Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I confess that I love being on airplanes. There is just truly amazing to me about it. I always want the window seat so I can stare out the window. My favorite time on a plane was when I left early in the morning, while it was dark and the full moon and stars were out. So breathtakingly beautiful.

My brother got to fly a jet at his military academy and I am extremely jealous, though I would probably be nervous if I were ever actually given the chance to fly one. This jealousy partially comes from admiring and adoring astronauts and knowing that most of them were pilots before moving on to outer space. I would love to be an astronaut, but I don't think I'm cut out for the job. :tongue:

Chris Hadfield's book, An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth, is amazing!

And I am the opposite. I detest flying. I get physically sick, so flights aren't fun for me. I'm getting better, but there have been times where I've made it through without vomiting, only to collapse once I made it into the terminal. It's not due to anxiety, I actually think it's an inner ear thing - driving in a car with the windows down can cause the same kind of nausea, depending on how the wind hits the vehicle. This is part of the reason I don't travel much. It's hard to be excited about a trip knowing I have to fly. And sometimes the flights are so bad it takes me 3 or 4 days to recover (just in time to come back home). And I have to get on a plane on Sunday :'(

I will agree on the window seat - but for me it's so I can fall asleep and not be disturbed by people needing to get by lol.
    Oh man, that's terrible. I'm sorry :( My boyfriend's mother is the same way with cars. When she last came to pick me up she had to step out for a few minutes and just stand there with her head in her hands, feeling nauseous.

I would probably do exactly what you do- lay back and go to sleep! I do think, though, that plane flights can be made miserable depending on who's on the plane with you. I once sat next to a man who blasted Miley Cyrus for two hours straight (he looked around 60, so it was also a little jarring). :confounded:

So true. That may be part of it for me. I'm really uncomfortable in crowds, and in a plane everyone is stuffed so close together. :scream:
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Sch614 wrote: »
    Wrote an email to my daughter's teacher today about the quarter test date but have watched so many hunger games movies to get caught up I accidentally wrote "quarter quell" !

LOL
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I confess, I have to pee right now.

Again, Pancake, absolutely terrible confession. You should be ashamed. :p

It takes me a while to think of a good confession. I'm way too innocent and pure. Like my pasty white skin.

Hahaha.

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    My cellphone decided to do a Peter Pan off my bicycle cell phone mount today. Landed face down in front of my tire and I ran over it. End result = cracked screen. So maaaad right now.

So sorry!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    So my NSV for today. I got stuck waiting for a flight for 3 hours on a delay. Instead of eating crap and drinking like I normally would, I walked the length of terminal c at Newark for nearly 2 hours. Earned the Jamba Juice I ended up getting... And which I only chose to get a small. Which is an NSV in itself.

Way to go! Sitting on a plane sucks so your body was probably happy with the movement!

It's a short flight to Dulles but still sitting here. They keep moving the time. Up to 14000 steps now. My hips and legs hurt from walking on all this tile.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ok and now I am totally judging the guy sitting next to me chewing like a cow and smacking his lips. Ewwwww.

As you should. The guy at the desk next to me breathes very loudly, and guzzles his water so I can hear the water pouring, the air going back into the bottle, and him swallowing. It makes me crazy.

Double Ewwww.....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I confess that I love being on airplanes. There is just truly amazing to me about it. I always want the window seat so I can stare out the window. My favorite time on a plane was when I left early in the morning, while it was dark and the full moon and stars were out. So breathtakingly beautiful.

My brother got to fly a jet at his military academy and I am extremely jealous, though I would probably be nervous if I were ever actually given the chance to fly one. This jealousy partially comes from admiring and adoring astronauts and knowing that most of them were pilots before moving on to outer space. I would love to be an astronaut, but I don't think I'm cut out for the job. :tongue:

And I am the opposite. I detest flying. I get physically sick, so flights aren't fun for me. I'm getting better, but there have been times where I've made it through without vomiting, only to collapse once I made it into the terminal. It's not due to anxiety, I actually think it's an inner ear thing - driving in a car with the windows down can cause the same kind of nausea, depending on how the wind hits the vehicle. This is part of the reason I don't travel much. It's hard to be excited about a trip knowing I have to fly. And sometimes the flights are so bad it takes me 3 or 4 days to recover (just in time to come back home). And I have to get on a plane on Sunday :'(

I will agree on the window seat - but for me it's so I can fall asleep and not be disturbed by people needing to get by lol.

I really enjoy flying normally. All the walking past other gates and I want to say screw DC I want to go to Paris, Madrid, Brussles, Italy, etc.
  • ShibaEars
    Options

I really enjoy flying normally. All the walking past other gates and I want to say screw DC I want to go to Paris, Madrid, Brussles, Italy, etc.

I envy people that love flying and don't get motion sickness.

Thanks for "listening" to my complaints though... Flying is just on my mind since it's coming up in a few days. (I may have some anxiety about flying after all lol)
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

I'd love to go to DC - so much history there. But I would also love to go see Madrid, Brussles, Italy, (go back to Paris). One day, I will take 2 months off work and hubby and I are going to to to Europe and see everything we possibly can see. He hates flying (planes are just not big enough for a 7'2" frame - even the bulk head and emergency rows are tough) as he has a anxiety, control issues, and a bit of claustrophobia. Which is why we would have to fly once to Europe (there and back) and take the train for all the countries in between.

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    My cellphone decided to do a Peter Pan off my bicycle cell phone mount today. Landed face down in front of my tire and I ran over it. End result = cracked screen. So maaaad right now.

