Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Does anyone binge on "walking dead" ? I think me and my daughter have a million times lol mostly my daughter , she controls the remote.

Totally! It's one of my favorite shows. I watch every episode as it airs, and then when they go on hiatus, I binge-watch all the seasons at some point so I can get my fix :)

I'm doing that right now. When the most recent season ended, my husband and I started watching from the beginning. We're currently on season 4. Love that show so much. I now want a samurai sword so I can be a badass zombie slayer like Michonne. B)

I have a sword on my Amazon wish list specifically for this purpose :) However, I'm fairly certain that in the event of an actual zombie apocalypse, I will either a) step out of my house strapped to the hilt with weapons and a kicka$$ attitude only to be bitten 10 seconds later; or b) I will be Otis - too slow to run away and left behind as walker bait.

That made me laugh. Otis was only walker bait because Shane was a piece of human garbage and sacrificed him to save his own sorry butt. I'm glad Rick took him out. Too bad he was a zombie when it happened.

Very true. Interesting that Rick has kind of been turning into Shane lately, no? I hope that the reappearance of Morgan and his zen attitude will bring Rick back from the edge a little.

Yeah, Rick has kind of lost it. So has Shasha. She's bonkers now. This is really mean and I feel terrible for saying it, but I wish Carl would just die already. I'm surprised he's still around.

I'm glad Glen made it. :smile:

Glen is the only character left that I really like :/

I LOVE GLEN!!! But how do you not like Daryl or Carol?! They'd definitely be in my zombie apocalypse traveling gang.

I cannot STAND Daryl.....Carol I feel indifferent about

The thread has definitely moved on by now, but I have to say Daryl is amazing, I love Daryl, if he dies, for me, TWD is over! Also love kick-*kitten* Carol!

I feel the same about Daryl. I think I would truly be heartbroken if he died. :(

Yep, if Daryl dies, we riot!!! I am hoping Rick comes back from the Shane direction he is going. Maybe Morgan can do that. I was very excited to see him in the last couple of episodes. I am very interested in seeing the spin off this summer about the beginning of the ZA and how it progressed.

Why am I just now hearing about this?! What is it called and when does it start?! I need this in my life to get me through to the next season. After I finish rewatching all the previous seasons, of course.

I am the geek that DVR's Talking Dead after the show and get all this info!! It is called Fear the Walking Dead and it is supposed to start this summer. It is supposed to be on the other side of the country and the time frame will follow from the beginning of the outbreak and follow through up until (and probably past) the time Rick came out of the hospital. All that stuff we didn't see at the beginning of the Walking Dead.

It's taking place in LA. Part of me is excited for this new series because it still involves Kirkman and Gimple so I know the storytelling will be excellent. The other part of me isn't...because I like the unknown aspect of The Walking Dead. The 'what happened?' 'how did everyone get this way but other people didn't' 'is it global or just a North America type issue where the rest of the world has abandoned us?'... it's a little more fun to not know lol.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Does anyone binge on "walking dead" ? I think me and my daughter have a million times lol mostly my daughter , she controls the remote.

Totally! It's one of my favorite shows. I watch every episode as it airs, and then when they go on hiatus, I binge-watch all the seasons at some point so I can get my fix :)

I'm doing that right now. When the most recent season ended, my husband and I started watching from the beginning. We're currently on season 4. Love that show so much. I now want a samurai sword so I can be a badass zombie slayer like Michonne. B)

I have a sword on my Amazon wish list specifically for this purpose :) However, I'm fairly certain that in the event of an actual zombie apocalypse, I will either a) step out of my house strapped to the hilt with weapons and a kicka$$ attitude only to be bitten 10 seconds later; or b) I will be Otis - too slow to run away and left behind as walker bait.

That made me laugh. Otis was only walker bait because Shane was a piece of human garbage and sacrificed him to save his own sorry butt. I'm glad Rick took him out. Too bad he was a zombie when it happened.

Very true. Interesting that Rick has kind of been turning into Shane lately, no? I hope that the reappearance of Morgan and his zen attitude will bring Rick back from the edge a little.

Yeah, Rick has kind of lost it. So has Shasha. She's bonkers now. This is really mean and I feel terrible for saying it, but I wish Carl would just die already. I'm surprised he's still around.

For me it is Daryl....he is wicked with the crossbow, can survive in the woods, kill and cook me dinner, and has a soft spot for those that are loyal to him (Carol and Beth). He is also easy on the eyes! I love him (Norman Reedus) in the movie "The Boondock Saints".

I miss Beth. My jaw hit the floor the way she went out. I thought she and Daryl were going to hook up before she was taken.

*Makes a note to add The Boondock Saints to Netflix queue. :wink:

One of my top 25 films. Just don't watch the second one..it's horrible.

I've seen it, I just totally forgot Norman Reedus was in it. Not sure how I forgot this, but I did. I will go home TONIGHT and watch the crap out of this movie! :smile:
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

I LOVE GLEN!!! But how do you not like Daryl or Carol?! They'd definitely be in my zombie apocalypse traveling gang.

