Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ["That" older guy isn't as rare as you think.

@JPW1990 I know it isn't rare. Have many a friends who upon getting divorced suddenly find themselves in the company of much younger company. I shake my head as a older guy, but honestly there is a LOT of draw to it. Mostly it can capture that feeling of fleeting youth. Ya know, Jerry Lee Lewis "Middle Aged Crazy, trying to prove he still can...".

I am pretty grounded, but who knows. Was just thinking out loud. No plans for divorce or younger women at this point. :)

honestly, this is why at 34 i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be alone.
    totally not judging you (after my parents divorced my dad spent years dating younger gals and then five years ago married a girl that is ONE year older than ME. i judge him ;) )
    anytime i go out i can't help but feel like i don't belong. there are young, stunning girls EVERYwhere, i can't imagine anyone settling for my older, pudgy butt. plus i'm also pretty sarcastic and b*tchy. B)
    but seeing how i'm the reason my current relationship tanked, i really don't have anyone else to blame.
    it's still kinda disappointing though.

Yeah, I'd have a hard time not judging if I was in your situation as well. But, stay true to yourself - never settle! It's better to be independent and be your real self than to ever be with someone and be unhappy.

And the right person for you will NOT be settling - they will be grateful to have found you and fortunate to spend time with you!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession/NSV: I did NOT want to go to the gym last night. I was completely dreading it. However, no matter how much I dread the gym, sitting at my son's boxing gym and watching them practice is worse. So, I dragged myself to the gym. And PRed my bench!!! Went from total dread to psyched in 0.6 seconds!!!

I also ate cake, chocolate, ice cream, Funyuns and two Quest bars yesterday. Urgh.

Nice!! ... did you eat those foods before or after your PR? If before, I may have to try your method :smiley:

A little of both. Cake for breakfast (see my confession yesterday), Quest bars throughout the day, Funyuns and ice cream after I got home from the gym.

Fun fact (wait for the pun :D ), Funyuns are almost as low in calories as baked chips...and taste waaaay better.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    My cellphone decided to do a Peter Pan off my bicycle cell phone mount today. Landed face down in front of my tire and I ran over it. End result = cracked screen. So maaaad right now.

Sorry. I know it's not funny, but it's kind of funny.

Then you'll love this one: A few weeks ago, I was sitting on my exercise bike and I had my 7-inch tablet balanced on top of a little pocket (made for holding an iPod, so my tab wouldn't fit inside it) so I could watch Phineas and Ferb while exercising (I'm very mature, I know). I was putting on my earphones and accidentally jerked the wire. Result: The tab came flying towards my face, then went down and slammed into the frame of the exercise bike, bounced off like a rubber ball, flew two feet, and CRASHED into the floor.

It looks like spiders built webs all over the screen now. ;)

Oh, that's rough!

ETA: oh, and I watch cartoons all the time :wink:

Ugh, I would honestly cry if my Kindle bit the dust. And as for the cartoons, you've seen my avatar, right? LOL

I totally did cry! But since tabs are pretty cheap (I insisted on an old, obsolete model as close to my previous tab as possible, since I loved that one so much and it was so old that it's been discontinued), I was able to get a new one the next day. So that was awesome. ;)
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm super far behind again, ugh!

Confession: I have no motivation to log my food. I'm doing it, but I have to make myself do it. And I have been eyeballing things instead of weighing them. I'm burnt out on it. I'm doing a good enough job that I haven't gained, but I need to get over this hump because I still have a lot to lose. :(
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Wow, 100 new posts! You guys be crazy...

Today's confession: It REALLY p*sses me off that you can't outwork a bad diet.

The last month, I've been logging everything as usual, breakfast, lunches & snacks have been on point, but after analyzing the data, noticed my avg cals per day have been quite a bit higher. Exercise burn has been at its usual levels, avg about 550 cals a day. I usually net about 11-1200 cals per day after exercise, but this last month it's been more like 1700. And not good calories either, a lot of crap at home after work. Chips, cake, cookies. Bad habit creeping back in, getting complacent, I've figured this out for years, blah blah blah.

End result? a 5 lb gain for May.

The fire has been lit.

Thanks for the compliment! :)

I thought you could outwork a bad diet if you were male. All the males in my family do it. They workout simply so that they can continue to eat their fast food, drink pop/soda, and satisfy their steak and bacon obsession. Sorry it's not that way for you, but you will be better off in the long run!

Some guys can. I'm not one of them, unfortunately!

Being fit & trim, I am the freak in my family...everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is overweight. My younger brother looks like John Candy. If I stop watching it & stop exercising I can put on 5 lbs in 10 days, no problem. It's a main focus of my life to stay fit & trim, and I've been on it for 8 years now.

Here's my DL photo from 2007, at 240 lbs:
    chub.jpg

And here's my new one, taken last month, at 175:
    Today.jpg

Fabulous!!!
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Confession: I dug out my 3lb weights last night and did some arm work. I wanna look like @BZAH10 and @ythannah!

