Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Hard confession here cuz it just happened again...

I went to the Dollar Tree to grab 3-4 things best bought there. Was shopping fine enough, come time to checkout. A line out about 6 people deep with a ton of crap to buy and only one cashier checking people out.... Nope. No thanks. Not gonna happen. I dropped my hand basket in the center of the aisle where I stood and walked out. If you spend more time in line trying to pay for what you just shopped for then there is a problem with your practice! Yes, waiting is a part of living and in most cases there's no getting around it... The problem I have is not with the cashier doing their part so I never cut them a look or anything, I blame the business for insufficient staffing and I refuse to support them by making a purchase at that time.
    I've walked out of so many stores because I don't feel like waiting in line.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I decided to try the stationary bike at the gym today.... it was almost successful in murdering my butt. I thought the stationary bike was going to be easy after 40 minutes of stairmaster, but nope!!! They need to invest in some comfy seats so my tush can stop screaming at me.

That's the main thing keeping me from getting a bike. Mix a Lot wrote a song about it once...

LOL! And so true! My son got a new bike a couple weeks ago...I tried to ride it...No flipping way!

The pains subside rather quickly. Usually about a week for new riders... After that, you are good to go!

Ya, you gotta build up some "butt callouses" then you'll be okay. :grin:

I've biked a lot for almost 30 years. And by a lot I mean it has varied from a short daily commute to long biking vacations (i.e. from a few miles to lots of miles). I have one tip to add to the others. Bike shorts designed for women. Takes a few rides to get used to but makes a big difference.

You do have to find the right ones though. Not TOO padded...that just causes more problems. And try Hoo Ha Ride Glide:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_6?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=hoo+ha+ride+glide&sprefix=hoo+ha,aps,168

Totally helps. I actually get more sore in the creases of my legs where they connect to my body... that for me gets really painful if I don't carefully arrange the shorts as I am biking.

Likewise for me in the creases. I've had a saddle sore or 2 in those exact spots that luckily didn't need too much attention other than a quick yet OMG sooo painful squeeze & pop and they didn't sideline me at all so I consider myself fortunate.
    On my 13 mile commute I have to stand and adjust my chamois shorts a few times to avoid any gathering problems. It probably doesn't help I wear loose sweatshorts over my chamois and not biker shorts but I have a 38" inseam and while I think my legs look decent enough, I don't care to share my sun deprived upper thighs with the general public. LOL

@m1xm0d3 My SO also has a 38" inseam so I'm going to pounce on you (as I do every other tall MFP member) and ask WHERE THE HELL DO YOU FIND PANTS??

Seriously. The poor guy wears one style of Levis and his current suit pants are unhemmed because he can't lose any length (fortunately it's not obvious). He has to get a new suit this summer and I have no idea where to even start. Big & Tall stores aren't helpful because the waist sizes are always too big.

I am a 36/38 x 38 and I buy online and online only. lol

Levi's is great for the B&T so that's my go-to for jeans. Pants I go to Kingsize direct. There's also casual male xl.

SO is 38/38. Thankfully, we can special order the jeans through a workwear store and he stocks up when they have a deal on Levis.

Thanks for the other retailers!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    confession: i drink way too much. way, way too much. it's caused me a lot of issues over the past couple of years (i've wrecked my car, twice; cheated on my boyfriend, which destroyed the relationship), which you would think would slow down my consumption, but instead i'm just drinking more "carefully." for most people these would be the "life changing events" where they have a massive realization that they need to turn their lives around, then everything is a montage of hard work, making amends and going on oprah.

but i don't have that. and i'm not really sure why. i think some of it might be attributed to the prozac and welbutrin i take. i just mostly feel dead inside.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

I went to the Dollar Tree to grab 3-4 things best bought there. Was shopping fine enough, come time to checkout. A line out about 6 people deep with a ton of crap to buy and only one cashier checking people out.... Nope. No thanks. Not gonna happen. I dropped my hand basket in the center of the aisle where I stood and walked out. If you spend more time in line trying to pay for what you just shopped for then there is a problem with your practice! Yes, waiting is a part of living and in most cases there's no getting around it... The problem I have is not with the cashier doing their part so I never cut them a look or anything, I blame the business for insufficient staffing and I refuse to support them by making a purchase at that time.

