Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I made my co-workers go with me to the Whole Foods down the street from my work on our lunch break to look for a specific kind of ice cream (Halo Top), which they didn't have, even though other Whole Foods' carry it. My co-workers were trying to be helpful in suggesting other kinds of ice cream, but totally missed the point of this specific ice cream in the first place, which made me unreasonably internally pouty and now I feel bad. (The ice cream I was looking for has 70 calories per serving, 7 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs, and 3 grams of fat. Ben and Jerry's isn't going to cut it, no matter how delicious it is :disappointed: )

Also, they kind of think I'm a nut, now, for caring that much about a brand of ice cream.

I can completely relate to that, apart from the fact that I would have to be very comfortable with someone to drag them to a store for a specific treat, lol.

How is that ice cream, though? It kinda sounds too good to be true.

Everyone and their mother in another group I belong to (/r/xxfitness and the associated Facebook group) RAVES about it (specifically the Lemon Cake kind), so I thought it would be worthwhile to at least TRY it. I thought I'd buy it at work, because there are a bunch of fitness-minded people here who would help me devour it if I didn't like it. Alas, the store nearest me did not have it. I don't like artificially sweetened things, but when they're sweetened with sugar alcohols as opposed to aspartame I don't mind them as much, and if it's frozen it's even harder to taste the "fakeness" of it, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I'm going to see where else I can get it, and report back.

Now I will DEFINITELY have to find it. I LOVE lemon cake. I wonder if it's like sorbet more than ice cream? I'm a little worried about the sugar alcohols though. The last time I ate something with sugar alcohols, I had to change my address to the third stall in office bathroom. :neutral:

this made me chuckle :smiley:
  • WhatLouAte
    WhatLouAte Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole pint of Ben & Jerrys and only logged half and planned to log the other half the next day..I didn't.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Sounds like you're a naturally strong person, so you probably don't need it. I do. I'm quite the weakling. Well, physically anyway. Mentally, no. Mentally I'm known as the Boot Camp Drill Sargent in my family. Physically, well??? Let's just say that sometimes going in and out of the grocery store I step onto the automatic door thingy and the door doesn't open. Thankfully, I learned from "Toy Story" to jump up and down once or twice and the door opens. My son finds this highly amusing and will lag behind me just to watch it happen.

See and I can picture that and it's awesome. haha

Awesomely embarrassing, yes!

I don't jump up and down, but sometimes I have to cha cha back and forth to catch the sensor. We'd be a blast trying to get into the store together.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    The stepdaughter did come by last night. She emptied the litter box and I assume fed/watered her cat. She was in the living room (with a friend she brought over without telling us) my husband and daughter. They were all chatting when I walked in. I said zero words to her, put away the groceries, and went to take a shower since I had just worked out.

Apparently, she told my husband and daughter that she was going to drop off her friend and come back. I don't feel I need to tell you this didn't happen.

My husband finally broke down last night and said "I don't know why she doesn't want to live with us." It was heartbreaking and I want to spank her for being such a little jerk to her dad.

Thank you for allowing me to vent incessantly about this on here. I really appreciate it.

How awful. That is really hurtful. Will he ask her why she is being this way, or is he more the type to just keep his feelings to himself? I feel like sometimes young adults and older teens don't realize how selfish they are being and a wake up call can help. I'm not sure if it would help in this situation though, but your husband may feel better if he at least tries to talk to her about what she is doing. That sucks.

He told me last night he was going to talk to her about how he feels. I really hope he does. I asked him why he's not upset that she's disrespecting him, and he said he is sad that she doesn't want to spend time with us. I think he's too sad to feel angry. He also told me that he's just happy he has any type of relationship with her even if it's not much of one.

The one thing that really set me off last night was he told me that she told them she's been sleeping on her mom's couch without cushions for the past 2+ weeks. This pissed me to the nth degree because she has her own bedroom with a queen size pillow top mattress at our house, yet she'd rather sleep on a cushionless couch.

Holy bed batman! I'd be there in a heartbeat, I didn't get my first "big girl bed" (aka anything besides a twin bed) until I was 24!! Totes jealous! Yes I said totes :)

I slept on the bottom bunk of a bunk bed until I was 20 when I got married and moved out. Then, I slept on a God awful futon for several months until I finally had enough and bought the queen. She's damn lucky and she just doesn't even appreciate it.

