Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Fat_Lassie wrote: »
    I once stopped in the middle of P90X to eat a burrito.

*high five* that is awesome!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Please help me settle a debate.

What is a normal number of eggs for one person to consumer in a week? Let's imagine this person eats meat, but not necessarily every day, and not big portions of it. This person happily consume plenty of wholegrains, fruit and veg, dairy (and too much sugar but never mind that).

So normal number of eggs in a week?

I'd ask in the normal forums, but I don't want my face ripped off by the 'eat all the protein carbs are evil' mob. (Not having a dig at you low-carbers, just at the way some people harp on about it!)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I have an NSV followed by a confession.

This past Saturday I tried on a pair of American Eagle jeans. One size below the current size I wear (which are falling off and baggy) and the size below THAT as a 'just for *kitten*' sort of thing. I'm in a size 4 now, the 2 was too big, and the 0 fit great!

Confession: I'm really pumped about it. But no one else really is. :confused: But it's okay, I know they're just concerned. But man, I went from growing out of a size 18 to a size 0. Madness.

And I like American Eagle because I have no *kitten* and their jeans don't droop back there. lol.

American Eagle Artist Fit jeans are my absolute favorite...I don't wear anything else! :)
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    I confess that most of the threads in the Chit - Chat section drive me absolutely bonkers. "Would you kiss the person above" "Compliment the person above" Blah blah blah. I guess because it's blatant compliment fishing maybe...or perhaps because there are a ton of married/partnered people out there flirting and being inappropriate with other people. I don't know...but it grosses me out. So I try not to look at even the titles...and I never click in. Did it once...won't make that mistake again, lol. :dizzy:

I hear ya! I'm single and I've honestly never been to that thread! Seriously search my name you won't find it! Not a fan, I'm here for my health not to find a date :)

Well now you are not really single...

But I am and I can't stand when people start all the overt flirting and innuendo. I leave those threads immediately. That is not why I am here. If I wanted that I would go to match.com.

Haha no technically I'm spoken for of course but there's no ring on my finger! (This doesn't mean I'd ever cross boundaries of course just saying I'm unmarried and there's no box to check "boyfriend" or in a relationship when it asks single, married, divorced, or widowed- so I check the single box every time)

Yeah, I find that one weird as so do I, and I've been with my boyfriend for 11 years.

My DOH! and I only got married because it was his grandmother's deathbed wish.

He - "Gram really wants us to get married. Do you want to?"
    Me - "OK."

The only difference between before and after is I now have a ring on my finger to fiddle with when I am nervous and he likes to joke that all of his years of stalking me have finally paid off.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

What is a normal number of eggs for one person to consumer in a week? Let's imagine this person eats meat, but not necessarily every day, and not big portions of it. This person happily consume plenty of wholegrains, fruit and veg, dairy (and too much sugar but never mind that).

I'd ask in the normal forums, but I don't want my face ripped off by the 'eat all the protein carbs are evil' mob. (Not having a dig at you low-carbers, just at the way some people harp on about it!)

I eat one egg a day that's beefed up by three egg whites. Lately I've been making them into omelettes. They're not pretty but they are tasty!
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Scrambled, hard-boiled, pickled, in tuna, or on salads - I love eggs. I'll eat 6-8 a week but have gone as high as a dozen+. I generally try (TRY) to stay away from red meat, I'm not that fond of poultry and no one in the house likes fish, so I eat eggs.
  • getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

My boyfriend isn't attracted to me anymore because I've gained weight.....I Haven't had sex in five years and it has honestly given me a bit of depression!!!! :'(

Soooo....I looked at your original post and your picture. This is the first time I will ever ask but are you a troll? You are gorgeous. And clearly have a great body. So.... Are you coming back or are you really having this issue? If so dump him. Cause you are beautiful You could get someone new in a heartbeat. End of story.

I have to agree with the poster above. I wonder if this is a troll. Me, I'm just enjoy reading this thread and don't post often.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options

I was on a roll of about 2 dozen a week for a few months.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options

Maybe around 14? Maybe more than that... I tend to eat a spinach salad with a couple hard boiled eggs on it once a day. Sometimes I eat them alone as a snack so maybe 14-21 a week?

I don't eat meat every day and rarely red meat though. I can't remember the last time I ate meat that wasn't a chicken breast.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    This is more advice than a confession: Don't cry in your Goggles when you go swimming, tears sting a lot when they go back into your eyes.

Why were you crying I hear you ask? I weighed myself this morning. I weigh exactly the same amount as I weighed back in February. I'm beginning to think this is all a big waste of my time. I work out 6 hours a week and eat a 890 calorie deficit a day. I don't know what else to do...

