Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I have really enjoyed getting to know you all through this thread.

In case you're keeping track, T-18 days until my anniversary/ vacation trip.

WOOHOO!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    This is my own personal page.

Since it took me until midnight to catch up on everything that happened while I was out today....

Now, I will eat a strawberry shortcake, and go to bed.....good night all!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - I'm completely procrastinating on filling the dishwasher.

The wife and I both hate doing that, we will use every dish in the house before loading it. If I had unlimited funds the first thing I would do is hire someone to load the dishwasher.

I would hire someone to do my laundry. I hate doing laundry. I FULLY REALIZE it just involves sticking a bunch of clothes into a stupid machine, and then sticking them into another stupid machine. Doesn't matter. Still hate doing laundry.

People think I am weird but I love doing laundry . Pulling it out of the dryer when it smells good. Folding it into neat little piles then hanging it all up in the closet . Just makes me happy..

I'm also a laundry lover. I get irritated if anybody else uses MY laundry machines. Just leave them alone and let me have this one thing.

I don't mind laundry. But I HATE folding socks. They will sit in a laundry basket for YEARS and everyone will have to hunt through for a matching pair.

I don't fold socks at all. I will give everyone their own socks in their laundry pile, but if they want to match them, that is on them. I also don't care if they just throw them all in a drawer and dig through in the morning. I have a relaxed attitude about this lol.

I have two types of socks. They are either black or white and identical aside from that. So I do not ever have to fold socks to find a pair.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Last time I stayed at a hotel, I took some of the little cups of peanut butter from the continental breakfast. I'm eating one now, with a spoon, as a snack. :p

Thief! Just kidding. That is a fabulous idea! I buy the little pre portioned cups of hummus so I don't have to weigh it out. It's WAY more expensive, but my time is precious and I don't want to spend it weighing out a really sad amount of hummus.

No judgement, but store-bought hummus is sad no matter what size or form it comes in! :o You can never beat homemade hummus. In fact, I just had some that I made a couple of days ago for dinner with Iranian-style kabab kubbideh! Yum. <3

Have you seen this https://youtube.com/watch?v=cLGUFaizAHs? As soon as I saw your comment I had to go watch it because I couldn't get that song out of my head. :)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    I have a judgey confession to make. I facepalm hard when I see the threads that have people panicking and freaking out because they just weighed themselves AFTER they ate and OMG I'M UP A POUND OR TWO. I mean, really?! You don't say? You mean you just put something with mass inside your body and now you're surprised your body weighs more? *facepalm*
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Last time I stayed at a hotel, I took some of the little cups of peanut butter from the continental breakfast. I'm eating one now, with a spoon, as a snack. :p

Thief! Just kidding. That is a fabulous idea! I buy the little pre portioned cups of hummus so I don't have to weigh it out. It's WAY more expensive, but my time is precious and I don't want to spend it weighing out a really sad amount of hummus.

No judgement, but store-bought hummus is sad no matter what size or form it comes in! :o You can never beat homemade hummus. In fact, I just had some that I made a couple of days ago for dinner with Iranian-style kabab kubbideh! Yum. <3

Have you seen this https://youtube.com/watch?v=cLGUFaizAHs? As soon as I saw your comment I had to go watch it because I couldn't get that song out of my head. :)

That's about right!! >:)
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    You're only as sick as your secrets, right?
    I've been thinking of cutting a lot lately. I don't even have any razors. I can't figure out why. I should be happier; I've been in a better place mentally than in years and years, and I'm into a really good college with everything paid for, and my sister's in another country. What am I doing wrong? What is wrong with me? I won't do it but I can't stop thinking about it. It would be so easy. But every time I started again I would remember how absolutely right it felt and then it would get worse.

On another note, anytime anyone says "feeling poorly" or variants thereof I have to force myself not to disregard everything else they're saying. .__. oops. Also, I wrote insulting limericks in my friend's yearbook over all the pictures of people we didn't like, and one of them was rather crude, and her mother saw it. Oops.

Also this thread makes me feel so much better about myself. So nice to have some solidarity and lack of judgment.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options

The wife and I both hate doing that, we will use every dish in the house before loading it. If I had unlimited funds the first thing I would do is hire someone to load the dishwasher.

As someone who lived without a dishwasher for 5 years and had to wash everything up by hand, I'm totally fine with loading a dishwasher lol!
  • Lois_1989
    Options

I would hire someone to do my laundry. I hate doing laundry. I FULLY REALIZE it just involves sticking a bunch of clothes into a stupid machine, and then sticking them into another stupid machine. Doesn't matter. Still hate doing laundry.

Will it make you jealous if I tell you that I have a fully automated washer that will wash, spin, and then dry the clothes, all in one machine? o:)

Editing to add: Speaking of household chores that I can't stand... I hate, hate, HATE ironing.

