. She was amazing and we ROCKED it. :)

Plus, this is my first time trying to post a photo in here from my computer. I made it work on tablet, have never been able to figure out phone, so let's see if desktop works!

So jealous. I took lessons for about 10 years when I was younger and I LOVED jumping. 3 feet was the highest I ever got to. I still love watching showjumping on TV and I've realized I lean forward in my seat every time someone goes over a jump, like I can help them over lol.

Why don't you start again? I didn't start riding until right before my 21st birthday when I could pay for it myself. I always wanted to, but my parents wouldn't pay for it (they did a bit but not consistent so I don't consider 1 summer of lessons and 1 summer at a 1 week camp anything worthwhile) and now I work at the barn to help offset the costs. I've been jumping 3' for years but with Phoebe you have to be perfect or she won't jump, and I started messing her up when I went into the ring from nerves. So we backed off until I got more confident, and finally tried it. I was shaking so bad when I was done from the adrenaline rush, but I was so proud of myself! I didn't want to humiliate myself like I did a few years ago. :(

Cost and driving distance mostly. The closest stables that offer lessons are at least an hour away, and lessons aren't cheap! Once I had to start paying bills and being an "adult" I had to cut it out. :disappointed:

Good for you for overcoming your fear! Three feet doesn't seem like a lot, until you're approaching it lol. It blows my mind watching professional riders jump 5 ft (or more).

And it can be easy to be humiliated while horseback riding lol. I've been thrown, stepped on, kicked in the head (after I fell off going over a jump) and managed to smack my nose on the horse's neck going over a jump wrong. And I figure I got off easy compared to many other riders!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    @pofoster21, I love the photo! You two look great together and she's a beautiful horse.

Tupperware: my mom bought me some of the real stuff when I first moved out (eleven years ago?) and I loved it and used it constantly...until one of my roommates melted a bunch of the lids somehow. I think I might have cried. It was almost as bad as the time our current roommate broke the glass bowl for my KitchenAid. He had to go to the ER because it cut him up so badly so I couldn't be mad at him, but still. So sad.

Now I only buy glass "tupperware"-type containers though, no plastic, because I'm paranoid about getting it clean otherwise. I hate plastic anything for food - glass, stainless, ceramic all day for me. Again...total clean freak over here.

I would love to buy the glass ones, because the plastic ones stain so badly when I put anything containing tomatoes/tomato sauce/tomato paste in them. :-/ Also, they tend to take on the smell of stuff like garlic and onions, and it's hard to scrub the smell out. -_-

The main problem is that I'm EXTREMELY clumsy, and anything glass is bound to be very short-lived in my house, so I really can't do that. I'm so jealous of people who can have glass dishes and those oh-so-pretty delicate porcelain teacups and... and... *cries from envy*

Fun fact: Whenever my husband hears a bang from another room, he calls out... "What did you break this time?" And if he DOESN'T hear any bangs, he comes to check if I'm okay because it's too quiet... ;)

The newer pyrex is made more cheaply than the old stuff, so it's not as sturdy. But, if you can find old sets of it at flea markets or second hand shops, the way they used to make it, you had to put effort into breaking it.

Even the newer pyrex is pretty difficult to break (I've dropped pieces from the highest cabinet to the floor and no breaking), but definitely the older stuff is almost bulletproof. I have some of both. I also have tupperware, but it is in a closet and almost never gets used.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I have an interview with a recruiter after work today, who does not seem to be working with the sort of companies/positions that I'm really aiming for. I'm going mostly as a "refresher" on the whole interview experience. Does that make me a jerk?

