Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    One of my colleagues has brought Vegemite Chocolate back with him from lunch. I do not give a toss about my calorie goal at this point, I just want to find out what it tastes like.

I have two squares sitting on my desk waiting for the toothpaste taste to fade, and I am glaring at it suspiciously. The filling does not look like Vegemite, nor does it smell like Vegemite. Hmm...

I'm waiting for you to report back. I confess I hit 3 different supermarkets on my lunch break looking for the new Cadbury peanut and pretzel chocolate.
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    One of my colleagues has brought Vegemite Chocolate back with him from lunch. I do not give a toss about my calorie goal at this point, I just want to find out what it tastes like.

I have two squares sitting on my desk waiting for the toothpaste taste to fade, and I am glaring at it suspiciously. The filling does not look like Vegemite, nor does it smell like Vegemite. Hmm...

Saw it in Woolworths today and was tempted to buy it but heard that it doesn't really taste like Vegemite maybe similar to salted caramel flavour. Going to stick to Lindt balls instead. I can have 1 of those per day and feel satisfied.
  • pleasepleaseno
    pleasepleaseno Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: I've relapsed completely into bulimia.
    I was clean about 8 months.
    My total time bulimic is 7 years.
    I afraid of dying

I'm sorry to hear this, can you get professional help at all?
    8 months is a good run! I recently quit smoking, i'm on about 2 & half months and going well.
    I'm not particularly knowledgeable on ED's but is this something you could just dust yourself off and keep going? Consider it a little stumble, but get up smiling and carry on as you were?

This is good advice. Sorry for your struggles, but it doesn't mean you've failed. Just try again. Fear of death is extremely serious, though. Do you have a doctor or therapist you can see ASAP?

I tried getting help at my Uni and they basically said that my problems were a bit extensive for what they can do and asked if I could go somewhere else. I am graduating and moving in about 5 weeks though, and I don't want to start with a therapist then find a new one. I am going to reopen my bag of tricks and try what I learned before. I hope this works! Thanks so much for caring.

Well, what they SHOULD have done is refer you to someone immediately. If they don't have the experts to help, then by all means they should have a referral network! Sorry, that makes me unreasonably angry because so many people never seek out help and then those that do do not receive what they need.

I do understand the moving soon part of it. I sincerely hope a new start and a new therapist will help you put this chapter of your life behind you. You have your whole life in front of you! Others have overcome this and so can you.

<3 I am trying to do better. Best thing for me right now is drinking less frequently. I also went to see a doctor and told him about my physical health concerns and he readily did a few tests and made sure I am taking the right supplements to keep my electrolytes in check. Thank you for your concerns i rally really appreciate it.
  • riinbale
    riinbale Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been reading this and i feel sad for you :( People, i know what it is like to count calories and binge eat and how it feels later. But going on a low carb diet made it all go away. No more longing for "something good" and no more going to five different stores to find the right kind of ice cream. I just dont want these anymore and i am happy with eating low carb food. And my health has never been better :)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

I'm waiting for you to report back. I confess I hit 3 different supermarkets on my lunch break looking for the new Cadbury peanut and pretzel chocolate.

It...does not taste remotely like Vegemite. It's not foul, it's not great, it just tastes...odd.

My colleague says it tasted like salted caramel to him.

But now I am craving Vegemite toast.
  • TheFitnessGene
    TheFitnessGene Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I desperately want to lose weight yet I keep eating emotionally and not logging in my diary. I'm really sad about it. I want to cut ouy things like chocolate and noodles but my cravings are awful. And every time I try to stay below my daily calorie limit, I feel starved and light headed. My migraines are making it difficult to go to the gym. I am so depressed.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    riinbale wrote: »
    I have been reading this and i feel sad for you :( People, i know what it is like to count calories and binge eat and how it feels later. But going on a low carb diet made it all go away. No more longing for "something good" and no more going to five different stores to find the right kind of ice cream. I just dont want these anymore and i am happy with eating low carb food. And my health has never been better :)

*queue sarcasm*

Feel sorry for us all you want. I know what it is like to avoid tasty fruits, potatoes, and rice and how it feels to long to eat baked potato. Now, I enjoy a high carb fruit based diet. I never crave anything sweet because I am eating sweet stuff all the time! I always have energy and I am happy I don't have to worry about my calorie intake. No more pointless counting and weighing. I enjoy physical, emotional, and psychological health by not eating any animal products. :)

*end sarcasm*

@riinbale Read the above and how passive-aggressive and judgmental it sounds. There is no 'right way' to do anything. This is our vent thread. We do not pass judgement and advocate a specific way to fix something. We offer suggestions and support. We feel for each other, but we do NOT feel 'sorry' for each other. There is no pity here.

