Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ^^^ I agree- take it off and leave us be!! It's not our fault a lot of people lurking probably love it because we don't judge whatsoever.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I don't see it as stickied...
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    mantium999 wrote: »
    What value does this thread bring to General Diet and Weight Loss Help that warrants a sticky status? If page count is a factor, there are plenty of "who wants to see who naked" discussions in Chit Chat that are probably more worthy than this.
    Ok, serious answer, after thinking about it a little. Honestly, I believe this thread alone has kept a bunch of us here on MFP - people who may have wandered off, lost their motivation, felt intimidated to ask questions, or unsupported elsewhere. If one person improves their health and wellness by being part of this thread, then, yes, it warrants sticky status.

I have no problem with the existence of this thread. I just stand by the belief that suggested reading (ie, stickies), should be educational and pertain to the topic of the forum. As far as fun items to give people a reason to return to the site, that's what Chit Chat is for. But that's just me, don't let me rain on your parade. Obviously this thread is popular, just not informative.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Maybe we should make a group..?
    I'll do it if everyone's in. Let me know what you think.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    It's part of the list in the top sticky.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

I'm in for a group!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I'm in for a group!

I'd be sad to leave this original thread behind, but count me in, too!
  • caitlinwalther
    caitlinwalther Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Last week a couple friends and i had a girl's night, we went to in-n-out for milkshakes and fries. Immediately after we drove across the street to tacobell for nachos and crunchwraps. We were giggling like schoolgirls the whole time (tacobell staff must of thought we were stoned lol). The adventure was totally out of character for all of us...we are very clean eaters and self identify as health nuts. Everyone need a guilty pleasure day once in a while. I regret nothing!
  • Francl27
    Options

Oh but that's ok. Nobody reads that :p

Confession - going to the Cheesecake Factory tomorrow. I'm honestly not sure how good my willpower is going to be when it's dessert time (and I know that my mom will be having cheesecake).

I had finally made up for Tuesday's PMS binge too.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul

Ok, I made a group! It's open to all for now. Let's see how that goes.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Confession: Honestly, I'm not happy with the thread being stickied. We'll very likely get an influx of sarcastic, unkind, or snarky people ruining our nice thread mojo. *sniffle* :'(

Call me jaded, but that was my first thought too.
    What value does this thread bring to General Diet and Weight Loss Help that warrants a sticky status? If page count is a factor, there are plenty of "who wants to see who naked" discussions in Chit Chat that are probably more worthy than this.
    Ok, serious answer, after thinking about it a little. Honestly, I believe this thread alone has kept a bunch of us here on MFP - people who may have wandered off, lost their motivation, felt intimidated to ask questions, or unsupported elsewhere. If one person improves their health and wellness by being part of this thread, then, yes, it warrants sticky status.

I have no problem with the existence of this thread. I just stand by the belief that suggested reading (ie, stickies), should be educational and pertain to the topic of the forum. As far as fun items to give people a reason to return to the site, that's what Chit Chat is for. But that's just me, don't let me rain on your parade. Obviously this thread is popular, just not informative.

"Informative" is a matter of opinion. I, for one, feel VERY "informed" when Pancake announces that he has to pee or we get health updates on various pets.

I now know 100% more about the Muslim religion than I knew a week ago. And this is a good thing.

I've learned a bunch of terms for unusual phobias.

I know how many more exotic varieties of Pop Tarts and peanut butter and breakfast cereal exist in countries other than Canada.

Knowledge is good. :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Confession - going to the Cheesecake Factory tomorrow. I'm honestly not sure how good my willpower is going to be when it's dessert time (and I know that my mom will be having cheesecake).

Ohhh when it comes to cheesecake I don't even try to resist! Their Oreo cheesecake is my absolute fave! Enjoy!!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    So I'm about to go on vacation, and I'm starting to get embarrassed about my very pale, pasty skin. My mom used to go tanning before vacations, but I'm certainly not going to do that (I know how bad it is for you). I bought some fake tanner on a whim and I'm a bit anxious about it. I have never used fake tanner before. I'm thinking that I'm worrying about my skin for nothing.