Ask her, point blank, why she's at your house. Make her put it into words, and if her answer doesn't match her actions, point that out to her and ask her why. If you or your husband just do the talking, it'll go in one ear and out the other. Require her to be active in the conversation.

I like that idea. Make her responsible and conscious of her behavior.
    There is something that I feel like I'm missing. I am not in the mental health field and it took me until 42 years old to recognize and counter passive aggressive behavior. So after saying that I'm not necessarily good at spotting stuff I feel that there is something going on beyond what you see. I'm not condoning her behavior, just trying to understand the root cause of it.

Brainstorming:
    (1) She does not feel comfortable emotionally to be at your house - maybe she feels she does not deserve a safe, calm place and does not know how to act. Maybe it is more "comfortable" for her to sleep on that cushion-less sofa than to face a new/unknown place.
    (2) Do you or your husband really know what stepdaughter has been told about her father, about you? It could be pretty skewed and even if she now knows it that past "information" could be coloring her judgement.
    (3) Didn't she just lose a pregnancy? and a boyfriend ? She might be absolutely devastated deep inside and have no way to process and work through it if she has not be taught any healthy coping mechanisms.

I think you and your husband choose a course. Husband would be the best to say something along these lines. (Or a variation that works for both of you.)
    I love you. I want you to be part of my life. I welcome you to live in our house. However there are boundaries and responsibility in this house. If you live here you must check in, daily, and preferably come home daily, so we don't worry about you. You must care for your cat. You must treat all members of this household with respect as you will also be treated with respect. I love you and want you here. We want to spend time with you. You have to decide what you want. You have 24 hours to decide to live here or not. In the meantime, until you make your decision you need to give me your key. Living here does come with a few basic rules (or whatever word you chose). We hope you join us.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Confession.... I am experts at loading the dishwasher. To the point of a fault, where I spend almost too much time making things fit. Not by shoehorning them in or anything... It's like a game of Tetris to me. And it keeps me from getting dishpan hands #Palmolive LOL

Also, this weekend I ate 2 Jersey Mikes subs. #13 Italian on wheat, Saturday was a Giant 15" and Sunday was a Reg 7". I also ate a row of 7 glazed donuts on clearance for $.79 from Walmart Neighborhood Market on Sunday.

Also Also, my daughter had a perfect attendance for the first time in school this year and I keep almost slipping up by telling my co-workers. I can't tell them because on 2-3 occasions over the current school year, I called out of work because I said my daughter was sick. LOLOL
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    Confession - I'm completely procrastinating on filling the dishwasher.

The wife and I both hate doing that, we will use every dish in the house before loading it. If I had unlimited funds the first thing I would do is hire someone to load the dishwasher.

I would hire someone to do my laundry. I hate doing laundry. I FULLY REALIZE it just involves sticking a bunch of clothes into a stupid machine, and then sticking them into another stupid machine. Doesn't matter. Still hate doing laundry.

People think I am weird but I love doing laundry . Pulling it out of the dryer when it smells good. Folding it into neat little piles then hanging it all up in the closet . Just makes me happy..

Please come to my house. I would rather restart the dryer 100 times than fold what's in there.
  • pykx
    pykx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I have also done this. There was a period of time where I did this almost every day. I went through an entire canister of instant hot chocolate this way.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    I bought a skirt and some pants at Old Navy on Saturday and they were in the wash yesterday, and I held the skirt up while I was putting clothes away yesterday and my first reaction was that it must have shrunk because there is no way I can fit in that. I tried it on and it fit well, it's even a little loose... It's a S. I've been this weight for a year now and I still think of myself as fat.

I both love and hate that feeling!! Every time I go to put on my workout tight-style leggings, I look at them and think "OMG, I must have shrunk them." And then I'm amazed when they fit. It's great that they fit (no complaints there!) but I wish my brain would catch up with my body!
    Same. I am a lot better about it than I was when I first noticed significant weightloss.

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

The wife and I both hate doing that, we will use every dish in the house before loading it. If I had unlimited funds the first thing I would do is hire someone to load the dishwasher.