Sure there was some judgement and misunderstandings towards me and between a couple other posters in the past pages, but at least they had the brass to judge outright and plainly say "I think you are wrong" or "That hurt my feelings" instead of your piss poor way of trying to get everyone on the low carb bandwagon.

Sure we binge a bit and have cravings, but we let it out here. We tell our story and it allows us to pick up and move on. Good days and bad days, we are here for each other asking for support and offering it to others.

We are here to lift each other up and tell each other we are not alone. We are NOT here to stand on a 'low carb' or 'paleo' or 'vegan' pedestal and look down on each other.

If only you had said: "I confess that I feel sorry for everyone who doesn't know the ease and health benefits of a low carb diet. I know that I have been much happier and healthier since I adopted this lifestyle change and I wish other people would do the same so they wouldn't feel the need to binge and feel bad about it later."

Judge me if you want to, but I feel by saying what you have said, you have put yourself out there and shown yourself to be on your pedestal and very much alone.

ETA: Punctuation.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    riinbale wrote: »

*queue sarcasm*

Feel sorry for us all you want. I know what it is like to avoid tasty fruits, potatoes, and rice and how it feels to long to eat baked potato. Now, I enjoy a high carb fruit based diet. I never crave anything sweet because I am eating sweet stuff all the time! I always have energy and I am happy I don't have to worry about my calorie intake. No more pointless counting and weighing. I enjoy physical, emotional, and psychological health by not eating any animal products. :)

*end sarcasm*

@riinbale Read the above and how passive-aggressive and judgmental it sounds. There is no 'right way' to do anything. This is our vent thread. We do not pass judgement and advocate a specific way to fix something. We offer suggestions and support. We feel for each other, but we do NOT feel 'sorry' for each other. There is no pity here.

Sure there was some judgement and misunderstandings towards me and between a couple other posters in the past pages, but at least they had the brass to judge outright and plainly say "I think you are wrong" or "That hurt my feelings" instead of your piss poor way of trying to get everyone on the low carb bandwagon.

Sure we binge a bit and have cravings, but we let it out here. We tell our story and it allows us to pick up and move on. Good days and bad days, we are here for each other asking for support and offering it to others.

We are here to lift each other up and tell each other we are not alone. We are NOT here to stand on a 'low carb' or 'paleo' or 'vegan' pedestal and look down on each other.

If only you had said: "I confess that I feel sorry for everyone who doesn't know the ease and health benefits of a low carb diet. I know that I have been much happier and healthier since I adopted this lifestyle change and I wish other people would do the same so they wouldn't feel the need to binge and feel bad about it later."

Judge me if you want to, but I feel by saying what you have said, you have put yourself out there and shown yourself to be on your pedestal and very much alone.

ETA: Punctuation.

giphy.gif
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I LOVE STALE CHEETOS...

Noooooo. WHY?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @Alatariel75 :blush: It just needed to be said...

Confession #1: I couldn't leave the thread. There has been too much awesome support and too many valid discussions.

Confession #2: I totally judged @riinbale for their post. Sometimes it is not WHAT you say but HOW you say it and I feel they said it wrong.

Confession #3: I am happy to report that Dale, the diabetic at my job that I complained about earlier, will now be reporting to Kim(our main staff nurse) for regular monthly check ups and diet education as part of our Employee Health and Wellness and Early Intervention programs at the request of the lieutenant and the insistence of his own girlfriend. While it is not mandatory or remotely required for him to keep his job, I hope he takes full advantage of the opportunity and I am sincerely hoping for improvements in his health and job performance.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.

Sorry to hear this. Parenting is such a tough job. I hope the walk helped.

Tomorrow will be a better day.
  • BodyByBex
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.

Sorry to hear this. Parenting is such a tough job. I hope the walk helped.

