Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Edison563 wrote: »
    I only slept in 20 minute intervals last night, only ate crap, at least im staying home from school today but I'll probably do the same as yesterday, nothing.

New baby? Sounds like my first although I think the intervals were 30 minutes for about 4 months.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I've kind of lost my drive to keep on track, which is really stupid since I'll have to be seen in a swimsuit in a little more than a month. I just want to eat and drink what I want and not give a crap. I think I might be depressed because of all the crap that's going on right now with my stepdaughter (not going into that) and my kitty being gone.

I did have an NSV yesterday while cleaning out my closet. I have a pair of BCBG boots that have always been tight on my calves. I put them on yesterday and I actually had a little bit of room where they weren't suffocating my legs. I felt pretty good about that.

Awesome @the boots. Swimsuits suck!!!!
  • marissafit06
    Options
    This was me this weekend. I just wanted to eat all the food. I don't think I went crazy, except for maybe Sunday evening, but it was a rare occasion.

1eus53qyr05l.png

Yep, this is me too. I have a home bakery, too, so the licks/tastes do me in (starting to be my busy season with grad parties/weddings). I’ve stopped doing that but I still struggle with wanting to eat all the baked goods. I’m PCOS/Hypoglycemic/Pre-diabetic so I’m actually carb sensitive. I still eat some things, but I eat ridiculous amounts like ¼ of a brownie or ½ tbsp of frosting. If I don’t, I blow up like a balloon. I ignored that the last 6 months or so, hence the 20-25 lb I’m now trying to lose :(
    I ate relatively clean the last few days and managed to even shave off 0.5 lb. Worked out this morning but still want to faceplant in the spicy chocolate brownies I made last night.
    My oldest was running a 104 degree fever yesterday- luckily it’s down now to 101 but he’s still miserable. I resisted the urge to stress eat but just about drank my weight in iced tea/water trying to stay calm.
    This thread moves so fast I can’t keep up!

I hope your kiddo feels better soon.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    For those of you who love cute kitty pictures, here's one of my sister's doll-faced persian when he was an itty bitty kitten.

fpxbj63hcf8h.jpg

Today on my way to work I went by a shop that had a black kitty laying next to the mannequins at the widow. I paused to look at it and it meowed loudly at me. I wanted to pet it so bad!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Cannot resist fluffy kittens.

This is mine. Her name is Vameka but I just call her Monster, it's more appropriate. She's my 'heart cat', if there's such a thing, even if she's a pain in the butt.

DSC00686b_zps42e2af8b.jpg

Beautiful! That's exactly how I feel about my Owen. <3

I hope you get him back :(

Thanks. I was missing him yesterday. It would have been a great day for cuddles under a blanket on the couch.

I'm very sorry he still hasn't come home. Hugs to you and him.

+1
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    I love all the pet photos too!

I gained 3 pounds before we left for Vegas last week to make my dress fit and I'm up another six today (which is hopefully mostly water and will go away soon), but we're married!

Congratulations! You look absolutely beautiful!

Ditto!
  • marissafit06
    Options
    So as an experiment I decided to not log for a week and see how I would do.

I'm happy to report I've still managed to lose 2 lbs and 1-2 inches off my butt, thighs and waist. I'm kind of happy about this for 2 reasons.

1.) because I actually just eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full and finally feel satisfied ( I don't try to eat all my calories and get to my "goal" when I may not be hungry)

and

2.) because I realized I can actually eat a lot more than predicted and still manage to lose weight.

I'm debating if I should do it for a month and see where I am at. I still weight the calorie dense things, but I've managed to eyeball everything and be dead on with it, so who knows.

I really a want to try this. I think it will help with my anorexia if I'm not so focused on numbers and logging. My parents would feel better, too. They're scared to death for me. :anguished:

I'm way too terrified, though. :frowning:

I have no idea if this would help or not, but since your parents are involved and being supportive, would it be possible for you to just eyeball your portions, set out your meal or whatever snack you are going to eat and then your parents weigh and measure and log it secretly without you knowing, then you eat your served portion? Do that for a week or so, see where you're at and then you'll still have the actual info recorded so you can see how you are doing. Well, I'm not explaining that well, sorry.

I guess I just mean for you to eat intuitively as @ddrhellbunny did but have someone else log your food so that it's not so stressful to you.

Well, for one, I'm 28 and live alone. And two, my mom HATES that I weigh and track my food. I think she knew how obsessive I'd get even before I did. :confused:

They just want me to eat and be well and not worry. I just feel like my metabolism is destroyed and one false meal or an added rest day would ruin all my progress.