I did too! I only got 12 reps in because I didn't want my arms to fall off my body. It is shameful how weak I am! I did it this morning, too. I thought the whole time that eventually it will be easier. :)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I just got the a call from my mom saying she put our family dog down, we had him for 9 years. I'm sad even though I haven't lived at home in over 4 years.

I'm so sorry! :'( (Huge dog-lover here)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    I am also pale and never tan! I just had to chime in and encourage all of the other fair skinned people to get checked by a dermatologist! Especially if you've had bad sunburns! Four years ago, at 27 years old, I noticed a tiny black dot on my arm. I went to the dermatologist and it was melanoma. My doctor said it would have been fatal in 5 years. Luckily it was caught early, and although I'm left with an ugly scar, it could have been much worse. I'm 31 now and religiously put on sunscreen every day and see my dermatologist twice a year. I don't want to scare anyone, just want everyone to be safe and healthy!!

That's certainly excellent advice, particularly considering the benchmarks I've always read for "suspicious" skin growths say "larger than a pencil eraser" and yours doesn't sound like it was.

I've been OCD about wearing sunscreen on my face 365 days a year for a few decades, and spf 50 or 60 on all exposed skin in the summer (okay, it's not like I have any exposed skin here in winter, lol) for about the past 10 years. I get really excited when I find the super high numbers like spf 80 or 100 in stores.

I do hate the way sunscreen looks on my skin, though. It seems like the only options are shiny/greasy or dry/chalky. I'm wearing a black linen crop jacket today that has white sunscreen rub-off smears on it already. I used to love one of the Banana Boat formulas for kids that promised "sand won't stick", it was great for gardening... of course they discontinued it. :/
    I am also pale and never tan! I just had to chime in and encourage all of the other fair skinned people to get checked by a dermatologist! Especially if you've had bad sunburns! Four years ago, at 27 years old, I noticed a tiny black dot on my arm. I went to the dermatologist and it was melanoma. My doctor said it would have been fatal in 5 years. Luckily it was caught early, and although I'm left with an ugly scar, it could have been much worse. I'm 31 now and religiously put on sunscreen every day and see my dermatologist twice a year. I don't want to scare anyone, just want everyone to be safe and healthy!!

That's certainly excellent advice, particularly considering the benchmarks I've always read for "suspicious" skin growths say "larger than a pencil eraser" and yours doesn't sound like it was.

I've been OCD about wearing sunscreen on my face 365 days a year for a few decades, and spf 50 or 60 on all exposed skin in the summer (okay, it's not like I have any exposed skin here in winter, lol) for about the past 10 years. I get really excited when I find the super high numbers like spf 80 or 100 in stores.

I do hate the way sunscreen looks on my skin, though. It seems like the only options are shiny/greasy or dry/chalky. I'm wearing a black linen crop jacket today that has white sunscreen rub-off smears on it already. I used to love one of the Banana Boat formulas for kids that promised "sand won't stick", it was great for gardening... of course they discontinued it. :/

Yep, my melanoma looked like a dot you make with a Sharpie marker. It wasn't raised and was very tiny. I'm honestly surprised I noticed it.

My favorite sunscreen is Neutrogena Sheer. It doesn't feel greasy...the spray and the lotion are great.

Me too! And I love their face sunscreen as it doesn't make my face break out!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Confession/NSV: I did NOT want to go to the gym last night. I was completely dreading it. However, no matter how much I dread the gym, sitting at my son's boxing gym and watching them practice is worse. So, I dragged myself to the gym. And PRed my bench!!! Went from total dread to psyched in 0.6 seconds!!!

I also ate cake, chocolate, ice cream, Funyuns and two Quest bars yesterday. Urgh.

Nice!! ... did you eat those foods before or after your PR? If before, I may have to try your method :smiley:

Last week I totally binged on M&Ms while watching TV and the next morning had a personal best time on my run. ;)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

A little of both. Cake for breakfast (see my confession yesterday), Quest bars throughout the day, Funyuns and ice cream after I got home from the gym.

Fun fact (wait for the pun :D ), Funyuns are almost as low in calories as baked chips...and taste waaaay better.

Funyuns are my favorite!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

The last month, I've been logging everything as usual, breakfast, lunches & snacks have been on point, but after analyzing the data, noticed my avg cals per day have been quite a bit higher. Exercise burn has been at its usual levels, avg about 550 cals a day. I usually net about 11-1200 cals per day after exercise, but this last month it's been more like 1700. And not good calories either, a lot of crap at home after work. Chips, cake, cookies. Bad habit creeping back in, getting complacent, I've figured this out for years, blah blah blah.

The fire has been lit.

I thought you could outwork a bad diet if you were male. All the males in my family do it. They workout simply so that they can continue to eat their fast food, drink pop/soda, and satisfy their steak and bacon obsession. Sorry it's not that way for you, but you will be better off in the long run!