Parenting is so hard, I am taking every effort to never have to do it. :smiley:

And think about it, parenting with TWO parents is hard... and single parents...woah. AND if everyone is working?! :astonished:

Everyone else can go ahead and make successful and wonderful humans. I do not feel strong enough to partake in that endeavor. :wink:

ETA: I am serious about everything in this post. I see parenting as very difficult. It takes skills and abilities that I am pretty sure I do not possess.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    I'm going to fess up before catching up today.
    Yesterday I ate everything. :disappointed: Reeses Pieces, Cadbury's Picnic bar, Jaffa Cakes, and a cookie. I also didn't go to the gym or go for a run after work. Then I thought it would be a great idea to weigh myself this morning and I'm back up to 214lbs. So I went for a swim this morning and finished 5 minutes early. I feel really tired, and I think my 'go to' is sugar. I feel like having a nap at my desk right now and its only 9.50am. :frowning:
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    You are a credit to yourself and your gran, what a fantastic attitude to have. Very humbling.

With regard to this - you remind me of my cousin. He was miserable working in banking, and suddenly lost his mother. This meant he had to organise care of his father who had a stroke many years ago and needs similar care to your gran. Given that his mum went so suddenly there was no planning in place, and inconveniently his fathers name was still on their tenancy etc.

Long story short, he went through hell trying to get control of his fathers affairs and trying to get him into the right sort of care.

This all served him well though, as he now works for the local authority in their social services dept, looking after elderly people in similar situations as he/his father went through.

He absolutely loves his job, and wouldnt be as good at it, or rewarded by it, had he not gone through the experiences he did.

I wonder if there is a future for you in care? Or working with providing the right support for carers etc?

That's so lovely of you to say thankyou. It really made me smile :)

I'm glad it all worked out for your cousin! It's great he was able to take his negative experience and turn it into something positive by helping others. I think I probably will end up going down the care route. It is something I've been contemplating and I've definitely got the experience!

Its a terrible experience which I wouldnt wish upon anybody, but you can make it work for you.

Assuming care is something you are interested in! He is finding there is so much more to it than the actual care giving as well. There is the support to the carers, such as the charity you mentioned. There are huge amounts of administration, budgeting etc. He spend a lot of time haggling over finances with care homes so people can stay where they are comfortable, as you know moving your gran would be very distressing for her...

There is so much to it, and the experience you have will put you ahead of anyone else in the field.

It is awful, but it could be something that sets you up for the rest of your life as well. Weird how these things go isnt it?!

Anyway, you are super and I have hope it will work out for you tremendously.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    amykay9377 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Confession: I feel like I've lost more weight than I obviously have. Just went out to buy new running shorts but when I tried some on they looked bad. Very, very bad. I instead bought some capri-length leggings that didn't look great, but are at least *FUN* (stripy). Also got a new sports bra in a size that I've never been before (throwback to earlier in the thread!) I'm excited about that because it has a normal clasp rather than the pull-over your head type which are really hard to get off when you're all sweaty.

Yes! I love the sports bras with clasps. So much easier to get on and off.

I'm 10 pages behind, but ME TOO!!! It's a requirement in a sports bra now.

Yes. I'm slowly replacing my non claspies with the good ones.

What are the good ones?!

Ones that clasp in the back like a regular bra so you don't have to wrestle a tight, sweaty sports bra off over your head.

Ok... I thought all sports bras were like regular bras, lol.

I have this one. Haven't got any issue with it. It's pretty cheap too...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007KFZGWA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have that one, it's pretty good, but I also have this one, and it's so much better - there is a flap in the front to adjust how tight you want the girls to be held in (super-tight for running, less tight for yoga or chillin')

http://www.amazon.com/Glamorise-Womens-Double-Layer-Custom-Control-Sport/dp/B00553XFN6/ref=cts_ap_1_fbt

Confession -

There is a Russell Stover Outlet store about 90 minutes from my house, and when we drive to Disney World, I always point to the billboard and say we should go there - but we never do. For the past 8 years, we've never gone. Driving back from my mom's house in New Port Richey, we saw the sign again, and decided to go.

BAD MOVE! I could hear Sammy Davis in my head when I walked in...

We walked out with $33 worth of candy... and most of it cost 29 cents a piece! I am the proud owner of a CASE of Russell Stover Maple Cream Eggs (that would be 36 of them).