Loading it I don't mind because it gets the dirty dishes out of my sight. It's always the unloading I dread. I have no idea why. I've timed it before and because I have a small kitchen it takes 5 min. to do.

Same here. If somebody else unloads, I'll load it every time. I HATE unloading.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole pint of Ben & Jerrys and only logged half and planned to log the other half the next day..I didn't.

Mmmmm, what flavor? :p
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I would hire someone to do my laundry. I hate doing laundry. I FULLY REALIZE it just involves sticking a bunch of clothes into a stupid machine, and then sticking them into another stupid machine. Doesn't matter. Still hate doing laundry.

People think I am weird but I love doing laundry . Pulling it out of the dryer when it smells good. Folding it into neat little piles then hanging it all up in the closet . Just makes me happy..

I'm also a laundry lover. I get irritated if anybody else uses MY laundry machines. Just leave them alone and let me have this one thing.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Sounds like you're a naturally strong person, so you probably don't need it. I do. I'm quite the weakling. Well, physically anyway. Mentally, no. Mentally I'm known as the Boot Camp Drill Sargent in my family. Physically, well??? Let's just say that sometimes going in and out of the grocery store I step onto the automatic door thingy and the door doesn't open. Thankfully, I learned from "Toy Story" to jump up and down once or twice and the door opens. My son finds this highly amusing and will lag behind me just to watch it happen.

I don't jump up and down, but sometimes I have to cha cha back and forth to catch the sensor. We'd be a blast trying to get into the store together.

I can join your little group. I was following someone into a store one day and the door almost closed on me. Scared the crap outta me and I probably looked funny jumping out of the way. Maybe all three of us could get it to work lol.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I don’t know what my goal weight should be. I’m 5’9 and currently weigh 221. (That’s a big step since I’ve never admitted that to anyone!) I had the goal set at 200, but didn’t feel like that was low enough. It’s now set at 190, but now I don’t feel like that is low enough either. I weighed 180 the year before my son was born and felt awesome. I weighed 160 when I graduated from high school (and thought I was fat). I know I’ll probably find a weight where I feel comfortable and don’t have to kill myself in the gym every day. I understand all the numbers. Just not sure if I can get back to the 160s mainly because I don’t know if I have the dedication. Looking for some advice from some of you. That seems like a lot of numbers and rambling.

I'm 5'9" and currently 134. I was originally looking to get down to 135, but I'm now looking to pack on some weight again in the form of muscle. Not sure if I want to do that in the form of a bulk or a recomp. I'd be happy to send you some progress photos, if that would help you.

My biggest regret is not weight training more consistently in my weight loss, if I'm being honest.

Eventually, once goals are close to being met or have already passed, this is what it will come down to. If you want to be skinny as a rail, fine. Diet and cardio all day, every day. But unless you are naturally blessed, if you want a fitness magazine cover body, you HAVE to do some strength training.
    Serious question here: What if you don't want that? I'm 47 - the only people who see me naked is my husband and my dog (she judges me - she recently lost 15% of her bodyweight and is smug about it). I live in a climate where I'm covered up a lot of the time. All I really want is to look ok in my clothes. I feel like MFP is often all about lifting weights, and I'm just not interested in doing that.

I agree with all of this. I feel like there's a lot of pressure from a lot of people to jump on the weight lifting bandwagon for aesthetic reasons, and a lot of people throw out "LIFT HEAVY" as the be all and end all of exercise without considering other people's interest/disinterest/goals/physical limitations/aspirations/time/what have you.

This morning there was a thread started by a person who was depressed because they weighed in at 501 pounds, and one of the first suggestions was that they start squatting and deadlifting. Seriously? SMDH. I get the feeling that people don't read the original post, they just respond with an automatic blurb.

On the other hand, weight lifting (OR resistance training, and THAT IS THE KEY!) is great for reasons aside from aesthetics... it strengthens bones and bone density, aids in living independently into old age, etc. It doesn't mean that you have to squat 300 lbs and bench press 1000, or look like Arnold, or stand in front of the mirror kissing your muscles and taking selfies. I just believe that an exercise routine should be balanced like an "eating routine" (don'twanttosaydiet) should be balanced.

sorry if this came across as judge-y *hangs head in shame and slinks off*

THIS (bold) is why I took up lifting.

