Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 - how are you doing?? Where are you? I have been thinking about you and how you are handling the loss of your horse.....hope you are ok!! <3

Thank you. And to everyone who continues to express condolences. I am ok. If I keep busy I am fine and usually when I start thinking about it I try to distract myself. I went to the barn for the first time yesterday and cried a bit, mostly when I did the various food rituals that I developed with Oberon with my mare. I so missed hearing him talk to me asking for his treats. Luckily no one said they were sorry (my trainer must of prepped them) because otherwise I would have lost it. That is what I was dreading the most. Talking about it makes me cry. Thanks so much for asking. It's easier to write these things here than talk about them in real life.

I'm late, but I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you have an outlet to talk/type.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I'm totally judging all this mint nonsense. Mint and chocolate do not belong together!

I judge you back, they're soulmates!! ;) (Well, beside peanut butter and chocolate...... I don't know which one I love more!)

Agreed! Although I like the mint ice cream with bits of chocolate. And peanut butter with a bit of chocolate. Not a chocolate girl.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Ok I can't possibly continue catching up will just have to remember page 623 and resume to ight (I read backwards to try and avoid posting something someone else posted) but....

Anyone know what happened to our keyboard playing typist? She hasn't been back with interesting observations or parentheses in quite some time. Hope all is ok!
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    I'm totally judging all this mint nonsense. Mint and chocolate do not belong together!

I judge you back, they're soulmates!! ;) (Well, beside peanut butter and chocolate...... I don't know which one I love more!)

Agreed! Although I like the mint ice cream with bits of chocolate. And peanut butter with a bit of chocolate. Not a chocolate girl.

My old boyfriend used to make iced coffee with mint ice cream. It was really weird, but I couldn't fault it....
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

My old boyfriend used to make iced coffee with mint ice cream. It was really weird, but I couldn't fault it....

that sounds like a recipe i need....

• Alatariel75
    Options

that sounds like a recipe i need....

It was a long time ago, but I recall he used Bickford's Iced coffee with chicory syrup, mixed with milk, poured over mint choc chip ice cream and topped with some whipped cream. I think sometimes he would coat the inside of the glass with chocolate syrup first, too.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Sigh. I thought we were doing so well since we have half a dozen flavours of Russell Stover eggs here... and now I find out there are more and better varieties in other parts of the world.

Please, nobody tell me there is a pumpkin Russell Stover egg (although that would be a weird juxtaposition of Easter and Thanksgiving) or I'll be on Amazon hunting the damned things down. :o
    I was able to find this. I don't believe there's a pumpkin egg for Easter.

And red velvet too!

I've never seen either of those here.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Ok, well as we are on a kids confession trip at the moment, I really wanted children when I was younger and I still kind of do. But knowing what I was like as a child and knowing what my SO was like as a child (I heard so many stories) I'm not entirely sure I want to mix our genes up and have a devil child. I don't think I could handle it.
    I was one of those children that bit, screamed and ran off, and my SO would ONLY eat jam sandwiches and tomato ketchup sandwiches. He still won't eat healthy food. I used to physically abuse my mum when I was a toddler. I mean punch, slap, bite, throw her glasses, pull her hair. I was HORRIBLE. That and my SO does hardly anything. Doesn't cook, clean, wash up, nothing. So I can't see him changing nappies and getting up at 3am. So to put this all together I don't think I will be able to look after a house, a child/ren and a man-child, as well as a job, all at the same time. I think I would end up drugged, in a straight jacket, in a padded cell.

But I do still have the urge to have children.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Sounds just like my sister... She adds mint to her coffee and her hot chocolate and her milk and the list goes on. She's not only a peanut butter+chocolate freak, she's also a mint+chocolate freak, a mint in general freak, and a peanut butter freak. ;) I'm all of those as well, but to a much lesser extent!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I like a very delicate ratio where neither flavor overpowers the other. With peanut butter and chocolate, it's so easy to lose that delicate balance! :-O I hate it when I get too much of one or the other and it isn't perfect. ;) Mint is easier, because it's so strong that just a teeny bit is usually enough to make a perfect marriage with the chocolate.... mmmmm. Although I love that mint ice cream too!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I have to add that I think it is NOT selfish at all to realize you do not want children. What is selfish is to have children you do not want, just because you are 'supposed' to, and then treat them as such.

The whole point of my last post was that I really wanted to be a mother, I do not think my life would be complete without it, but, it is not for everyone, and should not be taken lightly, nor should be taken on because of pressure.

