Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous of all you good eyesight people. I've worn glasses/contacts since I was 10. I just had my check-up and I'm at 20/575 now.

I was in the 20/625 range, contacts since age 10, and got lasik. Best $5K I've ever spent. I was in my late 30s when I got it done so they slightly undercorrected one eye to prolong my close vision.
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession: one of my main hesitations to buy reading glasses is that I have an affinity for expensive sunglasses. I wear them all the time and I'm guilty of not taking them off when I'm inside the grocery store or running various errands. Currently, I'm contemplating an awesomely fancy pair of purple Gucci shades that retail for $325.00.

Take those off to put on a pair of readers?! Hell no. I'll stick with my fancy shades and not be able to read. Vain.

I have an affinity for very cheap sunglasses :D considering how careless I am with them. I throw them in my purse without a case, they fall on the floor in the car several times a week, I forget they're in a pocket and sit or lean on them.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I have terrible vision already as well and I wear my contacts every day because wearing glasses messes with my depth perception and makes me fall using the stairs and stuff. I never seem to get used to it. I'm 20/20 with my contacts and they never bother me, so I will never switch unless it become absolutely necessary for my eye health.

Books: I've never been a big fantasy reader, but I have read all the LOTR/Harry Potter/Narnia etc., the big ones. I did make it through the first two Game of Thrones but I didn't like them much and haven't bothered with the third one. I think they make a better TV series than novels, honestly, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Just not worth the effort for me although I generally love a big dense novel (I just read "Wolf Hall" by Hilary Mantel, for example, and that was SO GOOD.)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    My eyesight was terrible when I was younger. Had glasses and contacts but hated them both. I abused my eyes by wearing my extended wear lenses over their expected time. Luckily, I came out ok. I had lasik done about six years ago and wished I had done it sooner. After a few years with great vision post surgery, my age is catching up with me and now I am getting to need the cheaters to read small print!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    My eyesight was terrible when I was younger. Had glasses and contacts but hated them both. I abused my eyes by wearing my extended wear lenses over their expected time. Luckily, I came out ok. I had lasik done about six years ago and wished I had done it sooner. After a few years with great vision post surgery, my age is catching up with me and now I am getting to need the cheaters to read small print!

That's why I don't want to do Lasik.. Don't want to pay so much and end up needing glasses again after a few years. My vision really hasn't stabilized anyway... been wearing glasses/contacts since I was 12 (and preferring glasses again now, honestly).

ETA: my 'a bit over' just morphed into 'way over' because of massive carb cravings. And there I thought I wasn't going to have one of those days this month. Figures it always happens when my mom brings brioche. Back on track tomorrow, right?
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I think I'm like 20/400 or something, it's been a while. I adore my glasses, though, so I rarely wear contacts anymore.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I'm jealous of all you good eyesight people. I've worn glasses/contacts since I was 10. I just had my check-up and I'm at 20/575 now.

I was in the 20/625 range, contacts since age 10, and got lasik. Best $5K I've ever spent. I was in my late 30s when I got it done so they slightly undercorrected one eye to prolong my close vision.
    Confession: one of my main hesitations to buy reading glasses is that I have an affinity for expensive sunglasses. I wear them all the time and I'm guilty of not taking them off when I'm inside the grocery store or running various errands. Currently, I'm contemplating an awesomely fancy pair of purple Gucci shades that retail for $325.00.

Take those off to put on a pair of readers?! Hell no. I'll stick with my fancy shades and not be able to read. Vain.

I have an affinity for very cheap sunglasses :D considering how careless I am with them. I throw them in my purse without a case, they fall on the floor in the car several times a week, I forget they're in a pocket and sit or lean on them.

This is me. I refuse to buy expensive sunglasses. I buy mine from Marshall's for $10. I cannot keep them to save my life. Lose and break them all the time. I just broke my last pair by throwing a bunch of cat foot cases on top of them. :( Back to Marshall's I go.
  • Cghost21
    Cghost21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I ate a half of a gallon worth of ice cream two rows of Oreo cookies half a gallon of milk and a cheeseburger and just decided not to log in those calories on purpose lol. I just want to get back to staying consistent with my nutrition. Good thing I love to work out
  • Oberon21
    Options
    SWISHanes wrote: »
    Today is my first day back to this site in over a year and half. Starting all over again and it sucks but I know it can be done.

You got this!!!

You stumbled into the right thread!
  • naomizagrean335
    naomizagrean335 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I still put whip cream in my coffee -_-
  • Oberon21
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Arg.

I confess that I've been fighting getting readers for a few months now. About a year ago it was like a switch got flipped in my head. I suddenly couldn't read magazines, ingredients on packaging, and audits at work were giving me headaches.

