Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I love all the pet photos too!

I gained 3 pounds before we left for Vegas last week to make my dress fit and I'm up another six today (which is hopefully mostly water and will go away soon), but we're married!

Sorry they're kinda huge...

IMG_2872_zpsz2916wyy.jpg

IMG_2848_zps7mjyrtxv.jpg

IMG_2843_zpswiblzkco.jpg

Gorgeous! Congratulations!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Today, my husband and I were sitting together on our respective laptops, when he suddenly looked up and demanded... "Define yourself!"

...I confess that the first two words that popped into my head and spilled out of my mouth were "Ugly. Fat."

I also confess that this makes me sad. :'(

That makes me sad, too. Please work on positive self-talk. It is super hard, but so necessary.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I'm very pale like a bunch of you have said you are. I used to try tanning, but it didn't take. I've never had a tan or a sunburn in my life. I finally stopped trying and embraced my day walker skin. I sometimes get embarrassed by it, but I figure if people don't like it screw them. Being able to blind people with the color of my skin is a super power! ;)

Being Australian, I can't escape the sun; being pale-skinned, I've been sunburned more times than I care to remember. I have to set timers on my phone or come up with tricks and apply sunscreen every hour and even then I still get burned. And then after all that - no real tan.

Have a couple of confessions to make. Yesterday, after millions of excuses, I finally turned on the DVD of the Jillian Michaels Beginner Shred. Right! I told myself. Time to get moving! Time to get stronger!

...yeah, right. I couldn't finish the workout. I got halfway through. Really dirty on myself for not pushing through, but at the time I just didn't have the puff. Today, I'm kind of glad. My thighs are hurting big. So I guess the tl;dr is that I'm obviously REALLY weak and pathetic since I can't even get through that first workout? Try again tomorrow.

Second confession is that I should have gone to the rink tonight. I got out of work in plenty of time, so I should have. But my thighs were aching, and I was feeling yucky, so I didn't.

And then I went and fed the darned TOM with chips and scallops and now I actually feel sick, so...write off today, I guess!

We must have the same skin. I have four shades in my repetoire: ghostly pale, pink, red, and freckled.

Keep at it with the JM DVD. Just think how accomplished you will feel when you make it through the whole thing and think to yourself, "Hmph, that wasn't much of a challenge". And it WILL happen, I promise.

• ythannah
    Options
    Today, my husband and I were sitting together on our respective laptops, when he suddenly looked up and demanded... "Define yourself!"

...I confess that the first two words that popped into my head and spilled out of my mouth were "Ugly. Fat."

Although I suspect that one of the first words I'd use to define myself is also "ugly", I'm now tasking you to come up with two POSITIVE attributes to replace those ones.

Off the top of my head, mine would be "funny" (I promise, I constantly make people laugh IRL, probably not so evident on here) and "analytical".
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Today's confession is that I got pretty judgy in a couple of other threads yesterday. Sorry if I offended anyone, but there are a couple of whiny excuse factories on here that drive me nuts!

(oops...did I just judge in the "no-judgment" thread?)
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't know why I'm suddenly having such a hard time staying on track lately. I don't even remember it being this hard when I first started and had tons of bad habits to break and zero fitness level. WTF?! I haven't had any days that were 100% awful - I've kept up with my exercising and I'd say about 75% of my eating has still been fairly healthy. But I keep screwing up, and I hate that.

Like yesterday: I was hungry while I exercised (walking) and instead of ignoring it like I should've, I actually ate a bunch of Chex mix while I was walking. Talk about defeating the purpose (and I obviously wasn't pushing myself hard enough if I could stuff my face while walking either). What a waste.

I weighed myself yesterday morning and I'm up 3 pounds and at the same weight I was in the beginning of May. Might be water weight; might not. Regardless, it's like any of the work I've done these past few weeks was for nothing because of all the screw-ups. I just wish I could tap into some of the motivation I've had in the past and push through this. I don't know if it's because I'm burnt out or if I'm letting my emotions of late (stressed and depressed about being unemployed) take over where food is concerned. But I'm really tired of feeling like this. :/
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I'm very pale like a bunch of you have said you are. I used to try tanning, but it didn't take. I've never had a tan or a sunburn in my life. I finally stopped trying and embraced my day walker skin. I sometimes get embarrassed by it, but I figure if people don't like it screw them. Being able to blind people with the color of my skin is a super power! ;)

My daughter shares your super power. In our house we call it rockin' the Casper. :)
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Although I suspect that one of the first words I'd use to define myself is also "ugly", I'm now tasking you to come up with two POSITIVE attributes to replace those ones.

