Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    And I sometimes listen to NPR during my commute. I guess I'm old.

Correction: informed. Nothing wrong with getting some news and info while your time would be otherwise wasted.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Does anyone binge on "walking dead" ? I think me and my daughter have a million times lol mostly my daughter , she controls the remote.

Totally! It's one of my favorite shows. I watch every episode as it airs, and then when they go on hiatus, I binge-watch all the seasons at some point so I can get my fix :)

I'm doing that right now. When the most recent season ended, my husband and I started watching from the beginning. We're currently on season 4. Love that show so much. I now want a samurai sword so I can be a badass zombie slayer like Michonne. B)

I have a sword on my Amazon wish list specifically for this purpose :) However, I'm fairly certain that in the event of an actual zombie apocalypse, I will either a) step out of my house strapped to the hilt with weapons and a kicka$$ attitude only to be bitten 10 seconds later; or b) I will be Otis - too slow to run away and left behind as walker bait.

That made me laugh. Otis was only walker bait because Shane was a piece of human garbage and sacrificed him to save his own sorry butt. I'm glad Rick took him out. Too bad he was a zombie when it happened.

Very true. Interesting that Rick has kind of been turning into Shane lately, no? I hope that the reappearance of Morgan and his zen attitude will bring Rick back from the edge a little.

Yeah, Rick has kind of lost it. So has Shasha. She's bonkers now. This is really mean and I feel terrible for saying it, but I wish Carl would just die already. I'm surprised he's still around.

I'm glad Glen made it. :smile:

Glen is the only character left that I really like :/

For me it is Daryl....he is wicked with the crossbow, can survive in the woods, kill and cook me dinner, and has a soft spot for those that are loyal to him (Carol and Beth). He is also easy on the eyes! I love him (Norman Reedus) in the movie "The Boondock Saints".

I miss Beth. My jaw hit the floor the way she went out. I thought she and Daryl were going to hook up before she was taken.

*Makes a note to add The Boondock Saints to Netflix queue. :wink:

One of my top 25 films. Just don't watch the second one..it's horrible.

I've seen it, I just totally forgot Norman Reedus was in it. Not sure how I forgot this, but I did. I will go home TONIGHT and watch the crap out of this movie! :smile:

You can also watch the music video for Lady Gaga's "Judas" and see him. As Judas. It's all sorts of strange and amazing at the same time because that's who Norman is.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I've never watched TWD. I tend to get nightmares when I watch zombie stuff... Although I do love Shaun of the Dead. Maybe this thread will inspire me to check it out.

This is exactly why I didn't watch it the first few years it was out! Once I started though I was addicted, I just close my eyes when people get eaten :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I still miss Hershel. I cried when he died. He would have been my imaginary Zombie Apocalypse boyfriend. What can I say? I have a weakness for a man with a strong moral center, principles, kindness and the ability to admit his mistakes. Ok, so he was kinda old but truly, appearances are a persons least important characteristic and if you can't value someone for what is inside, you are a jerk. Which brings me to...

BFs who call their girls names are jerks and should be unloaded like the dead weight they are. While it is true that we shouldn't let the names people call us bother us, we shouldn't have to wear that armor around the people who are supposed to defend and protect us.

I guess being in a relationship is similar to surviving the ZA - you have know who has got your back.

Well said! I love this!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Rashmi411 wrote: »
    I am now 170lbs I spent 2 years going from 191 to 123. I had the help of a fabulous online trainer. I ate 2 cinnabons yesterday with at least 64 grams of carbs each. My exercise has been off. I;ve been feeling sad that my ex died. My current boyfriend calls me names. We broke up when I was 135lbs. I started going out with him again at 151. He calls me fatty or fat *kitten*, thunder thighs. I know I am responsible for my weight. My exercising was so strong when I lost weight the first time. Many days I get hungry and eat over the limit. My preparation isn't the best. Plus I am drinking 2-3 glasses of water. I know I can turn this around. My fitnesspal helped me once but its so easy to gain weight back. The biggest thing I've said is I'll start tomorrow. That's BS. I will not say that again to let me be unhealthy today. I got this...

And he is responsible for his behavior.....why do you put up with this??

I have literally almost doubled in weight since I have been with my SO, who, has never said anything, ever about it....if I was ever called a name like that,ever once, that would be the last time.......