This made me feel awesome. I don't want kids. I just don't. I donate to children's charities occassionally and I would risk my own life to protect someone else's kid without a second thought*. But having my own is just not something I want.

*I actually have a problem with going to the grocery store and if a parent walks away from the cart, I will stand next to it until they come back. I know it creeps some people out, but it only takes a SECOND for a kidnapping to happen and I worry about that stuff.

I'm like that, too! I'll even chase down people's runaway toddlers in the supermarket/mall for them if they aren't fast enough, so they won't lose the little munchkin... And as a former nursery teacher, I'd take care of/nurture/protect any kid as though they were mine when they're in my care. But I don't want or plan to have any of my own. (Please don't tell my mother. Or mother in law. Or anyone in my family. They'd kill me! That's a serious confession right there... Nobody but my husband knows.)

I remember my mother in law coming in the DAY after my husband and I got married talking about grandchildren and I told her I wasn't planning on having any kids right away (at the time I was still on the fence because I wanted to make my husband happy and he wanted kids and..yeah....). ANYWAY, she FREAKED. She said I NEEDED to have kids right now to cement my marriage and began to go on this huff puff about it and I told her straight out:

"When and IF Lucas and I choose to have children is none of your business. What happens between he and I in the bedroom is none of your concern, but since you seem so interested, I will happily inform you that he prefers we finish sexual encounters with...(insert vulgar description here). I'm not sure what you know about anatomy, but that would make it HIGHLY unlikely for me to get pregnant and I am not coming off my birth control any time soon anyway. Your younger son got married 8 months before we did, why don't you go bother HIM about grandchildren?"

She turned as red as her hair and walked back down the street to her house. When I ran into my father in law a couple days later, he said he was proud of me and that she totally deserved it, because she has been after Lucas for a grand baby for years. As if getting married to him automatically gives her the ability to bug me about it...

Now, @Susieq_1994 I am by no means suggesting that you do this. The point is, whether or not you have children is the decision of you and your husband and no one else. Don't let anyone else put pressure on you.

Note: I am now happily divorced and so is my former father in law. Things are great and the divorce was 'easier' because my husband and I didn't have children.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Confession - didn't want to get out of bed. No energy to fight the hungry monster again today. Really dreading it... Was hoping I'd be full and have a later breakfast but nope... up and hungry at 6.10am.

I don't want to gain all the weight back, and at this rate I'm going to gain a pound or two a month.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I do not mind mint chocolate (although I have to be in the mood for it), but I LOVE peanut butter and chocolate, in all forms! Kit Kat Chunky peanut butter is amazing! My biggest weakness is Haagan Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream.....I can NEVER eat that in proper portions lol. I have also been known to bake chocolate brownies with cut up pieces of snickers peanut butter in them.....

I do too! Chocolate peanut butter anything is magical. I'm one of those people that puts peanut butter on a spoon and then dips it in a bag of chocolate chips.... ;) Or I make a peanut butter sandwich and sprinkle chocolate chips on top and then microwave it. Magically delicious!

Also, chocolate peanut butter oatmeal is my favorite breakfast ever. I have it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. It somehow keeps me magically on track because I feel like I've had dessert for breakfast...

How do you make it? I tried once and it was a bit disappointing. I don't think I get the measurements right or something... although I do have that Reese's chocolate peanut butter spread.

I found it really disappointing when I tried making it with milk, which is the traditional way to make oatmeal. It just drowned out the peanut butter flavor and tasted totally meh to me.

I personally use:
    - 30 grams of "jumbo" chunky rolled oats (you can double it if you like more, it's more than enough for me)
    - 330 mL of water (About one and a half cups? I like it to be a little soupy, the thickened liquid is SO good. Again, preference. :))
    - 5 grams of unsweetened cocoa powder
    - 15-20 grams of peanut butter (My sister likes it with 30-40 grams of peanut butter, because she's a peanut butter freak, so it's also about preference here!)
    - One sachet of Stevia sweetener or any preferred sweetener
    - 1.5-2 grams of salt (I feel like the salt really helps bring out flavor. I've tried it without and it was just... No.)

I kind of made up the recipe myself and kept tweaking the amounts until I found what I personally liked best, so it's good to play around until you find the sweet spot where it's perfect. If I'm using Quaker rolled oats, I have to use less water or it'll be too soupy. Heartlands (UK brand) is much more hearty and thick, and they can take in more water without getting watery. My current favorite is a local brand (Al Hanaa) that rolls out these ENORMOUS jumbo oats that aren't too thick like Heartlands or too thin like Quaker... So a heartier oat flake is important. ;)

The worst oatmeal I made was this Brownie Batter Overnight Oatmeal from Dashing Dish. It literally had no flavor even with adding some sweetener before it sat overnight.