Off the top of my head, mine would be "funny" (I promise, I constantly make people laugh IRL, probably not so evident on here) and "analytical".

this is a great idea. We should all do this. 2 attributes about yourself that are positive. Believe me, you have so much more to offer than physical appearance and the way we see ourselves is so much different than others see us. If we all saw ourselves as others do- we would all be beautiful (and we are).
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ugh...so bummed. I had my youngest son Sept 2014 and it was a horrible pregnancy (actually both of mine were but his was the worst), complete with severe Hyperemesis (basically you throw up 30-40-50x/day and break blood vessels in your face, damage your esophageal lining, etc.) I had a home health nurse come and give me IVs every other day because I literally couldn't eat or drink anything. I still threw up constantly, just not as much.

It did serious damage to my teeth. Most of my enamel has worn off, teeth are rotted out, etc. I've been working on fixing my teeth since last Oct. We have spent $10k (seriously) just since March on root canals/crowns and we are TAPPED out. That was AFTER the $3k insurance covered. Our credit cards are maxed, savings is gone. Since Oct it's been 4 root canals/crowns, 8 fillings, 1 tooth pulled.

I go in tonight to have the dentist check another tooth that I'm thinking he has to pull. Awesome. That'll be like another $400 :( Never mind the constant mouth soreness and losing pieces of the tooth.

I'm OVER IT. I just want to scream/cry/hit things. I'm tired of constantly being in pain and being broke from it. It's not fair to my children that $ that could be used for their care is going to my stupid teeth :( I'm also mad that I'm 33 and having dental work done like I'm 50.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Today's confession is that I got pretty judgy in a couple of other threads yesterday. Sorry if I offended anyone, but there are a couple of whiny excuse factories on here that drive me nuts!

You can totally judge other threads. We determined that early in the game.

Confession: I totally ate cake for breakfast.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Being Australian, I can't escape the sun; being pale-skinned, I've been sunburned more times than I care to remember. I have to set timers on my phone or come up with tricks and apply sunscreen every hour and even then I still get burned. And then after all that - no real tan.

Have a couple of confessions to make. Yesterday, after millions of excuses, I finally turned on the DVD of the Jillian Michaels Beginner Shred. Right! I told myself. Time to get moving! Time to get stronger!

...yeah, right. I couldn't finish the workout. I got halfway through. Really dirty on myself for not pushing through, but at the time I just didn't have the puff. Today, I'm kind of glad. My thighs are hurting big. So I guess the tl;dr is that I'm obviously REALLY weak and pathetic since I can't even get through that first workout? Try again tomorrow.

Second confession is that I should have gone to the rink tonight. I got out of work in plenty of time, so I should have. But my thighs were aching, and I was feeling yucky, so I didn't.

And then I went and fed the darned TOM with chips and scallops and now I actually feel sick, so...write off today, I guess!

FWIW, I think Jillian has a rather warped view of "beginner." Same with her idea of modified.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I love all the pet photos too!

I gained 3 pounds before we left for Vegas last week to make my dress fit and I'm up another six today (which is hopefully mostly water and will go away soon), but we're married!

Sorry they're kinda huge...

IMG_2872_zpsz2916wyy.jpg

IMG_2848_zps7mjyrtxv.jpg

IMG_2843_zpswiblzkco.jpg

You're stunning & it looks like so much fun!! Congratulations!!!
  • kecmw25
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Big day in our house - my son had his high school graduation. I was a weeping, emotional wreck because it's been a long, hard battle for all of us. He has ADHD and mild Asperger's, but he's (hopefully!) graduating from the regular school program. It feels like a huge triumph!
    fvs1bfqbgirl.jpg

That's awesome! Congratulations to your son and you!!!
  • kecmw25
    Options
    I prelogged my food today... I gave myself 4 servings of cherries (because I LOVE cherries) but I can't remember if I've already had 2 or 3 servings already :(

I hate when I weigh something & then two minutes later cannot remember how much it weighed LOL.

