Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• WhatLouAte
    WhatLouAte Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Lisa1971 wrote: »
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Lisa1971 wrote: »
    Ok, here's mine. I keyed up my previous neighbor's brand new sports car. Why? Because him and his gf were house sitting and dog sitting for us while hubby and I were on vacation. Came home and found my great dane had been starved and was skin and bones. Sadly, the vet couldn't save him. Apparently the dog had swallowed a large hunting sock and the blockage made him vomit for days. I didn't get so much as an apology from them so one night I got rip roaring drunk, walked over to their house at 2am and keyed the crap out of the nice pretty car. No one knows except my best friend. Oh, and all of you guys! LOL!

I can't say I blame you, and if it was my dog I'd be saying they got off bloody lightly!!

As a total dog lover (see my avatar). I dont even think I need to be drunk to do that!!!!!!! That calls for a good *kitten* kicking!

Agreed!

OMG I would F**king kill them, seriously!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - I'm completely procrastinating on filling the dishwasher.

The wife and I both hate doing that, we will use every dish in the house before loading it. If I had unlimited funds the first thing I would do is hire someone to load the dishwasher.

I would hire someone to do my laundry. I hate doing laundry. I FULLY REALIZE it just involves sticking a bunch of clothes into a stupid machine, and then sticking them into another stupid machine. Doesn't matter. Still hate doing laundry.

I don't like laundry either. Throwing it in the washer is no problem, but most of my clothes are hung to dry which is a pain.

Laundry I don't mind doing, but I bring it to work with me to do. Side benefit of working in athletics at a university is using the washer/dryer here I can do the equivalent of 6 loads washed/dried in 1 hour.
    Nice job perk! Did they sell you on that when you interviewed?!
    Those giant machines are even better because nothing gets creased.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options

The wife and I both hate doing that, we will use every dish in the house before loading it. If I had unlimited funds the first thing I would do is hire someone to load the dishwasher.

I would hire someone to do my laundry. I hate doing laundry. I FULLY REALIZE it just involves sticking a bunch of clothes into a stupid machine, and then sticking them into another stupid machine. Doesn't matter. Still hate doing laundry.

People think I am weird but I love doing laundry . Pulling it out of the dryer when it smells good. Folding it into neat little piles then hanging it all up in the closet . Just makes me happy..

I'm also a laundry lover. I get irritated if anybody else uses MY laundry machines. Just leave them alone and let me have this one thing.

Same on both counts: I like doing laundry and no one else is allowed to at my house. Don't mess with my machines!
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

I don't like laundry either. Throwing it in the washer is no problem, but most of my clothes are hung to dry which is a pain.

Laundry I don't mind doing, but I bring it to work with me to do. Side benefit of working in athletics at a university is using the washer/dryer here I can do the equivalent of 6 loads washed/dried in 1 hour.

You can swing by and get my laundry any time! (eta: that sounds vaguely sexual and I promise you it's not! I apologize!)

I specifically only buy clothes that can be washed and dried. Nothing that needs any sort of special care. Last time I bought a sweater that needed to be hung to dry, my husband accidentally shrunk it in the dryer. I brought it to work without trying it on first after it had been washed (I wear workout clothes for my commute), changed into it and realized it had been turned into a crop top.
    Haha! What did you wear that day? Also laughing at your unintentional innuendo!

I used to have a beautiful cream cashmere cardigan. Very expensive. Somehow it got put through a hot wash and came out like it would fit a 6 month old baby; tiny, perfectly formed, but now made of cream felt!

The crop top, I just walked around looking like a lady of the night.

Just kidding, I borrowed an ill fitting North Face sweat shirt from a co-worker and told my boss what her other option was. I wasn't about to go out and buy a new shirt while I was still mourning the loss of my sweater!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

People think I am weird but I love doing laundry . Pulling it out of the dryer when it smells good. Folding it into neat little piles then hanging it all up in the closet . Just makes me happy..

I'm also a laundry lover. I get irritated if anybody else uses MY laundry machines. Just leave them alone and let me have this one thing.

I don't mind laundry. But I HATE folding socks. They will sit in a laundry basket for YEARS and everyone will have to hunt through for a matching pair.

I don't fold socks at all. I will give everyone their own socks in their laundry pile, but if they want to match them, that is on them. I also don't care if they just throw them all in a drawer and dig through in the morning. I have a relaxed attitude about this lol.
    I'll keep mismatched socks for a while, but after 5 years or so I realise that everyone has made all the sock puppets that realistically are ever going to be made (i.e. zero), and I'll chuck the spares. The mate will always be found the following week.

ETA: My men always seem to turn their socks inside out when removing them. For many years I'd turn them right way out. No longer. Ditto my daughter's skinny jeans & leggings. They know they get a pretty good deal in that I'm prepared to do their laundry, so they don't get to complain!

