Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I'm way behind (of course).
    It's been the most traumatic day. I've mentioned here before about being a full time carer for my Grandma who suffers with dementia.
    I can't help thinking somehow that this is my fault and I should have been watching her (I was in my bedroom getting dressed) even though she is always steady on her feet and hasn't had a problem with stairs at least recently anyway. If she doesn't recover from this I don't think I'll be able to forgive myself.

I'm sorry to hear about this. I hope everything is okay. It isn't your fault. You can't always be everywhere.

KylerJaye wrote: »
    you are awesome, pls don't let sh!tty co-workers make you feel different

Thank you! Same to you!
    Oh, it worked.....this is my little rodent boy, all snuggled into me while watching a movie a few weeks ago....
    Thank you all for the kind words, it has been a long hard day......

:( More hugs to you. I'm super sorry for the loss...
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've done quite well today. I went over my calorie goal by 100 calories, but rather than throwing in the towel (I have a serious problem with an all-or-nothing attitude, and yes, just 100 calories can set it off, which is one of my worst issues when it comes to my weight), I told myself that it was fine and reminded myself several times that I was under maintenance for the day and didn't need to feel bad or guilty about it, especially since I was so hungry. :-/

Later in the day, I felt motivated to exercise (not to take my calories back into the green, I actually FELT like doing it! Score!) and I did 45 minutes on my stationary bike... And then another 20 minutes several hours later. Go me! :)

Second confession: It's past midnight and I'm making an iced caramel coffee mock "milkshake" (I use a bit of instant Jell-O pudding mix to thicken it, then crush in some ice) with my earned exercise calories. o:)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Guilty Muslim confession: In addition (of course) to the religious benefits of fasting, I'm REALLY hoping that my fasting will help me regulate my appetite (since I've started a nibble-all-day fest recently that isn't serving me too well...) and learn to deal better with my recent elevated hunger levels. Not a very religious intention, is it. :o
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I confess that tonight I am irritated that my daughter's sister is coming here asking me for food (again), after spending all her (and her boyfriends) money on a dog they had for a week and had no business having at all.

On top of that, she just found out she is pregnant, and nobody except her and the boyfriend are happy about it. My daughter and I are both mortified....

She is 22, lives in a motel room, on assistance, and has a trustee to handle her money as she cannot even do that herself.....her boyfriend works full time at a fast food joint, and the second they get any money they are out blowing it. They do not have a pot to piss in, and now are gonna have a baby....

She is mentally slow, her mentality is that of about a 13 year old.....God help that baby, and everyone else that is gonna be affected by it.....

I'm really sorry you have to deal with this. It's almost exactly the same with my sister. I am dreading her new baby being born in October. I fully expect to be caring for it by Christmas

:(
    Are social services involved in both of these situations?

yes, social services are involved, particularly as they applied for the court order to remove her first child (Charlie) from her and place him with my mum and i. I just can't fathom the idea of caring for another baby right now.
    I don't blame you - especially when it's not your choice or your child :/ If you do opt to take it on, what kind of supports are there?

From the state? pretty much nothing. We've heard nothing from social services about Charlie in over a year. Which is fine from our perspective, everything is fine. My parents receive a very small allowance each week, which is far less than non-family foster carers get. We'd get the same for a second child. It makes me laugh that the fact we're family makes the state think we don't need as much financial support. Yet, if we take on the other baby, my mum would have to give up work for the first year or so, because childcare costs would make it pointless. We all work for ourselves, so if we don't work, we don't earn.

Of course, there is my dad, who dotes on Charlie and does so much with/for him, and Charlie adores him, and my partners who come and help with Charlie on weekends, and support me. They also adore Charlie (he's an adorable child!)
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Guilty Muslim confession: In addition (of course) to the religious benefits of fasting, I'm REALLY hoping that my fasting will help me regulate my appetite (since I've started a nibble-all-day fest recently that isn't serving me too well...) and learn to deal better with my recent elevated hunger levels. Not a very religious intention, is it. :o

Of course it is, it will help you to be the best you that you can be. Perhaps that is something to contemplate during that time? Less time spent stressing over food/hunger/guilt, will give you more time to do the things you need to do to be a better muslim?
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I'm calling today a wash, I'm starving and making hot dogs for dinner (hubby's request), so I just quick added 1100 calories for dinner and called it a day. :flushed:
  • Gulen28
    Gulen28 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Feeling weak since I started cutting calories so today I'm eating waaay over my calories trying to feel normal.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm calling today a wash, I'm starving and making hot dogs for dinner (hubby's request), so I just quick added 1100 calories for dinner and called it a day. :flushed:

those are some big hot dogs.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    eMka11 wrote: »
    I have been away for 9 days...110 pages to catch up :o

Welcome back.
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok folks! I wasn't going to look at this thread again until tonight but I had to jump on to share my excitement. After months of getting close and then jumping up I am officially at goal weight today! Actually .4 below. 210+ days later and 31 lbs. Yay!!!!!

Yay congrats!
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I confess that I about died Monday when I saw that Faith No More had just booked a show at Red Rocks in September...Got my tickets on Wednesday - 25th row! (sold out this morning.)

