Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    This is important.

jluwuxbmkaj2.jpg

As is this.

xcnal77jusaj.jpg

He passed both tests! :smiley:

There is also

b6728e0d8705e23c7585252197599b64.jpg
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    This is important.

jluwuxbmkaj2.jpg

As is this.

xcnal77jusaj.jpg

He passed both tests! :smiley:

There is also

Hahaha I like that last one!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm trying quite hard to not use pregnancy as an excuse to lapse into bad eating habits, but it is HARD. I never had any issue getting plenty of fruit and veg before, but most veg is turning my stomach at the moment. How has mankind evolved to be repulsed by the most healthy of foods at a time you would think good nutrition is critical!? Cheese and crackers and salty, salty crisps on the other hand, I can consume those by the bucket load.

This is probably why prenatal vitamins are important - just saying.
  • bkhamill
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Finally caught up! My confession is I've been drinking too much...every single day for quite awhile. I am making a commitment to not drink Monday through Thursday this week. Please think good thoughts for me!

ETA: A little embarrassed to admit this quasi publicly, but hoping admitting it on here will make me face reality. Since I know there are several of you that have admitted to stopping for good.

i want to give you massive *hugs* and heartfelt support for this!
    also, please don't be embarrassed, you are really not alone in this.

this is actually my goal for this week too. am i'm pretty sure after my most recent month long binge it's going to be pretty difficult. but i'm determined to at least give it a hardcore try this week.

even when it gets rough, don't give up!

Contest: Kelli vs Kyler... and GO! Just kidding, good luck to you both, the struggle is hard.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

[/quote]

There is also

[/quote]

That is hilarious! He's pretty calm when it comes to spider webs, but that could be because I usually walk through them first. :s

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I confess, I played a *kitten* gig on Saturday. Overall it was a success but damn did I have several brain farts. They want us for New Year's and everyone had a good time. Let's look at the positives.

Gig? What kind? Music? If so, what do you play? I have a few professional musicians in the family and my youngest son inherited the musical talent. He started playing drums in my uncle's band around town when he was 14. Curious to hear what your gig was!

80s/90s/2000s Rock some country. I play lead guitar, sing some lead, a lot of backup vocals. I started playing when I was around 12ish. Nowhere near professional. I've been playing in clubs/bars/festivals for around 20 years.

This is pretty cool.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I wonder how @Qn4bx9pzg8aifd is doing. She hasnt posted here in a long time
    ...annette_15, I just now saw this post, after having freshly posted my hot-off-the-presses 'treatise' on Italian-Buju's 'aghast-itudinousness' (<-- SO not a word! ;) ) regarding the culinary crime of pasta-icide (of all things!)...

I thank you ever so much for thinking of me...

Hahaha glad ur back!
  • bkhamill
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    I just walked by the local high school on my lunch break. Confession: so glad I'm years beyond high school. Question: did high school aged girls always look like hookers? The amazingly short shorts with crop tops/sport bras! Holy *kitten*-child, Batman!

are you serious ? calling young girls *kitten* and hookers?sexualizing them ...how nice

they can wear whatever they want just like any other girl or women

geezus

Was it the "absolutely" the "no" or the "judgment" that tripped you up?

Amen. And I agree about clothes, heck some things that 10yo girls wear make me shake my head sometimes.

Me too. And I seriously question their parents judgement.

Sometimes I wonder if their parents know how they're dressing. I've heard of kids wearing one outfit leaving home and changing at school.

I would do that in high school. Change in the back of the bus. But I don't remember it being that extreme. I had a catsuit that I would wear under ripped jeans (oh, the 90's!). My mom hated that catsuit. LOL

As well she should have. Really, a catsuit?! I think we all need to see pictures.

I don't think I have any. It was long-sleeved and flowered and zipped up the back. The cloth would show through the rips in the jeans. I thought I was pretty awesome in that. Wish I had the body I had then.

