Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Ok...my confession.....I've drank maple syrup right from the bottle. It seems a shame to water it down with pancakes.

That's epic!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    On the only child thing, I have 3 brothers so was used to being surrounded by other kids. Then when I was 9 I went to live with an aunt for a year whose kids were grown so was essentially an only child for that year. It wasn't due to any bad circumstances - it was to learn French by immersing myself in the country/culture, worked a treat!. So I was in a different country to my brothers and really didn't hear from them for most of the year.

On the one hand there weren't any kids to talk to in the house, but on the other hand I've always valued my own company. I was awesome at imaginary play, or just disappearing for an afternoon to paint pictures. From a quality of life point of view, I enjoyed myself either way. Kids are adaptable, so I think I just adapted to whatever environment I was in. I think the main thing is that the child feels secure and loved. Everything else will sort itself out, be it single child or siblings galore.

That's a great perspective! Thanks
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    msalbd wrote: »
    I hid a pint of Ben & Jerry's Hazed & Confused by putting it an empty bag of frozen vegetables. My kids...husband...looked right past it as I secretly worked on it. Took me about four days to polish it off and I couldn't decide what was more satisfying. The ice cream itself Or having ice cream JUST FOR ME safely, closely, stored in my freezer and no one pestering me to let them have some! Issues, hu? Layed out for you there, clear as can be!

GENIUS!!!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Confession: I want to go on a vacation with just my husband without the 5 and 7 year old. I am willing to let them stay with family for a few days. Not a month or anything, like a long weekend. My husband doesn't trust a sole on this earth with his kids so this won't happen. At least until my kids are out of the house. So I will get a kid free vacation in about 11 years if I'm lucky. This is sad to me because I think couples need time together, but I feel guilty too like he's the better parent because I'm ok with them being with other people for a few days and he won't have it. ok rambling over.
    Oh, try to persuade him. It's the best thing ever to get away just the two of you. My parents were great about taking our kids when they were little. Do you ever get a night out even? If yes, maybe try to stretch that to an overnight - stay close to home so that DH knows he can get home quickly if anything goes wrong. Once he realises how fun it is (and you make it worth his while, ifyaknowwhattimean!!) he'll want to do it again.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MPF is eating half my posts???

forum's on its summer cut

That made me LOL :p
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Confession: I read a lot of articles about weight loss, exercise, etc. But I only believe the ones I want to. For example, I read once that it really isn't neccessary to do ab exercises, that your abs get plenty of work during your other exercise. I really wish I could find a similar article about push ups.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I've taken on way too big of a project. :/ We have a really big back deck that was starting to peel quite badly in places, so I thought I'd pressure wash it, get the worst of the peeling off and then restain the patches.
    Now about a third is bare-ish wood, another third is combination stain and bare, and the last third is good, solid stain that doesn't want to come off. I have no idea how to proceed. My husband comes home from his 12 day work stint on Sunday and I hate having things that he needs to work on - I'm not working at the moment so I think I should handle 'the house'. I kind of want to hire a sander from Home Depot but those things are heavy buggers and I'm not sure I'm strong enough to wrangle it. Why do I do this to myself?
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Confession: I want to go on a vacation with just my husband without the 5 and 7 year old. I am willing to let them stay with family for a few days. Not a month or anything, like a long weekend. My husband doesn't trust a sole on this earth with his kids so this won't happen. At least until my kids are out of the house. So I will get a kid free vacation in about 11 years if I'm lucky. This is sad to me because I think couples need time together, but I feel guilty too like he's the better parent because I'm ok with them being with other people for a few days and he won't have it. ok rambling over.

Awww. Maybe he'll change his mind one day.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    On the only child thing, I have 3 brothers so was used to being surrounded by other kids. Then when I was 9 I went to live with an aunt for a year whose kids were grown so was essentially an only child for that year. It wasn't due to any bad circumstances - it was to learn French by immersing myself in the country/culture, worked a treat!. So I was in a different country to my brothers and really didn't hear from them for most of the year.

On the one hand there weren't any kids to talk to in the house, but on the other hand I've always valued my own company. I was awesome at imaginary play, or just disappearing for an afternoon to paint pictures. From a quality of life point of view, I enjoyed myself either way. Kids are adaptable, so I think I just adapted to whatever environment I was in. I think the main thing is that the child feels secure and loved. Everything else will sort itself out, be it single child or siblings galore.

That's a great perspective! Thanks

Ditto. :)
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I confess that I don't know if I want to be a mother. When I was younger, I always wanted a big family - 4 kids or so. Now that I am 29 and the more I get established in my career and see the fruits of my job (mostly putting money into savings) I don't know if I want the responsibility. There are parts of being a mom that I really want, such as doing crafts, going to kid movies, Halloween/Christmas/Easter - the fun stuff. But I don't know if I can handle all the other stuff, such as getting up in the middle of the night for feedings, changing diapers, dealing with sick/vomity kids, bratty meltdowns in stores, being annoyed when I just want me time.