The thread has definitely moved on by now, but I have to say Daryl is amazing, I love Daryl, if he dies, for me, TWD is over! Also love kick-*kitten* Carol!

I feel the same about Daryl. I think I would truly be heartbroken if he died. :(

Yep, if Daryl dies, we riot!!! I am hoping Rick comes back from the Shane direction he is going. Maybe Morgan can do that. I was very excited to see him in the last couple of episodes. I am very interested in seeing the spin off this summer about the beginning of the ZA and how it progressed.

Why am I just now hearing about this?! What is it called and when does it start?! I need this in my life to get me through to the next season. After I finish rewatching all the previous seasons, of course.

I am the geek that DVR's Talking Dead after the show and get all this info!! It is called Fear the Walking Dead and it is supposed to start this summer. It is supposed to be on the other side of the country and the time frame will follow from the beginning of the outbreak and follow through up until (and probably past) the time Rick came out of the hospital. All that stuff we didn't see at the beginning of the Walking Dead.

It's taking place in LA. Part of me is excited for this new series because it still involves Kirkman and Gimple so I know the storytelling will be excellent. The other part of me isn't...because I like the unknown aspect of The Walking Dead. The 'what happened?' 'how did everyone get this way but other people didn't' 'is it global or just a North America type issue where the rest of the world has abandoned us?'... it's a little more fun to not know lol.

I dunno, every zombie pic/book/story leaves how it started up in the air. I'd really like one to delve into how it started - if man-made, then watching the story of those in the know as they come to grips with what they caused would be fascinating. If it's supernatural, then that opens up a whole new can of worms & would be a very interesting story thread to pursue.

That's just me, I love ZA fiction - but I'd be very interested to see another facet of the genre.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    I confess that I was extremely happy to see so many more posts to read this morning!!!!!

On another note, it was unbelievably awesome to run into my ex's girlfriend yesterday. She is a lot bigger than me. I got a perverse inner chuckle to hear him say to her that he should never have left me for her... when we broke up i was extremely overweight and she was a twig

Catty and bitchy I know but mwahahahaha sucked in

Ah, gotta love Karma, right? That is awesome. Not catty and bitchy - completely normal.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

For me it is Daryl....he is wicked with the crossbow, can survive in the woods, kill and cook me dinner, and has a soft spot for those that are loyal to him (Carol and Beth). He is also easy on the eyes! I love him (Norman Reedus) in the movie "The Boondock Saints".

I miss Beth. My jaw hit the floor the way she went out. I thought she and Daryl were going to hook up before she was taken.

*Makes a note to add The Boondock Saints to Netflix queue. :wink:

One of my top 25 films. Just don't watch the second one..it's horrible.

catch a super young norman reedus in Blade 2

Was he the little douchey backstabber?! If so, then I totally remember him in that!

• tulips_and_tea
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    StapfJ wrote: »
    My 10 yo dog started limping a few days ago. I took her to the vet. I spent $550 and he told me she needs ACL surgery. That's another $2,500. He said there is a greater than 70% chance she will have to have the other leg done too..... that's at least $2,500 more.

I'm having a really hard time with it. I love her but that is a TON of money. I feel like a horrible owner, but I keep thinking about how I can find a way to not do it.

She's not in "that" much pain, but she is not that great either - just kind of quiet.

I'm trying to justify it in my head even though I know I'm supposed to just do the surgery. I'm so bummed.

I, for one, don't think you're a horrible owner. Vet bills are expensive and although we love our pets like family, everyone has their limit financially. My dog got cancer in October. I couldn't justify paying for chemo (not that I would've had a chance anyway, she deteriorated so quickly). Some people have/find the money to make it work but others can't. From your picture I assume you have a family, so of course you have to have money to provide for them.

As for cheaper options, would a vet school in your area do the surgery for a lower price?

I agree with this as well. Don't beat yourself up. Just make the best decision you can and move forward. Good luck!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I start my new job on Wednesday and I'm super excited cause all I've done the last four months is exercise, try to find a job, and watch tv/read.

Congratulations! Let us know how it goes!

Thanks! I will :)

Yes, congratulations and I'd love to hear how it goes as well!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    After all the vehicle talk, since I've started driving my daily driver has usually been at least 10 years old. Still miss my old 92 Dakota that got totaled. Right now it's an 03 Wrangler with a 5 speed and I commute 45 miles/day, but it's paid for, dirt cheap to insure and repair and a blast to drive with the top/doors off....even in the rain.

Sounds like fun! I'd drive it until it dies.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

We don't have cable so we've watched on Netflix or Amazon Prime. I'm not sure if I want to know how it all started. A part of me does, and a part of me doesn't. Wonder if this will be available on Amazon Prime too?

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

We don't have cable so we've watched on Netflix or Amazon Prime. I'm not sure if I want to know how it all started. A part of me does, and a part of me doesn't. Wonder if this will be available on Amazon Prime too?