Being fit & trim, I am the freak in my family...everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is overweight. My younger brother looks like John Candy. If I stop watching it & stop exercising I can put on 5 lbs in 10 days, no problem. It's a main focus of my life to stay fit & trim, and I've been on it for 8 years now.

chub.jpg

Today.jpg

WOW!! You look awesome!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

@JPW1990 I know it isn't rare. Have many a friends who upon getting divorced suddenly find themselves in the company of much younger company. I shake my head as a older guy, but honestly there is a LOT of draw to it. Mostly it can capture that feeling of fleeting youth. Ya know, Jerry Lee Lewis "Middle Aged Crazy, trying to prove he still can...".

I am pretty grounded, but who knows. Was just thinking out loud. No plans for divorce or younger women at this point. :)

totally not judging you (after my parents divorced my dad spent years dating younger gals and then five years ago married a girl that is ONE year older than ME. i judge him ;) )
    anytime i go out i can't help but feel like i don't belong. there are young, stunning girls EVERYwhere, i can't imagine anyone settling for my older, pudgy butt. plus i'm also pretty sarcastic and b*tchy. B)
    but seeing how i'm the reason my current relationship tanked, i really don't have anyone else to blame.

I'm super proud of you for a) recognizing and b) admitting that. It's always easier to place blame on the other person, so serious kudos to you.

And I see all sorts of shapes and sizes of women out there in RL coupledom, so I don't think you're destined to be alone.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

I would too!

Don't give up on finding someone, I'm only 29 and sometimes it's hard since most gals my age are married or in committed relationships but most the time I'm happy as I have the rest of my life to be with someone may as well enjoy my "singleness" now. You'll find someone!! You are very pretty!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    My cellphone decided to do a Peter Pan off my bicycle cell phone mount today. Landed face down in front of my tire and I ran over it. End result = cracked screen. So maaaad right now.

I'm behind on this thread this morning, so I'm sure someone else already suggested it, but around here we have local repair places that will replace the screen for you. Maybe you can do something like that?

Thanks for the reply and concern. I am looking in to that now but it is an older phone with another mildly annoying problem so I might just need to cut my losses and pony up the $$$ to buy another. Meh. lol
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

The fire has been lit.

chub.jpg

Today.jpg

good job!! you look great and I bet you feel even better after losing that much!
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Confession: Between full-time work, full-time school, and all the in-law health stuff, I'm approaching rock bottom energy levels. I simply do not have anything left to pull from the tank.

Which naturally only makes me feel totally guilty.

Also, I have a huge (non-school) certification exam next Saturday and I am woefully underprepared because of everything else going on. Depending on how the next 8 days go, I will not be all that surprised if I fail it. So it goes.

Sorry for all your stress! I'm pretty sure your family understands that your certification exam is important. It's okay to put them on the back burner while you prepare and finish the exam. No need to feel guilty! Priorities have to change from time to time.

I wish. My in-laws are the most anxiety-ridden people on the planet (all medicated in some form kind of anxiety) and they cannot rationalize when they get like this. I'm positive there's resentment (which they will eventually realize was stupid), but right now I'm the total jerk who isn't available 24/7.

Well, then I'm a jerk, too, because their anxiety is NOT your fault nor is it your problem to appease or fix. I'm sorry they are dealing with that, but I say "too bad". You put yourself first and they have to get over it. But, I'm not all that attached to family. I say you CHOOSE you family; blood relation (or relation by marriage) does not give people power over me.
  • BZAH10
    Options

The fire has been lit.

chub.jpg

Today.jpg

Oh, those darn genetics! Well, you've done a fantastic job so I don't think you need to worry about those recent 5lbs. It will be warmer weather soon and I'm sure you'll lose them.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I would too!

Don't give up on finding someone, I'm only 29 and sometimes it's hard since most gals my age are married or in committed relationships but most the time I'm happy as I have the rest of my life to be with someone may as well enjoy my "singleness" now. You'll find someone!! You are very pretty!

Agree that you are very pretty, plus you're pretty funny going off your additions to this thread and you will meet someone. I met my husband when I was 35 and got married at 37. I seriously thought there was something wrong with me. I used to tell myself I was "fundamentally unloveable". Everyone else said it would happen for me, they were right and I was wrong.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Yep, my melanoma looked like a dot you make with a Sharpie marker. It wasn't raised and was very tiny. I'm honestly surprised I noticed it.

My favorite sunscreen is Neutrogena Sheer. It doesn't feel greasy...the spray and the lotion are great.

Me too! And I love their face sunscreen as it doesn't make my face break out!

Me as well - I use the "ultra sheer" not sure if it is the same as the "sheer". Costco sells it so I can stock up. Last year they carried the SPF 55 this year it's the 60.

• BZAH10
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    Confession: I dug out my 3lb weights last night and did some arm work. I wanna look like @BZAH10 and @ythannah!

I did too! I only got 12 reps in because I didn't want my arms to fall off my body. It is shameful how weak I am! I did it this morning, too. I thought the whole time that eventually it will be easier. :)

If it gets easier then that means either more reps or higher weights! Obviously, I do these a lot and my shoulders still burn afterwards.