We were shopping the other night at Wal-Mart (we were in a small town and it was the only thing open that had what we needed) and there was seriously 1 lane open. In the whole entire store. One freakin' lane! Luckily, we didn't have a whole basket full of stuff, but still, I thought it was ridiculous. I've left a cart somewhere because I didn't feel like waiting in line for 20 minutes.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options

Totally understand. The Family Dollar I go to here is the same way. One cashier and maybe one other person stocking. How safe is that, anyway? No wonder they always have shoplifters. I will only go there early on a weekend morning when I know they aren't busy.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    confession: i drink way too much. way, way too much. it's caused me a lot of issues over the past couple of years (i've wrecked my car, twice; cheated on my boyfriend, which destroyed the relationship), which you would think would slow down my consumption, but instead i'm just drinking more "carefully." for most people these would be the "life changing events" where they have a massive realization that they need to turn their lives around, then everything is a montage of hard work, making amends and going on oprah.

but i don't have that. and i'm not really sure why. i think some of it might be attributed to the prozac and welbutrin i take. i just mostly feel dead inside.

I can totally relate to your situation :( I hit my "rock bottom" (I'm too scared to admit what that was) January of this year and haven't had a sip of alcohol since. I still have nightmares about getting drunk, blacking out, and bad things happening that are extremely vivid the next morning. I can honestly say since then I haven't had the urge to drink at all. My goal is to quit for the rest of my life- but- since I'm only 29 I'm taking it one day at a time. I wish you luck and my heart breaks for you because I've been through all you have and I know how awful it makes you feel. I'm here if you ever need to talk!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I confess, I feel a poop coming on.

You're still slacking in the confessions department, Pancake.

I'm a very pure, innocent soul. Not much to confess. :)

That's not what you said a few pages ago! Spill it! And I don't mean what you just said in your previous post. That we don't need to hear about. Since you're still with us on this thread you might as well contribute something good!

Poop isn't good enough for you people? That usually knocks 'em dead most places. Tough crowd. Hmmm. Confessions, confessions, let me think...

I confess that my dad's a recovering alcoholic who got rid of all the pets I loved and my childhood home when I was younger because he needed to move to Florida to try and keep my mom from divorcing him. When he was down in Florida, I witnessed my dad have an alcoholic seizure in front of my girlfriend who was meeting my parents for the first time. That was quite a few years ago, so he is doing better now. Even though I love my dad, we don't talk very much because he lives with my mom in NC now. That makes me a little sad, and I probably still harbor anger and resentment towards him.

Good enough?

Yes, that definitely qualifies as a confession. Growing up with an alcoholic parent is hard. My dad's dad was an alcoholic. Affected him and his brothers negatively in many ways.

Is he in a recovery program or does he just drink less? Sounds like your parents are still together. Is that a good thing or bad? Sorry about the loss of the pets. I don't tell many people this but about 2 years into my first marriage I had to move out of my house, find a place to live, and re-home 4 cats in less than 2 weeks. With a 2 yr. old. I wasn't as successful as I'd have liked to have been as far as the re-homing so I've never allowed myself to have pets ever again. :(

As far as I know, he just doesn't drink at all. That is one thing that my dad and I have in common. If we really want something, we make sure that we get it. No matter what the cost. So I do believe he is a person that just stopped. My parents being together is a very good thing. My mother's a sweetheart. That sucks about your pets. I have a couple cats and a dog now.

So, I want to know...is that really your chest? :)

I confess, that is really my chest. Taken with an iPad in my bathroom, right after a workout, flexing to exaggerate things a bit. I then used the black and white option on the iPad photo editor.

I also confess, I edited this for grammar.

Impressive. There was a guy in another thread (which I have no time anymore to check any other thread as this takes all my free time) who claimed some pic was of him, and it was some British actor. He totally got busted. He kept insisting it was himself until someone found the exact same picture on the internet and posted it. He finally confessed.

