Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Today's confession: As you all might know (due to all the food-related confessions I've been dumping in here...), I've gained quite a bit of weight over my low weight since March. I've gained about 10 kilos, to put a number on it, and I'm just getting back on the wagon. :-/

So, after two days eating under my goal, here's how today's weigh-in went: I went to pee (of course), then hopped on the scale in my underclothes. I got a 70.0 and I thought to myself, "I am SO CLOSE to breaking into the 60s again!" This in mind, I became a little bit desperate. So, I turned to my husband and said... "You know what? I'm going to try to pee some more."

He, of course, stared at me like I was crazy. "How in the world do you pee some more?!" I ignored him and went to attempt it, not that it was particularly successful... Is this TMI? ;)

Afterwards, I stripped down and weighed without my underclothes to get rid of every gram of extra weight that I could possibly shed. The scale was kind and measured me at 69.9. So then I go... "YAY! I BROKE INTO THE SIXTIES AGAIN! BOOYAH!" ;) It counts, right?

It 100% does! I weigh myself with nothing but my glasses on and that's just because I can't see the scale without them. :smiley:

I weigh myself with my glasses off, then step off the scale and put them back on to read it. >:) My scale keeps the reading on the screen for at least five minutes, so I can get away with not wearing my glasses. I'm sure they'd add TONS of weight to the reading, like... 40 whole grams or something! ;)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    @crosbylee I'm so sorry about your friend.

@Italian_Buju I can't even imagine what you went through, my heart breaks for you. And I hope your degu gets better.

@pofoster21 What a heartbreaking story as well. So sorry

Here's a confession: My husband plays games on his iPad. His newest game is Hay Day where you virtually take care of a farm. He was gone this weekend and I picked up his iPad to look something up and an alert said "your farm animals miss you" I decided I had to look in on them. I am now hooked on Hay Day. I feel ridiculous when I play and super ridiculous admitting it.

Edited: Because I didn't want to forget anyone

I'm completely addicted to Hay Day myself. I'm on level 54 now, and I've been playing for almost a year, multiple times daily! ;)

My husband teases me about it, and whenever I have my face stuck in my tab, he'll go... "Checking on your chickens again, huh?"

No need to feel ridiculous, it's an awesome stress-reliever since it's so... Brainless? Kind of like coloring for me, both are destressors. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Thanks, that makes me feel better! I don't know how long my husband has been playing it but he's on level 20 or 21. I checked on it this morning and almost didn't get my workout in, smh. But the good news is, I'm not mindless eating after I put my daughter to bed, I'm harvesting my crops. Still..smh
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    Finally caught up! My confession is I've been drinking too much...every single day for quite awhile. I am making a commitment to not drink Monday through Thursday this week. Please think good thoughts for me!

ETA: A little embarrassed to admit this quasi publicly, but hoping admitting it on here will make me face reality. Since I know there are several of you that have admitted to stopping for good.

You are so not judged. I'm thinking about (not yet committed to ) a dry June. Yes, it is a big enough of a deal to not drink for an entire month for me but June is my worst month. My dad died 3 years ago on his and my mother's 43rd wedding anniversary, right after Father's Day. I tend to drink and cry from one to the other. I try to keep that as discrete as possible (the drinking, not the crying ) so I'm not a super horrible example to my kids but seriously, it is excessive and it needs to stop.

You are not alone. Many people struggle with cutting back on drinking.

I am sorry for your loss. My father died right after 4th of july 1990 and I still morn him. He was a shot and a beer guy and drank every night before he went to bed. I toast him with a shot and a beer on 4th of july and on his birthday in October. It makes me feel better to keep this ritual in his memory.

My dad died 26 years ago this June, 3 days before my parents wedding annivesary and again, right after Father's Day. Still miss him every day.