ETA: I feel like I should add this from Wikipedia: A catsuit is a close-fitting one-piece garment that covers the torso and the legs, and frequently the arms.[1] They are usually made from stretchable material, such as lycra, chiffon, spandex.

How did you use the restroom while wearing this thing?! This is why women go to restroom in pairs. :smiley:

Well, you didn't wait until the last minute, that's for sure!

I'm all about the jumpsuits right now and to pee, you have to undress to the waist and kind of sling it over one arm...let's just say I won't be wearing them to any festivals this year with any kind of port-o-potties because they are exceedingly difficult to keep off the floor.

Also, on the clothing note, I grew up in that part of the 90s where crop tops AND low-rise jeans were in style at the same time, so I'm just relieved that at least the trend now seems to be high-rise bottoms with the crop tops so you only see the upper half of the stomach. Way cuter.

I remember how bad I wanted a pair of low rise Levi's when their "belly button" commercials came out. Remember those?

Definitely! I also had a pair of super-low-rise jeans that had a LACE UP fly instead of a zipper or buttons...klassy klassy klassy. Looking back I cannot believe my mother let me out of the house in them as I think you could see my hipbones above the waistband. I definitely wore those to school though...

I had a pair of pants like that too. LOVED them. Christina Aguilera wore pants in a couple videos that laced up on the hips, and I wanted a pair so bad!

ETA: Although the fashion may be different, I suppose teenage girls are the same lol.

Right? I see them around and I'm mostly just relieved that there aren't visible g-strings like when I was their age. The leggings and crop tops are not nearly as offensive or revealing, thankfully. And I love that lots of very loose, flowy tops and dresses are trendy now. Way better than those painted-on ultra low-rise jeans and tube tops I loved...not to mention the platforms and huge wedge heels. I had a pair of six-inch wedge sandals that laced up my calves too about fifteen years ago...eesh. Ooh, and the huge chunky highlights on the flatironed hair.

I'm not even 30 yet so it's a little early for pearl-clutching but I seriously think teenagers today don't look nearly as, uh, trashy as my high school classmates did.

Oh ya, I forgot about that... I wasn't one to have my underwear hanging out, but there were lots of girls out like that. I guess I can no longer talk about "kids these days" when it comes to fashion choices :blush:

Oh ya, I forgot about that... I wasn't one to have my underwear hanging out, but there were lots of girls out like that. I guess I can no longer talk about "kids these days" when it comes to fashion choices :blush:

I remember girls used to pull their thong up on purpose so it was showing and the Head Teacher called a girls assembly in school to stop it from happening.

Ps. When I'm on this board I find myself constantly questioning if I should Americanize words cos a lot of you are from there. I've thought this about Mum/Mom, sunbeds/tanning beds, Head teacher/Principal, bum/butt, *kitten*/*kitten* and I'm sure there's more... B)

Jumper always got me. How does that equal sweater? LOL

I have a friend who got very irritated when I told him that every time he mentioned his "jumper," I was picturing him wearing one of these:
    funtasia-girls-reversible-red-christmas-plaid-jumper-dress-27.jpg

Nice.

I have to admit I had some of those jeans with the fold down button fly. I believe they were even acid wash with ankle zippers. I also, I'm sad to admit, had a pair of low rise skintight jeans that had no pockets but did have a huge attached faux belt. I wore these AFTER I had my daughter and I thought I looked hot. I looked ridiculous.

I'm glad I dress more classic and age appropriate now.

I'm 44 and my daughter is 16. We are just about exactly the same size (she's a bit more slender and a bit taller but same clothing and shoe size. We have different coloring and face shapes but people instantly know she's my daughter.) We very often look at each other in the morning and realize that we're matchy matchy. For example a blue knit v neck top, jeans, boots and hair in a ponytail. It makes me laugh and makes her stomp off to change. She's fairly conservative and classic in her dress and dresses up often. My work is often in a lab so jeans are often fine. I tell her that either I have good taste or she has horrible taste in clothes. She wears a summer dress that I bought 22 years ago and looks lovely in it. She took and kept some jeans, riding boots, pumps, and a few dresses. So my question: What is age appropriate and what is ageless?

