Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    shannonbun wrote: »
    I went running outside for the first time today, cos y'know, I was feeling good about myself... while running through campus, someone yelled out of their car, "RUN, FAT GIRL!!" I wanted to flip off the chick who yelled so badly, but she was in a car, so obviously she got away.

Come say that to my face and we'll see just how fast you can run. Grrrrr...

I will never understand why people think it's okay or funny to make comments like that. I hope you don't let her deter you from running again.

My teenage daughter and I were on a walk today and got catcalls twice in a block. I despise that and almost feel threatened by it. I always have. I really DO feel threatened by the men who when I'm out for a jog or walk slow down and ask if I want a ride... no...that's why I'm on foot. Intentionally.

However - along the same line is a story that makes me laugh. When my dad was in his fifties he was mowing the lawn wearing shorts and a t-shirt. His legs were white - very white - he tans up well but his legs are hardly exposed. A car full of girls drove by and shouted Nice Tan at him... two things make this funny to me. (1) He's very hard of hearing so why did he hear that particular comment and (2) he went and bought self tanner for his legs not to be so white. My dad is a level-headed man who does not usually care about what people think of his legs. :wink:

Confession:
    I don't like being flirted with or "hit on" by a man unless I'm interested first. I think I've overcome part of this now, but when a man approaches me with a smile and starts to open his mouth to talk, I'll smile back, turn around and walk away. I've left places to not "potentially" be flirted with or asked out. I've left bars, bookstores, and other places. I am in a relationship with a wonderful man and I did do a number of dates from an online site before I met him, so I've gotten more practiced at dating. I was married 16 years, and before I was married I was the same way - I didn't like being approached or flirted with unless I was already interested. The funny part is, if I don't get a vibe that a man is interested then I love to meet and talk to people. I'll talk to anyone and everyone (unless I get that vibe, then I'm gone in a flash.)

Haahaa I get resentful when a guy expresses interest and I then have to turn him down. I feel bad for turning him down, but get really unreasonable narky at him at the same time, for putting me in a position where I have to say no and then feel guilty over it.
  • cassandrag93
    cassandrag93 Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm on a low carb diet (please don't say anything negative, my doctor recommended) and today at lunch I exceeded those carbs by far. Major disappointment. :/
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    I had two strips of bacon today. Got back from a 9k run and there they were, glistening sweetly in the pan, still warm.

My confession? I wanted five strips and had there been five I doubt I could have held myself back.

FATE oh please oh please don't tempt me with Greek lamb shoulder roast tomorrow. Oh, forget it, tempt me.
  • pleasepleaseno
    pleasepleaseno Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've relapsed completely into bulimia.
    I was clean about 8 months.
    My total time bulimic is 7 years.
    I afraid of dying
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,734 Member
    Options
    I always lick my plate clean :'(
  • glutenfreechic
    glutenfreechic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've just read some (two) of the recent and most commonly referred to threads mentioned lately in this thread. Oh. my. goodness!!!

How do I put this diplomatically? How about, an abundance of replies to a thread is not an indicator of success, perhaps this sums it up?

Unless of course we're talking about the confessions thread, now this actually IS a clever, interesting and successful thread. Worth reading and not just for gifs.

Also i would never eat a pancake that had been on an animal's head. Just sayin.
  • glutenfreechic
    glutenfreechic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I confess. That was judgey and I should probably feel bad about it.

"Should"
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I just want everyone who has read and thought of us and especially those of you who have commented on my daughter and her potential eating disorder....Thank you. A very heart-felt thank you. I scheduled a meeting with a nutritionist for late next month. Dr follow up is the same day.

Thank you also for your supportive words and helpful words and suggestions about my approach to parenting in this situation. I had a flawed role model so I think a lot and do my best and hope for the best. I tell her when I think I've made a mistake and apologize. She knows I love her.

This is a pretty cool group. I don't have many I can share this issue with. Thank you!

My sisters and I have an on going joke, we turned out so well as parents because we had good examples of what NOT to do.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    I'm on a low carb diet (please don't say anything negative, my doctor recommended) and today at lunch I exceeded those carbs by far. Major disappointment. :/

We don't judge. :smile: If the doctor put you on it, it must be for a reason.
    I won't worry about one meal of carbs, just get back on the horse and continue, you'll be fine.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Confession: I've relapsed completely into bulimia.
    I was clean about 8 months.
    My total time bulimic is 7 years.
    I afraid of dying

I'm sorry to hear this, can you get professional help at all?
    8 months is a good run! I recently quit smoking, i'm on about 2 & half months and going well.
    I'm not particularly knowledgeable on ED's but is this something you could just dust yourself off and keep going? Consider it a little stumble, but get up smiling and carry on as you were?
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Question to my fellow profuse-sweaters during cardio: what type of ear buds stay in the ear and don't fall out when you sweat, please??? I just use the standard Apple ones that come with the iPhone5 and I've gone through two pairs in the past 6 months. I use a towel when I'm on the machines, but I still seem to sweat enough that they slip out and then they stop working. The ones I have right now only work in the right ear and I need another pair. Help! What should I get?

I like the ones that hook or loop around the ear and a lot of them are now made to be sweat proof, or at least sweat resistant.