And because it's easy. "Easy" in that it doesn't require grace or coordination or skill or athletic ability, all of which I lack. Just a basic awareness of your own body mechanics and the willingness to press on, even on those days when it feels like you've been run over by a truck (lorry for you Brits) and then thrown down a flight of stairs. At least that was my experience anyway... yoga bores me to tears, I can't do aerobics or zumba to save my life, never played sports, but I can pick up a barbell repeatedly. Hey, whaddya know, I'm good at something.

This weekend I walked around a garden center with a big spirea, two rhododendrons and a rose bush in my arms (it was a feat of balance as much as strength). Carried them to my car and put them in the trunk. I want to be able to do that 20 years from now, not be the frail little old lady waiting for the nice young man to help with the carryout.

Aesthetically, I've discovered that I like seeing muscles. Visible proof of all the work I've done. It keeps me motivated. I'm one of the ones who looked pretty good in clothes, but I wasn't too happy with the naked body that menopause has given me. I'm also learning my limitations -- there are some saggy bits that no amount of weightlifting is going to change.

I've seen it posted around these parts before but the key to "fitness" is to find an activity that you love and are going to stick with -- which isn't necessarily going to be the activity that someone else loves.

You, I like. You can stay in this thread ;)

I try Yoga. I love the stretching part but I can't get my Downward Dog to bend at all and I end up doing what I like to call the Flopping Fish instead. I like Zumba but I kina look like a deranged zebra. Walking fast and lifting weights is what I like more. I can do it, I don't need to be coordinated, it feels good to make my body move.

Lol. Good thing, I'm addicted to this thread and you wouldn't get rid of me anyway >:) Even having to catch up on 230 new posts at the end of the day yesterday didn't deter me.

I walk too. :) But if I look at the scenery too much or don't pay attention to where I'm putting my feet, I've been known to lurch and stumble. I'm THAT uncoordinated.

I think I've read all the posts but haven't been able to reply... welcome back @ShibaEars... congrats to all who have lost weight or reached goal... @Italian_Buju loving the pics of Little Rodent Boy's sweet little furry face (I've had to backtrack to see them, they don't show at work).

Not having kids, I've never seen Frozen or Finding Nemo or SpongeBob or any of those. I can probably identify the characters, however, solely from seeing the merchandise prominently displayed in stores.

I highly suggest you watch this! If no other "kid's" movie ever, watch Finding Nemo.

YASSS! :) Agree love, love, love this movie!
    Thirded. Also 'Up' (and yes, I did cry within the first 5 minutes!)

Ooooh, yeah, Up is a great one! I also bawled like an infant in the first 5 minutes.

I cry every. damned. time. It doesn't matter how many times I see it. Every. time. My son just likes the scenes with the balloons.

ETA: Just at the beginning, to be clear. I only cry at the beginning. And maybe at the end, a little bit.

I thought the introduction of Kevin was the best part. Soooo much funny there.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

I don't like laundry either. Throwing it in the washer is no problem, but most of my clothes are hung to dry which is a pain.

Laundry I don't mind doing, but I bring it to work with me to do. Side benefit of working in athletics at a university is using the washer/dryer here I can do the equivalent of 6 loads washed/dried in 1 hour.

You can swing by and get my laundry any time! (eta: that sounds vaguely sexual and I promise you it's not! I apologize!)

I specifically only buy clothes that can be washed and dried. Nothing that needs any sort of special care. Last time I bought a sweater that needed to be hung to dry, my husband accidentally shrunk it in the dryer. I brought it to work without trying it on first after it had been washed (I wear workout clothes for my commute), changed into it and realized it had been turned into a crop top.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I'm also a laundry lover. I get irritated if anybody else uses MY laundry machines. Just leave them alone and let me have this one thing.

I don't mind laundry. But I HATE folding socks. They will sit in a laundry basket for YEARS and everyone will have to hunt through for a matching pair.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Confession.... I am experts at loading the dishwasher. To the point of a fault, where I spend almost too much time making things fit. Not by shoehorning them in or anything... It's like a game of Tetris to me. And it keeps me from getting dishpan hands #Palmolive LOL

Also, this weekend I ate 2 Jersey Mikes subs. #13 Italian on wheat, Saturday was a Giant 15" and Sunday was a Reg 7". I also ate a row of 7 glazed donuts on clearance for $.79 from Walmart Neighborhood Market on Sunday.