As a side note, my sister has the whitest of white skin and always got hit on and complimented for it in the Bahamas.
  • SquidNebula
    SquidNebula Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Confession(s) : I'm not really a squid. I eat a little bit of chocolate every day. I want a beer later and I just might have one.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: Honestly, I'm not happy with the thread being stickied. We'll very likely get an influx of sarcastic, unkind, or snarky people ruining our nice thread mojo. *sniffle* :'(

Call me jaded, but that was my first thought too.

"Informative" is a matter of opinion. I, for one, feel VERY "informed" when Pancake announces that he has to pee or we get health updates on various pets.

I now know 100% more about the Muslim religion than I knew a week ago. And this is a good thing.

I've learned a bunch of terms for unusual phobias.

I know how many more exotic varieties of Pop Tarts and peanut butter and breakfast cereal exist in countries other than Canada.

Knowledge is good. :)

Sure, informative is a matter of opinion. And I also agree that knowledge is good, I seek out lots of it! I simply fail to see the value of directing members, often times who are new, who are seeking information and knowledge about General Diet and Weight Loss (the purpose of this particular sub-forum) to this particular thread. And thank you for making my point with examples of non-diet/weight loss things your learned from this thread.
  • Francl27
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul

Joined but I can't imagine leaving this thread honestly...

Ohhh when it comes to cheesecake I don't even try to resist! Their Oreo cheesecake is my absolute fave! Enjoy!!

The one I'm looking at is the blueberry white chocolate and *only* 929 calories. But maybe I'll surprise myself and manage to be good. The bread always does me in too, especially if I'm hungry.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

My one objection to making a group is that we'd lose the influx of newbies... newbies who venture in out of curiosity and stay to become valued "regulars"... newbies who remind us of confessions on the first couple of pages when they reply to those early posts... newbies who may be put off by the *ahem* tone of replies in other threads but feel safe in this one.

Is that too Pollyanna-ish of me?
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    IamMicah wrote: »
    "Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ME TOO! I'm desperate for some. Also I want a beehive. The latter is allowed where we are, but we don't have a very big yard and I don't think our neighbours would like it much. I also want goats.

We keep bees on our property and it's pretty awesome. We had a nice honey harvest last year with 4 hives, so we expanded to 8 this year. They're all pretty active; so far, so good!

I would love to have goats! And chickens!
    I have 4 hives and a Nuc Split this year... My plan was to get a single hive. Now Im collecting swarms and doing a trapout on a friends home. Sadly Ive become more addicted to their incredible beehavior and fascinating daily activities.

How could one not?! -- they're incredible! :)
    Indeed. Even my wasp-phobic daughter is learning to love bees.
    ETA: 'Git' is kind of English for 'jerk'.
    8czk3gsj0195.jpg
    The wasps around my area are a lot more chill than the carpenter bees to be honest.

Plus, fig wasps are the only fig pollinators out there. That alone is enough to for wasps to be alright in my book. :wink:
    Twist of irony, hubby works in pest control, can handle just about every type of insect/spider and rodent. He's absolutely terrified of flying bugs (bees, flies, etc), and this is busy season for "bee jobs" and the like. It's absolutely hilarious to see this grown man running around and shrieking at a fly or bee. :laugh:
    To add, he finds it funny too, and laughs at it as well. Just so I'm not sounding like an wife lol.
    Pfft. I'm pretty good at dealing with insects. It gets very annoying having someone scream at you to get rid of a tiny zebra spider before it eats them.

I can't do spiders. Period. I took kiddo and nephew to the zoo last week and there was a tarantula on exhibit. Naturally, both kids wanted to see it, I had a panic attack! It can be embarrassing, but not as much as my catfish phobia (and I mean the actual fish) lol.

You should see me at the lake. I am constantly moving my legs, and if something brushes against me I run to the shore so fast... I'm terrified of fish touching me. Any fish.

So I'm not the only one! I had to write an essay about classical conditioning and phobias in psychology once and I wrote about my catfish phobia. My professor actually told me later he had never heard of that before and thought it funny, but unique haha!