When I'm getting ready to donate clothes that are too small, I choose a day right after I've done laundry and go through the kid's socks. Whatever doesn't match gets thrown out. I did use one sock as a handwriting helper for my kindergartner though, and we still have it. You cut a hole for the thumb and a hole for the two or three fingers to hold the pencil, and then the rest of their fingers are in the sock. Helps them get the grasp right.

Oh heck yes. Inside out stuff stays inside out unless I'm feeling in a particularly good mood. I'm doing laundry for 5 people, it already takes too long.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    So, my 15 year old son and I are trying to adopt Intermittent Fasting as our way of eating, and I totally cheated today.....not proud....don't want to lie to him but just last night he gave me a hug and told me he was proud of me for sticking to it for this long (two weeks so far)....

Own up. Seriously. Surely he will 'forgive' you and appreciate your honesty while also strengthening your weight loss bond. AND it will give you the fuel to resist the next temptation. Maybe next time he will be the one to confess simply because you did first. (We all eventually cheat on our diet to some degree, planned or unplanned, it's ok. Pick up and move on)
  • BZAH10
    Options

I don't mind laundry. But I HATE folding socks. They will sit in a laundry basket for YEARS and everyone will have to hunt through for a matching pair.

I don't fold socks at all. I will give everyone their own socks in their laundry pile, but if they want to match them, that is on them. I also don't care if they just throw them all in a drawer and dig through in the morning. I have a relaxed attitude about this lol.

I'm the same way. If underwear was put into the hamper inside out, then that's the way you're getting it back. If your socks are all rolled up into balls, then you get a semi-clean wet ball back. No one turns my stuff right-side out, so don't expect me to do it! (this applied when the kids were home, although almost every pair of clean underwear that I fold for my husband is inside-out) It's up to him whether he wants to wear them that way.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I've currently got my dryer running yet again because I didn't get the clothes out the first time. Whoops. That's what happens when you get distracted easily. On that note, I just faxed in the paperwork to update my info at the doctors office I want to go to. I need medication, there's no getting around it. Hubby did say once my ADD issues get figured out, we will start looking at trying for baby #2! That is, if Aunt Flo will stop trolling me. I've gotta get that checked out too, day 7 of nothing. :unamused:
  • BZAH10
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Loading it I don't mind because it gets the dirty dishes out of my sight. It's always the unloading I dread. I have no idea why. I've timed it before and because I have a small kitchen it takes 5 min. to do.

I hate unloading because my glasses & cups seem to have a recess and every time I open it to empty, the .5oz of water left in the recesses splash and gets everything else wet and it's rinse water but not spotless water. Meh. Beats manually washing though!

You and I are on the same "wave length" today because that's what I was going to say about unloading the dishwasher, too! I detest when I take a glass out to put it away and it spills water all over my feet, generally because I'm barefoot at home a lot and then I have to wipe up the floor. Then I see how dirty my floor is and wonder who is going to clean it and when? Then I get annoyed.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Worse laundry mishap is when you forget to take stuff out of the washer in time but still think it will be ok and dry it with that terrible musty smell still in the clothes.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I've currently got my dryer running yet again because I didn't get the clothes out the first time. Whoops. That's what happens when you get distracted easily. On that note, I just faxed in the paperwork to update my info at the doctors office I want to go to. I need medication, there's no getting around it. Hubby did say once my ADD issues get figured out, we will start looking at trying for baby #2! That is, if Aunt Flo will stop trolling me. I've gotta get that checked out too, day 7 of nothing. :unamused:
    Exciting! Maybe nature's got you covered already...? Time to take a test!
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ttcbelieve wrote: »
    i get pint of ice cream, take half a cup and immediately put water in the remaining ice cream jar to make sure I don't have more. PS...yes I tried throwing it in the garbage but technically if the lid is still on, you can take it out and have some more ;-)

Could you purchase the tiny single serve cups? Even Ben & Jerry's has some of their flavors in those!

Here (Saudi Arabia) the tiny single serving cups only have vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and cookies 'n cream in my favorite ice cream brand. :-/ All of the really good flavors only come in the 500mL and up containers! I hate that! >.<

Have you tried pre-portioning the ice cream? I know it might not help a huge amount as it would still be edible but I know if I dont portion something out (wether its ice cream, crisps, popcorn etc) I'll just end up demolishing the entire thing haha.

ETA;
    LH85DC wrote: »
    I bought a skirt and some pants at Old Navy on Saturday and they were in the wash yesterday, and I held the skirt up while I was putting clothes away yesterday and my first reaction was that it must have shrunk because there is no way I can fit in that. I tried it on and it fit well, it's even a little loose... It's a S. I've been this weight for a year now and I still think of myself as fat.