I don't mind ironing, but there is no point in me doing it at the moment because I have two shelves only to put all my clothes on (including underwear) so it all gets creased up the second it gets put away. This makes me sad, I don't like creased clothes, but I have no choice. :cry:
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Worse laundry mishap is when you forget to take stuff out of the washer in time but still think it will be ok and dry it with that terrible musty smell still in the clothes.

Done that. Bad idea.

I hate when my husband 'does laundry' because inevitably, the next time I want to start a load, I open the washer and OH LOOK THE LAUNDRY IS STILL THERE. Sometimes it's 2 days later. I'd smack him.

Yea, my SO does two loads only. Then I find not only the washing in the machine, but the tumbledryer is full as well. He stops at the 'Fold and put away' part.
  • Lois_1989
    edited June 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    oriel67 wrote: »
    I am afraid that when I lose my weight, I will feel ugly and hate the extra skin so much, that I will gain the weight back :(

I don't know how much you want to lose, but you might find you don't have much loose skin or that if you do, you won't really care. My arms are nicely toned (thanks to our very own in-thread arm workout series), but I have crazy bingo wings and I couldn't care less. I let my freak flags fly in tank tops and short sleeved shirts!

What I'm trying to say is that I would rather have the loose skin than the extra 135lbs I was carrying.

What are bingo wings??

The extra fat and/or skin that flaps in the breeze under your tricep when you hold your arm out from your body.

HA ha! The bit that jiggles when you wave at someone across the street.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

As someone who lived without a dishwasher for 5 years and had to wash everything up by hand, I'm totally fine with loading a dishwasher lol!

I have a dishwasher and still do everything by hand mostly. It's just me I don't generate a lot of dishes!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    You're only as sick as your secrets, right?
    I've been thinking of cutting a lot lately. I don't even have any razors. I can't figure out why. I should be happier; I've been in a better place mentally than in years and years, and I'm into a really good college with everything paid for, and my sister's in another country. What am I doing wrong? What is wrong with me? I won't do it but I can't stop thinking about it. It would be so easy. But every time I started again I would remember how absolutely right it felt and then it would get worse.

On another note, anytime anyone says "feeling poorly" or variants thereof I have to force myself not to disregard everything else they're saying. .__. oops. Also, I wrote insulting limericks in my friend's yearbook over all the pictures of people we didn't like, and one of them was rather crude, and her mother saw it. Oops.

Also this thread makes me feel so much better about myself. So nice to have some solidarity and lack of judgment.

You are in a really stressful time of life. I know you have mentioned having issues before. Colleges have mental health resources available to students. Maybe you should seek out some help before you slip from 'knowing you won't do it' to doing it?
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I have a dishwasher and still do everything by hand mostly. It's just me I don't generate a lot of dishes!

We I still have to wash pots and pans because the MIL is concerned that the Teflon coating gets damaged. Her house, her rules I guess. I just hate cooking AND washing up. :angry:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »

People think I am weird but I love doing laundry . Pulling it out of the dryer when it smells good. Folding it into neat little piles then hanging it all up in the closet . Just makes me happy..

I'm also a laundry lover. I get irritated if anybody else uses MY laundry machines. Just leave them alone and let me have this one thing.

I don't mind laundry. But I HATE folding socks. They will sit in a laundry basket for YEARS and everyone will have to hunt through for a matching pair.

I don't fold socks at all. I will give everyone their own socks in their laundry pile, but if they want to match them, that is on them. I also don't care if they just throw them all in a drawer and dig through in the morning. I have a relaxed attitude about this lol.

I have two types of socks. They are either black or white and identical aside from that. So I do not ever have to fold socks to find a pair.

One of my original posts in this thread was the ridiculous number of socks I have. I sort them by barn socks, socks to wear with street clothes, trouser socks, riding socks and running socks. It's probably a few hundred pair.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »

I don't like laundry either. Throwing it in the washer is no problem, but most of my clothes are hung to dry which is a pain.

Laundry I don't mind doing, but I bring it to work with me to do. Side benefit of working in athletics at a university is using the washer/dryer here I can do the equivalent of 6 loads washed/dried in 1 hour.

You can swing by and get my laundry any time! (eta: that sounds vaguely sexual and I promise you it's not! I apologize!)

I specifically only buy clothes that can be washed and dried. Nothing that needs any sort of special care. Last time I bought a sweater that needed to be hung to dry, my husband accidentally shrunk it in the dryer. I brought it to work without trying it on first after it had been washed (I wear workout clothes for my commute), changed into it and realized it had been turned into a crop top.
    Haha! What did you wear that day?
    I used to have a beautiful cream cashmere cardigan. Very expensive. Somehow it got put through a hot wash and came out like it would fit a 6 month old baby; tiny, perfectly formed, but now made of cream felt!

I have done this...more than once, and never with inexpensive wool sweaters, just with J Crew cashmere. Now I don't even put them in the laundry basket in case they get missed when I sort laundry.