Funny how it never seems any easier.....my father died on Dec 3rd, 1991, I still cry every single time that anniversary passes. He died very suddenly, and inadvertently left me alone with my crazy mother, so it was really difficult. He was the person I loved most in the world, and I still miss him every day. My son is named after him, and it makes me tear up when I think about how my son never got to meet him. My sister said she cried a lot when he died too, not only because he was a great stepdad to her, but because she felt bad for the way he was treated by our mother and when he died she felt bad that he wasted so many years of his life being treated like that.
    I lost my Dad to cancer at 61 in July 2012. It was pretty quick really, he had his kidney removed just over a year before, but then it came back and he deteriorated quickly. I loved my Dad totally, I feel so lucky when some people on here have talked about their upbringings because I had a great childhood.

But last year, on only the second anniversary of his death I was really into what I was doing at work at the time and I completely forgot until my brother text to see of I was ok. This made me feel like I was a terrible person. Me and my brother have both always said to my mum that we don't want to mark the occasion, we'd rather continue to celebrate his birthday instead, and her brother and sisters tend to do something with her on the anniversary. But I felt awful that I didn't even realise.

I've never really been much of a crier, and tend to get on with things, but some things will really upset me. Sometimes even imagined things, like a song I think he'd have liked and I imagine him telling me about this great new singer that I was trying to get him into years before, but he'd only have recognised when they came onto radio 2. And when my brother got married last month I got quite upset when we did something to remember him, but I'd not have expected that I would have.

But I have found that it does seem easier, I love my dad and always will, he has played a big part in who I am, and although I miss him when he should be around I know how he would have felt about things and can imagine his reaction. And to me the anniversary of his death is the opposite to special and not something I want to mark.

I don't make a big deal about the day my dad died either. He also died of cancer. And we found him...He had probably got out of bed to go to the bathroom and had a stroke or he may have fallen and hit his head on the side table. My mom had stayed in the spare bedroom because he was getting Chemo and she had a cold and didn't want to affect him. She couldn't find him when she went looking for him and came running into the kitchen where I was having breakfast hysterical she couldn't find him. She thought he had committed suicide, went running for the garage to see if his car was there. When she saw it was she just looked at me like where is he? And I knew. I said 'did you look beside the bed'? She was so confused but I just knew. We went to the bedroom and looked at the far side of the bed and he was laying there. She was hysterical again and kept begging me to do something, to help him. I could tell that he had been gone for hours. I worked as a nursing *kitten*'t at the time, and she thought I should save him. It still breaks my heart that I couldn't do anything to help -- her mostly as he was long gone. I felt guilty about that for years. For years I could never say my dad had died, I only said he was gone. Apparently a lot of cancer patients don't actually die from cancer, they have strokes, etc. before the cancer kills them (at least that is what I remember the doctor telling me at the time). But the day he died is just a day. I prefer to remember all the good stuff he did, none of the bad (which my siblings like to focus on) and I simply miss him every day. But I have 'missed' the day of his death before and felt guilty to not even recognize it. I am always sad on Fathers day and I get bitter when marketers send me emails about 'gifts for dad'. I actually just got one as I was writing this. I wish I could buy my dad a gift.

And now I am sorry I probably just depressed all of you.

:'(:'( That was heart wrenching.

My husband was actually the one that found his grandpa after he passed. He went over after work for something and he was just lying on the couch. He preformed CPR and called 911 but it was too late. He more than likely had a heart attack in his sleep. He was REALLY close to his grandpa, because growing up, his dad was in and out of prison his whole life, so his grandpa was the positive male role model in his life. He still, after almost 14 years, gets choked up when he starts talking about him.

I was there when my grandpa passed away. He was in a home and we all knew it was coming but it was still hard, he just stopped breathing. I remember someone at the funeral talking to me about how it probably made me feel at peace to be there for him at the end but mostly, I hated that I was there. When my grandma started to decline, I was scared to visit because I didn't want to witness her passing as well. I sometimes feel guilty for that.

