Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Big day in our house - my son had his high school graduation. I was a weeping, emotional wreck because it's been a long, hard battle for all of us. He has ADHD and mild Asperger's, but he's (hopefully!) graduating from the regular school program. It feels like a huge triumph!
    fvs1bfqbgirl.jpg

That's awesome, congratulations to him and you. You look adorable in this picture.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    My birthday is 2 days after Christmas and our anniversary is the last day of June. If I had any advice for engaged couples it would definitely be, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, GET MARRIED THE SAME MONTH YOUR TAGS ARE DUE!!! That was ridiculously dumb on our part. It makes anniversaries a bit challenging. Luckily, our finances are in a place now where it's not as big of a deal, but let me tell you, it still sucks butt.

Wait...what? How expensive is registration out there?!

It depends on what kind of car you have and what year it is. I drive a 2012 Toyota Camry XLE Hybrid and the first year I had to pay for tags, it was over $500. This year is under $400. Still, that's a lot when you're not used to paying that every month. I'm not sure how it is other places, but in Kansas, you pay your registration according to your last name. Before I got married, my registration was due in September or something, now, because my name starts with "H", it's due in June. The same freaking month as my anniversary.

ETA: It's not the registration that is so high, it's the stupid property tax. I hate having to pay property tax for something I ALREADY PAID TAXES ON WHEN I BOUGHT IT. It's ridiculous.

The last name things seems super annoying.

It IS! Hence the caps lock. :blush:

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I prelogged my food today... I gave myself 4 servings of cherries (because I LOVE cherries) but I can't remember if I've already had 2 or 3 servings already :(

I hate when I weigh something & then two minutes later cannot remember how much it weighed LOL.

I thought I was the only one that did this. It's the worst with fruit/veggies.

• krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I prelogged my food today... I gave myself 4 servings of cherries (because I LOVE cherries) but I can't remember if I've already had 2 or 3 servings already :(

I hate when I weigh something & then two minutes later cannot remember how much it weighed LOL.

I keep my ipad in the kitchen with MFP pulled up so I can log it in immediately or I'd forget, too. lol.
  • BitterSweetWinter
    BitterSweetWinter Posts: 22 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I love all the pet photos too!

I gained 3 pounds before we left for Vegas last week to make my dress fit and I'm up another six today (which is hopefully mostly water and will go away soon), but we're married!

Sorry they're kinda huge...

IMG_2872_zpsz2916wyy.jpg

IMG_2848_zps7mjyrtxv.jpg

IMG_2843_zpswiblzkco.jpg

Awww you look freakin radiant! I hope it was everything you wanted and more! Congratulations!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Big day in our house - my son had his high school graduation. I was a weeping, emotional wreck because it's been a long, hard battle for all of us. He has ADHD and mild Asperger's, but he's (hopefully!) graduating from the regular school program. It feels like a huge triumph!
    fvs1bfqbgirl.jpg

Congratulations! You must be so proud of him! I hope it all went well!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I'm very pale like a bunch of you have said you are. I used to try tanning, but it didn't take. I've never had a tan or a sunburn in my life. I finally stopped trying and embraced my day walker skin. I sometimes get embarrassed by it, but I figure if people don't like it screw them. Being able to blind people with the color of my skin is a super power! ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

When I'm weighing a pile of veggies I make up a song about their weight in my head, then chant it continuously to myself until I can log it... ;)
  • Jazzybrass
    Jazzybrass Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ckmama wrote: »

I gained 3 pounds before we left for Vegas last week to make my dress fit and I'm up another six today (which is hopefully mostly water and will go away soon), but we're married!

IMG_2872_zpsz2916wyy.jpg

IMG_2848_zps7mjyrtxv.jpg

IMG_2843_zpswiblzkco.jpg

The two of you look so calm and happy and the guy 3 rows back looks terrified, lol. Congratulations.

Totally OT but I love that roller coaster! It is as scary as anything because it does not feel secure with just the over the shoulder thingies and the lap thingy
  • Lois_1989
    Options

IMG_2872_zpsz2916wyy.jpg

I would also like to point out that I love the colour of your shoes and that fact that your husband has a matching tie. :lol:
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I'm very pale like a bunch of you have said you are. I used to try tanning, but it didn't take. I've never had a tan or a sunburn in my life. I finally stopped trying and embraced my day walker skin. I sometimes get embarrassed by it, but I figure if people don't like it screw them. Being able to blind people with the color of my skin is a super power! ;)

Being Australian, I can't escape the sun; being pale-skinned, I've been sunburned more times than I care to remember. I have to set timers on my phone or come up with tricks and apply sunscreen every hour and even then I still get burned. And then after all that - no real tan.

