Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Oh btw, for anyone wondering. I got a job offer this morning. It's going to be amazing walking out of this place in a couple of weeks with my paycheck, and 100 hours of vacation time in a check too. WOOT WOOT

Well done!
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've been on this journey since i was like 20 lol. Its too easy to be comfortable than it is to consistenly work hard at something.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I bought my plan ticket to London last night-- Harry Potter land here I come!!! Haha watch out London here I come!!
    I went to London some years ago. I hope you have a good trip!

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Life is short I want to live hard. I plan on being me to the very end. With friends or without. It does get lonely, my mom was my best Friend. She passed away.

:( sorry.

I do however like that you will always be yourself. :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I bought my plan ticket to London last night-- Harry Potter land here I come!!! Haha watch out London here I come!!
    I went to London some years ago. I hope you have a good trip!

Thanks! I've wanted to go forever, I cannot wait!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Oh btw, for anyone wondering. I got a job offer this morning. It's going to be amazing walking out of this place in a couple of weeks with my paycheck, and 100 hours of vacation time in a check too. WOOT WOOT

Congratulations!!!
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Congrats! Was it the one you were waiting on? Or something else?

It's the one!

Yay! That's awesome!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Congrats! Was it the one you were waiting on? Or something else?

It's the one!

Good stuff! :)
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Good parenting confession here:

My 14yo (nearly 15) daughter is reading "A Game of Thrones" (Book one of the series "A Song of Ice and Fire" for all you folks who only watch the TV series) and we are letting her watch the series with us (so far, due to schedules, we've only watched the first one of the series).

My now 12yo has been watching RuPaul's Drag Race with me on and off since season 1. I tend to fall in the if it's not killing them, they'll be fine, school of parenting.

I've let my 9 year old watch The Walking Dead with me because I go to the same parenting school. He thinks he's the coolest kid ever.

I have three male teenagers and when they were young, 1st grade plus, they watched nearly everything I watched. I never hid them from any of the supposedly grown up stuff...Horror, Sci-fi, movies with adult situations, pretty much anything. I guess only time will tell, but they are currently 3 very well behaved, well rounded, and intelligent individuals capable of making decisions and have their own minds and ideas. They are my favorite people.

I did the same with my kids. I now have two very well-adjusted, independent grown kids (21 year old daughter, 20 year old son).

I also never helicoptered them. School was their responsibility when they started bringing homework. It was THEIR homework, not mine. I was a single mother, I didn't have time to try to have a career and do my kids' homework. It drives me crazy when friends on FB talk about how much work they're doing on their kids' school projects. It's the STUDENT's responsibility!!

So much yes. And the worst part is that they think the teachers can't tell. I can tell at a science fair which projects were actually done by a 10 year old and which were done by an adult. If I can, I'm sure the teacher can. I'm very judgmental about this.

This is as far as I go helping my kids with projects:
    Kid: "Mom, can you help me with this project."
    Me: "Absolutely! What do you need for it?"
    Kid: Lists off the ingredients/resources needed
    Me: Tell them where in the house they can find what they need
    Kid: Gathers everything they need.
    Me: "Well, my job's done. Glad I could help! Better get busy!"
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    We had a staff BBQ today. I ate a whole baked potato with bacon bits and butter and an 8OZ ribeye steak. Guessing about 1000 calories there but I enjoyed every bite. :smiley:
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

My 14yo (nearly 15) daughter is reading "A Game of Thrones" (Book one of the series "A Song of Ice and Fire" for all you folks who only watch the TV series) and we are letting her watch the series with us (so far, due to schedules, we've only watched the first one of the series).

My now 12yo has been watching RuPaul's Drag Race with me on and off since season 1. I tend to fall in the if it's not killing them, they'll be fine, school of parenting.

I've let my 9 year old watch The Walking Dead with me because I go to the same parenting school. He thinks he's the coolest kid ever.

I have three male teenagers and when they were young, 1st grade plus, they watched nearly everything I watched. I never hid them from any of the supposedly grown up stuff...Horror, Sci-fi, movies with adult situations, pretty much anything. I guess only time will tell, but they are currently 3 very well behaved, well rounded, and intelligent individuals capable of making decisions and have their own minds and ideas. They are my favorite people.

I did the same with my kids. I now have two very well-adjusted, independent grown kids (21 year old daughter, 20 year old son).

I also never helicoptered them. School was their responsibility when they started bringing homework. It was THEIR homework, not mine. I was a single mother, I didn't have time to try to have a career and do my kids' homework. It drives me crazy when friends on FB talk about how much work they're doing on their kids' school projects. It's the STUDENT's responsibility!!

So much yes. And the worst part is that they think the teachers can't tell. I can tell at a science fair which projects were actually done by a 10 year old and which were done by an adult. If I can, I'm sure the teacher can. I'm very judgmental about this.

This will be me when/if I become a mother! Thumbs up!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

This will be me when/if I become a mother! Thumbs up!

