Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I am officially at my goal weight as of today. I think that I would like to try putting on muscle and getting back up about 5-8 lbs.

Yay!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I am officially at my goal weight as of today. I think that I would like to try putting on muscle and getting back up about 5-8 lbs.

Congratulations!!! I haven't yet ventured over into weight lifting, but I absolutely love the results other women are getting from it, so I know I'm going to have to give it a try at some point :tongue:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of sounding a little bit silly here... but I wanted to feel really good about myself, so a few weeks back I ordered a corset. It came today and I put it on and I'm LOVING IT. I actually feel kind of sexy in this thing!! This is a little embarrassing... :lol:

That's pretty awesome, actually! <3
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of sounding a little bit silly here... but I wanted to feel really good about myself, so a few weeks back I ordered a corset. It came today and I put it on and I'm LOVING IT. I actually feel kind of sexy in this thing!! This is a little embarrassing... :lol:

Not silly or embarrassing! That's awesome!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

That's pretty awesome, actually! <3

Thanks!! I'm thinking about just wearing it around the apartment during the day, hopefully as a motivation to stay on track :smiley:

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    It's a great movie.

I'm super picky about sunscreen.. read too many stories about how toxic they can be.

www.ewg.org/2015sunscreen/ was an eye opener.

Wow, I've never really heard/thought about it being toxic...thanks for the info. I don't really use it too often (I know I should). I'm usually an indoor person. I do try to use it when I know I'll be outside for a while (like my birthday bbq or a concert etc).

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

Anything that makes you feel sexy is a good thing :)
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I'm very pale like a bunch of you have said you are. I used to try tanning, but it didn't take. I've never had a tan or a sunburn in my life. I finally stopped trying and embraced my day walker skin. I sometimes get embarrassed by it, but I figure if people don't like it screw them. Being able to blind people with the color of my skin is a super power! ;)

My daughter shares your super power. In our house we call it rockin' the Casper. :)

I'm also very pale & once had a co-worker comment on how white I was after coming back from Hawaii for the second time. The first time I went to Hawaii I had learned my lesson the hard way. Over there the heat is very dry & I thought well it's not as hot & humid like it is in Pennsylvania so I don't need to cake on the sunblock. Ugh! Huge mistake! I had huge welts all over my one arm from a horrendous sunburn. Luckily they didn't hurt, but it definitely taught me to be more vigilant while out in the sun.

I'm pale but by choice- I can tan really easily but I'm super OCD about having sunblock on anytime I'm outside! I'm terrified of wrinkles and skin cancer :#

You are very smart! (say the hypocrite tanning addict) I gave it up several years ago, but started again this past March. I love it! But I seriously need to stop.

My best friend had melanoma when we were in our early twenties and I've been watching my mom deal with all the consequences of being a sun bathing beauty her whole life! So just trying to avoid all of that :)

I tanned for a couple of years in my 20's. Getting a tan started is TOUGH for me because I'm blindingly pale. My mother is a redhead, and I'm whiter than she is.
    I confess that I stopped not because of the fear of melanoma but because my friend who is 10 years older than me LOOKS more like 20-25 years older than me due to her decades of tanning, skin like leather.

Yes, this is right up there next to cancer for me so even if we didn't risk skin cancer from tanning I still wouldn't do it! I know lots of people hate being pale but I think it looks elegant honestly! I always think about how back in the day if you were pale it was a sign of wealth as you didn't have to spend all your days out working :) haha I'm not that shallow I swear! I just prefer being pale and I don't want to look like a leather hand bag in 10 years!

When my mom was in her 40's, she had a circle of friends, mostly people she worked with. I knew one or two of them were younger, but thought the rest were around her age. There was one woman who I thought was in her late 50's, because she definitely looked much older than the rest. Turns out she was mid-30's, and had already tanned herself into looking around 58 or so. I'd never had an interest in tanning before then, but that definitely killed any remote curiosity I had about it.

When I was a teen working a counter service job, many of our customers were retired, wealthy "snow birds" who wintered in warmer climates. The *ahem* older (as in, not much more than my age right now, lol) ladies would come in sporting heavily tanned skin that looked like old boot leather. I remember thinking how unattractive it was... ewwww, shrivelled cleavage... and "I don't ever want to look like that".