:( I'm sorry you cried that makes me sad! Just keep with it it all takes time and that's unfortunately the worst part! I know it's hard not to get discouraged but just keep your head up and keep on truckin' you can do it!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    I confess that most of the threads in the Chit - Chat section drive me absolutely bonkers. "Would you kiss the person above" "Compliment the person above" Blah blah blah. I guess because it's blatant compliment fishing maybe...or perhaps because there are a ton of married/partnered people out there flirting and being inappropriate with other people. I don't know...but it grosses me out. So I try not to look at even the titles...and I never click in. Did it once...won't make that mistake again, lol. :dizzy:

I hear ya! I'm single and I've honestly never been to that thread! Seriously search my name you won't find it! Not a fan, I'm here for my health not to find a date :)

Well now you are not really single...

But I am and I can't stand when people start all the overt flirting and innuendo. I leave those threads immediately. That is not why I am here. If I wanted that I would go to match.com.

Haha no technically I'm spoken for of course but there's no ring on my finger! (This doesn't mean I'd ever cross boundaries of course just saying I'm unmarried and there's no box to check "boyfriend" or in a relationship when it asks single, married, divorced, or widowed- so I check the single box every time)

Yeah, I find that one weird as so do I, and I've been with my boyfriend for 11 years.

My DOH! and I only got married because it was his grandmother's deathbed wish.

He - "Gram really wants us to get married. Do you want to?"
    Me - "OK."

The only difference between before and after is I now have a ring on my finger to fiddle with when I am nervous and he likes to joke that all of his years of stalking me have finally paid off.

HAHA that's great! I've been engaged before but I broke it off (it wasn't going anywhere) but my favorite part was my engagement ring, which, I had to give back :( My confession is: I'm not a huge stickler to get married but you best believe I want a large, shiny, rock on my finger! A giant promise ring of sorts haha
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I used to break spaghetti into 3 when my kids were little. I still break it in half. I rarely order it in a restaurant because I don't like the looong strands.

I also never order ribs. I hate getting my hands dirty, even if it's because of delicious ribs.

I've never been a fan of spaghetti. I mean it's ok but def not something I would ever order when dining out. Maybe I haven't had GOOD spaghetti. But then again, I am not a saucy guy so I tend to like more noodle than sauce. And a noodle is just a noodle, correct?

I crush ribs without second thought. I do however go through a TON of wet naps cuz I hate that sticky feeling on my hands and face.

What??? Pretty sure your profile pic says otherwise! Haha. Those scrawny arms in the picture make me laugh every time.

LMAO touché... I am also not a fan of mayo. Stupid skinny arm child proof tops (They ARE child proof, right?) :p

Aren't all jars?? I used to have this small rubber gripper thing that I used constantly to open jars. It mysteriously disappeared from my kitchen. I didn't lose it. Husband is retired and spends way more time in the kitchen than I do, so naturally I blamed him. I throw a new temper tantrum now every time I cannot open a jar and my gripper is no where to be found. Never can remember to buy another one at the store! Simple solution, but temper tantrums are much more fun.

Just tap/bang the edge of the jar (the metal part) all the way around on the countertop and the jar will open easily. It breaks the seal so it's suddenly really easy. It saved my life as a bartender constantly with the pickled asparagus/green beans and olive jars because I'm a shrimpy little girl with weak everything.

I use a similar method but I whack the metal lid with the back-side of a sturdy knife. Works just the same and I don't have to worry about dropping the jar (I so would).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    This is more advice than a confession: Don't cry in your Goggles when you go swimming, tears sting a lot when they go back into your eyes.

Why were you crying I hear you ask? I weighed myself this morning. I weigh exactly the same amount as I weighed back in February. I'm beginning to think this is all a big waste of my time. I work out 6 hours a week and eat a 890 calorie deficit a day. I don't know what else to do...

You're eating more than you think and overestimating your exercise calories, probably. Maybe make a new thread and open your diary and people can help... Also, you don't have to eat breakfast if you're not hungry... It's a myth that it kick starts your metabolism.
    Fat_Lassie wrote: »
    I once stopped in the middle of P90X to eat a burrito.

I like you.
    NoAnalHere wrote: »
    Can I still join in? Embarrassingly I don't know moderation so I brought a food scale. The amount of rice for dinner would be like 7 oz. Most of the time I scoop some rice off my plate to make it 4 oz. Occasionally I just keep it and log 600 calories of rice because I love rice D:

You're not alone. Even after 2.5 years, my eyeballing skills still suck. Watch our for cooked rice though, I found that most entries really underestimate the calories in 100g of rice... I had to weigh it dry then cooked to see how many grams were a serving of cooked rice.
    So, I decided to make a pan of brownies from scratch and had the first three inches of the 13x9 pan with a half cup of frozen chocolate yogurt. I am completely sick to my stomach and wishing I hadn't made any at all. I can't BELIEVE I used to eat half a pan in one sitting! No wonder my largest was 270. Seriously, even just a month ago, I could have a whole large pizza, a bag of chips, a microwave brownie modified to be nearly 700 calories, and three regular cokes. About two months ago, I ate a whole cake in three days with whipped cream. At the beginning of this month, I had 13 donuts in three days. I really like three days in case you couldn't tell. Oh my gosh, lol.