I was wondering if you were 'enhancing'. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

We were shopping the other night at Wal-Mart (we were in a small town and it was the only thing open that had what we needed) and there was seriously 1 lane open. In the whole entire store. One freakin' lane! Luckily, we didn't have a whole basket full of stuff, but still, I thought it was ridiculous. I've left a cart somewhere because I didn't feel like waiting in line for 20 minutes.

This is why I stopped shopping at WalMart.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    I used Wal Mart's site to store for the first time this past Christmas and waited for twenty minutes to pick up someone's present, but apparently, the people ahead of me had to wait for at least an hour because there was nobody working in that department for a while.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options

Uugh. That's specifically why I avoid walmart whenever I can. On the odd chance I do have to go, I check out in Electronics or Sporting Goods. Whichever I am closer to at the moment.

scumbag-walmart.jpg
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I hate WalMart. Their official policy (here) is not to redirect or confront or scold people for having too many items in the express line.

I know this because I once went through express with ONE item while the woman in front of me had 38. Yes, I counted. I wanted to say something to her but it would have been something really b*tchy and I'm trying to be a nicer person. So I pointed out to the cashier that the customer had exceeded the posted item limit about three times over, and she advised me that they weren't allowed to say anything.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....

That's just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. Losing a pet, no matter how or when, is always so hard.

I have an indoor/outdoor (mostly outdoor) cat that I haven't seen in almost 2 weeks. We live in kind of a wooded area so I think an animal got him. I was thinking something happened last week when I didn't see him, but now that almost a whole week has passed and I still haven't seen him, I'm pretty sure he's gone for good. He was my boy and I'm sad I'll probably never get to hold him again. :'(:'(:'(

So far my little guy is hanging on, but still not really eating anything but hand fed corn flakes.....

Sorry about your kitty!! That is so hard!

Glad your little guy is hanging in there. Maybe he just needs to serious TLC that only hand fed corn flakes can provide.

I was really struggling with Owen being gone yesterday. Every time I'd think about him, I'd bread down in tears. I hope he makes his way back home. That's him in my profile picture.

Aww... I am so sorry about your cat. That is why all my cats are 100% indoor, I am so paranoid. I am currently courting a feral all black cat on my porch that I have been feeding for about a year now...trying to get him inside eventually. Not that I need 4.

And speaking of 4... I have a fifth cat that I started feeding on my porch every day too... black and white. Totally friendly. I finally took him to the vet on Monday and he is microchipped! So we are tracking his owners, which I am sure they dumped him, so far we traced him to a shelter in TN, then he was adopted and taken to DE, then surrendered to a shelter near my home, so now we are trying to find out if the shelter readopted him out or if he somehow got free.

I had to let him loose again (wasn't spending hundreds on a cat that I had to hand over to someone else) and I can't have him in my home until he is tested for feline AIDS And leukemia. So still feeding him on the porch. I am worried something will happen before the vet agrees I can keep him and will treat him. So I may soon have 4 in house, and one on the porch. Then eventually maybe I'll get Porch Kitty into my condo. Then it will be 5. I basically have a Kitty Condo. I swore I would never have more than 3. I am becoming a crazy cat lady.

Thank you and I applaud you for taking care of all these kitties. I wonder what's so terrible about Porch Kitty that he keeps getting taken to shelters?!

I wouldn't call you a crazy cat lady. I'll refer to you as the "Caring Cat Lady".

Black and White Kitty is the one that has been in shelters. Porch Kitty is the feral one I am working on. He/She is totally black.

My friend said the same thing...and said he may 'spray'. This could be bad. If he does that I have another friend who rescues dogs/cats who may find him a home. Or one of the women at the Tack Shelter where I get my horse supplies said they have a barn that needs a cat. So I may bring him there. That is better than living on my porch that is right on the parking lot/road.

I misread that, I apologize. That's what I get for trying to multitask at work.