Thanks for the advice, though. :smile:

No advice, but I'm wishing you the best with dealing with eating.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    So as an experiment I decided to not log for a week and see how I would do.

I'm happy to report I've still managed to lose 2 lbs and 1-2 inches off my butt, thighs and waist. I'm kind of happy about this for 2 reasons.

1.) because I actually just eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full and finally feel satisfied ( I don't try to eat all my calories and get to my "goal" when I may not be hungry)

and

2.) because I realized I can actually eat a lot more than predicted and still manage to lose weight.

I'm debating if I should do it for a month and see where I am at. I still weight the calorie dense things, but I've managed to eyeball everything and be dead on with it, so who knows.

I really a want to try this. I think it will help with my anorexia if I'm not so focused on numbers and logging. My parents would feel better, too. They're scared to death for me. :anguished:

I'm way too terrified, though. :frowning:

I have no idea if this would help or not, but since your parents are involved and being supportive, would it be possible for you to just eyeball your portions, set out your meal or whatever snack you are going to eat and then your parents weigh and measure and log it secretly without you knowing, then you eat your served portion? Do that for a week or so, see where you're at and then you'll still have the actual info recorded so you can see how you are doing. Well, I'm not explaining that well, sorry.

I guess I just mean for you to eat intuitively as @ddrhellbunny did but have someone else log your food so that it's not so stressful to you.

Well, for one, I'm 28 and live alone. And two, my mom HATES that I weigh and track my food. I think she knew how obsessive I'd get even before I did. :confused:

They just want me to eat and be well and not worry. I just feel like my metabolism is destroyed and one false meal or an added rest day would ruin all my progress.

Thanks for the advice, though. :smile:

Honestly, I was terrified before hand to not log my meals. I always assumed I would just "go of the deep end" because it didn't matter what I ate cause I wasn't logging so it didn't count. You have to learn to trust yourself.

But honestly, I got over it. Sure, the first 2 days I was like ahhh crap I have no idea where I am in my calories for the day, but I stopped and actually looked at myself. I said, are you hungry? No, ok... find something to do. Did some things and thought about it in a few hours.

Are you hungry now? yeah, I could eat a bit. had a little food. Was it satisfying? yup! Ok, your done eating. sweet.

Not thinking about how many calories left for the day has been a real eye opener for me. I actually just think about if I am hungry or not and work from there.

It's a bit terrifying, I know, but maybe you can give it a shot for a week and see how you feel. Best of luck for you :)

I like this idea and will try it when I get to maintenance. I snack way too much and eat too many empty calories such as chips and chocolate that I need to log since it is so easy to overdo it. I commend you, though, for being successful with this approach.

I am the same way with ice cream & cookies. It would be so easy for me to overdo it with ice cream alone.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Big day in our house - my son had his high school graduation. I was a weeping, emotional wreck because it's been a long, hard battle for all of us. He has ADHD and mild Asperger's, but he's (hopefully!) graduating from the regular school program. It feels like a huge triumph!
    fvs1bfqbgirl.jpg
    That's great! Congrats!
  • marissafit06
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    My birthday is 2 days after Christmas and our anniversary is the last day of June. If I had any advice for engaged couples it would definitely be, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, GET MARRIED THE SAME MONTH YOUR TAGS ARE DUE!!! That was ridiculously dumb on our part. It makes anniversaries a bit challenging. Luckily, our finances are in a place now where it's not as big of a deal, but let me tell you, it still sucks butt.

Wait...what? How expensive is registration out there?!

Where I live it's about $35 plus tax.

Not the way it is here! It's based on the year and size and make of the vehicle. A new full sized truck can run $800 - $1000 for registration. My son has an '07 Tundra and his annual registration is $700.00. Back in '03 when we bought a new Honda Accord it was $600.00. It does gradually go down each year but both of our '03 vehicles still run about $130.00 per year. Sports cars are also higher fees.

Do you have an excise tax? We have one in MA, just learned about it, and it is based on the size/original cost of your car. That was a shocker for us.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I gained 3 pounds before we left for Vegas last week to make my dress fit and I'm up another six today (which is hopefully mostly water and will go away soon), but we're married!

Sorry they're kinda huge...

IMG_2872_zpsz2916wyy.jpg

IMG_2848_zps7mjyrtxv.jpg

IMG_2843_zpswiblzkco.jpg

Congrats!!!!

Congrats you look gorgeous!!

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

IMG_2872_zpsz2916wyy.jpg

IMG_2848_zps7mjyrtxv.jpg

IMG_2843_zpswiblzkco.jpg

Congrats!!!!

Congrats you look gorgeous!!

Didn't quote that right...anyway, congrats! You look beautiful!