Oh yeah. That was me.
    The only problem was when they waited until the last possible minute and needed something I didn't have on hand (poster board being a memorable one).

Grrrrrr.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for the "quick fix" to lose weight. Never been a patient person, why would this be any different?
  • ladybuggnorris
    Options
    You know that awful feeling when you're waiting for an answer, any answer, and you've been waiting for over a week? URGH, seriously, why be people hiring so slow.

I actually find it very ridiculous for hiring to take a long time. I interviewed for a job once, thought I did well and waited two weeks. Heard nothing. Then I interviewed fro my current job and they hired me at the interview. Three weeks later, the first place called back to tell me that I got the job. I informed them that I now had a job and that five weeks was way too long to sit around waiting.
  • ladybuggnorris
    Options
    You know that awful feeling when you're waiting for an answer, any answer, and you've been waiting for over a week? URGH, seriously, why be people hiring so slow.

I actually find it very ridiculous for hiring to take a long time. I interviewed for a job once, thought I did well and waited two weeks. Heard nothing. Then I interviewed fro my current job and they hired me at the interview. Three weeks later, the first place called back to tell me that I got the job. I informed them that I now had a job and that five weeks was way too long to sit around waiting.
  • jillbreault9
    jillbreault9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I binged a few times last week and still somehow lost weight. Then I convinced myself that I could do that now, and ate like crap for the past few days. 2 pounds later and I feel so dumb for thinking I could lose weight while eating 500 calories more than I'm supposed to, but at least the weight will come back off.

I also stopped taking my birth control because it was making it harder for me to lose weight. Luckily I don't have any need to be on it as of now, but it still felt a little desperate.

I also only record my weight when it's under the last recording so I don't feel bad about gaining a few pounds every once in a while.

I also don't have a plan of what to do when I reach my goal weight. I want to maintain, but it'll take some experimentation to see how it turns out.

God, I have a lot of confessions...
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Confession: I've been listening to NSync all day. It started with "It's gonna be me" because of the It's Gonna Be May meme but now I've gotten so deep I'm listening to the Christmas album.

I hope my boss can't hear.

And if your boss can hear it, he/she will know that God must have spent a little more time on you because you're clearly awesome. It's tearin' up my heart that I don't have any *NSync on my workout playlist, so I guess I'll have to say bye, bye, bye to it and make a new list before I drive myself crazy. ;)

You know reading this message reminds me that thinking of you (I drive myself crazy). You better make that amazing playlist or you'll feel gone, this I promise you. For the girl who has everything...I recommend you include Space Cowboy and Bringin' Da Noise for the ultimate Pop workout mix.

(You know trying to make N*Sync puns was hard...almost to the point where it makes me ill) :p

Well played, my friend. :)

That was artistic and entertaining, you two... and involves a skill that you might seriously want to consider having 'at the ready', for mentioning if/when you're ever on Jeopardy... and Alex Trebek comes over for that little player-podium -time chit-chat... ;) ...and 'prompts' you with a, "so, I understand you have a special talent... would you mind sharing it with our studio audience?" -- to which you would then proudly proclaim, "why, yes, Alex... and that would be... that I'm a member of a Dynamic Duo which excels at making *NSYNC puns...!" -- "I see... and how did this previously unknown talent 'surface'...?" -- "Well, Alex, as it turns out... it was in the Confessions thread of a MyFitnessPal.com discussion forum, of all places...!" -- "...aaaaand, we're on to the next round... Ms. Overlook, pick your category..." -- "Alex, I'll take *NSYNC Song Titles, for $500..." -- "You Got It... Here We Go..."

(!)

;)

Why thank you :) Trying out for - and appearing on - Jeopardy crosses my mind occasionally, especially if I have a particularly good run during an episode (if, however, the categories are topics like "Opera" or "Poetry" or "British Monarchy", I realize that I would go full-on Cindy Brady and stare blankly at the camera for the entire round; hence, I haven't tried out). I've often wondered what I would talk about during the mid-round, chat-with-the-contestants section of the game, and now I have a topic. :)

I always hate that part of the show and wondered why they bother until I realized: Jeopardy is a trivia show so having the contestants share a bit of trivia about themselves makes sense. I still change the channel though.

I DVR Jeopardy so I'm sure I don't miss it. I would LOVE to be a contestant but feel like I would say something stupid for forget I'm microphoned and swear profusely. I like the getting to know you part of Jeopardy..especially if the contestant is attractive lol...
    I was on Academic Challenge here in Northeast Ohio when I was in high school. Answered the most questions for my class but I also misspoke and said a really basic word completely wrong but they still credited me with the right answer. Being on TV is nerve wracking.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

Congratulations!!!
  • FroggyBug
    Options

Yay!! Congrats!

I kept putting off responding because I was hoping as I got closer to the end of the thread, you would have heard good news.

I'm happy for you! Also, it's awesome that you get an extra check for unused vacation. :)
  • FroggyBug
    Options

Awesome! When are you going? Have fun!!