Now that I think about it I think I tried a few variations of the overnight oatmeal & it was just plain awful. Maybe it didn't taste right since I used quick oats instead of steel cut?

Hahaha the brownie batter overnight oatmeal... Lol. 'tastes like the real thing' they said. LIES.
    jgriffit91 wrote: »
    I can say "it's a marathon, not a sprint" -- that I'm short and close to my goal weight, and trying to build strength at the same time, so even when I'm keeping to my diet and training perfectly it should take me a month+ to see non-trivial losses in scale weight (especially given that I have one of those crappy dial scales.) Even then, every time I step on the scale/look in the mirror/put on pants, I get scared that I'm not "really" losing fat because I'm mismeasuring my intake or metabolism somehow and that any results I notice are wishful thinking or daily fluctuations.

Do other people have this problem, or am I just neurotic?

That's why I weigh my food honestly. Less worry that way. But yeah I don't like eating out because of that either.
    clover157 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.

Sorry to hear this. Parenting is such a tough job. I hope the walk helped.

Parenting is so hard, I am taking every effort to never have to do it. :smiley:

And think about it, parenting with TWO parents is hard... and single parents...woah. AND if everyone is working?! :astonished:

Everyone else can go ahead and make successful and wonderful humans. I do not feel strong enough to partake in that endeavor. :wink:

ETA: I am serious about everything in this post. I see parenting as very difficult. It takes skills and abilities that I am pretty sure I do not possess.

Here's something I've never confessed IRL before...
    I don't enjoy parenting. I don't think I was meant to be a mum.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my boys with all my heart. I give all of myself to them to ensure they feel loved, are happy and healthy.
    But I just don't think I was cut out for it. I've had pretty severe postnatal depression since my first was born 3 years ago and I'm sure that contributes, but I do wonder if its just my personality. Also, I carry a lot of guilt over my depression, its so unfair to them and I worry I'm messing up their whole lives :(
    Aaaaaaaand now I want to cover my feelings in food.

Same here. Sometimes I read how people feel about their kids but it seems I'm always so busy playing referral or cooking or packing lunches or doing laundry or cleaning their mess and trying not to go crazy that I don't really get to enjoy it. Or how new parents love their babies so much while I was just so exhausted from having 2 at once that I just wanted some time alone!

Oh and people who are so sad when Summer break is over. Are you kidding me? I want to celebrate. Tears of joy the first day of school. Seriously.

Then I see all those couples still so much in love after 10 years and it's definitely not me either so I'm thinking it's a problem with me. But to be fair, I don't like little kids. They're gross and messy and loud. LOL. When I envisioned being a parent, I was more looking forward to the teen/tween age, when we start to be able to enjoy more 'adult' things together - walks, hiking, day trips, sightseeing, more interesting movies etc (and I know that's going to bite me in the *** later because I know that that age is no walk in the park either). Doing crafts and kids games and family movies etc... really not my thing (ok, I like Disney... to an extent).

Ok Christmas and Easter are fun the first 30 minutes, then it's more mess, wrapping paper and packaging and toys everywhere.... lol. I mean, we do have some great days, but pretty much everything comes accompanied by 'I'm hungry', 'my feet hurt', 'I'm bored', 'I want to go home', 'waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa'. Facebook perfect family pictures? Hardly what it's really like. Although I guess that it depends on your kids. I have a happy one, and I have a whiner. Let's say that on the rare occasions that the whiner was busy at a party or something and we had the happy one, it was much more enjoyable.

I confess that sometimes I daydream about going away ALONE for a week.

Maybe you should? Might refresh you and give you a new perspective? Maybe a mommy/wife vacation once a year. I can't imagine how stressful that is. I live alone with my cats and love to come home to my empty house to recharge. Once cats are fed and the litter box cleaned its pure relaxation and unconditional purring and petting time. I am stressed when anyone comes into my home let alone having someone live with me. Especially demanding kids and a spouse.

I wish I could. But my husband's job's future is up in the air and he already took 2 weeks for our vacation this Summer so it's just not an option.

Oh the cat! It kills me. As soon as the kids are in bed, my cat is here meowing and demanding attention. As much as I love her, some days I just can't. I NEED MY SPACE. Lol.

About kids - my brother doesn't want any. He broke off with two girlfriends (one he was engaged to actually) because of it. My sister has been trying for years but she's pretty happy without and honestly, with our 'caring' genes, maybe it's for the best...