I both love and hate that feeling!! Every time I go to put on my workout tight-style leggings, I look at them and think "OMG, I must have shrunk them." And then I'm amazed when they fit. It's great that they fit (no complaints there!) but I wish my brain would catch up with my body!

I cant wait for this feeling, I have a bit of the opposite, I'm only down 8lbs, but as I seem to have lost it all around my stomach/hips area, the denim shorts I've been wearing a lot at the moment (that were 'comfortable' fit before but a bit tight on my stomach) are now really loose. Still cant quite believe I've lost enough for that yet, I'm so sure I've stretched them somehow haha
  • BZAH10
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my frustration recently at trying to keep up with this thread is whenever I click on this thread it takes me to the last post instead of where I left off. Then I have to page back. Then I miss posts. Then I'm behind anyway.

In light of that, I'm probably the only person that is actually happy when @Francl27 double (or triple) posts because that's one less post I have to catch up on!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession.... I am experts at loading the dishwasher. To the point of a fault, where I spend almost too much time making things fit. Not by shoehorning them in or anything... It's like a game of Tetris to me. And it keeps me from getting dishpan hands #Palmolive LOL

Also, this weekend I ate 2 Jersey Mikes subs. #13 Italian on wheat, Saturday was a Giant 15" and Sunday was a Reg 7". I also ate a row of 7 glazed donuts on clearance for $.79 from Walmart Neighborhood Market on Sunday.

Also Also, my daughter had a perfect attendance for the first time in school this year and I keep almost slipping up by telling my co-workers. I can't tell them because on 2-3 occasions over the current school year, I called out of work because I said my daughter was sick. LOLOL

I had the best daycare when my oldest child was a baby. If I asked them to, they would call my supervisor at whatever time I asked, and say I needed to come pick up my son because he was "sick". I'm sad that they closed because I don't know if anyone else would do that!

LMAO awesome!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Exciting! Maybe nature's got you covered already...? Time to take a test!

I'm thinking about it. It's highly unlikely since we use condoms and I don't remember any breaking recently. I may have hubby run to the dollar store soon.
  • BZAH10
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hahaha! This was my first double-post! See? I mention double-post and then it happens! Weird.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ok, so what would you all think about your husband/boyfriend/SO sexting coworkers.

I'm stuggling with my feelings right now. :(

Instant and automatic dealbreaker, in my book. That sort of behaviour falls under my definition of "cheating" and, cynic that I am, I view it as a sort of prelude to actual physical cheating.

I have issues with trust in that once it's been damaged, it would be so much work for me to rebuild that it's not worth the effort. Buh-bye.

Me too. About three years ago I was engaged, 10 months into the engagement found out he'd cheated- he apologized, he was sorry, biggest mistake..blah blah blah. It was a shock and it took me about 3 months to get my head on straight and realize he's a schmuck who can't keep it in his pants. Sorry if this is offensive to anyone.

Hugs to you @froggybug- only you know what is best for you and your personal relationship.

I'm sorry that happened to you but I'm glad you now know that's on him, not you... a person of honour and integrity does not cheat.

My last ex, I kinda knew the writing was on the wall when we had a sort of philosophical discussion about cheating in general and he voiced the opinion that "it's not all black and white, there are grey areas" and that sometimes cheating is "justified". So in the back of my mind the thought formed that maybe, someday, he'd feel "justified" in cheating on me.

I take the view that, in many cases of cheating, the opportunity presents first and THEN the justification is manufactured to support the desire. But I'm black and white like that. ;)

I am sorry there is no grey area in cheating. I would be gone. End of story. If he is thinking about it eventually he will do it. Sexting is just the start. It will be painful of course but staying and never trusting him will poison your soul.

Edited as oops I apparently had a bunch of other stuff in there!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options

Please come to my house. I would rather restart the dryer 100 times than fold what's in there.

Uh-huh. I love when I open the dryer and the clothes are still damp because it means I can just restart it!

I don't mind laundry. I am actually very proficient with an iron and can of spray starch but I've pushed back the timer a few times when the clothes were dry but I didn't want to deal with them yet, nor did I want wrinkles by the time I actually did.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure my frustration recently at trying to keep up with this thread is whenever I click on this thread it takes me to the last post instead of where I left off. Then I have to page back. Then I miss posts. Then I'm behind anyway.

In light of that, I'm probably the only person that is actually happy when @Francl27 double (or triple) posts because that's one less post I have to catch up on!
    Can't help laughing at this double post!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Will it make you jealous if I tell you that I have a fully automated washer that will wash, spin, and then dry the clothes, all in one machine? o:)

Editing to add: Speaking of household chores that I can't stand... I hate, hate, HATE ironing.