For whatever it is worth to you, I agree so very strongly with all those who say you deserve better. For many reasons I stayed way too long with a man who was mean verbally and emotionally to me. I gave him plenty (years) of warning for him to change and then, finally, when he would not give me a hug when my grandfather had a heart attack because that was me "dictating how to give his emotion" I decided I would much rather be really alone than alone in a relationship. I didn't want my kids to think that this was a normal or healthy relationship. Of course things are far more complex than that, but that was the defining moment for me. It was a divorce and I loved discovering myself again. I had not realized how unhappy I was from years of this stuff. I don't want you to wait so long to say, enough! You are a wonderful human being. If your SO is calling you names then he has issues that you can't fix no matter how hard you try. The problem is his. Only he can fix himself just as the only person you can change is you. I believe in you!

Good for you! You cannot change other people, but you CAN break the cycle! Awesome and this was a very good post.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    sydkins432 wrote: »
    I haven't gone over my calorie intake in over 50 days. My fitbit says i burn between 2300 and 3000 calories a day and I have only lost 5 pounds. I think they're is something wrong with me, but I am afraid to go to the doctor.

How much weight do you have to lose? Are you tracking your food on a digital food scale to make sure you're eating the correct portion?

Are you sure your fitbit is correct? I ran a marathon yesterday and only burned 2673 calories (46K steps). Unless you are running marathons every day or doing some other extended extreme exercise, your fitbit might be giving you inaccurate information...

@pofoster21 are you sure your FitBit is correct? I know different people burn differently, but I average 12K steps a day and maintain at 2100 a day (33, 5'5'', 130-135) and I'm really not doing much more than walking now. I would think a marathon would get you a lot more than 2700...

ETA: grammar is hard

I don't use a Fitbit. I use a gps tracking device. And on average a 10 min mile burns 100 calories. In addition MFP returned a similar number on mile per hour times time ran. So, yes I am fairly sure it's close to accurate.

Ahhh, that was your burn for the marathon, not the whole day. Sorry, I'm picking up what you're putting down now.

1) After reading the words "I'm picking up what you're putting down now", I suddenly imagined a marathoner 'passing a baton' to 'the next runner' -- in some sort of apparently-horrendous-in-length(-and-time) -based 'relay race', in which each runner was to run a marathon-length 'leg' (?!) (can you imagine?!)...

In looking into whether any such thing existed (and doing my best to 'prepare' myself, for the potential shock of learning of a transcontinental 'race' I somehow hadn't heard of), I did learn of "Marathon Relay" races, in which multiple runners cover -- collectively -- the distance of a marathon (which would be interesting)...

2) In the course of checking into an aspect of caloric burn specific to marathons, I ran across the following unexpected 'take' on such -- in which a blogger posted (link included below (hey, look at the date! -- almost 8 years ago to the day! :) )) a way of looking at this that hadn't crossed my mind...

After using Running World’s calorie calculator for determining average caloric burn totals for a 145-pound female, and 180-pound male, the blogger -- in conjunction with an assumption that 58% of the runners in a then-upcoming local marathon would be female -- concluded that the marathon in question would result in "at least 9,193,172 calories" being burned by the runners... and then conveyed, "That’s a collective 31,700 Dunkin’ Donuts Chocolate Glazed Cake Donuts" that the runners could consume, courtesy of the calories they'd burn... :)

http://www.browniepointsblog.com/2007/04/27/how-many-calories-in-a-marathon/

Confession: While peeking around at various whatnot on that blogger's site, I stumbled on a recipe for the attention-gettingly -named "Nearly Lethal Smores Tart" -- ?!!! -- which, per its having been listed where it was, is (and perhaps not surprisingly) among the site's Most Popular Recipes... and which I 'made the mistake of' learning more about... ;) ...and while the thought of consuming that swath of "vanilla honey marshmallow creme" that is found decadently 'lounging' atop the chocolate ganache -covered graham cracker 'thick base layer' (in all its tartdom greatness), all I could think was, "whoever wants the tart's marshmallow 'hat' can 'have at it' -- I'll take the chocolate-covered graham cracker-y 'madness', place a little peanut butter on top, and have an in-the-spirit-of-Reese's-Cups peanut-butter-and-chocolate 'tribute' tart..." -- and then I 'snapped out of it'... ;)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Mbiceo wrote: »
    nonoelmo, it's really important that you keep a positive, self-image for yourself and of yourself, because if your daughter has an eating disorder, it's going to be very important that you show her a healthy, self-image includes taking care of yourself in every way you can. Most young girls have no role models, particularly with self-esteem, this would be a good way for you to help her. (It's OK to ramble :smile: )

Thank you very much.