Confession - my kids are adopted. Sometimes I really think they would have been better off with someone else.

Anyway, just looking forward to our vacation and hoping we can actually all enjoy our time together, we haven't had a 10 days vacation with just us ever (usually we have family around, or it was 5 days at Disney and that's not really relaxing).
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I have been logging in everyday, but not logging any food since Saturday. I just didn't want to ruin my streak. :neutral:

I am afraid to weigh myself today, so I didn't. I know it will be bad.

I am back on MFP for a 2nd time because of regaining some weight back. I never really prepared myself for maintenance. It was like the 'diet' was over and I was done. Not a very sustainable or helpful outlook in terms of weight loss. No wonder I failed. I want to get back to where I was, but it feels a million times more difficult this time around and it makes me feel defeated.

I think my biological clock is broken. I don't want kids; never felt a huge longing or urge to want them. Most kids irritate me. Most of what their parents find 'cute' and 'darling' I find obnoxious or stupid. I just don't relate to kids and all their little kid quirks. Plus the idea of being pregnant scares the crap out of me. I am afraid I would get huge and fat. :blush:
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I went to see the new Avengers movie yesterday. Loved it.

I confess those kinds of movies always make me wish I was a ninja/spy/superhero.
    Star Trek movies make me want to stride purposefully around a starship in a mini skirt and knee-high boots.

Any news on your house purchase? Is it happening?

Yes, it is happening! I get possession on June 17. Unfortunately I will not be able to move in right away, so will most likely be renting it out for about a year first.

So awesome. Yay for you!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »

I think my biological clock is broken. I don't want kids; never felt a huge longing or urge to want them. Most kids irritate me. Most of what their parents find 'cute' and 'darling' I find obnoxious or stupid. I just don't relate to kids and all their little kid quirks. Plus the idea of being pregnant scares the crap out of me. I am afraid I would get huge and fat. :blush:

I only had one period in my life where I thought I might think about having a kid, but I have no regrets in this area even now. I've had an awesome life that wouldn't have been possible with children and I'm poised to live a long time as long as I don't do anything really rash.

I have a great niece whom I hope will be more adventurous than her mother and let me be that eccentric aunt to her who opens her up to experiences her parents won't offer.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to post photos to my justgiving page, but if anyone wants to have a look at my Brecon pics, have a look here: http://s31.photobucket.com/user/0rangesmartie/library/Brecon May 2015
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I never really considered having children, even when I was going through the whole pre-cana thing pre-marriage. I was all "if it happens, it happens", not thinking it would happen. And I was thinking that mostly because I'd been kind of promiscuous before I met my husband with nary a pregnancy scare. Well, wouldn't you know I got pregnant on my honeymoon. LOL Now, I love my son with all my heart; he is the light of my life. Do I want more? Not even a little bit.

My husband keeps saying he wants to adopt or foster, so my son will have a brother. I DO NOT want another child. I am 45 years old next week, we live in a tiny house, and honestly, I just don't want to raise another kid. I am satisfied with my small family, even if that means my son is an only. Sometimes I think I'm being selfish, but that's just how I feel.

Is anyone an only child or have an only child? Am I damaging my kid? :/
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Caught up!

I'm not too worried about this parenting thing. I'm worried about the nitty, grittiness of sleep deprivation and exhaustion that comes with the early days, but beyond ensuring the kid's physical well-being, I feel like the actual 'parenting' part will be okay. I'm a decent person. My husband is a decent person. My parents were decent people and my siblings and I turned out fine. Not a lot of drama, not a lot of scares and we all put up with one another to varying degrees. Sure I expect there will be arguments and frustrations and bumps in the road, but I'm not aiming for perfection as I think that probably doesn't exist.

Am I being too blasé about the whole thing?!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Another rather lame confession: I haven't the slightest idea what to do with my hair. I haven't had short hair since I was a baby just starting to grow it. I wish I had the courage to chop it up or do something with it, but I'm just scared of making it look worse. It's extremely wavy (and in my opinion, not the good kind of wavy!!!) and hard to manage, so I just straighten it all the time to make it easier for me to deal with, at least. It also wants to always be parted in the middle. I went to see a hair stylist last year and she told me that my hair was "refusing to be parted down the side." Dumb hair.

My sister has experimented with all kinds of cuts and colors (well, all shades of red), and I wish I could be more like her. For some reason I'm just too scared.

Have you ever tried a diffuser on your hair and do you use gel?