For me it totally depends on the time of the month honestly. The amount of food I can put away when I'm PMSing is unreal... could easily do 4000 calories if I didn't try to restraint myself. And some days I'll be full in 1200 calories. That's why I say that listening to your body is a recipe for disaster.

I'm hoping today is one of those 'full easily' day as my dear son put his alarm clock at 4am (what was I thinking to give a clock to my 7yo kids?) and I haven't been able to go back to sleep since. So I was hungry at 6am and made some big fluffy buttermilk chocolate chip pancakes I had been craving for weeks. I did manage to stop at 2 though, which is improvement, but I'm still at 630 calories and it's not even 7am. Still totally worth it. I foresee a big grilled chicken salad for lunch... and a nap. I hope.

And I'm about to get my second cup of coffee.

Confession - sometimes when I read about friends dating I get jealous because I really miss all the butterflies when you start falling in love. Sometimes I can't help wondering if I'm normal because I feel that I'd be happier if I didn't do long term relationships...

• AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get in shape to feel better about myself around women and to make someone else jealous. How is that for shallow?

Yeah that sounds about the same as me.
    My Husband and I ordered pizza after only the 2nd week of our diet and I nearly ate the whole thincrust pizza by myself.
    The next day there was leftovers, so to keep myself from eating it, I literally opened my back door and tossed it out into the compost.
    Not to brag.. But we're doing way better now, and only 5wks of logs I've lost 13lbs.
    And I'm back on my veggies only rabbit food diet.
    I still love veggie pizza and when I reach my goals it's going to be my first cheat food. Maybe homemade though.

Later today I am making a cauliflower crust pizza. Look it up. It is not like a real pizza but it is guilt free.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I just got the a call from my mom saying she put our family dog down, we had him for 9 years. I'm sad even though I haven't lived at home in over 4 years.

So sorry for your loss. My cousin just went through the same thing. Still hurts even if you are not there all the time.
  • mollaudra
    mollaudra Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Chips. Chips are the devil. I'll eat a whole bag in one sitting. It's awful. I'm just starting my fitness journey today and I can tell it's going to be grueling.
  • slbale
    slbale Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I have an NSV followed by a confession.

This past Saturday I tried on a pair of American Eagle jeans. One size below the current size I wear (which are falling off and baggy) and the size below THAT as a 'just for *kitten*' sort of thing. I'm in a size 4 now, the 2 was too big, and the 0 fit great!

Confession: I'm really pumped about it. But no one else really is. :confused: But it's okay, I know they're just concerned. But man, I went from growing out of a size 18 to a size 0. Madness.

And I like American Eagle because I have no *kitten* and their jeans don't droop back there. lol.

American Eagle Artist Fit jeans are my absolute favorite...I don't wear anything else! :)

• slbale
    Options
    This is good to know! I've lost the majority of my weight thus far ( 20 lbs so far 40 to go ) from my backside.. I've dropped from a 16 to a 12... Think I'll go try jeans on there!
  • sst036
    sst036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

While I've never cried with goggles on, I feel you. My body has settled into a weight range of 70-72kg (154-158lbs) despite trying 1200 cals, low carb, low cal and low carb, huge exercise deficit, cardio only, etc. It was ridiculous and I wasn't making myself happy while doing or getting the results that would've made it worth it (I actually cried one night looking at the bowl of protein dense stir fry). So I stopped, switched up and decided to focus on muscle building and losing body fat percentage. I still eat at a slight deficit and watch my macros, but the focus is less on that and more on my workouts being fuelled. It has worked - although still slowly - I'm down 6% in 12 weeks and my muscles are finally popping even when I'm not flexing.

Of course, muscles didn't help today when my skirt started slipping down my butt while I was crossing a busy intersection. Silk shirts and too big skirts don't work! I figured I was only down a couple of pounds so it should fit but nope. So in my mind, moving focus has resulted in a physical change and that's what I'm really after.

Maybe you could thinking about eating at maintenance for a month to give yourself a break?
  • slbale
    Options
    emmy141 wrote: »
    Confession? This is my first time posting on the MFP message boards, but I lurk all the time!

Most days i'm in the red, my deal with myself is that I can eat whatever I like as long as I log it. But i've still managed to lose a stone in just over a month. I was a terrible binge eater/snacker before and it's taking time to get myself past that.