I feel selfish because I just want the fun stuff but not the whole package.

I've always known that I don't want any kids. I feel the same way as you for part of your confession. I wish I could just have kids for the holidays (and because I'm curious as to what they would have looked like-I think my boyfriend and I would have had really cute kids). Otherwise, I don't want kids at all.

I'm REALLY behind on this thread. :) Hoping to catch up today.

• margfish
    margfish Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    For all you would-be bikers out there: invest in a pair of padded bike shorts! SO worth it. :)
  • margfish
    margfish Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oh, and confession: if my hair is up in a bun, it's because I snoozed too many times and ran out of time to wash it. See today.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I need to say something that will lighten the heavy feeling I have today. The weather is NOT helping either.

In just over 6 weeks, my husband and I will be jetting down to Florida for a VERY belated honeymoon. I could NOT be more excited if I tried. I am also extremely nervous and anxious about the whole thing. I really don't know what to expect and that's very thrilling and nerve wracking at the same time. I'm excited to wear my new swimsuit and sun hat I just bought this weekend. It's very chic. I just need to get some cute maxi dresses and a cute swimsuit cover up to wear on the beach. I could also use some helpful tips about traveling by plane.

Thanks!

Make sure you follow the airlines rules about what you can/can't take in your carry-on (and check to make sure your bag is an acceptable size). It'll suck if you have to throw out something when you're going through security! Be aware that belt buckles and sometimes underwire in bras can set off the metal detectors, so just something to think about while getting dressed that day :) I prefer to sleep on planes, so one of those wrap around neck pillows is a must for me, but I know some people can't sleep so you might not need one. Give yourself lots of time to get to the airport and through security. Check BEFORE you leave home if your flight is delayed/cancelled for some reason.

If you've never flown before and aren't sure how your stomach will handle it, pack some ginger pills or Gravol just in case.

ETA: Also, pack gum or chewy candy, something to chew while taking off & landing (for your ears). I actually wear ear plugs when I fly. They might not work for everyone, and it does say to take them out once you're at altitude, but I just wear them the whole time. It's a little annoying if you have to talk to someone since you can't tell how loud you're talking, but with them in my ears don't pop at all and it is wonderful.

WOW!!! @ShibaEars that was ALL very useful information. I do remember chewing gum on the plane and my ears are very sensitive to elevation changes so that's a must for me. I also have some Beats headphones so I'll be bringing them along too. I will make sure to dress comfortable with a wireless bra (probably workout out clothes since they're super comfortable) so I don't get pulled aside by the NSA.

My husband and I are going to sit down and make a list of all the stuff we need to buy, do and plan. Little tip about me...I LOVE LISTS!!! It's soothing to my mild OCD.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I've taken on way too big of a project. :/ We have a really big back deck that was starting to peel quite badly in places, so I thought I'd pressure wash it, get the worst of the peeling off and then restain the patches.
    Now about a third is bare-ish wood, another third is combination stain and bare, and the last third is good, solid stain that doesn't want to come off. I have no idea how to proceed. My husband comes home from his 12 day work stint on Sunday and I hate having things that he needs to work on - I'm not working at the moment so I think I should handle 'the house'. I kind of want to hire a sander from Home Depot but those things are heavy buggers and I'm not sure I'm strong enough to wrangle it. Why do I do this to myself?

Is two thirds of a really big deck too much for a hand-held power sander?

The other thing I'd do is see what options are available for the big sanders. They might have smaller, more manageable ones... I know they usually have several different types/sizes of other tools I've rented there.

Take this with several grains of salt... I'd probably choose to slap down more stain on the unstained areas and hope for the best. In fact, this is pretty much what I'll be doing with a painted concrete pad in my yard... "touching up" the areas where paint has peeled off, even though I suspect they will just repeel every year.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    I need to say something that will lighten the heavy feeling I have today. The weather is NOT helping either.

In just over 6 weeks, my husband and I will be jetting down to Florida for a VERY belated honeymoon. I could NOT be more excited if I tried. I am also extremely nervous and anxious about the whole thing. I really don't know what to expect and that's very thrilling and nerve wracking at the same time. I'm excited to wear my new swimsuit and sun hat I just bought this weekend. It's very chic. I just need to get some cute maxi dresses and a cute swimsuit cover up to wear on the beach. I could also use some helpful tips about traveling by plane.

Thanks!

