Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• SWISHanes
    SWISHanes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day back to this site in over a year and half. Starting all over again and it sucks but I know it can be done.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    SWISHanes wrote: »
    Today is my first day back to this site in over a year and half. Starting all over again and it sucks but I know it can be done.

You got this!!!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm hoarding calories for steak and a baked potato for dinner.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 sure you do. :wink:
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm hoarding calories for steak and a baked potato for dinner.

Enjoy it! We're out of propane for our grill right now and I keep forgetting to buy it so we haven't had steak in ages and I'm jealous. I bartended my way through university at a steakhouse so I have developed a serious appreciation for a hunk of rare filet :)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @peleroja those are the ones I remember too.

@ythannah I watched them in the original airings as well. I had such a crush on Wheels!

@Glinda1971 I always think of Glinda the good witch when you post :) That's a good thing because she's awesome!

That's where my name comes from - my favourite character from my favourite movie when I was a kid. I thought she was beautiful.

She was pretty cool in the book too.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Arg.

I confess that I've been fighting getting readers for a few months now. About a year ago it was like a switch got flipped in my head. I suddenly couldn't read magazines, ingredients on packaging, and audits at work were giving me headaches.

Soooo I finally went and bought some $20 Foster Grant readers at the store...and it makes all the difference in the world. DAMMIT.

I had 20/16 vision growing up & through adulthood, but now at age 46 it's official...I'm the reader-perched-on-the-head-guy.

DAMMIT

Oh, I'm so resisting this myself! Exactly the same for me. I'm 43 but recently I struggle to read packaging and the names of the color on the bottom of nail polish. So far, I'm taking the approach that my eyes are not getting bad due to age, but the darn print is getting smaller! Solution: I carry a small magnifying glass in my purse. I'll resist buying readers for as long as I can. My whole life I've been the only person in my family with perfect eyesight. So depressing.

I admit I am 44 now and about 6 months ago I gave in and bought a pair of readers. It was a sad day but on the upside I have gotten some compliments on how well they suit me :)

51 and just bought my first pair to actually carry around with me in my purse. I've had a pair at home for the really fine stuff like pill bottles and threading needles for a couple of years.

I always thought people wearing readers looked so wise and knowledgeable, I'm not unhappy to join their ranks. And I have the perfect long nose to wear them, right at the end so I can still look over them. Lol.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Arg.

I confess that I've been fighting getting readers for a few months now. About a year ago it was like a switch got flipped in my head. I suddenly couldn't read magazines, ingredients on packaging, and audits at work were giving me headaches.

Soooo I finally went and bought some $20 Foster Grant readers at the store...and it makes all the difference in the world. DAMMIT.

I had 20/16 vision growing up & through adulthood, but now at age 46 it's official...I'm the reader-perched-on-the-head-guy.

DAMMIT

Oh, I'm so resisting this myself! Exactly the same for me. I'm 43 but recently I struggle to read packaging and the names of the color on the bottom of nail polish. So far, I'm taking the approach that my eyes are not getting bad due to age, but the darn print is getting smaller! Solution: I carry a small magnifying glass in my purse. I'll resist buying readers for as long as I can. My whole life I've been the only person in my family with perfect eyesight. So depressing.

I admit I am 44 now and about 6 months ago I gave in and bought a pair of readers. It was a sad day but on the upside I have gotten some compliments on how well they suit me :)

51 and just bought my first pair to actually carry around with me in my purse. I've had a pair at home for the really fine stuff like pill bottles and threading needles for a couple of years.

I always thought people wearing readers looked so wise and knowledgeable, I'm not unhappy to join their ranks. And I have the perfect long nose to wear them, right at the end so I can still look over them. Lol.

The final straw was after I had picked up a prescription for my son and when I got home I couldn't read the directions lol
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Arg.

DAMMIT

Definitely less aging using the glasses than squinting though. A guy I work with who is in his late 40s is always holding up his iPhone and squinting at it, makes him look older than he is.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Arg.

DAMMIT

My condolences. I've been fortunate in that I'm so severely nearsighted, my vision has actually been balancing out more towards normal as I age.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Anyone remember this confession?

No real time to catch up. I have a few confessions then I have to get to making my rounds.

#2- I totally have the hots for my co-worker/supervisor and I struggle with the moral dilemma of holding to my own personal code of ethics and keeping my feelings(lust) to myself.

Yeah...I'm totally dating my coworker/supervisor now....

We are doing well at keeping work and our outside social activities separate.

Judge me if you must, but it is not against policy and things are going great so far. Taking it day by day.