I'm glad you got tickets before they sold out. It should be an awesome show!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    I'm an introvert but I choose the first stall because at my work it is also against the wall. So only one person can be next to me and I'm not surrounded. ¬_¬

Awesome. I like that reason. I'll have to remember that.
    Want to say finally caught up! My total weight loss so far is 34 pounds! My two year old weighs 32 pounds. I keep thinking I lost a Hannah worth of weight and it's cool to realize why it was so hard for me to get off the couch 34 pounds ago! Feeling good today!

Congrats. That's a fun way of thinking about it.
    Why do I not feel the full signals? Why do I keep eating? Why do I undo all my hard work?

I have sat and eaten an entire vienetta, in less than 20 minutes. And I didn't even enjoy it that much, crappie chocolate flavouring. Also, the 8 or 10 caramel crispy bites I inhaled.

I suck and I'm never going to lose weight or climb mountains if I carry on like this

You don't suck. Just keep trying. You can do it! Everyone has bad days.

Happy Birthday to those who had birthdays and anyone else who lost weight. :) Sorry I'm trying to hurry and catch up.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Oh, and what do the cool moms and kiddos do on Sunday morning? Matching Frozen color manicures of course! (Proud mommy moment, a few months ago just the idea of something touching her hands made her panic, now she loves having her nails painted! Small victories over Sensory Processing Disorder!)
    3r3ommj4l2xq.jpg

Aww, how adorable!

Whoo for the small victory:).

My two year old niece is obsessed with Frozen! Her brother the one day asked if she was a boy or a girl & she said no to both & he asked what she was. Her answer...Elsa hahaha.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Of course it is, it will help you to be the best you that you can be. Perhaps that is something to contemplate during that time? Less time spent stressing over food/hunger/guilt, will give you more time to do the things you need to do to be a better muslim?

I hope so, since that's kind of the idea! No wondering about my next meal/snack or obsessing over food is one of the nice parts about Ramadan, and I'll definitely be trying to perfect my worship as much as I can.

Another bonus is that, unlike many families, I avoid making a big show or a super-fancy meal for iftar; so I won't be obsessing over the umpteen courses and desserts I have to cook and prepare... ;) It actually goes against the teachings of Islam and the principle of Ramadan in general to be so frivolous and wasteful (tons of the food gets tossed because there's JUST SO MUCH of it. I hate that!), so I always keep it really simple. :)

Diet-wise, Ramadan is usually my best month, because I really don't bother to focus much on food... And it's kind of a relief, to be honest!
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Oh, and what do the cool moms and kiddos do on Sunday morning? Matching Frozen color manicures of course! (Proud mommy moment, a few months ago just the idea of something touching her hands made her panic, now she loves having her nails painted! Small victories over Sensory Processing Disorder!)
    3r3ommj4l2xq.jpg

Aww, how adorable!

Whoo for the small victory:).

My two year old niece is obsessed with Frozen! Her brother the one day asked if she was a boy or a girl & she said no to both & he asked what she was. Her answer...Elsa hahaha.

My 2 year old nephew loves frozen too, its one of his fvourite films, we have to watch it at least once every weekend.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I confess that I was getting sick of my hair since it felt dry & the longer length again was feeling hot since it's nearing Summer. After watching the sixth season premiere of Pretty Little Liars I asked my sister to cut my hair like Aria's new shorter hairstyle.

normal_3.jpg
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Wow, why would it be that much? Two regular sized frankfurters in buns with cheese only cost me around 600 calories, and I find it to be plenty of food. :o

Although, come to think of it, if I were starving I could easily put away 1000 calories of hotdogs...

Which leads me to the confession: I get jealous of people who go on and on about how they're so stuffed and sick and full of guilt because they ate like 3000 calories. When I'm in full-blown food monster mode, it's so easy to rack up 5000+ calories that it's not even funny. :'( 3000 calories would be so much easier to fix, deficit-wise!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul

Ok, I made a group! It's open to all for now. Let's see how that goes.

I can't figure out how to become a member of the group. I know I don't post much, but please don't leave me behind!

There should be a green "join this group" button under the group name and description (using Tubbs216's link). Just click that button and you're in!
    Sent you an invite. Anyone else who wants to join but can't figure out how, send me a PM. Otherwise, this is the link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul
    It's an open group so anyone can join. Not too much happening over there right now though!

I got it and joined. Thank you!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I don't think it's a bad thing to take away extra lessons from the experience. Self-knowledge is valuable. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »

Oh, I dunno. I sort of view my body as being one of the external manifestations of my spiritual state. Learning how to be more mindful toward my physical self, as I'm doing here on MFP, is simply part of the process of being in a better mental/physical/spiritual place overall. That's just speaking for myself, of course :)

Well, it does work that way in Islam, as well. We're told that our body has a right over us, so we have to take proper care of it and avoid harming it in any way. Overeating is also very discouraged. So you could say that it's a good intention, I think. Thank you for your input! :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I don't think it's a bad thing to take away extra lessons from the experience. Self-knowledge is valuable. :)

That is true. :) I do feel a little guilty for it though, since God rewards according to purity of intention--And that particular intention feels a little less than pure. :o But I don't think it's a bad thing, as long as it isn't my main focus/intention behind my fasting (which it definitely isn't, or I'd be fasting right now!). :)