I am a smaller size right now than I have been since before I had children (they are now 31.29 and 27 years old) I am discovering all kinds of new options in clothing and wonder at times if what I am putting on is age appropriate. Just today I was showing my daughter - the 27 year old some things I bought to wear on vacation next week and she said "Oh wow mom, we can share clothes now - well - after I have this baby anyway" and we both cracked up.

I think age appropriate is a term that can be over limiting. Certainly if your daughter is approving then it is fine. I think all ages can look good in similar clothes. I think all ages can look good in short or long hair. Perhaps quality and fit and cut are more important than an exact style.

Congrats on your good work. I'm sure you are looking great!

Thank you, I am feeling pretty proud of my accomplishment of going from a size 22 to a size 12 in less than a year.

Congratulations! That is amazing!

Thanks
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    This is good advice! Within weeks of meeting my SO we were lying on the sofa and as I got up I accidentally farted in his face. That has been his get out clause for all the disgusting smells he has produced in the last 7 years. We still love each other though. Farts and all.

After a while together, my SO told me he wished I'd fart so he'd feel comfortable farting around me.

I told him, with a perfectly straight face, that I don't fart. I do fart, probably more than he does -- I just casually walk over by one of the dogs first, who are well known for their flatulence (see previous excrement-eating post).

It's become a standing joke between us.

• Oberon21
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I am working out extra hard in order to earn some calories for lemon bars. I've already had one today.

Whatever motivates you! Sounds good to me. I have to go run off the 2 handfuls of M&Ms I ate today. :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

Hey, thanks! Going to have to jump in on that thread. This one is SO busy I tend to run out of time to check others and I miss some things.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Finally caught up! My confession is I've been drinking too much...every single day for quite awhile. I am making a commitment to not drink Monday through Thursday this week. Please think good thoughts for me!

ETA: A little embarrassed to admit this quasi publicly, but hoping admitting it on here will make me face reality. Since I know there are several of you that have admitted to stopping for good.

My husband and I both don't drink anymore. He actually had a problem with drinking for a while and started going to meetings/got a sponsor for it. I stopped mainly because I needed to support him and be respectful about not having it in the house. Even going out (without him) and coming home after drinks with friends was something I just wouldn't do. It was hard at first to completely cut it out...but so worth it in the end!! Good luck to you...you can do it! :)

Hang in there. It is tough!

After attempting to quit quite a few times, I finally did quit 3 1/2 years ago, and it was the best thing I ever did. BEST. THING. EVER. (Lots of people can drink without issues. It was becoming a problem for me.)

My wife quit as well, mainly to support me, and went almost 2 years. She started working wine back into the picture over the last year +. I've got no problem with this - I hate wine. (However, I luvvvv bourbon!)

Every now and then she'll wake up on Saturday morning with a hangover and be quite jealous of me as I go out the door for a 5 mile run at 9:30 am!

Tell her if she goes with you she can 'sweat off' the alcohol. I have done that a few times in the past. She'll feel better the rest of the day!

I continue to not quite make it work on the no drinking, but I have substantially cut back. I no longer drink every night, usually not at all during the week, and drink a lot less on weekends. My only trigger continues to be going out with friends or being with family (but I am getting repetitive on this one so just going to keep working on it silently to not be boring!).
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Hey, thanks! Going to have to jump in on that thread. This one is SO busy I tend to run out of time to check others and I miss some things.

You aren't missing anything. I was waiting for some info earlier and ventured out to read some others.
    Just a lot of arguments about sugar and why I'm a loser if I overeat stuff that tastes good.
  • kingskid207
    kingskid207 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    This is more advice than a confession: Don't cry in your Goggles when you go swimming, tears sting a lot when they go back into your eyes.