My husband was there when his grandma died a few years ago. He talks about it and says it gave him more closure than when his grandpa died unexpectedly, but it still affected him. I have a grandma and great grandma in a nursing home and he refuses to go with me to see them because just walking into one brings those memories of his grandma's death back. I've never gone through seeing a loved one die so I don't know what to say when he talks about it, all I can do is give hugs and listen. :neutral:

That's what he needs
    I do my best to be there for him, at 25 he doesn't have either one of his grandmothers and only one living grandfather, and it's rough on him. He tells me all the time to be thankful I still have the grandparents I have. My maternal grandmother (Mema) is still with us, I don't see my step-grandma or only living grandpa because they cut my parents and myself out of the family (long story), my bio grandma (paternal) committed suicide in 1983, and my granddaddy (maternal grandfather) passed from cancer in 2004. I still have my great-grandma (Mama Tucker) here at the young age of 96, and my husband tells me everyday to never forget just how blessed I am to still have her and my other grandparents. Believe me, I haven't forgotten at all.

All my grandparents are gone but my husband has both grandmas. Grandparents are truly a blessing, at least mine were.

Very true. It bothers me that Raelynn has two great grandparents she'll probably never see due to petty drama, but she still has her grandparents and her Mema and Mama Tucker, which makes me feel better.

My daughter got to meet one of my grandmas (paternal) but she was so little and my grandma was so out of it (not sure if that's the right way to say it. She had dementia and didn't always remember me) but we got pictures and those always make my dad feel better.

I remember telling my husband once that I wished he would have met my grandma before she got sick because she would have loved him. I'm getting choked up right now just thinking about it.

My Mema has Alzheimer's disease and she doesn't know who I am anymore most times we visit. It hurts so much to see her like that, but I know if I don't see her I'll regret it. Last time we were there, my mom pointed out to her that Raelynn was my daughter, and she replied "So that's who that is!" pointing to me. She honestly didn't know who I was. I nearly had to get up and walk out of the room. :cry:
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

@Italian_Buju I can't even imagine what you went through, my heart breaks for you. And I hope your degu gets better.

Here's a confession: My husband plays games on his iPad. His newest game is Hay Day where you virtually take care of a farm. He was gone this weekend and I picked up his iPad to look something up and an alert said "your farm animals miss you" I decided I had to look in on them. I am now hooked on Hay Day. I feel ridiculous when I play and super ridiculous admitting it.

I'm completely addicted to Hay Day myself. I'm on level 54 now, and I've been playing for almost a year, multiple times daily! ;)

My husband teases me about it, and whenever I have my face stuck in my tab, he'll go... "Checking on your chickens again, huh?"

No need to feel ridiculous, it's an awesome stress-reliever since it's so... Brainless? Kind of like coloring for me, both are destressors. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I want actual chickens, both for the convenience of eggs and because I just think it would be hilarious, but we live in suburban Philadelphia and APPARENTLY that's not acceptable in our township code. Sometimes I think the hubby-to-be is a bit too happy about my lack of chickens.

We do have resident foxes though, so odds are it wouldn't work out anyway. >:)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Thanks, that makes me feel better! I don't know how long my husband has been playing it but he's on level 20 or 21. I checked on it this morning and almost didn't get my workout in, smh. But the good news is, I'm not mindless eating after I put my daughter to bed, I'm harvesting my crops. Still..smh

When I wake up to pray my first prayer of the day (at dawn) I tend to pick up my phone and start playing it after I pray, instead of going back to sleep. Next thing I know, the sun is up and it's time to get up, but I want to sleep more after losing two solid hours (that I could have spent sleeping) playing the game and then checking this thread! :o
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

I want actual chickens, both for the convenience of eggs and because I just think it would be hilarious, but we live in suburban Philadelphia and APPARENTLY that's not acceptable in our township code. Sometimes I think the hubby-to-be is a bit too happy about my lack of chickens.