Soooo I finally went and bought some $20 Foster Grant readers at the store...and it makes all the difference in the world. DAMMIT.

I had 20/16 vision growing up & through adulthood, but now at age 46 it's official...I'm the reader-perched-on-the-head-guy.

DAMMIT

When I turned 40 everyone kept asking me if my eyesight had changed. I kept saying no...my eyesight has been the same (glasses since I was in middle school) essentially for years. Then about 3 years ago, boom, I couldn't see anymore. Now I have bi-focals. :( I feel old. I use the one near and one far contact and that mostly works, but I still have to shift eyes depending on what I am looking at, and my laptop, when on my lap, hits in EXACTLY the wrong place.
  • Francl27
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Arg.

I confess that I've been fighting getting readers for a few months now. About a year ago it was like a switch got flipped in my head. I suddenly couldn't read magazines, ingredients on packaging, and audits at work were giving me headaches.

Soooo I finally went and bought some $20 Foster Grant readers at the store...and it makes all the difference in the world. DAMMIT.

I had 20/16 vision growing up & through adulthood, but now at age 46 it's official...I'm the reader-perched-on-the-head-guy.

DAMMIT

When I turned 40 everyone kept asking me if my eyesight had changed. I kept saying no...my eyesight has been the same (glasses since I was in middle school) essentially for years. Then about 3 years ago, boom, I couldn't see anymore. Now I have bi-focals. :( I feel old. I use the one near and one far contact and that mostly works, but I still have to shift eyes depending on what I am looking at, and my laptop, when on my lap, hits in EXACTLY the wrong place.

Not looking forward to that.

The problem I got is that my eyesight is so bad on my right eye that I need regular glasses to be able to read something that is one foot in front of me.. because it's still too far.. not because it's too close. I cried the day I couldn't read without glasses anymore.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I did go to the gym. Am now home in a foul snappy mood, God knows why.

Oh and I ate two pop tarts on the way home. When I knew the casserole in the slow cooker would be ready. Go me! /Sarcasm

Oh dear... TOM? I get rally pissed off at the world the day or so before. I bite everyone's heads off. I used to cry hysterically before. Now I just get in a total rage. I have to step away when I do that. I can hear it on calls and I have even gotten off my horses in the past when I realized I was in a foul mood because of that, as I have ZERO patience. I get over it in a day or so.
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    3 of the swimsuits and the swimsuit cover came from Amazon yesterday. As soon as I walked in the door, I was asked to "model" them.

The first one I tried on barley covered my nipples and I feared my boob would pop out if I made any sudden movements. It was a really cute navy with white polka dots suit and it was my husband's favorite.

The second one was just like the one I found on Anthropologie's website, but it was a lot less expensive. I shimmied into it and had him tie the halter. It fit perfectly and made my butt look amazing. I was really excited.

The third one was a little strange. It was like a mini dress with a bikini bottom attached. The back was really cute and when I pulled the skirt down a little bit, it made my butt look amazing. The top where the two cups met was a little messed up or I probably would have kept it.

I am due to get the final one today. I am most excited about it. I hope this works. http://www.amazon.com/Cocoship-Vintage-Monokinis-Halter-Swimsuit/dp/B00TI5BMYG/ref=pd_sim_193_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1ZWTW24XMYZ5XAWWN296

My husband also said he was going to buy me another swimsuit cover.

Every day I get a little bit more excited about our trip. Especially now that I have at least one really cute swimsuit.

I think that any swimsuit that gets you excited is amazing! I've been more or less maintaining for the past year, and I still get nervous in a swimsuit. Out of curiosity, which swimsuit was number 2? (the Anthropologie look-alike?) I'm still looking for a good new suit for this summer and then for the honeymoon...
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Cghost21 wrote: »
    I ate a half of a gallon worth of ice cream two rows of Oreo cookies half a gallon of milk and a cheeseburger and just decided not to log in those calories on purpose lol. I just want to get back to staying consistent with my nutrition. Good thing I love to work out

I don't think I've ever expressed my ice cream consumption as portions of a gallon... I tip my hat to you, sir. Well done.

Lamest reason for eating ice cream ever: there's one (give or take) serving left in the tub and tonight is garbage night, so I want to get the empty container out in the garbage. Therefore, I eat ice cream!

Kind of annoyed because the nutrition content label only gives volume, not weight and I refuse to try and get ice cream in and out of a half-cup measure because it will get all melty in the process.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm hoarding calories for steak and a baked potato for dinner.

Yummy! My favorite meal. We're having steaks on Friday.
  • Francl27
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Cghost21 wrote: »

I don't think I've ever expressed my ice cream consumption as portions of a gallon... I tip my hat to you, sir. Well done.