Why were you crying I hear you ask? I weighed myself this morning. I weigh exactly the same amount as I weighed back in February. I'm beginning to think this is all a big waste of my time. I work out 6 hours a week and eat a 890 calorie deficit a day. I don't know what else to do...

I'm sorry! :'(
    I agree with the advice below-actually try to eat a bit more for a while maybe. I've actually gotten stuck at a weight before and just started eating normally for a while and then cut back again and the weight started coming off. It's worth a try since nothing seems to be working...

Don't be too sad though. I am still 6 lbs more because of my over-eating (last weekend was a disaster). I wish I had stayed the same weight.

I'm sorry, too. I do, however, feel a similar pain to yours: I've read quite a few online blogs and 'Before & After' stories where women simply stop eating carbs, or give up sugary treats, no exercise at all, and drop ridiculous amounts of weight. I've eaten a very clean 11-1200 calories daily, hit the weight room hard, even took up tire flipping and tire dragging, upped my water intake to 3 litres per day, and in 54 days have dropped a few measly pounds. I'm sending you a hug, and this may not be much consolation but think of the good habits you've formed since February, think of where you were in Feb 2014 compared to Feb 2015 when you started. I believe that changes are definitely around the corner! Don't get sucked into instant gratification (though it's been months). Please hang in there, and know that your good behavior will yield stellar results. Please don't give up....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »

You are so not judged. I'm thinking about (not yet committed to ) a dry June. Yes, it is a big enough of a deal to not drink for an entire month for me but June is my worst month. My dad died 3 years ago on his and my mother's 43rd wedding anniversary, right after Father's Day. I tend to drink and cry from one to the other. I try to keep that as discrete as possible (the drinking, not the crying ) so I'm not a super horrible example to my kids but seriously, it is excessive and it needs to stop.

You are not alone. Many people struggle with cutting back on drinking.

I am sorry for your loss. My father died right after 4th of july 1990 and I still morn him. He was a shot and a beer guy and drank every night before he went to bed. I toast him with a shot and a beer on 4th of july and on his birthday in October. It makes me feel better to keep this ritual in his memory.

My dad died 26 years ago this June, 3 days before my parents wedding annivesary and again, right after Father's Day. Still miss him every day.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Started having intense belly pains this morning and went to the ER... Found out after 6 hours that it's ovarian cysts... one is 1.7 inch and the other 1.3 inch. I guess it explains why I gain water when I ovulate and only lose it after my period. Yikes. But the first thing I did when I got home, once I was sure it wasn't a digesting issue, is have some streak and broccoli... and a big bowl of ice cream and two cookies. But I still have 1100 calories left today.

And really hoping the pain doesn't come back.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

You aren't missing anything. I was waiting for some info earlier and ventured out to read some others.
    Just a lot of arguments about sugar and why I'm a loser if I overeat stuff that tastes good.

I'm really not crazy about the new trend that's popped up this week: if you can't quote your doctor word for word, your doctor is an idiot and you should fire them immediately, because forum posters know what's best.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »

You are so not judged. I'm thinking about (not yet committed to ) a dry June. Yes, it is a big enough of a deal to not drink for an entire month for me but June is my worst month. My dad died 3 years ago on his and my mother's 43rd wedding anniversary, right after Father's Day. I tend to drink and cry from one to the other. I try to keep that as discrete as possible (the drinking, not the crying ) so I'm not a super horrible example to my kids but seriously, it is excessive and it needs to stop.

You are not alone. Many people struggle with cutting back on drinking.

I am sorry for your loss. My father died right after 4th of july 1990 and I still morn him. He was a shot and a beer guy and drank every night before he went to bed. I toast him with a shot and a beer on 4th of july and on his birthday in October. It makes me feel better to keep this ritual in his memory.

Thanks. I am sorry for your loss as well. I'm not sure that it ever gets easier. It hasn't so far anyway. .. I think that is a great way to remember your Dad. Very fitting. :)