I have a really strange, but also extremely severe phobia that I'm almost sure nobody else shares, but I'll never ever admit to it in this thread. Very few people even know about it, maybe 4-5 including my sister and husband. :-/

I have trypophobia, arachnophobia and I'm afraid of heights - but just ones that would maim me, not ones that will kill me if I fall.

The trypophobia is the weirdest one. Why am I afraid of things with small holes in them?

Wow I'd never heard of the trypophobia before! What are some of the things you're afraid of that are small with holes, if you don't mind me asking?

I have to admit... that when I first saw that word, I initially read it as "typophobia" (and who among us does not fear typos, I ask you...? ;) )
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Joined but I can't imagine leaving this thread honestly...

The one I'm looking at is the blueberry white chocolate and *only* 929 calories. But maybe I'll surprise myself and manage to be good. The bread always does me in too, especially if I'm hungry.
    Yeah, but now I feel we're being watched.
    Anyway, I started a new discussion on the group. Happy if anyone wants to join in.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I was in a mall earlier and the smell of cinnamon sugar pretzels has stuck with me. I STILL smell it and it's been two hours (did it rub off on my clothes?!)!! I found it kind of funny that I passed by at least five people who exclaimed some variation of "Ça sent bon!!" At least I'm not the only one. Right now I'm in the safety of my apartment but I'm thinking about treating myself to one after a workout tomorrow.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    IamMicah wrote: »
    "Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ME TOO! I'm desperate for some. Also I want a beehive. The latter is allowed where we are, but we don't have a very big yard and I don't think our neighbours would like it much. I also want goats.

We keep bees on our property and it's pretty awesome. We had a nice honey harvest last year with 4 hives, so we expanded to 8 this year. They're all pretty active; so far, so good!

I would love to have goats! And chickens!
    I have 4 hives and a Nuc Split this year... My plan was to get a single hive. Now Im collecting swarms and doing a trapout on a friends home. Sadly Ive become more addicted to their incredible beehavior and fascinating daily activities.

How could one not?! -- they're incredible! :)
    Indeed. Even my wasp-phobic daughter is learning to love bees.
    ETA: 'Git' is kind of English for 'jerk'.
    8czk3gsj0195.jpg
    The wasps around my area are a lot more chill than the carpenter bees to be honest.

Plus, fig wasps are the only fig pollinators out there. That alone is enough to for wasps to be alright in my book. :wink:
    Twist of irony, hubby works in pest control, can handle just about every type of insect/spider and rodent. He's absolutely terrified of flying bugs (bees, flies, etc), and this is busy season for "bee jobs" and the like. It's absolutely hilarious to see this grown man running around and shrieking at a fly or bee. :laugh:
    To add, he finds it funny too, and laughs at it as well. Just so I'm not sounding like an wife lol.
    Pfft. I'm pretty good at dealing with insects. It gets very annoying having someone scream at you to get rid of a tiny zebra spider before it eats them.

I can't do spiders. Period. I took kiddo and nephew to the zoo last week and there was a tarantula on exhibit. Naturally, both kids wanted to see it, I had a panic attack! It can be embarrassing, but not as much as my catfish phobia (and I mean the actual fish) lol.

You should see me at the lake. I am constantly moving my legs, and if something brushes against me I run to the shore so fast... I'm terrified of fish touching me. Any fish.

So I'm not the only one! I had to write an essay about classical conditioning and phobias in psychology once and I wrote about my catfish phobia. My professor actually told me later he had never heard of that before and thought it funny, but unique haha!

I have a really strange, but also extremely severe phobia that I'm almost sure nobody else shares, but I'll never ever admit to it in this thread. Very few people even know about it, maybe 4-5 including my sister and husband. :-/

I have trypophobia, arachnophobia and I'm afraid of heights - but just ones that would maim me, not ones that will kill me if I fall.

The trypophobia is the weirdest one. Why am I afraid of things with small holes in them?

Wow I'd never heard of the trypophobia before! What are some of the things you're afraid of that are small with holes, if you don't mind me asking?

I have to admit... that when I first saw that word, I initially read it as "typophobia" (and who among us does not fear typos, I ask you...? ;) )
    Dyslexics of the world untie!