Lamest reason for eating ice cream ever: there's one (give or take) serving left in the tub and tonight is garbage night, so I want to get the empty container out in the garbage. Therefore, I eat ice cream!

Kind of annoyed because the nutrition content label only gives volume, not weight and I refuse to try and get ice cream in and out of a half-cup measure because it will get all melty in the process.

Haha yeah it hurts to leave one serving of ice cream in a tub. Maybe you can find the weight of a serving online if it's a brand you can find in the US too?

I have a lame excuse too though... usually, on days when I'm hungry like today, I would just have had dinner at 4pm after picking up the kids. But my mom is visiting (she went out this afternoon though)... and nobody else will be home until 6pm... but she's going to give me s*** if I don't have dinner with them. So having dinner wasn't an option, and I went for a snack instead... which quickly degenerated into a 900 calories snack. And I still haven't had dinner (but I know I'll be hungry for it. Sigh. I'm already hungry again).

Let's say I really don't do well when I have to align my meal timing with others, because my hunger signals are always all over the place. It was already torture to wait until 12.30pm for lunch today.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    my foot (if I managed to attach this pic)os6wvyyvx4y0.jpg

I hope it feels 100% soon!!

Thanks, it is getting better, the bruise is much uglier, so that means it came up to the surface more and is now much less painful today.

Glad to hear it is improving because it looks painful. But, you still haven't told us what you did to earn that nasty injury! Just being nosy.

Umm... it is embarrasing. I was using my elyptical (the as a step to reach something, and the darn thing spun around and threw me off.

Absolutely something I would do. I've used cardio machines at the gym for countless years, but I'm still convinced that the reason my heart rate stays elevated is fear of falling off the machine. I'm a crooked walker, so I really have to watch myself on the treadmill. The first few weeks I did the step mill I didn't even call it a workout. It was "stumbling up the stairs for 30 min.".

Now I bought a new pair of ear buds that I like, but the cord is really long. It's just a matter of time before that gets wrapped onto something and a disaster ensues.

I've found that if I put the ear bud cord through my shirt sleeve and out the top of my shirt it helps with getting caught on stuff.

I do the same thing... but I put my ipod on my waistband and then run it under my shirt. Or it does get caught!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    Confession #1: I missed 3 entire days of this thread and skipped 20 pages so I could sort of catch up...I feel as if I've commited a crime. :(
    Confession #2: I purchased Ben and Jerry's Peanut Buttah Cookie Core Ice Cream last week...it's delicious! But I still have about half left, I just have two spoonfuls every night just to taste it, haha. Still feel guilty though. I really should quit feeling guilt when it comes to food.

40f871f5_ben-and-jerrys-peanut-buttah-cookie-core.xxxlarge.jpg

Oh my. I don't often want the food everyone posts on here...but this I want! LOVE peanut butter.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    3 of the swimsuits and the swimsuit cover came from Amazon yesterday. As soon as I walked in the door, I was asked to "model" them.

The first one I tried on barley covered my nipples and I feared my boob would pop out if I made any sudden movements. It was a really cute navy with white polka dots suit and it was my husband's favorite.

The second one was just like the one I found on Anthropologie's website, but it was a lot less expensive. I shimmied into it and had him tie the halter. It fit perfectly and made my butt look amazing. I was really excited.

The third one was a little strange. It was like a mini dress with a bikini bottom attached. The back was really cute and when I pulled the skirt down a little bit, it made my butt look amazing. The top where the two cups met was a little messed up or I probably would have kept it.

I am due to get the final one today. I am most excited about it. I hope this works. http://www.amazon.com/Cocoship-Vintage-Monokinis-Halter-Swimsuit/dp/B00TI5BMYG/ref=pd_sim_193_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1ZWTW24XMYZ5XAWWN296

My husband also said he was going to buy me another swimsuit cover.

Every day I get a little bit more excited about our trip. Especially now that I have at least one really cute swimsuit.

That suit is adorable. I would buy it. And a bikini! Why not???
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    Confession #1: I missed 3 entire days of this thread and skipped 20 pages so I could sort of catch up...I feel as if I've commited a crime. :(
    Confession #2: I purchased Ben and Jerry's Peanut Buttah Cookie Core Ice Cream last week...it's delicious! But I still have about half left, I just have two spoonfuls every night just to taste it, haha. Still feel guilty though. I really should quit feeling guilt when it comes to food.

40f871f5_ben-and-jerrys-peanut-buttah-cookie-core.xxxlarge.jpg

Oh my. I don't often want the food everyone posts on here...but this I want! LOVE peanut butter.

Me, too. I'm definitely going to look for this one.