Also Also, my daughter had a perfect attendance for the first time in school this year and I keep almost slipping up by telling my co-workers. I can't tell them because on 2-3 occasions over the current school year, I called out of work because I said my daughter was sick. LOLOL

I would totally do this if I had kids.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I thi
    ShibaEars wrote: »

I can join your little group. I was following someone into a store one day and the door almost closed on me. Scared the crap outta me and I probably looked funny jumping out of the way. Maybe all three of us could get it to work lol.

I think I don't move the way the sensor is set to sense. I've done a number of moves to get noticed by the doors.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Oh, and what do the cool moms and kiddos do on Sunday morning? Matching Frozen color manicures of course! (Proud mommy moment, a few months ago just the idea of something touching her hands made her panic, now she loves having her nails painted! Small victories over Sensory Processing Disorder!)
    3r3ommj4l2xq.jpg
    :)
    Aww, how adorable!

Whoo for the small victory:).

My two year old niece is obsessed with Frozen! Her brother the one day asked if she was a boy or a girl & she said no to both & he asked what she was. Her answer...Elsa hahaha.

Haha! That sounds like my daughter too! All Frozen, all the time. If it's not playing on some DVD player in my house on loop, she's still running around singing "Let it Go" and proclaiming herself to be Elsa. I've tried to use that to my advantage with the potty training endeavors, but still no luck...

Potty training at our house too! Does your little one go to daycare or are you a SAHM? Ours goes to daycare and she did pretty well this weekend. Only one accident yesterday, but we put a diaper on when she sleeps.

I'm a SAHM. She knows how everything works, what to do, and how to do it. The thing is, she won't do it. We bought panties and the waterproof ones to cover those, just so I'm not spending all day mopping up puddles of pee when she has accidents. She tries, but she tries after she pees or poops herself. The big goal is to have her potty trained before she starts 3K in September. Add in her sensory challenges and anxiety issues, and I have a feeling we're going to be at it awhile.

Potty training was a nightmare in my house. My son still pooped his pants regularly at 4.5. I had to take him to a therapist, but thankfully it helped. Now he's almost 7.5 and he still won't wipe half the time and still pees his bed once a week (and won't tell me, of course, until it's bedtime and the bed reeks and I have a lot of laundry to do the next day. Then he sleeps on the floor).

His sister still has poop in her underwear every single day. And I still have to remind them to wipe their hands (plus side - I never even consider eating their leftovers. *barf*).

Kids are just SO gross.

We were hoping potty training would be easier for her, because pooping is a challenge in and of itself. The sensation of actually pooping sends her into a complete meltdown, and she has a terrible habit of holding and holding until she's so constipated it makes her sick and we have to give her enemas to make her poop. That's even with giving her a tablespoon of miralax every day by her doctor's recommendation. I seriously hate SPD, not just for that, but for countless other reasons. It's taken so much from her and kept her from so many things already, and it pisses me off! I can't tell you how many nights and times I've spent in tears over it and seeing her struggle every day with it. The worst part is, it's not even recognized that much, I've actually had to explain to a doctor what SPD is because they looked at me like an idiot when I mentioned she had it. I can't tell you how many times I get asked if I'm not sure she's autistic, when she's been tested multiple times and they've said she doesn't meet the criteria for that diagnosis. So far, she's been diagnosed with SPD, anxiety, and "pervasive developmental disorder-non otherwise specified", and already shows signs of possible ADHD. My heart breaks for her, seeing how she struggles so much, but I try to be thankful, because I know it could be so much worse, but there's still times where I just want to scream and cry and yell about how it's so unfair to her! :cry:
    Ok, ending my rant now.

Sounds really difficult for both of you, but she is very lucky to have such a caring mom. I know there are some days I have trouble dealing with sensory overload. It is so hard to imagine what it would be like for a child with a sensory disorder. Please feel free to rant when needed. You need a safe place, too :).