The CDC doc kinda broke it down for us, but we never saw the progression. I think that would be interesting to see how fast it went and how people reacted to it.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Rashmi411 wrote: »
    I am now 170lbs I spent 2 years going from 191 to 123. I had the help of a fabulous online trainer. I ate 2 cinnabons yesterday with at least 64 grams of carbs each. My exercise has been off. I;ve been feeling sad that my ex died. My current boyfriend calls me names. We broke up when I was 135lbs. I started going out with him again at 151. He calls me fatty or fat *kitten*, thunder thighs. I know I am responsible for my weight. My exercising was so strong when I lost weight the first time. Many days I get hungry and eat over the limit. My preparation isn't the best. Plus I am drinking 2-3 glasses of water. I know I can turn this around. My fitnesspal helped me once but its so easy to gain weight back. The biggest thing I've said is I'll start tomorrow. That's BS. I will not say that again to let me be unhealthy today. I got this...

Sorry you are going through all this. You can get healthy again.

But...you deserve way better! Take care of yourself. Don't let other people talk down to you.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I've never watched TWD. I tend to get nightmares when I watch zombie stuff... Although I do love Shaun of the Dead. Maybe this thread will inspire me to check it out.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    Confession: I never log the butter I put on my english muffin on the days that I can actually get breakfast... I just don't go overboard and shrug off the whatever-calories it was since I'm usually under my goal anyway.

If you don't slather it on, you probably aren't adding to many calories anyways. I grew up with margarine and was surprised that butter wasn't that high in calories.

I log my butter, but I don't measure. I just don't go crazy with it.

Day 4 of dogsitting. My aunt won't be back from vacation until Friday, but then she has to go out of town for work (conveniently, the same place where her son lives, so she'll get to see her grandkids) so I have to stay until Sunday. She did not ask me if I would stay the weekend; she did not tell me about the workshop until I asked why I had to stay the extra days. Not that I would have said no, but the courtesy of asking would have been nice.

I had to bring my own food because my aunt lives alone. If I had to survive on what she has, I'd be eating oatmeal, cereal, and American cheese for ten days. She doesn't clean out her refrigerator (or the rest of her house, really); let's just say there are plenty of expired items in it.

But I'm over this. Dog hair is everywhere, even the bathroom. The dogs get me up 5-5:30 every morning to go out and be fed. Not really a big deal. It's being woken up every two hours afterward to let them out that's annoying. If I ignore them, the yorkie will do his business in the house, without question. The other dogs (shepherd mix and Jack Russell mix) won't do that. The yorkie is such a whiner and licks EVERYTHING. It is disgusting. He is so annoying. The other dogs are fine most of the time.

I want my own house, bed, and cat that doesn't have to be let outside and doesn't lick everything. /rant

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Put on another pound this week. I was so confident I had lost weight this week, yesterday after going to the gym for 40min at lunch AND going for a 30min run/walk when I got home I thought I would indulge myself in a 3 scoops of Ben and Jerry's... now I wish I hadn't. I know its not entirely Mr Ben and Mr Jerry's fault, but I just kinda wish I hadn't done it now. I have now put on 2lbs in two weeks, and after a month of eating 1400 calories a day and not losing anything, I have decided to lower it down to 1200 calories. If that doesn't work I'm thoroughly confused.

Have you thought about going up a few hundred instead of down? As crazy as it may seem, it sounds like you aren't taking in enough calories and your body is trying to hoard, slow down, reserve.
  • Kevintron2
    Kevintron2 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I invite everyone here to also participate in Healty4Life for additional support and encouragement. We are very casual so pretty much anything is up for discussion with exception to the promotion or solicitation of products or services.

Click here to visit us at Healthy4Life!
  • Lefty1290
    Options
    I have super athletic legs, a fat belly, and average looking arms.

Ugh, yes. I wish my belly would go awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
  • Lefty1290
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I've never watched TWD.

Me neither. I've never seen Breaking Bad, either.

• xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I've never watched TWD.

Me neither. I've never seen Breaking Bad, either.

Neither had we, and then we started bingewatching it. Finished the entire series in like 2 weeks. SO AWESOME

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I was walking on the treadmill on the front row earlier just to cool down for 5 mins after my elliptical workout, and i let out a REALLY smelly one by accident. I bet the guy on the treadmill behind me was very unhappy...oops

I was playing golf with hubby and two adult sons Saturday and when I teed off on one hole a very loud one escaped at the moment I made contact with the ball. My sons have been giving me crap about it since. Saying I "ripped that one" and "that hit was gas powered" - the shot was pretty amazing LOL.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    ethim wrote: »
    It's stupid o'clock in the morning I have insomnia again (and also wanted to catch up on this thread). I want something to help me drift off to sleep but am paranoid that meditations/soothing music etc. found on the internet will have hidden messages in them that I'll be too zoned out to be aware of... I know it's ridiculous!

Hahaha! Sorry you are dealing with a lack of sleep, but your post was funny.