Otter Box Defender Series Case - totally worth the money.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    So my NSV for today. I got stuck waiting for a flight for 3 hours on a delay. Instead of eating crap and drinking like I normally would, I walked the length of terminal c at Newark for nearly 2 hours. Earned the Jamba Juice I ended up getting... And which I only chose to get a small. Which is an NSV in itself.

That's awesome! I love it when I spontaneously do something healthy and earn a little treat.

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Today, my husband and I were sitting together on our respective laptops, when he suddenly looked up and demanded... "Define yourself!"

...I confess that the first two words that popped into my head and spilled out of my mouth were "Ugly. Fat."

I also confess that this makes me sad. :'(

Aww, we can be our own worst enemy sometimes. I know it is hard (I suffer from this myself), but try to be nicer to yourself. Also, if I were asked about you, judging from your comments I would have said compassionate, animal loving and kind.

I completely agree with this and couldn't have said it better myself. I also want to know what his answer was...

Well, he knows that I have a lot of self-esteem issues. :) He's done a lot of comforting while I sob and ask why he could love someone so ugly and useless as I am. He said it was sad. :)

I am glad he is supportive but I have to wonder why your esteem is so low. You seem like a wonderful, kind, smart, loyal and dedicated person. You need to start thinking that way. No one can make you feel inferior or unworthy, only you can let yourself feel that way. And why??? What do you have to prove to anyone? Your life is your own. Be proud of those things you are happy with, celebrate them. And work on those things you want to work on. Be happy.

Let's just say that I wouldn't wish my childhood on anyone, although many here have probably had worse. :) My husband is the best thing that ever happened to me, and he does try to help me, but you can't help someone who won't help themselves, I guess. The self-esteem issue is extremely common in anxiety sufferers--in fact, I would say the anxiety is more of an effect than a cause of that.

It obviously doesn't show in typing, but I have selective mutism and Functional Neurological Disorder, which feeds off of my anxiety. I'm quite literally terrified of strange men and of doctors, so when I tried to get psychological help I actually got worse. And that's just the tip of the iceberg, really. It's hard to believe in yourself or feel good when you're living in a little cage of fear. :)

Thank you so much for your encouragement! It means a lot. I have a big 'ole lump in my throat now. *sniffle*
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 , Congratulations on your diploma!

Thank you so much! :)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Sch614 wrote: »
    Wrote an email to my daughter's teacher today about the quarter test date but have watched so many hunger games movies to get caught up I accidentally wrote "quarter quell" !

Please tell me you sent it before noticing the mistake. That would be the best.

• Susieq_1994
    Options
    I confess that I love being on airplanes. There is just something truly amazing to me about it. I always want the window seat so I can stare out the window. My favorite time on a plane was when I left early in the morning, while it was dark and the full moon and stars were out. So breathtakingly beautiful.

ME TOO. I always get a window seat, and last time there was a storm and we were flying above it. The weird bumpy clouds under the plane were SO amazing, and the sun was rising from under them and it turned into a sea of pink... I took some (awful) pictures with my husband's phone at the time, I'll see if I can find and post one or two! They were so pretty!

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Also, I finally saw the smore Oreos in the grocery store today. I am not a smore fan but was excited to see a variety. I hope one day I can get the reese pb ones. :)
    I want to finish my cotton candy Oreos before I try them but even my local Krogers had s'more oreos in stock. I am so stoked to try them.

• Susieq_1994
    Options

Sorry. I know it's not funny, but it's kind of funny.

Then you'll love this one: A few weeks ago, I was sitting on my exercise bike and I had my 7-inch tablet balanced on top of a little pocket (made for holding an iPod, so my tab wouldn't fit inside it) so I could watch Phineas and Ferb while exercising (I'm very mature, I know). I was putting on my earphones and accidentally jerked the wire. Result: The tab came flying towards my face, then went down and slammed into the frame of the exercise bike, bounced off like a rubber ball, flew two feet, and CRASHED into the floor.

It looks like spiders built webs all over the screen now. ;)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Sheesh. You all have been busy today. Lots of good stuff and some newbies.

I went to the doctor to discover what I had feared. Strep. I wanted a few more days off work but not like this. I used my last PTO day today so tomorrow I have to use a vacation day. Sucks! My mom took me to the doctor and now she's cleaning my house. It's really nice being taken care of.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I have been trying to look in the mirror and tell myself I'm beautiful/smart/something else every day. It's very difficult, and I haven't been able to convince myself yet, but I'm hoping that if I continue to tell myself these things I will one day grow to believe them. A goal of mine is to one day become a CONFIDENT person.

Two positive attributes: I feel I have a great deal of empathy and greatly dislike seeing others in pain, so I assume that must count for something. A second one... I guess I have a pretty creative mind and love writing/drawing/daydreaming.

Those are awesome traits! I'm the same way with empathy--I can't even stand to see someone get disappointed or let down without feeling so bad for them. :(

Thanks for your kind words, by the way! :) I'm so stoked that everyone thinks my baby is as gorgeous as I think she is. ;) I was telling my sister today (the sister who took her in for me because of my husband's allergies) about all of the people in this thread and how nice they are... And that they think my awesome baby is gorgeous. ;)
  • Oberon21
    Options

I envy people that love flying and don't get motion sickness.

Thanks for "listening" to my complaints though... Flying is just on my mind since it's coming up in a few days. (I may have some anxiety about flying after all lol)

Just people watch. It is fascinating. I have always loved flying and the idea of going new places. I think I was meant to be Indiana Jones or Princess Lea. Instead I am a office worker in NJ. Sigh.