Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    Sadly, I confess...if I ever were to get divorced, though I like to think different, I would probably be "that older guy" that hooks up with someone younger...then feel all creepy about it.

Depends on how big of an age difference it is. I met my current husband when I was 28 and he was 38. We had both just divorced our first spouses the year before. The vast majority of his family and friends were convinced he was having a mid-life crisis. Been some ups and downs, but 15 years later we're still together.

You're well within my oldest age divide by 2 + 7 formula. See, works every time. ;)
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Confession/NSV: I did NOT want to go to the gym last night. I was completely dreading it. However, no matter how much I dread the gym, sitting at my son's boxing gym and watching them practice is worse. So, I dragged myself to the gym. And PRed my bench!!! Went from total dread to psyched in 0.6 seconds!!!

I also ate cake, chocolate, ice cream, Funyuns and two Quest bars yesterday. Urgh.

There ya go! Super! Love the new pic, also!

I felt like that on Tuesday, but forced myself to get on the stepmill anyway. Actually made it to level 11 for the first time! Now I'm not dreading going back so much today to see how many level 11 intervals I can do without dying.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I have read so many of these, figured I should contribute...
    My confession is, I hate my body. I just had my third child 2 months ago and I have refused to look at myself in the mirror. When I joined MFP 3 years ago I had lost 70 lbs. I have gained it all back and then some. I feel like a failure and its really eating me up inside. My husband is so sweet and understanding and I feel like I am pushing him away because I am so unhappy with myself. It makes me sad that my self worth totally depends on the number on the scale. :neutral:

This is so sad to read. You say you hate your body, but your body created and supported 3 children - surely that's something to be proud of? It's amazing really. Even if you never have a 'perfect' body, I hope you can get to a point where you have good enough self esteem that it doesn't matter so much. You can do it, though I'd forgive you for not getting going straight away - you've just had a baby!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Food-related confession: I'm completely fed up with long pasta like spaghetti and linguine. Manual dexterity isn't my strong suit and I get so bored with twirling it into a manageable forkful, which seems to take me an extraordinary length of time, and I end up losing most of the sauce in the process so all I taste is the noodle. And there is usually some trailing end that I can't manage to train onto the fork that thwaps me in the chin anyway. I gave up ordering these types of noodles in restaurants long ago since I can't manage to eat them gracefully.

We had some leftover meat sauce and the SO made it with linguine last night (which obviously prompted this confession!). After the first couple of mouthfuls, I decided "screw it" and started hacking it up into smaller pieces with my knife. What the hell, I was in the privacy of my own home, who cares if I commit Pasta Sacrilege?

I always cut up my noodles because it is easier that way!

Confession: Started cutting up my husband's noodles before I give them to him because I can't stand the slurping sounds he makes when eating pasta.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I just got the a call from my mom saying she put our family dog down, we had him for 9 years. I'm sad even though I haven't lived at home in over 4 years.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Confession: I dug out my 3lb weights last night and did some arm work. I wanna look like @BZAH10 and @ythannah!

Good for you! Hearing this always makes me happy.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: I dug out my 3lb weights last night and did some arm work. I wanna look like @BZAH10 and @ythannah!

Oh my. :oI've never been a physique inspiration to anyone, ever, in my life before. That's very touching.

I have a mental image of BZAH10's avatar in my head the whole time I do the workout.

Me neither! That's why knowing others are doing these exercises makes me so happy! Feels good to be a positive influence.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    My Husband and I ordered pizza after only the 2nd week of our diet and I nearly ate the whole thincrust pizza by myself.
    The next day there was leftovers, so to keep myself from eating it, I literally opened my back door and tossed it out into the compost.
    Not to brag.. But we're doing way better now, and only 5wks of logs I've lost 13lbs.
    And I'm back on my veggies only rabbit food diet.
    I still love veggie pizza and when I reach my goals it's going to be my first cheat food. Maybe homemade though.

Congrats on your success! I'd think you should be able to enjoy a veggie pizza now, right? Maybe homemade so that you can control the ingredients.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ["That" older guy isn't as rare as you think.

@JPW1990 I know it isn't rare. Have many a friends who upon getting divorced suddenly find themselves in the company of much younger company. I shake my head as a older guy, but honestly there is a LOT of draw to it. Mostly it can capture that feeling of fleeting youth. Ya know, Jerry Lee Lewis "Middle Aged Crazy, trying to prove he still can...".

I am pretty grounded, but who knows. Was just thinking out loud. No plans for divorce or younger women at this point. :)

honestly, this is why at 34 i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be alone.
    totally not judging you (after my parents divorced my dad spent years dating younger gals and then five years ago married a girl that is ONE year older than ME. i judge him ;) )
    anytime i go out i can't help but feel like i don't belong. there are young, stunning girls EVERYwhere, i can't imagine anyone settling for my older, pudgy butt. plus i'm also pretty sarcastic and b*tchy. B)
    but seeing how i'm the reason my current relationship tanked, i really don't have anyone else to blame.
    it's still kinda disappointing though.
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Congrats-peleroja and Tubbs :smiley: Celebrate!

Confession-Sometimes this thread is a bad influence. I was eating some of that Peanut Butter and Co white chocolate peanut butter and ate a bunch of it. My reasoning was, well the people from the thread do it sometimes so I'm normal. :|

I need to get back on track. I've been eating too much each day since Sunday.

I'm not blaming anyone but myself of course. I love this thread still.

We all have those bad days, weeks, & months. I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time. For a few months at least when I was off from work I would binge on at least 2,500-5,000 calories a day & it took me a long time to get back to eating somewhat normally again.