I have the same problem! I've given up buying expensive ones and now buy them at the pound store (dollar store equivalent). I'm currently trying different styles to see which are most comfortable, and the round apple style ones are the worst.
  • Lois_1989
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I picked up a couple of books that apparently have amazing reviews. Does anyone have anything to say about Stoner by John Williams and Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie?

And does anyone have any other books they'd like to recommend to me? I'm trying to get back into reading after a long hiatus.

Hey @FluffySandwich I would recommend the old classics. I love a classic. War of the Worlds is a good one, The Picture of Dorian Gray or Robinson Crusoe. Lord of the Flies is also good. I guess that's why they are called classics. lol
    However I am also a MASSIVE fan of Terry Pratchett, if you want a starter of Terry Pratchett I would go for The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents. Friggin HALARIOUS! It was my first ever Terry Pratchett and I still re-read to this day.
    If you want something enlightening, sad, but overall feel good 'The Five People you meet in Heaven' by Mitch Albom is good. Kind of puts a good perspective on death. Actually I would recommend this to everyone who reads this. Actually I think I might re-read it now.
    If you like something a bit more...taxing on the brain Ian Banks - The Wasp Factory is good. It's a bit, uh, odd, and ... disturbing? I don't know how to explain it, you will have to read the reviews, there is a good mixture on amazon, it depends on what you're in to.
    I'll read everything apart from modern day chick books, they just do not appeal to me.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    confession: it drives me absolutely nuts (ie. totally jealous) when ppl whine about NOT being able to eat 1,000 calories in a day. i never say anthing out of fear of being destroyed in the forums, but it's mind boggling to me. are you living on cotton-balls soaked in vinegar? what am i missing?! tell me how to not be hungry all the time!

I'll admit I have this issue sometimes (moreso when I was eating at 1200). :confused: And I do get very hungry around 9-10a/3pm and usually I'll either drink hot tea or just ignore it. Now I'm in maintenance and I have more calories to play with but I find myself still doing that. I'm working on adding snacks, but when I add in exercise I still don't net close to my goal.

I find it annoying because I am tired of being hungry, but I'm also terrified of packing the weight back on. I know I need to eat more to fuel the amount of cardio I do, but I just can't get past myself.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My gym partner is one of those "lucky" people that have always been naturally thin. She's taller than me, thinner than me and is naturally graceful in her movements. (I could be best described as "short & stocky" - there is nothing delicate or graceful about me lol.)

The other day I noticed that she is starting to put on weight, especially in her midsection (she is not pregnant lol).

My confession is that it made me a little happy. I bust my butt to try to lose weight and educate myself about my health, but she has never cared or watched what she eats and I think it is going to catch up with her eventually and she won't know how to change it. And I'll be the small one muahahahaha. I am terrible, I know.

Also, this is my 1000th post, on my 100th day of logging :smiley:

I feel like this with my sister. I love my sister, don't get me wrong. But she was always the super skinny one in the family and my mother doted on her when it came to clothes shopping while I was stuck wearing ugly *kitten*. Now she's married to a southern boy and eating that southern cooking. She's gained weight, I think she's around a size 12 and she's happy with herself and her body, but one milestone I was happy to make is when I started to wear smaller jean sizes than her.

I like being smaller than her. I think that was always a mini goal in the back of my mind...
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire large 2 toppings pizza by myself 2 hours after having dinner with my family
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

It's one meal, so treat it that way. Stick with it for dinner and reset tomorrow. Even if that knocks you out of keto, it will only be for a few hours. Remember 20 is the low end, so it's possible you didn't even fall out. I can go up to 40 or 50 and stay in, but I purposely keep mine at 22 for this exact reason. Once you find your number, it won't be so stressful.
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until tomorrow! The Easton Farmer's Market opens - the oldest continuous open-air farmer's market in the U.S. Of course, it isn't the veggies I am eager for, it is the fresh baked breads. I swear I'll be good. I'll do plenty of walking to find the perfect bread. I will take my time considering which loaf is the perfect one for me. I'll try to share it with my family. I won't cheapen it with store bought butter - I'll get it straight from the cow. It might be chilly in the morning, so I promise to warm the little darling before I eat it...

MMmmm....bread.

I may be obsessing...
  • Brinasacat
    Brinasacat Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I can't wait until tomorrow! The Easton Farmer's Market opens - the oldest continuous open-air farmer's market in the U.S. Of course, it isn't the veggies I am eager for, it is the fresh baked breads. I swear I'll be good. I'll do plenty of walking to find the perfect bread. I will take my time considering which loaf is the perfect one for me. I'll try to share it with my family. I won't cheapen it with store bought butter - I'll get it straight from the cow. It might be chilly in the morning, so I promise to warm the little darling before I eat it...

MMmmm....bread.

I may be obsessing...

Mmmmm, I can smell the fresh baked bread! I'm the same way with cheese.
  • BuckyArden33
    BuckyArden33 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    the amount of beer i drink some weekends sets me back a week
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    While eating dinner last night, I remembered that I had some leftover cheesecake in the fridge. I threw away half my plate of food just so I could eat half a slice of cheesecake. I'm so ridiculous sometimes.