I agree with that, too. You tracking your food or losing a few pounds is your choice. If you do it and talk about it with or around your daughter, then the focus and the goal should be for health benefits only. It's when we associate losing weight with "beauty" and physical appearance only that it becomes dangerous for those struggling with eating disorders and body image.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty self conscious about my body, I have super athletic legs, a fat belly, and average looking arms. I've been doing some serious weight lifting and while I've only lost an inch off of my belly, I noticed that I've developing some pretty mean trapezius muscles... totally not what I needed.

Are you turning into a little guy poking out of the top of a muscle suit?
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I don't have a car, but if I did it would be a stick shift. I like the control I have with a manual shift car. I learned to drive one at age 17, and most of the cars I've had have been manual.

Confession: I think that my response time to events has slowed down. Yesterday I had two minor bike accidents; one where the car seemed to come out of nowhere, and the other where it stopped short as I was crossing an intersection. My injuries were minor in both, but they indicate to me that I have to become more cognizant of the possibility of things happeining out of my control and by that I mean, I need to bike more defensively than I've been.

Oh no! Glad you are okay, but yes, please be careful! At the same time, seems to me that drivers are becoming less and less aware, due to too many distractions, so it may not be YOU at all.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I see too many drivers on their phones swerving and weaving about. It's like DUH, hang up the d-mn phone already. Drives me nuts. Sure, there are other distractions in a car, people with you, the radio, etc. But I still think cell phones have to be THE worst. I cannot talk on a phone and drive at the same time, I just can't.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I see too many drivers on their phones swerving and weaving about. It's like DUH, hang up the d-mn phone already. Drives me nuts. Sure, there are other distractions in a car, people with you, the radio, etc. But I still think cell phones have to be THE worst.

IMO driving while using a phone, especially texting, should have the same penalty as DUI. People are just as erratic and unfocused, and the people they hit end up just as injured or dead.
  • 81Katz
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I see too many drivers on their phones swerving and weaving about. It's like DUH, hang up the d-mn phone already. Drives me nuts. Sure, there are other distractions in a car, people with you, the radio, etc. But I still think cell phones have to be THE worst.

IMO driving while using a phone, especially texting, should have the same penalty as DUI. People are just as erratic and unfocused, and the people they hit end up just as injured or dead.

I saw a woman jump the curb with a kid in the backseat because she was fiddling with her phone. How stupid!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I see too many drivers on their phones swerving and weaving about. It's like DUH, hang up the d-mn phone already. Drives me nuts. Sure, there are other distractions in a car, people with you, the radio, etc. But I still think cell phones have to be THE worst. I cannot talk on a phone and drive at the same time, I just can't.
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I honk at people I see using their cell phones while driving, they ALWAYS apply their brakes as a auto-response. Try it next time and see what they do.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Does anyone binge on "walking dead" ? I think me and my daughter have a million times lol mostly my daughter , she controls the remote.

Totally! It's one of my favorite shows. I watch every episode as it airs, and then when they go on hiatus, I binge-watch all the seasons at some point so I can get my fix :)

I'm doing that right now. When the most recent season ended, my husband and I started watching from the beginning. We're currently on season 4. Love that show so much. I now want a samurai sword so I can be a badass zombie slayer like Michonne. B)

I have a sword on my Amazon wish list specifically for this purpose :) However, I'm fairly certain that in the event of an actual zombie apocalypse, I will either a) step out of my house strapped to the hilt with weapons and a kicka$$ attitude only to be bitten 10 seconds later; or b) I will be Otis - too slow to run away and left behind as walker bait.

That made me laugh. Otis was only walker bait because Shane was a piece of human garbage and sacrificed him to save his own sorry butt. I'm glad Rick took him out. Too bad he was a zombie when it happened.