I confess that I did judge a poster who blamed this thread for eating treats everyday & that we talk about foods & particularly sweets too much.

i DID buy cookie butter because of this thread, as i'd never heard of it before. but i also didn't eat the whole jar. woot woot.

but speaking of the cookie butter, besides a random taste here and there, what are you supposed to eat it with or on?
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I just got the a call from my mom saying she put our family dog down, we had him for 9 years. I'm sad even though I haven't lived at home in over 4 years.

oh no, so sorry for your loss :(
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    and yes, i own page 699. lol
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Confession: Between full-time work, full-time school, and all the in-law health stuff, I'm approaching rock bottom energy levels. I simply do not have anything left to pull from the tank.

Which naturally only makes me feel totally guilty.

Also, I have a huge (non-school) certification exam next Saturday and I am woefully underprepared because of everything else going on. Depending on how the next 8 days go, I will not be all that surprised if I fail it. So it goes.

Sorry for all your stress! I'm pretty sure your family understands that your certification exam is important. It's okay to put them on the back burner while you prepare and finish the exam. No need to feel guilty! Priorities have to change from time to time.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

So sorry. This makes me want to go home and hug mine.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    ikkin32dvs wrote: »
    My husband was hospitalized and I ate Wendy's even though I really wasn't hungry because I am stressed out.

Oh, I hope that your husband is ok! Sending prayers your way. Be kind to yourself, stressful situations like this are hard enough without beating yourself up about something little like a meal at Wendy's!

Ditto!
  • BZAH10
    Options

Awww, I'm so sorry! It's understandable to feel sad! I'm sure he had a full, happy life.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ["That" older guy isn't as rare as you think.

@JPW1990 I know it isn't rare. Have many a friends who upon getting divorced suddenly find themselves in the company of much younger company. I shake my head as a older guy, but honestly there is a LOT of draw to it. Mostly it can capture that feeling of fleeting youth. Ya know, Jerry Lee Lewis "Middle Aged Crazy, trying to prove he still can...".

I am pretty grounded, but who knows. Was just thinking out loud. No plans for divorce or younger women at this point. :)

honestly, this is why at 34 i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be alone.
    totally not judging you (after my parents divorced my dad spent years dating younger gals and then five years ago married a girl that is ONE year older than ME. i judge him ;) )
    anytime i go out i can't help but feel like i don't belong. there are young, stunning girls EVERYwhere, i can't imagine anyone settling for my older, pudgy butt. plus i'm also pretty sarcastic and b*tchy. B)
    but seeing how i'm the reason my current relationship tanked, i really don't have anyone else to blame.
    it's still kinda disappointing though.

Don't compare yourself to girls who literally had nothing to do all day Saturday but fix all the layers they needed to leave the house. Start going places where wardrobe is an afterthought, and you'll find the guys who appreciate sarcasm over bodycon.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Wow, 100 new posts! You guys be crazy...

Today's confession: It REALLY p*sses me off that you can't outwork a bad diet.

The last month, I've been logging everything as usual, breakfast, lunches & snacks have been on point, but after analyzing the data, noticed my avg cals per day have been quite a bit higher. Exercise burn has been at its usual levels, avg about 550 cals a day. I usually net about 11-1200 cals per day after exercise, but this last month it's been more like 1700. And not good calories either, a lot of crap at home after work. Chips, cake, cookies. Bad habit creeping back in, getting complacent, I've figured this out for years, blah blah blah.

End result? a 5 lb gain for May.

The fire has been lit.

Thanks for the compliment! :)

I thought you could outwork a bad diet if you were male. All the males in my family do it. They workout simply so that they can continue to eat their fast food, drink pop/soda, and satisfy their steak and bacon obsession. Sorry it's not that way for you, but you will be better off in the long run!

Some guys can. I'm not one of them, unfortunately!

Being fit & trim, I am the freak in my family...everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is overweight. My younger brother looks like John Candy. If I stop watching it & stop exercising I can put on 5 lbs in 10 days, no problem. It's a main focus of my life to stay fit & trim, and I've been on it for 8 years now.

Here's my DL photo from 2007, at 240 lbs:
    chub.jpg

And here's my new one, taken last month, at 175:
    Today.jpg
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Confession/NSV: I did NOT want to go to the gym last night. I was completely dreading it. However, no matter how much I dread the gym, sitting at my son's boxing gym and watching them practice is worse. So, I dragged myself to the gym. And PRed my bench!!! Went from total dread to psyched in 0.6 seconds!!!

I also ate cake, chocolate, ice cream, Funyuns and two Quest bars yesterday. Urgh.

Nice!! ... did you eat those foods before or after your PR? If before, I may have to try your method :smiley:
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Confession: Between full-time work, full-time school, and all the in-law health stuff, I'm approaching rock bottom energy levels. I simply do not have anything left to pull from the tank.

Which naturally only makes me feel totally guilty.

Also, I have a huge (non-school) certification exam next Saturday and I am woefully underprepared because of everything else going on. Depending on how the next 8 days go, I will not be all that surprised if I fail it. So it goes.

Sorry for all your stress! I'm pretty sure your family understands that your certification exam is important. It's okay to put them on the back burner while you prepare and finish the exam. No need to feel guilty! Priorities have to change from time to time.

I wish. My in-laws are the most anxiety-ridden people on the planet (all medicated in some form kind of anxiety) and they cannot rationalize when they get like this. I'm positive there's resentment (which they will eventually realize was stupid), but right now I'm the total jerk who isn't available 24/7.