ME TOO! I'm desperate for some. Also I want a beehive. The latter is allowed where we are, but we don't have a very big yard and I don't think our neighbours would like it much. I also want goats. My sister sent me this this morning:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfxUt9UM0nc
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I had a pretty serious farmtown and farmville addiction going when they were first out. I finally got over it the day I realized I was spending a Saturday night setting a kitchen timer every 10 minutes to rotate my crops to save up (I don't even remember what anymore). My son asked why the timer kept going off, and when I had to explain it to him, I knew it was time to delete the farms.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

My hubby wants chickens, but we live dead in the city (like, walking distance to downtown) so that's not happening! He keeps saying once we move out to the country he's getting chickens and making a feed plot for deer so he can hunt. The words "We are NOT living on a damned farm!" have left my mouth multiple times. And I mean it! >:)
  • mef1107
    mef1107 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

Wow! I wish i had you at home with me. I actually like the idea to bring the scale to the store. And i am aiming to soon start premeasuring and vac sealing once a week for easier prep. You, my friend, are my type of compulsive. My goal is to be a little more like that.

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

When I wake up to pray my first prayer of the day (at dawn) I tend to pick up my phone and start playing it after I pray, instead of going back to sleep. Next thing I know, the sun is up and it's time to get up, but I want to sleep more after losing two solid hours (that I could have spent sleeping) playing the game and then checking this thread! :o

For Curiosity's sake I must know when are the prayers times?
  • mef1107
    mef1107 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Love it! I weigh and measure, but not nearly enough. Your an inspiration
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    rosehips60 wrote: »
    i hide m&m's in an old margarine container so my son and husband can't find them. I don't binge on them but I want to know they are there when i want a treat. I even count the darn things out so I can log them

I put small candy like m&m's, skittles, sour patch etc in a coffee cup, and if my kids come close I pretend to take a drink. *nonchalant*
    That's awesome!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Accents: in my opinion, small-town Canadians (from anywhere) have a very different accent to city-dwellers and it's very noticeable. I've lived my whole life in urban Alberta and my accent is apparently geographically untraceable (depending on who I'm talking to, I've heard everything from "California" to "oh, were your parents Scandinavian?" to "did you grow up in England?" in my life) but I think there is a very distinct accent for rural Canadians (and, obviously, for French-Canadians and a couple variations for East Coasters too.)

It's not quite the same was what people think of as a "Canadian accent" (which usually sounds more like Minnesota to me when I hear it played for laughs on TV) but it's definitely a thing.

If you want to know what a rural Canadian accent sounds like...

http://youtu.be/F-glHAzXi_M[/embed]

I call that one the "Trailer Park Boys accent". Thanks for sharing. :)

Rural Manitoba is a little more "nasally" sounding to me.

And I've never said "aboot" for about in my life.

I always thought it sounded more like "aboat" anyway. ;)

Being with my Canadian best friend rubbed off on me a lot, she didn't say aboot, but I still -almost 20 years later - catch myself saying "sorey' instead of "sorry".

Lol, you Americans don't say "sorry", you say "saawh-ry"...it's the easiest way I know to identify an American accent quickly ;) Also "lobby" sounds like "laawh-by" to me when Americans say it - it's those "o"s that are the giveaway because they're a lot flatter, closer to an "a" and further away from the almost-long-"o" sound that Canadians usually use for those words. In Vegas last weekend the elevator voice in our hotel made me giggle every time because of the way it pronounced "law-by floor".

Sorry for the essay on this one, but I find this stuff really interesting, obviously. I'm a singer and I love dissecting phonetics and vowel pronunciations in different languages and accents - I totally get excited over weird dipthongs and stuff, haha.

I'm going to admit that I really don't get Friends. I watched it when it was first airing and it was mildly amusing, but whenever I see reruns now I'm not at all compelled to keep watching. They really don't seem to have aged that well for me and I just don't find them that funny. Seinfeld, even though it's older, is still more funny to me despite its age.

I have terrible taste in TV though...I don't really watch many scripted shows at all anymore. I've tried to get into all the big critically-acclaimed dramas like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, True Detective, Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, but I always end up losing interest and shutting them off. I think it's because I don't like TV to make me feel terrible, and all those shows are pretty much sad ALL THE TIME. I can handle sad movies and books but not season after season of pain and misery. So I watch, like...shows about puppies on Animal Planet and the Food Network and all those terrible bride shows on TLC while I'm cooking dinner or as background when I'm reading a book, and that's sufficiently entertaining, but I almost never just sit down and watch TV without doing something else at the same time.