Haha, I do that all the time
  • margfish
    margfish Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't know why I'm suddenly having such a hard time staying on track lately. I don't even remember it being this hard when I first started and had tons of bad habits to break and zero fitness level. WTF?! I haven't had any days that were 100% awful - I've kept up with my exercising and I'd say about 75% of my eating has still been fairly healthy. But I keep screwing up, and I hate that.

Like yesterday: I was hungry while I exercised (walking) and instead of ignoring it like I should've, I actually ate a bunch of Chex mix while I was walking. Talk about defeating the purpose (and I obviously wasn't pushing myself hard enough if I could stuff my face while walking either). What a waste.

I weighed myself yesterday morning and I'm up 3 pounds and at the same weight I was in the beginning of May. Might be water weight; might not. Regardless, it's like any of the work I've done these past few weeks was for nothing because of all the screw-ups. I just wish I could tap into some of the motivation I've had in the past and push through this. I don't know if it's because I'm burnt out or if I'm letting my emotions of late (stressed and depressed about being unemployed) take over where food is concerned. But I'm really tired of feeling like this. :/

Not for nothing! Think how much you might be up if you weren't getting it right 75% of the time plus still exercising! It's easy to completely give up, but you're hanging in there. Just focus on one day at a time.

And please explain to me how you were walking around with a pocketful of Chex mix?! ;) I love that, haha. Reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite.
  • ythannah
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

this is a great idea. We should all do this. 2 attributes about yourself that are positive. Believe me, you have so much more to offer than physical appearance and the way we see ourselves is so much different than others see us. If we all saw ourselves as others do- we would all be beautiful (and we are).

Aaaaaand... where are your two? ;)
    Ugh...so bummed. I had my youngest son Sept 2014 and it was a horrible pregnancy (actually both of mine were but his was the worst), complete with severe Hyperemesis (basically you throw up 30-40-50x/day and break blood vessels in your face, damage your esophageal lining, etc.) I had a home health nurse come and give me IVs every other day because I literally couldn't eat or drink anything. I still threw up constantly, just not as much.

It did serious damage to my teeth. Most of my enamel has worn off, teeth are rotted out, etc. I've been working on fixing my teeth since last Oct. We have spent $10k (seriously) just since March on root canals/crowns and we are TAPPED out. That was AFTER the $3k insurance covered. Our credit cards are maxed, savings is gone. Since Oct it's been 4 root canals/crowns, 8 fillings, 1 tooth pulled.

I go in tonight to have the dentist check another tooth that I'm thinking he has to pull. Awesome. That'll be like another $400 :( Never mind the constant mouth soreness and losing pieces of the tooth.

I'm OVER IT. I just want to scream/cry/hit things. I'm tired of constantly being in pain and being broke from it. It's not fair to my children that $ that could be used for their care is going to my stupid teeth :( I'm also mad that I'm 33 and having dental work done like I'm 50.

I'm sorry, that sounds horrible. Not the first time I've heard of pregnancy causing major dental issues. Actually, both my dentist and hygienist have confirmed that menopause can also cause problems (because I suddenly started having gum issues). Yay hormones.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

Don't worry, I'm a silent supporter because typically I have nothing genuine to add to the convo except things like #teamxMrBunglex or +1 ,which that does no one any good especially the OP haha
  • Barbosas77
    Barbosas77 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think plastic wrap is perfect for sweating!!! Plus I use sweet sweat which help sweat alot. I bought it at GNC. Give it a try!
  • Barbosas77
    Barbosas77 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    We've got friends over for lunch tomorrow ...it is a rule in my house that we always offer 3 puddings ...I've put them in my recipe builder and one of them is 870 calories a portion...I have no plans on eating it but it was yummy licking my fingers (I logged it)

Thats awesome!

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options

When I first started doing zumba I could barely get through the warm up song. Keep trying and you'll get there!