• marissafit06
    Options
    My birthday is 2 days after Christmas and our anniversary is the last day of June. If I had any advice for engaged couples it would definitely be, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, GET MARRIED THE SAME MONTH YOUR TAGS ARE DUE!!! That was ridiculously dumb on our part. It makes anniversaries a bit challenging. Luckily, our finances are in a place now where it's not as big of a deal, but let me tell you, it still sucks butt.

It depends on what kind of car you have and what year it is. I drive a 2012 Toyota Camry XLE Hybrid and the first year I had to pay for tags, it was over $500. This year is under $400. Still, that's a lot when you're not used to paying that every month. I'm not sure how it is other places, but in Kansas, you pay your registration according to your last name. Before I got married, my registration was due in September or something, now, because my name starts with "H", it's due in June. The same freaking month as my anniversary.

ETA: It's not the registration that is so high, it's the stupid property tax. I hate having to pay property tax for something I ALREADY PAID TAXES ON WHEN I BOUGHT IT. It's ridiculous.

The last name things seems super annoying.
  • marissafit06
    edited May 2015
    Options

IMG_2872_zpsz2916wyy.jpg

IMG_2848_zps7mjyrtxv.jpg

IMG_2843_zpswiblzkco.jpg

Those are beautiful. I love your dress!

Eta: Congrats!!! And screw the extra pounds.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I prelogged my food today... I gave myself 4 servings of cherries (because I LOVE cherries) but I can't remember if I've already had 2 or 3 servings already :(

I hate when I weigh something & then two minutes later cannot remember how much it weighed LOL.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    Big day in our house - my son had his high school graduation. I was a weeping, emotional wreck because it's been a long, hard battle for all of us. He has ADHD and mild Asperger's, but he's (hopefully!) graduating from the regular school program. It feels like a huge triumph!
    fvs1bfqbgirl.jpg

Congrats!!!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I see lots more super cute animal pics. :)

AngryViking1970-Happy Birthday!

Confession:Just_Ceci talking about her husband shopping way in advance reminded me that I'm already done with Christmas shopping for the year. I like being done early to avoid stress later. I also like doing it that way because I can spend a little out of each paycheck instead of having to spend a lot at one time closer to the holidays.

I do the same thing and I love being done early. I sometimes still go to Black Friday though if there is something really good, although the past few years stores have been putting most deals online so I don't have to go anywhere. Score!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Beautiful wedding and graduation photos (and adorable pet photos)! It's been a good photo day on the confessions thread.

Congrats, peleroja and Tubbs!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »

Where I live it's about $35 plus tax.

Not the way it is here! It's based on the year and size and make of the vehicle. A new full sized truck can run $800 - $1000 for registration. My son has an '07 Tundra and his annual registration is $700.00. Back in '03 when we bought a new Honda Accord it was $600.00. It does gradually go down each year but both of our '03 vehicles still run about $130.00 per year. Sports cars are also higher fees.

Wow. I bought a new car in Indiana and my tags were around $300/year. I guess that's a little less than 1% of what the car was worth. My other car (an '04 Explorer) was like $60, which was the minimum charge.

All of the other states I've lived in, it's a flat amount, and usually less than $100 per car.

Property taxes in Cook County, IL for my house, on the other hand - were around $10k per year.

As much as I enjoyed Chicago in the summertime, I'm glad to be out of there.

Yeah, tell me about it, although I still think it's worth it to be here!

(And ridiculous as my registration plus Chicago parking sticker is, I guess it's worse elsewhere.)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I see lots more super cute animal pics. :)

AngryViking1970-Happy Birthday!

Confession:Just_Ceci talking about her husband shopping way in advance reminded me that I'm already done with Christmas shopping for the year. I like being done early to avoid stress later. I also like doing it that way because I can spend a little out of each paycheck instead of having to spend a lot at one time closer to the holidays.

I do the same thing and I love being done early. I sometimes still go to Black Friday though if there is something really good, although the past few years stores have been putting most deals online so I don't have to go anywhere. Score!
    My Christmas shopping style would probably give you a nervous breakdown - I never plan anything and usually go out the week before, sometimes Christmas Eve. I have, on a couple of occasions, shopped online a few weeks early, and been very pleased with myself for that.

My husband is worse than me - because of that I usually get quite nice presents as he goes out in a 'no expense spared' panic at 3pm on Christmas Eve.

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the good wishes!
    ETA: I feel a bit odd about posting a picture - I don't have a single one of me anywhere else on MFP.

It was a wonderful pic of all of you. Is your profile pic a Mii? I saw a resemblance. We used to love making Mii's to match ourselves.