Very true. Interesting that Rick has kind of been turning into Shane lately, no? I hope that the reappearance of Morgan and his zen attitude will bring Rick back from the edge a little.

Yeah, Rick has kind of lost it. So has Shasha. She's bonkers now. This is really mean and I feel terrible for saying it, but I wish Carl would just die already. I'm surprised he's still around.

I'm glad Glen made it. :smile:

Glen is the only character left that I really like :/

I LOVE GLEN!!! But how do you not like Daryl or Carol?! They'd definitely be in my zombie apocalypse traveling gang.

I cannot STAND Daryl.....Carol I feel indifferent about

I need Daryl to cut his hair. Full stop.

Ok, I love Daryl, but I agree. At the very least he needs to get it out of his eyes!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I'm pretty self conscious about my body, I have super athletic legs, a fat belly, and average looking arms. I've been doing some serious weight lifting and while I've only lost an inch off of my belly, I noticed that I've developing some pretty mean trapezius muscles... totally not what I needed.

Pretty sure most of us are self conscious about something that we'd like to change. But, if you've developed good traps and you say that you arms are "average" maybe change up your arm / shoulder workout? Not sure what you're doing now, but maybe a bit of refocus. Just a suggestion.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    StapfJ wrote: »
    My 10 yo dog started limping a few days ago. I took her to the vet. I spent $550 and he told me she needs ACL surgery. That's another $2,500. He said there is a greater than 70% chance she will have to have the other leg done too..... that's at least $2,500 more.

I'm having a really hard time with it. I love her but that is a TON of money. I feel like a horrible owner, but I keep thinking about how I can find a way to not do it.

She's not in "that" much pain, but she is not that great either - just kind of quiet.

I'm trying to justify it in my head even though I know I'm supposed to just do the surgery. I'm so bummed.

That happened to our lab also. We just couldn't afford it, so she limped around for a couple months and now 3 years later seems fine.
  • 81Katz
    Options
    Fishing for compliments threads are obnoxious.
    /end rant.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    If I had to survive on what she has, I'd be eating oatmeal, cereal, and American cheese for ten days.
    ...and your point is...? ;)

I hadn't previously thought of this before, but I think it's 'official' -- there is now a known-to-exist 'market' (of one, at least ;) ) for some cookbook-ery whose focus is on 'all the great things' one could make with just the following 3 ingredients: oatmeal, cereal, and American cheese...! (-- wait -- what?!)

(My brain is hurting somewhat, in trying to come up with even *one* 'recipe' that wouldn't involve a shaking-of-one's-head -type 'response' to the prospect of 'sampling' such...)

She doesn't clean out her refrigerator (or the rest of her house, really); let's just say there are plenty of expired items in it.
    -- and right there is ANOTHER untapped market for cookbook recipes that has somehow 'escaped the imagination' of publishers far and wide! (and for some utterly inexplicable reason...)

(Lefty, I'm 'taking some notes'... and promise to forward any potential publishing contracts your way... ;) )

But I'm over this. Dog hair is everywhere, even the bathroom. The dogs get me up 5-5:30 every morning to go out and be fed. Not really a big deal. It's being woken up every two hours afterward to let them out that's annoying. If I ignore them, the yorkie will do his business in the house, without question. The other dogs (shepherd mix and Jack Russell mix) won't do that. The yorkie is such a whiner and licks EVERYTHING. It is disgusting. He is so annoying. The other dogs are fine most of the time.
    So what you're saying, is that you'd like to *extend* your stay -- and indefinitely?

;P

OMG... Lefty, I can only imagine... though somehow feel compelled to convey that as 'fun' as the experience is for you, it has nonetheless provided 'grist' for amusing(-to-others ;) ) anecdotes, to be shared in the future, at various impromptu moments, and which will undoubtedly bring a smile and laughter to someone else -- and thus... your current 'saga' will 'bear fruit' in the future, and 'make someone else's day', when you might least expect it...

(I'm a 'silver lining' kind of person -- and we gotta look for that 'shine' wherever it exists (or so say I)... ;) )
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options

My husband is an over the road truck driver. He watches people on their devices while driving all the time. He says the worst offenders are the cops.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

My husband is an over the road truck driver. He watches people on their devices while driving all the time. He says the worst offenders are the cops.

Here they're allowed to be on their phones.