Upside? They only have 140 or so calories, and it will satisfy my chocolate cravings better than a candy bar (at twice as many calories!)

Enjoy! (and ration)
    Several years ago we found ourselves in Fairfield CA and went on the (free and quite interesting) Jelly Belly factory tour. Left with 10 x 2lb bags of Belly Flops - the ones that don't quite make the grade. So yes, we drove home to Canada with 20lbs of Jelly Bellys.

We live a little over an hour from MN's largest candy store. They are only open May through Oct. Every time I go to the Cities I have to stop for my youngest daughters (15 and 16). ;)

Ohhh... do I want to know? I'll be in MN at least twice more before October.

I won't google it. I don't need to know.

It is worth the experience. They have candy that I can remember from being a kid and soda in glass bottles. It is in a big yellow barn. 17365 Johnson Memorial Dr, Jordan, MN 55352

Thanks for the info!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Yesterday I ate everything. :disappointed: Reeses Pieces, Cadbury's Picnic bar, Jaffa Cakes, and a cookie. I also didn't go to the gym or go for a run after work. Then I thought it would be a great idea to weigh myself this morning and I'm back up to 214lbs. So I went for a swim this morning and finished 5 minutes early. I feel really tired, and I think my 'go to' is sugar. I feel like having a nap at my desk right now and its only 9.50am. :frowning:

Is there any way you can get a piece of fruit? Like a peach or a mango or a nectarine? They have sugar. :smile:

Also, you have a total victory in there...I bolded it for you. :smiley:
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    @Alatariel75 :blush: It just needed to be said...

Confession #1: I couldn't leave the thread. There has been too much awesome support and too many valid discussions.

Confession #2: I totally judged @riinbale for their post. Sometimes it is not WHAT you say but HOW you say it and I feel they said it wrong.

Confession #3: I am happy to report that Dale, the diabetic at my job that I complained about earlier, will now be reporting to Kim(our main staff nurse) for regular monthly check ups and diet education as part of our Employee Health and Wellness and Early Intervention programs at the request of the lieutenant and the insistence of his own girlfriend. While it is not mandatory or remotely required for him to keep his job, I hope he takes full advantage of the opportunity and I am sincerely hoping for improvements in his health and job performance.

I just read it as someone who was trying to promote low-carb. I considered flagging it, but I couldn't be bothered quite frankly. lol
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Is there any way you can get a piece of fruit? Like a peach or a mango or a nectarine? They have sugar. :smile:

Also, you have a total victory in there...I bolded it for you. :smiley:

I eat butt loads of fruit. lol. I don't know what it is. I feel like I haven't managed to catch up on sleep, but I feel it all day, everyday. Apart from the moment I wake up, which is normally before my alarm goes off. I suspect it is a 'thing' but I don't want to go to the doctors and make it a 'thing' because she will probably look at me over the top of her glasses and say "I'm sure you will snap out of it." Bit like the brilliant diet advice of going down to 1000 calories.
    I feel like I need a full body MOT and Service. If cars can get one, why can't my body.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Getting really annoyed with my mother right now. My job is super stressful at the moment and last thing I need is stress at home.
    I work from 9am (9.30 of I'm lucky) to 4, usually without a break. Then I get an hour and a half for lunch (most of the time). After that I work from 5.30 to 10.30. At the moment because they've messed up the Rota, I'm doing 3 people's jobs, so stressed is the word.
    I'm getting annoyed because she's retired and just can't seem to keep the kitchen tidy. I make very little mess. Work days I have a protein shake for breakfast, which means if I'm late I'll simply fill it with water and leave that. Lunch is a prepackaged meal and yogurt. At the most I leave a plate with cutlery on the side. I don't usually. I normally put it in the dishwasher. Evening is a shake again. Yet the kitchen is always full of dirty pots which she'll leave until my day off and then complain loudly about how dirty the kitchen is. When I offer to help she says no and afterwards will moan at me for not helping with the mess 'I made'.
    I know she's retired and things are more effort when you get older. It would be nice if when she just uses something she'd put it back. You know?
  • Jazzybrass
    Jazzybrass Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I tried the vegemite chocolate today! It does taste a little like salty caramel but you can taste the vegemite. It is so odd having it in sweet form