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Accents: in my opinion, small-town Canadians (from anywhere) have a very different accent to city-dwellers and it's very noticeable. I've lived my whole life in urban Alberta and my accent is apparently geographically untraceable (depending on who I'm talking to, I've heard everything from "California" to "oh, were your parents Scandinavian?" to "did you grow up in England?" in my life) but I think there is a very distinct accent for rural Canadians (and, obviously, for French-Canadians and a couple variations for East Coasters too.)

It's not quite the same was what people think of as a "Canadian accent" (which usually sounds more like Minnesota to me when I hear it played for laughs on TV) but it's definitely a thing.

If you want to know what a rural Canadian accent sounds like...

http://youtu.be/F-glHAzXi_M[/embed]

I call that one the "Trailer Park Boys accent". Thanks for sharing. :)

Rural Manitoba is a little more "nasally" sounding to me.

And I've never said "aboot" for about in my life.

I always thought it sounded more like "aboat" anyway. ;)

Being with my Canadian best friend rubbed off on me a lot, she didn't say aboot, but I still -almost 20 years later - catch myself saying "sorey' instead of "sorry".

Lol, you Americans don't say "sorry", you say "saawh-ry"...it's the easiest way I know to identify an American accent quickly ;) Also "lobby" sounds like "laawh-by" to me when Americans say it - it's those "o"s that are the giveaway because they're a lot flatter, closer to an "a" and further away from the almost-long-"o" sound that Canadians usually use for those words. In Vegas last weekend the elevator voice in our hotel made me giggle every time because of the way it pronounced "law-by floor".

Sorry for the essay on this one, but I find this stuff really interesting, obviously. I'm a singer and I love dissecting phonetics and vowel pronunciations in different languages and accents - I totally get excited over weird dipthongs and stuff, haha.

I'm going to admit that I really don't get Friends. I watched it when it was first airing and it was mildly amusing, but whenever I see reruns now I'm not at all compelled to keep watching. They really don't seem to have aged that well for me and I just don't find them that funny. Seinfeld, even though it's older, is still more funny to me despite its age.

I have terrible taste in TV though...I don't really watch many scripted shows at all anymore. I've tried to get into all the big critically-acclaimed dramas like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, True Detective, Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, but I always end up losing interest and shutting them off. I think it's because I don't like TV to make me feel terrible, and all those shows are pretty much sad ALL THE TIME. I can handle sad movies and books but not season after season of pain and misery. So I watch, like...shows about puppies on Animal Planet, and the Food Network, and all those terrible bride shows on TLC while I'm cooking dinner or as background when I'm reading a book, and that's sufficiently entertaining, but I almost never just sit down and watch TV without doing something else at the same time.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »

He was looking at string bikinis last night. I think he's a little confused as to what my body ACTUALLY looks like. I definitely DON'T have a "bikini body". At least not yet, anyway. :smiley:
    The people who love us never see us as we see ourselves. They look at us with better eyes.

I would like to borrow those eyes.

I thought of asking my husband to trade eyes so I could see myself the way he sees me... Then I decided that I REALLY don't want him to see me the way I see me! ;)

Smart. :wink:

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    Finally caught up! My confession is I've been drinking too much...every single day for quite awhile. I am making a commitment to not drink Monday through Thursday this week. Please think good thoughts for me!

ETA: A little embarrassed to admit this quasi publicly, but hoping admitting it on here will make me face reality. Since I know there are several of you that have admitted to stopping for good.

You are so not judged. I'm thinking about (not yet committed to ) a dry June. Yes, it is a big enough of a deal to not drink for an entire month for me but June is my worst month. My dad died 3 years ago on his and my mother's 43rd wedding anniversary, right after Father's Day. I tend to drink and cry from one to the other. I try to keep that as discrete as possible (the drinking, not the crying ) so I'm not a super horrible example to my kids but seriously, it is excessive and it needs to stop.

You are not alone. Many people struggle with cutting back on drinking.