That being said, I can never go back to dating *kitten*. This man values my time, responds promptly to texts and phone calls, and makes me feel desirable and wanted. Now that I have had someone who treats me with respect and kindness, I can never go back to anything less.

That is awesome! Glad you found someone who treats you right!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Arg.

DAMMIT

The final straw was after I had picked up a prescription for my son and when I got home I couldn't read the directions lol

Mine was helping the SO pick out an OTC sinus medication and he hands me the bottle to check if it contains acetaminophen (which he's supposed to avoid) and I couldn't read the ingredients.

Is this why reading glasses are often stocked in the pharmacy area? Lol.

And the SO now has his own bifocals!
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I work in a workshop-type environment, with crafting supplies and very old machinery. If I'm alone at work I like to dance around for extra steps, and yesterday someone caught me dancing with the industrial stapler.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    For the last few years I've worn one contact lens for distance vision and one for near vision. The last few days, I've been wondering what I'll do now that my middle vision is crap, too!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Finally caught up! Rather than owning a page, and trying to find all the things to quote, a few thoughts:

I love how nice and supportive everyone is here.

Pink ladies are totally my preferred apple.

Totally skimmed the dog-poop eating stuff. I'm still recovering from having to clean a horrible vomit-diarrhea mess that happened after changing Wilbur's allergy medicine. Just thinking about dog-poop brings mental sights and smells that I'd really like to forget.

I love fantasy books and just started reading GoT. I'm bummed that the series isn't complete though - I thought it was :( I'm a binge reader and like to get through the full thing. I did the full Harry Potter series in a summer, and most of Wheel of Time. I still have the last two Wheel of Time books to finish - I binge read all of them up to that point and then he died! (Maybe I should confess that I am totally annoyed he didn't try to wrap up the series a little quicker - loved them but I feel like he was dragging it out on purpose.) LOR is OK, but not my favorite. Hobbit was one that was really hard for me to get into.

I'm jealous of all you good eyesight people. I've worn glasses/contacts since I was 10. I just had my check-up and I'm at 20/575 now.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Finally caught up! Rather than owning a page, and trying to find all the things to quote, a few thoughts:

Totally skimmed the dog-poop eating stuff. I'm still recovering from having to clean a horrible vomit-diarrhea mess that happened after changing Wilbur's allergy medicine. Just thinking about dog-poop brings mental sights and smells that I'd really like to forget.

I love fantasy books and just started reading GoT. I'm bummed that the series isn't complete though - I thought it was :( I'm a binge reader and like to get through the full thing. I did the full Harry Potter series in a summer, and most of Wheel of Time. I still have the last two Wheel of Time books to finish - I binge read all of them up to that point and then he died! (Maybe I should confess that I am totally annoyed he didn't try to wrap up the series a little quicker - loved them but I feel like he was dragging it out on purpose.) LOR is OK, but not my favorite. Hobbit was one that was really hard for me to get into.

I'm jealous of all you good eyesight people. I've worn glasses/contacts since I was 10. I just had my check-up and I'm at 20/575 now.

I read the Hobbit 6 months ago and was bored out of my mind.

Confession - cold and rainy here today and I was up at 4.30am and I feel like I've been eating all day. Will definitely be over again today. I swear I spend my days making up for the last day I went over...
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    I work in a workshop-type environment, with crafting supplies and very old machinery. If I'm alone at work I like to dance around for extra steps, and yesterday someone caught me dancing with the industrial stapler.

Hahaha! I'm sure you made their day!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Arg.

DAMMIT

Mine was helping the SO pick out an OTC sinus medication and he hands me the bottle to check if it contains acetaminophen (which he's supposed to avoid) and I couldn't read the ingredients.

Is this why reading glasses are often stocked in the pharmacy area? Lol.

And the SO now has his own bifocals!

The realization hit me one day at the grocery store when a very elderly man asked me what the expiration date was on a half gallon of milk. Without any hesitation I took it and thrust out my arm as far away from me as I could as I removed my sunglasses and said, "I think it says the 8th." I'm sure I looked just like he would have had he tried to read the date. Sad.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Confession: one of my main hesitations to buy reading glasses is that I have an affinity for expensive sunglasses. I wear them all the time and I'm guilty of not taking them off when I'm inside the grocery store or running various errands. Currently, I'm contemplating an awesomely fancy pair of purple Gucci shades that retail for $325.00.

Take those off to put on a pair of readers?! Hell no. I'll stick with my fancy shades and not be able to read. Vain.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

I've read all the books you mentioned and just finished Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind (there is a continuation of the series called the Richard and Kahlan Series). Now I'm reading the Green Rider Series by Kristen Britain, I'm a binge reader and a huge bookworm. Lol