A couple of things I've read have stuck with me. Supposedly 90% of skin aging is "photo-aging" caused by UV. And "a year of incidental sun exposure is worth a day of baking at the beach". A former coworker who easily looked 15 years younger than her age credited diligent use of sunscreen for her youthful appearance. So... vanity was my first motivation for avoiding the sun. Heck, it's probably MOST of my motivation still.
    My best friend's mom growing up went tanning very often and was the color of a dark carrot. I remember thinking she looked at least fifteen years older than my own mother, but she was five years younger. It horrified me, to be quite honest.

My sister is extremely pale skinned (she can't tan) and doesn't go in the sun without lathering herself in sunscreen. She has perfect skin and it looks like she hasn't aged past 20 (she's approaching 30). After hearing her talk about this routine last year I've been wearing sunscreen everyday as well.

My anti aging secret is just living in England, where it's normally cloudy or rainy. And spending daylight hours in the office. I rarely wear sunscreen unless I'm abroad. Maybe the two freak hot days per year that happen to fall on the weekend...
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options

Woo hoo! Congratulations!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options

How is your fur baby? Any news from the vet yet?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Speaking of fur babies... wonder how @Italian_Buju 's little fellow is doing?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

WOW...you read my mind, I was wondering too, hope everything is alright
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options

Go you! Nothing silly about it at all!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    ["That" older guy isn't as rare as you think.

@JPW1990 I know it isn't rare. Have many a friends who upon getting divorced suddenly find themselves in the company of much younger company. I shake my head as a older guy, but honestly there is a LOT of draw to it. Mostly it can capture that feeling of fleeting youth. Ya know, Jerry Lee Lewis "Middle Aged Crazy, trying to prove he still can...".

I am pretty grounded, but who knows. Was just thinking out loud. No plans for divorce or younger women at this point. :)

honestly, this is why at 34 i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be alone.
    totally not judging you (after my parents divorced my dad spent years dating younger gals and then five years ago married a girl that is ONE year older than ME. i judge him ;) )
    anytime i go out i can't help but feel like i don't belong. there are young, stunning girls EVERYwhere, i can't imagine anyone settling for my older, pudgy butt. plus i'm also pretty sarcastic and b*tchy. B)
    but seeing how i'm the reason my current relationship tanked, i really don't have anyone else to blame.
    it's still kinda disappointing though.

I would too!

Don't give up on finding someone, I'm only 29 and sometimes it's hard since most gals my age are married or in committed relationships but most the time I'm happy as I have the rest of my life to be with someone may as well enjoy my "singleness" now. You'll find someone!! You are very pretty!

Agree that you are very pretty, plus you're pretty funny going off your additions to this thread and you will meet someone. I met my husband when I was 35 and got married at 37. I seriously thought there was something wrong with me. I used to tell myself I was "fundamentally unloveable". Everyone else said it would happen for me, they were right and I was wrong.

I remet my husband (we worked together when I was 18) at 40 and we just got married last year.

I thought I was going to be single forever and I was working on being okay with that.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options

Yes, I'm curious as well.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

I hate you! (JK, you know I love you. Just totally jealous!) <3

I'm pretty sure part of it is from being sick and not eating much. I'll trade you your PR for my goal weight. :p

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. Everyone but @quiksylver296 :smiley:

• MoHousdon
    Options

ani_conga_ratsbl.gif

Haha. Thanks.

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    Very few people know I write erotica lol

Ooh I'm always interested in good erotica!

I'm catching up 500 odd posts, so way behind. Had a horrific migraine yesterday and ate like a pig, very shameful. And as I went to throw away the remaining doughnuts in the car park this morning (so my partners wouldn't see the box), I decided to eat them instead. Then this afternoon, going to pick up cereal pots for breakfast at work, I came across hot fudge sundae and s'mores poptarts. So I bought them. I blame this thread wholly and solely for the fact I ate 3 tarts. I threw the 4th out the window.

• krobesongrubb
    krobesongrubb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm more than likely going to binge on movie theater popcorn tonight D: