Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm on page 721 but I have an awesome NSV!!

I ran my third half marathon today and I came in 45/885 runners and 2nd in my age group!

I also ran my best time!

Omg that is fantastic! You are a rock star!
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    So I mentioned earlier that the swimsuit I wanted was sold out. My husband felt bad so he went on Amazon and picked out 4 similar suits and ordered them for me. My confession, I don't deserve such a fantastic man, I'm just glad he doesn't know that. ;)

What a guy!!!

I second that statement. Can we clone him?
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I ate a pint of haggendauz dulce la leche Thursday night. A full pint.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Oh ya, I forgot about that... I wasn't one to have my underwear hanging out, but there were lots of girls out like that. I guess I can no longer talk about "kids these days" when it comes to fashion choices :blush:

I remember girls used to pull their thong up on purpose so it was showing and the Head Teacher called a girls assembly in school to stop it from happening.

Ps. When I'm on this board I find myself constantly questioning if I should Americanize words cos a lot of you are from there. I've thought this about Mum/Mom, sunbeds/tanning beds, Head teacher/Principal, bum/butt, *kitten*/*kitten* and I'm sure there's more... B)

We've talked about that before! I love when y'all don't Americanize words!! It's so fun learning about other cultures and people. Plus I like when the British people do it so I can test my knowledge and if I don't know I always get s kick out of asking my boyfriend what the word means :)

Same here! I think everyone should use the words and terminology according to their culture or heritage or region, whatever. I learn a lot of new things that way!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Oh ya, I forgot about that... I wasn't one to have my underwear hanging out, but there were lots of girls out like that. I guess I can no longer talk about "kids these days" when it comes to fashion choices :blush:

I remember girls used to pull their thong up on purpose so it was showing and the Head Teacher called a girls assembly in school to stop it from happening.

Ps. When I'm on this board I find myself constantly questioning if I should Americanize words cos a lot of you are from there. I've thought this about Mum/Mom, sunbeds/tanning beds, Head teacher/Principal, bum/butt, *kitten*/*kitten* and I'm sure there's more... B)

We've talked about that before! I love when y'all don't Americanize words!! It's so fun learning about other cultures and people. Plus I like when the British people do it so I can test my knowledge and if I don't know I always get s kick out of asking my boyfriend what the word means :)

Same here! I think everyone should use the words and terminology according to their culture or heritage or region, whatever. I learn a lot of new things that way!
    Australian English is the best! I spent a year down under when I was a lot younger and loved all the expressions.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I ran my third half marathon today and I came in 45/885 runners and 2nd in my age group!

I also ran my best time!

Hey that's awesome congrats!!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I have to confess I don't own a single thong/g-string. I don't find them comfortable at all. To be fair I think I need to go shopping for some sexier underwear. Mine are all polka dots and boy shorts :|

I just went from granny panties to bikinis, lol. Forget thongs for me!

Once I made the switch to things I never went back. I have a round butt and everything ends up there anyway. I only wear thongs now. Much more comfortable.

Same here. I sleep in boy shorts, though.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    @noaddedsugarx THANK YOU! That is such a nice thing of you to say!

I love your new pic! You are so very pretty.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    crfischer4 wrote: »
    I would just like to take a moment and send out a heartfelt thank you to whomever the wonderful person was who began this thread. I've read 10 of the 700+ pages and I've laughed so much that I cried. The bible says laughter is as good as medicine so I should be healthy for the rest of my life! I've also learned A LOT! Also, I would like to thank all the ladies and gents who have taken the time and mustered up the courage to post some of their confessions here; I wish you all the best as you (we) walk through our struggles. Remember: try to find the positive in the crappiest situations, make lemonade when you're dealt a lemon, and you have waaaaay more depth to you than you give yourself credit for! Be encouraged!!!

Well, when you get to page 718, WELCOME!

By the times she gets to 718 we will be on 1000+

I'm not even going to try and read back. My friend loves this thread so I'm going to try and pay more attention to it. You all crack me up.

Do we know this friend? Or is said friend a lurker, not a poster?

I think you may know the friend. ;)
    You're recruiting others to the ranks?! Good job!

She was a hard sell but she finally drank the Kool-aid.

Not sure if that's an international expression or not.
    Well, I'm an ex-pat Brit in Canada, who also grew up in a religion for which ex-members use that term. So I understand it. I actually explained it to my kids the other day.

You are so cool.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Here are my official results. :grin:

oyq01g95gbhp.jpg
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I would just like to take a moment and send out a heartfelt thank you to whomever the wonderful person was who began this thread. I've read 10 of the 700+ pages and I've laughed so much that I cried. The bible says laughter is as good as medicine so I should be healthy for the rest of my life! I've also learned A LOT! Also, I would like to thank all the ladies and gents who have taken the time and mustered up the courage to post some of their confessions here; I wish you all the best as you (we) walk through our struggles. Remember: try to find the positive in the crappiest situations, make lemonade when you're dealt a lemon, and you have waaaaay more depth to you than you give yourself credit for! Be encouraged!!!

I'm not even going to try and read back. My friend loves this thread so I'm going to try and pay more attention to it. You all crack me up.

Well, I'm an ex-pat Brit in Canada, who also grew up in a religion for which ex-members use that term. So I understand it. I actually explained it to my kids the other day.

You are so cool.
    I KNOW, I AM!
    (Can I tell my children you said that? They think I'm the most uncool and embarrassing mother on the planet. My daughter literally pats me on the head and says "You're so cute")
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

You are so cool.
    I KNOW, I AM!
    (Can I tell my children you said that? They think I'm the most uncool and embarrassing mother on the planet. My daughter literally pats me on the head and says "You're so cute")

Could be worse. Mine pats my head and sings, "mommy's head is a bongo"
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I got new glasses that I think are really super cute! I have been wearing them a week and not one single person has noticed. Sad face.

I'm sure they notice something different about you, but aren't sure what. That's a good thing - it means that they see YOU and not just glasses and that they are complimenting your face.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    So first we talk of how high school girls are *kitten* for dressing like their music idols then we speak of how we wished we could have dressed more like our slutty idols. No judgements here right.

Ohhhh I dressed slutty in my time. I don't have much in the boob dept so there wasn't any point showing cleavage, but I do have long legs so I put as much of those on display as I could. Easy enough when you're tall and most skirts end up considerably shorter anyway.

And I attracted the wrong guys. For the wrong reasons. But I was pretty messed up, with rock-bottom self esteem, so any attention was better than none. In fact, attracting attention for the wrong reasons felt safer than exposing my Real Self to scrutiny.

No judgment. Just hindsight.

I have worn my fair amount of scandalous ish and my mom had no problem with it. I remember one time she came home from the store so excited. She had found me a cute pair of green plaid shorts. I put them on, they did not even cover my non existant butt, I asked my mom if we were so poor that I need to work the corner. She laughed. I laughed. I miss my mom.

Awww, that's funny and cute and sad.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I also ran my best time!

Awesome!!!
    So I mentioned earlier that the swimsuit I wanted was sold out. My husband felt bad so he went on Amazon and picked out 4 similar suits and ordered them for me. My confession, I don't deserve such a fantastic man, I'm just glad he doesn't know that. ;)

Oh wow. So they do exist?

We went to Red Lobster. Cheddar Biscuit - 2, Fran - 0.

Also increased my goal because heck. I'm almost never under anymore, and it's still a small deficit, so whatever. At least I shouldn't be in the red today now.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Here are my official results. :grin:

oyq01g95gbhp.jpg

Way to go!!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    I just walked by the local high school on my lunch break. Confession: so glad I'm years beyond high school. Question: did high school aged girls always look like hookers? The amazingly short shorts with crop tops/sport bras! Holy *kitten*-child, Batman!

are you serious ? calling young girls *kitten* and hookers?sexualizing them ...how nice

they can wear whatever they want just like any other girl or women

geezus

Was it the "absolutely" the "no" or the "judgment" that tripped you up?

Amen. And I agree about clothes, heck some things that 10yo girls wear make me shake my head sometimes.

Me too. And I seriously question their parents judgement.

Sometimes I wonder if their parents know how they're dressing. I've heard of kids wearing one outfit leaving home and changing at school.

