Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Confession, I just ate two servings of peanut butter. I mean, there was some apple in there, but it was just an excuse for the peanut butter... ugh...
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I just ate a Quest apple pie bar that tasted nothing like apple pie. It was quite gross ... but I ate it anyways. :blush:

I did not enjoy the apple pie one, and it kind of broke my heart.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    @Lois_1989

2) Respecting and honoring your mother is the right thing to do in any/all societies regardless of religion.

Unless your mother was a crap mother (just remembering some earlier posts in this thread, not talking about my mum, she's awesome. )
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @lois_1989 Do you use a food scale? I know mine has been a life saver(which is why I confessed the peanut butter thing, because a serving of peanut butter is actually quite large). Weigh and measure everything.

Have you considered heavy lifting and focusing on lowering your body fat percentage instead of focusing on the scale? I know that has helped me a bit as well, considering my weight has gone up 3 pounds but my pants can be pulled off without unbuttoning them(now if only I had a boyfriend to do that FOR me) :blush:
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I feel really hard done by when I vote, play the lottery, or place a bet, and don't win. I SHOULD GET WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I TRIED.

YES. I bought 5 lines on the lottery on my birthday which was on the 5th May. So it was 5 5 5, but I'm too scared to check it, because I know I haven't won anything, I never do, but what if I have?? It's like Schrodinger's Cat in my head right now. lol

My husband has been explaining Schrödinger's cat to me for years, but you have finally helped me to get it!

The only reason I've even heard of that is Big Bang Theory! Love that show!

I had heard of Schrödinger's cat before Big Bang Theory but it was Sheldon who taught me what it was. Sheldon has taught me many things. Interesting fact, did you know the actor that plays Sheldon is 40! That man has aged well.

So I have to ask (and sorry if someone explained it and I missed it) what is this cat thing?

I didn't see anyone respond to this, but apologies if they did!

To over-simplify, it's the belief that until an action occurs, both possible outcomes exist equally. The "experiement" is that if you put a cat in a box with a vial of poison that will at some undetermined point in time break open and kill the cat, the cat is BOTH alive and dead until you open the box. Opening the box is what determines if it is in fact alive or dead, eliminating the other possibility.

It's kind of like the butterfly effect (NOT the terrible movie), which more people seem to understand.
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Confession: I may have just brewed an entire pot of coffee to drink at my desk while catching up on the 10+ pages of posts on this forum.
  • K8T80
    K8T80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How can we get this to be back to confessions??!?!? Should we just start another thread?
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    paulaviki wrote: »
    Today I had broccoli oven roasted for the first time, I always just usually boil it. It was bloody gorgeous! And then I mixed tuna with avocado for my sandwiches tomorrow instead of mayo. Also bloody delicious. How have I not eaten these things in this way before!

I adore oven roasted broccoli. I like to toss it with some lemon juice and a couple of TB of hummus while it's hot. Amazing.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tomorrow I will be in training all day. This makes me sad for 3 reasons.

1. I have no idea what we'll be served for lunch so I can't log it accurately.
    2. I won't be able to be on here at all.
    3. Since I do my HIIT at my office, I'll be missing tomorrow's workout.

I am, however, looking forward to being out of the office for the day and getting paid for it, also...FREE LUNCH!!! B)

Curious, what kind of HIIT do you do at the office?

@kellienw335 We had an extra room in our building so my boss turned it into a workout room. He hired a trainer from a local gym to come in and set up interval stations and teach us how to do each exercise. Every other Tuesday, he comes back to switch out one of the stations. Best part, it's 100% FREE! My boss covers everything. I absolutely love it and don't understand why everyone at doesn't participate.

That's awesome! What a great idea! Good for you for taking advantage of it!

We have an incentive plan here at work where if you log a certain number of exercise hours per week for the quarter you can earn up to 8 hours of leave. I really don't understand why people don't participate.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    Okay, there are no salt n vinegar chips in the states?!? :o

Also, I'm Canadian and have no idea what peameal bacon is. Or peameal ham...whatever that nasty pic was lol.

The bacon pic-the straight perfect pieces are sold in packages here, and the bigger "loose" cut kind is usually from the butcher shop. Much better...

Yes, we have salt and vinegar chips. They are delicious, but I can't eat very many because they tear up my mouth!
  • Lois_1989
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @lois_1989 Do you use a food scale? I know mine has been a life saver(which is why I confessed the peanut butter thing, because a serving of peanut butter is actually quite large). Weigh and measure everything.