I am sorry for your loss. My father died right after 4th of july 1990 and I still morn him. He was a shot and a beer guy and drank every night before he went to bed. I toast him with a shot and a beer on 4th of july and on his birthday in October. It makes me feel better to keep this ritual in his memory.

My dad died 26 years ago this June, 3 days before my parents wedding annivesary and again, right after Father's Day. Still miss him every day.

Funny how it never seems any easier.....my father died on Dec 3rd, 1991, I still cry every single time that anniversary passes. He died very suddenly, and inadvertently left me alone with my crazy mother, so it was really difficult. He was the person I loved most in the world, and I still miss him every day. My son is named after him, and it makes me tear up when I think about how my son never got to meet him. My sister said she cried a lot when he died too, not only because he was a great stepdad to her, but because she felt bad for the way he was treated by our mother and when he died she felt bad that he wasted so many years of his life being treated like that.
    I lost my Dad to cancer at 61 in July 2012. It was pretty quick really, he had his kidney removed just over a year before, but then it came back and he deteriorated quickly. I loved my Dad totally, I feel so lucky when some people on here have talked about their upbringings because I had a great childhood.

But last year, on only the second anniversary of his death I was really into what I was doing at work at the time and I completely forgot until my brother text to see of I was ok. This made me feel like I was a terrible person. Me and my brother have both always said to my mum that we don't want to mark the occasion, we'd rather continue to celebrate his birthday instead, and her brother and sisters tend to do something with her on the anniversary. But I felt awful that I didn't even realise.

I've never really been much of a crier, and tend to get on with things, but some things will really upset me. Sometimes even imagined things, like a song I think he'd have liked and I imagine him telling me about this great new singer that I was trying to get him into years before, but he'd only have recognised when they came onto radio 2. And when my brother got married last month I got quite upset when we did something to remember him, but I'd not have expected that I would have.

But I have found that it does seem easier, I love my dad and always will, he has played a big part in who I am, and although I miss him when he should be around I know how he would have felt about things and can imagine his reaction. And to me the anniversary of his death is the opposite to special and not something I want to mark.

I don't make a big deal about the day my dad died either. He also died of cancer. And we found him...He had probably got out of bed to go to the bathroom and had a stroke or he may have fallen and hit his head on the side table. My mom had stayed in the spare bedroom because he was getting Chemo and she had a cold and didn't want to affect him. She couldn't find him when she went looking for him and came running into the kitchen where I was having breakfast hysterical she couldn't find him. She thought he had committed suicide, went running for the garage to see if his car was there. When she saw it was she just looked at me like where is he? And I knew. I said 'did you look beside the bed'? She was so confused but I just knew. We went to the bedroom and looked at the far side of the bed and he was laying there. She was hysterical again and kept begging me to do something, to help him. I could tell that he had been gone for hours. I worked as a nursing *kitten*'t at the time, and she thought I should save him. It still breaks my heart that I couldn't do anything to help -- her mostly as he was long gone. I felt guilty about that for years. For years I could never say my dad had died, I only said he was gone. Apparently a lot of cancer patients don't actually die from cancer, they have strokes, etc. before the cancer kills them (at least that is what I remember the doctor telling me at the time). But the day he died is just a day. I prefer to remember all the good stuff he did, none of the bad (which my siblings like to focus on) and I simply miss him every day. But I have 'missed' the day of his death before and felt guilty to not even recognize it. I am always sad on Fathers day and I get bitter when marketers send me emails about 'gifts for dad'. I actually just got one as I was writing this. I wish I could buy my dad a gift.

And now I am sorry I probably just depressed all of you.

:'(:'( That was heart wrenching.

My husband was actually the one that found his grandpa after he passed. He went over after work for something and he was just lying on the couch. He preformed CPR and called 911 but it was too late. He more than likely had a heart attack in his sleep. He was REALLY close to his grandpa, because growing up, his dad was in and out of prison his whole life, so his grandpa was the positive male role model in his life. He still, after almost 14 years, gets choked up when he starts talking about him.