On the plus side, I've received three cute wool sweaters from the men in my house when they've had their own laundry accidents. They now fit me snugly with little three-quarter sleeves when they used to be men's mediums...

I have a laundry hamper that's sorted into three separate baskets--By the time laundry day comes up, all the laundry is pre-sorted and I don't have to do anything except throw it into the washing machine. :) It's very useful!

Yes, I have one of those too! One for whites, one for mediums and one for darks. The hard part is convincing my fiance to put things in the right bins. I'm forever taking his stuff out of the dark bin and moving to the medium one (he only did whites and darks when he lived alone).

I wash everything together, lol. Whites, darks, whatever! Ain't nobody got time for that!! LMAO

Me too. Anything nice enough to warrant separating out gets dry cleaned.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I just finished reading the "You're too skinny!" Do others ever make you question your maintenance weight?" thread and now am feeling very grateful for my friends and family. I have only had good comments about my weight loss, so far. Of course, I still have a long ways to go. But man, reading that thread made me realize how rude and unsupportive some people are.

I first got down to my normal weight nearly 20 years ago. I went from around 500 to around 175. People who didn't recognize me treated me completely differently than they did when I was big. I got smiles and courtesy, doors held open - and I don't mean flirting, it was men and women, any ages, the way they treated me was night and day. People who were absolutely cold and wouldn't acknowledge me before would go out of their way to say hi.

Overall, I'd say that had a far bigger impact on me than the random "you need to eat a hot pocket" type comments I'd get once in a while. I'm very distrustful of people in general, now. It takes a very long time before I decide if they're actually a nice person, or if they're a "nice as long as you fit my cookie cutter mold" person. Outside of some dysfunctional family relationships, most of the comments like those in that thread will stop after people get used to seeing the smaller version of the person, but the really rude and unsupportive people are far more subtle.

That is really sad and I agree. People are terrible and go solely on appearances. But congratulations on a 325 lb weight loss. That is amazing and keeping it off for 20 years is incredible!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ok, so what would you all think about your husband/boyfriend/SO sexting coworkers.

I'm stuggling with my feelings right now. :(

All of the NOPE! Not okay! It's cheating...

Thanks for the replies guys. This is why my heart is broken and I've been so (BEYOND) depressed lately. I haven't talked to him since last Sunday. I have cried every day.

I did the bad thing and checked on his phone because he's been so secretive (I was able to guess the password). I saw a lot of things that I never wanted to see.

I love him so I'm struggling with my feelings right now. I know most people can't change but maybe therapy? I don't know. I am in that strange place where I don't want to be without him but I don't want to be with him if he can't change. :'(

Sorry to complain. I feel like it's cheating too since it's a violation of trust and he is being inappropriate. We are going to meet up Friday to talk. This is the guy I've been with for almost 11 years.

I would be pissed, like I said in my last post, I would want to freak out.....

I have read a lot of the posts that say it is a deal breaker, and while some people feel that way, I do not always think it is that easy.

If it is some guy you have been with a few months or something, of course, get out right away. But if it is someone you have been with for many years and otherwise the relationship is good and this is not repeat behavior, IMO you really have to decide if it is something worth throwing the whole relationship out.

I know this might not be a popular opinion, but I do not believe the monogamy is natural for humans. Most animals are not monogamous. Even if you are doing your best to be monogamous, sometimes you become drawn to something you cannot control.

I am a firm believer that some people will always cheat, and some people may never, but given the right set of circumstances EVERYONE is capable of cheating. Ever see the movie Unfaithful? Perfect example.

I actually agree with you that people are not naturally monogamous. But unless both sides are aware and have a agreement to behave or think openly about that, sexting or carrying on a affair is cheating. You are breaking an agreement between 2 people to have a singular and committed relationship, and you are hiding this fact from the other person in the relationship. That is what I object to. If you need the rules of the relationship changed, you need a discussion with your partner and they either agree or don't agree. Sneaking around behind someone's back is always wrong.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Whew 3 hours later I am all caught up. Now I'll just get behind again. It's a vicious cycle.

I feel ya! This is exactly what happens to me too!! At least it gives us something to read....I read a bit through out the night....a bit now, a bit after dinner, until I get caught up! The only thing is I look like a crazy binge poster of quotes!

Yep me too. But once I start I can't stop. I promised myself I would be out of bed 1/2 hour ago and here I am trying to catch up again!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Whew 3 hours later I am all caught up. Now I'll just get behind again. It's a vicious cycle.

I feel ya! This is exactly what happens to me too!! At least it gives us something to read....I read a bit through out the night....a bit now, a bit after dinner, until I get caught up! The only thing is I look like a crazy binge poster of quotes!

Yep me too. But once I start I can't stop. I promised myself I would be out of bed 1/2 hour ago and here I am trying to catch up again!

Now is a good time to catch up though because at least the end point is reasonably static.