Have you considered heavy lifting and focusing on lowering your body fat percentage instead of focusing on the scale? I know that has helped me a bit as well, considering my weight has gone up 3 pounds but my pants can be pulled off without unbuttoning them(now if only I had a boyfriend to do that FOR me) :blush:

Yup weigh everything I have scales at work and at home. and I do NROLFW 3x a week at the gym. (but the controversy is that you shouldn't actually lift weights while on a calorie deficit, so I don't know if this is what is causing me problems?) I starting to think my SO is feeding me at night lol!

The last slightly drastic thing I can think of is when I log food I put it into the database myself, for everything. I know some people do this and then put their initials at the end so they know that it is the information they entered. But again I can't see how a couple of mis-measured calories can add up to 900 calories, a day. It's just all a bit too extreme.
  • melissajones360
    melissajones360 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm about to eat 3,000 calories of Dominos pizza. Think it's safe to say I've fallen off the wagon
  • purple817
    purple817 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I got weighed - no loss........so I ate everything in sight......damn it!
  • kamber13
    kamber13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I was finally in the next ten spot last Tuesday and then spoiled it Wednesday- Sunday. Now I'm 4 lbs. up and can't seem to get it back down! I'm so frustrated!
  • Lois_1989
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I think I have solved my issue. It is something to do with the settings on my Mis-Fit. I've looked back over the week and noticed for example yesterday I went swimming, according to my Mis-Fit I burned 439 calories for an hour swim. Which is fine. But at the end of the day it is saying on MFP my calorie adjustment is 756 calories. That's an additional 317 calories. That is quite a bit. I wonder how I can fix that...

Well, now that is solved, maybe I should get back to work. :hushed:
  • kellienw335
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    bbontheb wrote: »
    Confession: There is a pattern of jumping all over posters,especially new ones-mocking their posts, questions because they think something is not possible etc. The way they speak to the posters are incredibly rude and alienating. I'm surprised if most of these people ever return to post something or continue with MFP, or logging food after the very "harsh" approach. Then there are the people that just complain that the OP's don't want to hear the truth when in fact it's the negative way people are responding making the OP obviously feel criticized and unsupported. So ya, that's my irritation confession. Makes me never want to ask any questions here.

Here's where this irritates me - there are trolls on this forum. Everyone knows there are trolls on this forum. The trolls flat out admit they are trolls. And even still, people will defend them, and pretend they actually mean well, or act like they've never seen the trolling, as if they've read everything the acct has posted, except for the times they're intentionally trying to start an argument. I'd rather people admit, "yeah, they're a troll, but they make me laugh, so I don't care," rather than act like they have some secret psychic knowledge into the motivations of people who are just "misunderstood."

The funniest troll I can remember is this account who said they weighed 600 pounds & ate like six sticks of butter, two large pizzas, 30-40 slices of cake, & a ton of other stuff that no one in their right mind would be able to eat & the number of people who were taking them seriously was astounding. I took them seriously until I read their food diary & knew it was someone who just put a bunch of random food entries in with multiple servings.

So I have read about trolls but never really understood what people were talking about. It's people that fake their their situation to see if people take the bait? Why? To spark fights? I don't get it.

I don't get it either! Seriously, do they think that's fun? AND, who has time for that? Get a life!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I confess that I always pin a ton of recipes on Pinterest & then never make them.

I also love to pin funny memes & food/exercise funnies.

I have a board just for funnies/memes and exercise. But I have about 3 or 4 for food (desserts, baking, squares, bread, etc). I have made a few things I have seen on there (Carmelitas, salted caramel cheesecake, caramel sauce). I have started my own recipe book. The recipes I find that I have tried and tinkered to my liking (adding things/changing quantities/variations/etc) I print on nice paper add pictures and put in a sheet protector. Then there are ones that I find and store in a section of my book called "prospects". That way I can write in any changes that I make when making it or make notes on what I would do next time before I save a final copy.

When I was a kid, my mom, grandma, and aunt would always make apple pie from all the apples from their trees. I used to get so sick of apple pie since we had it for dessert for every dinner because we made so many pies in the fall. Now that they are gone, it took a while to figure out all the spices they put in it and the tricks they used to get the right pie crust (vinegar). I have since mastered making pie crust (and abhor any store bought crust/pie) but i want something I can pass down to my kids (when I have them) so they can recreate the yummy food I make. Now, when we have family dinners i always make dessert and apple pie just for my dad. Food=love.

We lost my grandmother recipes and it breaks my heart. Loved all her meals and desserts.
  • ShareenaFulton
    ShareenaFulton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Confession: I was prescribed Modafinil for medical reasons. I found it didn't help with the symptoms it was prescribed for...however I did find that it completely eliminated hunger pangs during my fasting days. I'm now taking it on those days, only for that reason. I feel guilty, using it for something other than it was prescribed, but I figure that it's better than emptying the pills down the toilet.