I would do that in high school. Change in the back of the bus. But I don't remember it being that extreme. I had a catsuit that I would wear under ripped jeans (oh, the 90's!). My mom hated that catsuit. LOL

As well she should have. Really, a catsuit?! I think we all need to see pictures.

I don't think I have any. It was long-sleeved and flowered and zipped up the back. The cloth would show through the rips in the jeans. I thought I was pretty awesome in that. Wish I had the body I had then.

ETA: I feel like I should add this from Wikipedia: A catsuit is a close-fitting one-piece garment that covers the torso and the legs, and frequently the arms.[1] They are usually made from stretchable material, such as lycra, chiffon, spandex.

How did you use the restroom while wearing this thing?! This is why women go to restroom in pairs. :smiley:

Well, you didn't wait until the last minute, that's for sure!

I'm all about the jumpsuits right now and to pee, you have to undress to the waist and kind of sling it over one arm...let's just say I won't be wearing them to any festivals this year with any kind of port-o-potties because they are exceedingly difficult to keep off the floor.

Also, on the clothing note, I grew up in that part of the 90s where crop tops AND low-rise jeans were in style at the same time, so I'm just relieved that at least the trend now seems to be high-rise bottoms with the crop tops so you only see the upper half of the stomach. Way cuter.

I remember how bad I wanted a pair of low rise Levi's when their "belly button" commercials came out. Remember those?

Definitely! I also had a pair of super-low-rise jeans that had a LACE UP fly instead of a zipper or buttons...klassy klassy klassy. Looking back I cannot believe my mother let me out of the house in them as I think you could see my hipbones above the waistband. I definitely wore those to school though...

I had a pair of pants like that too. LOVED them. Christina Aguilera wore pants in a couple videos that laced up on the hips, and I wanted a pair so bad!

ETA: Although the fashion may be different, I suppose teenage girls are the same lol.

Right? I see them around and I'm mostly just relieved that there aren't visible g-strings like when I was their age. The leggings and crop tops are not nearly as offensive or revealing, thankfully. And I love that lots of very loose, flowy tops and dresses are trendy now. Way better than those painted-on ultra low-rise jeans and tube tops I loved...not to mention the platforms and huge wedge heels. I had a pair of six-inch wedge sandals that laced up my calves too about fifteen years ago...eesh. Ooh, and the huge chunky highlights on the flatironed hair.

I'm not even 30 yet so it's a little early for pearl-clutching but I seriously think teenagers today don't look nearly as, uh, trashy as my high school classmates did.

Jumper always got me. How does that equal sweater? LOL

I have a friend who got very irritated when I told him that every time he mentioned his "jumper," I was picturing him wearing one of these:
    funtasia-girls-reversible-red-christmas-plaid-jumper-dress-27.jpg

Nice.

I have to admit I had some of those jeans with the fold down button fly. I believe they were even acid wash with ankle zippers. I also, I'm sad to admit, had a pair of low rise skintight jeans that had no pockets but did have a huge attached faux belt. I wore these AFTER I had my daughter and I thought I looked hot. I looked ridiculous.

I'm glad I dress more classic and age appropriate now.
    I try not to. Look at the shoes my sister bought me when she was in the UK last week. I love them an inordinate amount.
    cmze02b37a1e.jpg

Those are really cute. They'd go with so many things!

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

What a guy!!!

I second that statement. Can we clone him?

Knock yourself out. Let me know how that works out for you. :smile: He's not without flaws though. His flatulence can clear full rooms and he tends to be a workaholic. He is a perfectionist so when he sets a goal, he'll do whatever it takes to reach it. That's both a gift and curse.

God definitely knew what He was doing when He molded that guy. I'm just incredibly humbled He chose me for him. *I'm not crying.

To all you singles out there, DO NOT SETTLE! You deserve someone that thinks the world of you and will do whatever it takes to make you feel like the most important person in their life. If they don't, move on. Luckily, God practically dropped my honey in lap. He knew I was lazy. :smiley:
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I got married once.
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I put my former *kitten* roommates jeans in the dryer after she washed them and laid them out to air dry. After they were properly shrunken, I laid them back in place.

Bahahaha!!
    evilest.gif

Pure evil here! LOL!!!