I was there when my grandpa passed away. He was in a home and we all knew it was coming but it was still hard, he just stopped breathing. I remember someone at the funeral talking to me about how it probably made me feel at peace to be there for him at the end but mostly, I hated that I was there. When my grandma started to decline, I was scared to visit because I didn't want to witness her passing as well. I sometimes feel guilty for that.

My husband was there when his grandma died a few years ago. He talks about it and says it gave him more closure than when his grandpa died unexpectedly, but it still affected him. I have a grandma and great grandma in a nursing home and he refuses to go with me to see them because just walking into one brings those memories of his grandma's death back. I've never gone through seeing a loved one die so I don't know what to say when he talks about it, all I can do is give hugs and listen. :neutral:

That's what he needs
    I do my best to be there for him, at 25 he doesn't have either one of his grandmothers and only one living grandfather, and it's rough on him. He tells me all the time to be thankful I still have the grandparents I have. My maternal grandmother (Mema) is still with us, I don't see my step-grandma or only living grandpa because they cut my parents and myself out of the family (long story), my bio grandma (paternal) committed suicide in 1983, and my granddaddy (maternal grandfather) passed from cancer in 2004. I still have my great-grandma (Mama Tucker) here at the young age of 96, and my husband tells me everyday to never forget just how blessed I am to still have her and my other grandparents. Believe me, I haven't forgotten at all.

All my grandparents are gone but my husband has both grandmas. Grandparents are truly a blessing, at least mine were.

Very true. It bothers me that Raelynn has two great grandparents she'll probably never see due to petty drama, but she still has her grandparents and her Mema and Mama Tucker, which makes me feel better.

My daughter got to meet one of my grandmas (paternal) but she was so little and my grandma was so out of it (not sure if that's the right way to say it. She had dementia and didn't always remember me) but we got pictures and those always make my dad feel better.

I remember telling my husband once that I wished he would have met my grandma before she got sick because she would have loved him. I'm getting choked up right now just thinking about it.

My Mema has Alzheimer's disease and she doesn't know who I am anymore most times we visit. It hurts so much to see her like that, but I know if I don't see her I'll regret it. Last time we were there, my mom pointed out to her that Raelynn was my daughter, and she replied "So that's who that is!" pointing to me. She honestly didn't know who I was. I nearly had to get up and walk out of the room. :cry:

(((hugs))) It's so hard! I'm so sorry you have to go through it.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    I swear, if I see another freaking thread about that stupid fed up "documentary", I'm going to lose it! :rage:
    Note: One just started in Food and Nutrition.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 I thought I woke up early at 5! What time do you get up?

And by the way I HIGHLY recommend Friends (TV show) it's on Netflix now and I've watched the whole series twice! It's just so funny and it always puts me in a good mood if I'm feeling blue :(

I watch that when I am on the stationary bike & need something to watch:D. My favorite character has to be Chandler for the guys & Phoebe for the girls.

I think you mean Miss. Chanandler Bong and Regina Felangie. Later known as Princess Consuela Bananahammock. I'm rewatching every episode on Netflix with my daughter. Who I may or may not have named after a character on the show. :blush:

I cannot count the number of times I have seen each and every episode and I STILL laugh when I watch that show.

Confession: for about three years my husband's ex-wife's current husband and I would go to the gym at the same time every day (that's what happens when you live in a small town). I'd get there slightly ahead of him and put the TV (shared for the cardio room) on ESPN. When he got there he'd change it and we'd watch back-to-back reruns of "Friends". Initially, I was annoyed but then we'd laugh out loud every time. Seems so foolish but that show just makes me laugh.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

ME TOO! I'm desperate for some. Also I want a beehive. The latter is allowed where we are, but we don't have a very big yard and I don't think our neighbours would like it much. I also want goats. My sister sent me this this morning:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfxUt9UM0nc

Too freaking adorable!!! Once things settle down in the inherited land department, I'll post some baby cow pics!!
  • L2BHealthy_2015
    L2BHealthy_2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been asked multiple times if I'm pregnant. I respond, "No, I'm just fat."

I laugh to play down the comment, but really, it hurts my feelings. I'm trying to lose midsection weight, but it's really hard to do once it's there.