I was telling someone at work, who is a lot senior to me, about an interview I had for a job I knew I didn't want. I was contacted by a recruiter, who basically overcame every single obstacle I presented to the interview (the interviewer travelled 200 miles to a different office and did it out of hours). The guy I was talking to, in a totally informal, non work way, got really huffy with me about it and said it didn't look good to be wasting their time! I thought I'd been totally upfront all the way through, so didn't really see a problem! So I definitely don't think you're a jerk. When they chase sometimes it's easier to go with it, especially when you gain experience from it.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    I really love this thread. You guys have helped me through a pretty hard time, and I have seen you help so many other people through hard times as well. People on the internet can be awful, but they can also be great. Best thread ever.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    So today my husband comes home - he's currently on an away a week/home a week work schedule. Needless to say I'll be busy today trying to look like I've completely done ALL the jobs I planned to do when he was away, clean the house etc etc.

He's not a tyrant in any way, but because I'm not working at the moment, I think it's my job to do everything around the house so that he doesn't have to be concerned about it. I always feel like I need to have something to show for my free time - 'Look at this clean house!' or 'I did the garden!' or 'Here, I single handedly sanded and stained this big-@ss deck! Be pleased with me!'

Got any tips for others? Lol! I probably have to be the worst housewife ever, I seriously suck at it. :flushed:
    Make lists. Check things off. Seriously - best way to get anything done.

I make lists compulsively, I love lists :#

I have a notebook that I carry in my purse for my lists. I never know when something will occur to me and I have to write it down. Also then I have it when I go to the store. I have grocery lists, Target lists and Costco lists. Plus, things to do lists, project lists, more. Oy
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Kelll12123 wrote: »
    I ate over half a carton of ice cream in one sitting last week

I went through a period of several weeks in 2005 where I ate ice cream for dinner every night when I was alone. Anywhere from a quart to most of a half gallon. Needless to say I packed on over 30 lbs. during that time.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    sngqfx8x5p1k.jpg

Sharing a picture of Phoebe and me from Sunday. We moved up to 3' (tried a few years ago and we had a few issues, so backed down and have been working on it every since -- my issues not hers) and tried again this past Sunday. She was amazing and we ROCKED it. :)

Plus, this is my first time trying to post a photo in here from my computer. I made it work on tablet, have never been able to figure out phone, so let's see if desktop works!

So jealous. I took lessons for about 10 years when I was younger and I LOVED jumping. 3 feet was the highest I ever got to. I still love watching showjumping on TV and I've realized I lean forward in my seat every time someone goes over a jump, like I can help them over lol.

Why don't you start again? I didn't start riding until right before my 21st birthday when I could pay for it myself. I always wanted to, but my parents wouldn't pay for it (they did a bit but not consistent so I don't consider 1 summer of lessons and 1 summer at a 1 week camp anything worthwhile) and now I work at the barn to help offset the costs. I've been jumping 3' for years but with Phoebe you have to be perfect or she won't jump, and I started messing her up when I went into the ring from nerves. So we backed off until I got more confident, and finally tried it. I was shaking so bad when I was done from the adrenaline rush, but I was so proud of myself! I didn't want to humiliate myself like I did a few years ago. :(

Cost and driving distance mostly. The closest stables that offer lessons are at least an hour away, and lessons aren't cheap! Once I had to start paying bills and being an "adult" I had to cut it out. :disappointed:

Good for you for overcoming your fear! Three feet doesn't seem like a lot, until you're approaching it lol. It blows my mind watching professional riders jump 5 ft (or more).

And it can be easy to be humiliated while horseback riding lol. I've been thrown, stepped on, kicked in the head (after I fell off going over a jump) and managed to smack my nose on the horse's neck going over a jump wrong. And I figure I got off easy compared to many other riders!

I have done all of these and hold the record in my barn for the most falls in one lesson...5 in a row over the same jump! I fell off every time I rode for 9 straight months. I learned to stay on however! And yes, the highest I have jumped is 4' (once) and Phoebe and I often jump 3'6 at home, but being at a show is very different!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I am totally judging on a female that keeps posting threads with fitness model pictures and says she wants to look like them, but she has 140 pounds to lose! I want to go tell her that she is setting herself up for failure. Baby steps, honey, baby steps!