Make sure you follow the airlines rules about what you can/can't take in your carry-on (and check to make sure your bag is an acceptable size). It'll suck if you have to throw out something when you're going through security! Be aware that belt buckles and sometimes underwire in bras can set off the metal detectors, so just something to think about while getting dressed that day :) I prefer to sleep on planes, so one of those wrap around neck pillows is a must for me, but I know some people can't sleep so you might not need one. Give yourself lots of time to get to the airport and through security. Check BEFORE you leave home if your flight is delayed/cancelled for some reason.

If you've never flown before and aren't sure how your stomach will handle it, pack some ginger pills or Gravol just in case.

Congratulations on your belated honeymoon! I'm sure you'll have an excellent time. My biggest flying tip is to drink plenty of water - I always get soooo dehydrated. And make sure you have a sweater or little travel blanket, planes are usually cold (at least for me, I'm always cold though)!

I'm always cold too. Do they sell travel blankets? Can I bring water or get water on the plane? I try to drink a minimum of 16 ounces of water by 10 am, so hopefully I'll be fine. Just hope I don't have to pee until I can make it to our layover stop.

Thanks for the congratulations. When I say VERY belated, I'm talking 15 years belated. :smiley:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Confession - getting pissed off this year again at the horrible cliffhangers in my shows' finales. Seriously... stop. We'll watch next season anyway, why leave it like that for 4 months?
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I don't mind the scars on my ankle and shoulder at all. Actually, I'm kinda bummed at how much the shoulder scar has faded.

Scars ARE kind of badass!
    Agreed - scars are cool and interesting. I have to restrain myself from asking people about their scars because I know it's rude.

Scars are tattoos with better stories. We saw that tshirt a couple of weeks ago.

I have said this for years as well!

I confess that I like what Ron White says about tattoos:

"Tattoos are permanent stupidity bruises."
    I wouldn't mind one, but I think I'd end up like this:
    yxvpn76rjkjh.gif

Oh dear god I agree! I was a corrections officer for three years and I saw all kinds of hideous, horrible tattoos! I've thought about it but they're just not my thing I think after a year or so I'd get bored with whatever it was and want it off of me! This is not to say that I dislike them I think some people have really neat and amazing tattoos!

Ps I was watching Tattoo Nightmares at the gym today! Love that show!

I have a very small and tasteful tattoo of my daughter's name in a really pretty script on the inside of my right wrist. I LOVE it! It hurt like hell, but I'd do it again. I want more, but I'm terrified of needles, so I don't know if it will happen or not.

I have an orange ribbon with my daughter's name in it on my ankle. It was in honor of her fight with ALL (leukemia). She is now a survivor and we are celebrating that.

That's a stellar reason to have a tattoo! Congrats to your baby girl!

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Congratulations on your belated honeymoon! I'm sure you'll have an excellent time. My biggest flying tip is to drink plenty of water - I always get soooo dehydrated. And make sure you have a sweater or little travel blanket, planes are usually cold (at least for me, I'm always cold though)!

I'm always cold too. Do they sell travel blankets? Can I bring water or get water on the plane? I try to drink a minimum of 16 ounces of water by 10 am, so hopefully I'll be fine. Just hope I don't have to pee until I can make it to our layover stop.

Thanks for the congratulations. When I say VERY belated, I'm talking 15 years belated. :smiley:

You can't bring water (or any other liquid) through security, except the tiny travel size things (3oz) in a 1qt Ziploc bag. You CAN bring an empty water bottle though, and fill it once you're through.

They also serve drinks on the plane, so you can totally do that too. And airplane bathrooms aren't nearly as horrifying as they used to be, though I totally get waiting until you're on solid ground. ;)
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Yes- they do sell travel blankets... I think that I got mine at Target, it came with a neck pillow and an eye mask (I've only used the eye mask once, on a Transatlantic red-eye flight). But I also have a cheap one that I think I accidentally stole from an airline! whoops... I guess that's a confession in itself!

And good for you on getting in your trip, even if it is 15 years later. I'm guessing that after 15 years you probably have a lot more to celebrate now than the day after your wedding anyway!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....

That's just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. Losing a pet, no matter how or when, is always so hard.

I have an indoor/outdoor (mostly outdoor) cat that I haven't seen in almost 2 weeks. We live in kind of a wooded area so I think an animal got him. I was thinking something happened last week when I didn't see him, but now that almost a whole week has passed and I still haven't seen him, I'm pretty sure he's gone for good. He was my boy and I'm sad I'll probably never get to hold him again. :'(:'(:'(

So far my little guy is hanging on, but still not really eating anything but hand fed corn flakes.....

Sorry about your kitty!! That is so hard!

Glad your little guy is hanging in there. Maybe he just needs to serious TLC that only hand fed corn flakes can provide.

I was really struggling with Owen being gone yesterday. Every time I'd think about him, I'd bread down in tears. I hope he makes his way back home. That's him in my profile picture.