Have a couple of confessions to make. Yesterday, after millions of excuses, I finally turned on the DVD of the Jillian Michaels Beginner Shred. Right! I told myself. Time to get moving! Time to get stronger!

...yeah, right. I couldn't finish the workout. I got halfway through. Really dirty on myself for not pushing through, but at the time I just didn't have the puff. Today, I'm kind of glad. My thighs are hurting big. So I guess the tl;dr is that I'm obviously REALLY weak and pathetic since I can't even get through that first workout? Try again tomorrow.

Second confession is that I should have gone to the rink tonight. I got out of work in plenty of time, so I should have. But my thighs were aching, and I was feeling yucky, so I didn't.

And then I went and fed the darned TOM with chips and scallops and now I actually feel sick, so...write off today, I guess!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to go swimming at all this week because my car broke down and the clutch has gone. There goes £400 I wasn't planning on spending this month and I won't get the car back for another couple of days so no swimming for me this week. Ugh.

In good news, I have discovered the medicinal properties of TUC biscuits when it comes to alleviating morning sickness. Salty, salty goodness. Paired with the no exercise, I am a bloaty lady (and it isn't baby bump). And I can't stop burping. I'm a proper delight all-round.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »

Being Australian, I can't escape the sun; being pale-skinned, I've been sunburned more times than I care to remember. I have to set timers on my phone or come up with tricks and apply sunscreen every hour and even then I still get burned. And then after all that - no real tan.

Have a couple of confessions to make. Yesterday, after millions of excuses, I finally turned on the DVD of the Jillian Michaels Beginner Shred. Right! I told myself. Time to get moving! Time to get stronger!

...yeah, right. I couldn't finish the workout. I got halfway through. Really dirty on myself for not pushing through, but at the time I just didn't have the puff. Today, I'm kind of glad. My thighs are hurting big. So I guess the tl;dr is that I'm obviously REALLY weak and pathetic since I can't even get through that first workout? Try again tomorrow.

Second confession is that I should have gone to the rink tonight. I got out of work in plenty of time, so I should have. But my thighs were aching, and I was feeling yucky, so I didn't.

And then I went and fed the darned TOM with chips and scallops and now I actually feel sick, so...write off today, I guess!

When I started exercising I couldn't even get through the warm up.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Me too! I will weigh out my lunch for the next day and have to immediately log it or I'll forget.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    In just a little bit, I'm going to drop off the registration form for my son to start preschool in the fall. I'm freaking out a little...where has my baby gone!? Don't back out..don't back out...
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options

IMG_2872_zpsz2916wyy.jpg

IMG_2848_zps7mjyrtxv.jpg

IMG_2843_zpswiblzkco.jpg

Congrats to you and these are really great pictures!! You look beautiful!
  • clover157
    clover157 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I decided to have a treat of some hot chocolate, as I've gone without anything sweet for a few weeks. I made it all by hand, Green & Blacks Cocoa, some dark brown sugar to sweeten it and milk with a little cardamon for flavour. I sat down to enjoy and.....

...it was completely meh. I drank it, hoping at some point the enjoyment would kick in. Nope. Now I'm just sat here, a little pissed at myself because I've just wasted about 150 calories on something so unsatisfying. I really wish I'd just had a chocolate hobnob or something.

Gutted.

This is the worst!! I hate wasting calories on food I don't enjoy.

Big big congrats to Tubbs and peleroja!! Beautiful pics.

Today's confession, my partner made a whole batch of shortbread and I ate 5 :( I'm really annoyed at myself, lucky I ended the day with 10 cals to spare.
    I resent him when he does this, him baking is a frequent occurrence. I know he isn't forcing me to eat but I have serious self control issues :( Plus he's on the road to diabetes and keeps paving his own path and it worries me :(
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Today, my husband and I were sitting together on our respective laptops, when he suddenly looked up and demanded... "Define yourself!"

...I confess that the first two words that popped into my head and spilled out of my mouth were "Ugly. Fat."

I also confess that this makes me sad. :'(
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    In just a little bit, I'm going to drop off the registration form for my son to start preschool in the fall. I'm freaking out a little...where has my baby gone!? Don't back out..don't back out...

I'm with you. My baby starts kindergarten in the fall and I'm freaking out as well. I'm also worried about him adjusting to a school environment since this is the first time he'll be going to school. He's been home with my husband for the past 2 years.