But I don't think that would be well received.

I think everyone wants to, I know exactly who you're speaking about :o
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    I have an interview with a recruiter after work today, who does not seem to be working with the sort of companies/positions that I'm really aiming for. I'm going mostly as a "refresher" on the whole interview experience. Does that make me a jerk?

Nope. I've gone on in-person interviews with companies when I was pretty sure I wasn't interested in the position. Turning down job offers is no walk in the park (for me, anyway), but I actually wound up accepting my current job after initially not thinking I was all that interested...
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    And woot! I stepped on the scale today and my body finally released the stupid 2-4 lbs of water (it varied) it held on to for this past week and even gave me another -1 lb for my wait.

So now I'm down 17 pounds. With another 23 lbs to go until goal. That makes me feel awesome.

I've been feeling kind of grumpy/crabby/exhausted the last few days so I went to bed at 8 pm last night after I put both my kids to bed. It felt AMAZING to sleep for 10 hours. I used to average 4-5 hrs/night.

So this is going to sound weird, but every time I get a lot of sleep I always am lighter in the AM. Its weird.

I have a friend who didn't lose weight for WEEKS and she was getting discouraged, but when she started getting more than 3-4 hours of sleep per night, she dropped about three kilos over the next week or so. It may sound odd, but the amount of rest we get almost always affects weight loss. If I haven't slept well the day before a weigh-in, it's generally not a pretty number.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    sngqfx8x5p1k.jpg

Gorgeous! Horses are so amazing. I've always loved them.

They are, and Phoebe is pretty special.

Love the picture. I have wanted a horse since someone put me on a pony in a parade when I was two. It has never been the right time so I will enjoy them through other people. Thanks for sharing this photo.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I really love this thread. You guys have helped me through a pretty hard time, and I have seen you help so many other people through hard times as well. People on the internet can be awful, but they can also be great. Best thread ever.

100% agree! I love it here
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    sngqfx8x5p1k.jpg

I have done all of these and hold the record in my barn for the most falls in one lesson...5 in a row over the same jump! I fell off every time I rode for 9 straight months. I learned to stay on however! And yes, the highest I have jumped is 4' (once) and Phoebe and I often jump 3'6 at home, but being at a show is very different!

Well I think that's very impressive! :smiley:
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    sngqfx8x5p1k.jpg

Oh. This reminds me that I need to sign my son up for therapeutic riding again. TROT. He enjoys it and is so much more confident when he rides.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I feel like I probably gained back everything in the last few days just from eating out every day. Right now I'm scared to check the scale.

My mom's hotel while she was staying here had a free suana, and I LOVED IT. There was a dry one and a steam one, and I think I prefer the steam one (although at first it was hard to breath and felt like you were inhaling menthol). I think I might go back there from time to time because they don't check to make sure I'm actually staying at the hotel or not ;)
    I came back from vacation a few days ago and my bloating is awful. The four days were definitely worth it though.

The last time I stayed somewhere with a free sauna, you had to use a room key to open the door. :/

Congrats on graduating and hope you had a great time!

• LBuehrle8
    Options
    Thank you @ythannah! I get that all the time so I'm used to it and I like it seeing as I'll be 30 next April :D

Plus my sister is turning 24 in July and everyone always asks how old her "younger" sister is, it always pisses her off haha :p
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    So, I think I need to update my MFP profile. I recently lost a couple of friends who were pretty active on here after getting some inappropriate PMs from them. I'm not here for a date! Really.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    So, I don't know if anyone remembers my wedding drama from way back in April*, but the short story is that my "best friend" would rather never talk to me again that work out our issues. I feel like I've broken up with a spouse. She and I have been friends longer than I've known my husband. I don't even really understand how she got this mad, and she won't tell me. And that is why I'm taking the Boo Radley challenge (not really, but I'm very sad).

*Cliff notes: She was helping me plan, I decided to elope for many valid reasons, she couldn't make it, she felt I cut her out.