Owen sprayed everything and he's fixed. That's a big reason he was relegated to an outside/garage kitty. I think making the black/white kitty a barn cat, sounds like a splendid idea. Barn cats are awesome. At least everyone that I've ever met was. Good luck with all these fancy felines.

No need to apologize its very confusing. I also feed the 2 barn cats at our barn. So I am currently supporting SEVEN. INSANE. CRAZY.

He is fixed (has the trimmed ear). But I can't have a cat spraying in my condo. ICK. So it may be that he will be a barn cat. He is so unbelievably sweet. Total mush.

I confess I worry terribly about getting laid off with all the wacky stuff going on at my job. Not because of myself personally, I can live in a single room and live on air, but I have my horse and SEVEN cats to support. Plus I know once these two porch cats work their way into my house, more will show up. :(
  • CooCooPuff
    Options

I hate WalMart. Their official policy (here) is not to redirect or confront or scold people for having too many items in the express line.

I know this because I once went through express with ONE item while the woman in front of me had 38. Yes, I counted. I wanted to say something to her but it would have been something really b*tchy and I'm trying to be a nicer person. So I pointed out to the cashier that the customer had exceeded the posted item limit about three times over, and she advised me that they weren't allowed to say anything.
    Do most stores in your area pay attention to the express lane rules? The only place around here that actually told a customer to move to another line was an Asian grocery store I don't get to go to often.

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I used Wal Mart's site to store for the first time this past Christmas and waited for twenty minutes to pick up someone's present, but apparently, the people ahead of me had to wait for at least an hour because there was nobody working in that department for a while.

Walmart site 2 store is a joke. I did a pickup a month or so ago and had a huge wait. Like 20 minutes with only 2 people in front of me. And of those 2 people, they couldn't find one's order and the lady said she had JUST got the email note to come pick it up. Ooooh talk about MAD! I know I would have shown my azz for sure.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Okay, so many of us confessed to this a while ago as well, so no judgment (I have been on and off on this these last few months due to some personal realizations about my drinking as well, and have mostly quit but still not totally much to my disgust) but if you are combining that with Prozac and Welbutrin you are seriously putting your life at risk. Seek help. No matter how bad things are its not worth your life.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

I don't have personal experience with those medications, but is it even worse to drink while on those? Not judging. I get what you're saying. I've not done it to your extent, but I have incorrectly used alcohol in the past to deal with problems. Well, to mask them. Or to mask my feelings. Then I went through a 5 year period where I had NO feelings at all. My husband would even call me a zombie. I'd drink just so that I'd have some feelings.

Worked through it. Stopped drinking for 2 years during that time. I do drink again now. Probably more than I should but I no longer get drunk. Too many bad things could happen and I don't like it to negatively affect my health. Hang in there and feel free to vent - you are not alone.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

Nope, they aren't. People know this and abuse it.

Walmart.com is a godsend! Free shipping to my home for any orders over $50.00. I order almost all of my non-perishable foods, toiletries, household cleaners, etc. Then I go to a different grocery store only for my fruit, vegetables, dairy, etc. Haven't set foot in Walmart for almost a year and I intend to keep that streak growing.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I finally thought of a new confession on the 'things we did as a kid' category. My brother had all these Playboy magazines in the basement, and Hustler, and some other smaller publication that was really really nasty/revealing. As a kid I was astonished at the pictures when I found them. But of course, I HAD to show them to my friends. Brought them to school (this was like 3rd or 4th grade), and showed them to kids on the playground. Well someone ratted me out and I got busted. I will never forget getting dropped off from the bus that day and dragging myself across the lawn to my front door knowing my dad (who worked at home at the time so would be home) was going to be waiting.

To this day I can't remember the punishment (probably got spanked with the belt on the backside) but I can remember every step of that death march to the door.

It may have been the chest conversation as well that brought it to mind. :wink:
  • philotherianism
    philotherianism Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    sometimes I'll binge eat like crazy - I'm talking 4 slices of pizza or half a cheesecake - and I won't log it because it's so shameful. I just kind of... pretend it didn't happen.