Aww, thank you! I don't talk about it much, because the family likes to act like she doesn't have anything wrong and we exaggerate her issues and make excuses for her being a brat. Yeah, I'm pretty sure all those trips to therapy, all the doctor appointments, and all the meltdowns and judgmental stares are all because we're feeding off drama and attention. :unamused: It can be hard, but I try to remind myself of how far she has come and the progress she's made. :)
    I really feel for you on this. My oldest son was extremely hard work at that age. All my family were sympathetic but still thought he'd 'grow out of it'. I remember telling my mum that I would cut off my right arm if it would just make everything easy for him. I was being 100% totally honest, and I still feel like this, despite him now being 18m and with all that he's achieved. She got really angry with me, and that's when I knew that although she loved us all, she would never understand.
    Hugs to you.

That's what I get all the time. "She'll outgrow it", "she's just being a brat", and my favorite "bust her *kitten* more and she'll quit that"; we've actually been told "if you'd give her a bath more often she wouldn't freak out like that". I guess giving her a shower daily isn't often enough? :unamused: I try to just ignore it, but it still really gets to me.
    Yeah. You almost wish a special needs child on some people, to see if they'd finally get it.

The bad part is, some of the ones saying that have a kid with, get this, THE SAME DISORDER! I'm not kidding.
    :#
    Well, it will be interesting to see all the kids when they are grown up and to see how the whooping worked vs. the therapies. Please know that the time and energy you invest now will be SO worth it in the long run. Also, know that she probably won't thank you!

Thank you! I try to ignore them as much as I can, especially when they "advise" me against having another child because we'll "*kitten* her up" if we do. *insert eye roll and facepalm* I know she'll hate me one day, and I'll irritate her and piss her off, but right now, I soak in every hug, kiss, and "I wuv you Mommy" she gives me! :)

Sorry I'm way behind but I can't believe that people say that to you!! I'm so angry right now. You sound like an amazing mom. I think we have daughters around the same age. Mine will be 3 in September.

Thank you! And yes, pretty close, my daughter just turned 3 May 25th actually lol. I try to do my best, since I didn't really have that great of a childhood nor raised that well myself. I try to look at my raising and childhood and try to do the opposite of what I had. I love my parents, don't get me wrong, but I went through a lot of crap from them. I always said I didn't want my kid(s) to be screwed up like me.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

I had the best daycare when my oldest child was a baby. If I asked them to, they would call my supervisor at whatever time I asked, and say I needed to come pick up my son because he was "sick". I'm sad that they closed because I don't know if anyone else would do that!

• 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I made my co-workers go with me to the Whole Foods down the street from my work on our lunch break to look for a specific kind of ice cream (Halo Top), which they didn't have, even though other Whole Foods' carry it. My co-workers were trying to be helpful in suggesting other kinds of ice cream, but totally missed the point of this specific ice cream in the first place, which made me unreasonably internally pouty and now I feel bad. (The ice cream I was looking for has 70 calories per serving, 7 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs, and 3 grams of fat. Ben and Jerry's isn't going to cut it, no matter how delicious it is :disappointed: )

Also, they kind of think I'm a nut, now, for caring that much about a brand of ice cream.

I can completely relate to that, apart from the fact that I would have to be very comfortable with someone to drag them to a store for a specific treat, lol.

How is that ice cream, though? It kinda sounds too good to be true.

Everyone and their mother in another group I belong to (/r/xxfitness and the associated Facebook group) RAVES about it (specifically the Lemon Cake kind), so I thought it would be worthwhile to at least TRY it. I thought I'd buy it at work, because there are a bunch of fitness-minded people here who would help me devour it if I didn't like it. Alas, the store nearest me did not have it. I don't like artificially sweetened things, but when they're sweetened with sugar alcohols as opposed to aspartame I don't mind them as much, and if it's frozen it's even harder to taste the "fakeness" of it, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I'm going to see where else I can get it, and report back.

Now I will DEFINITELY have to find it. I LOVE lemon cake. I wonder if it's like sorbet more than ice cream? I'm a little worried about the sugar alcohols though. The last time I ate something with sugar alcohols, I had to change my address to the third stall in office bathroom. :neutral:

Maaaaaybe start with a few spoonfuls of it at first to see how it goes? Like those people eating entire packages of those sugar free gummy bears?