Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I confess that I didn't go for a walk because I know my mom is supposed to call and she gets pissed off if I don't answer... except she's late and I would have time to go. And now I'm the one who's pissed off.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I confess I spend WAY too much money at Starbucks. I have gold status until September of 2016. I have an addiction to "rewards" and will spend more money than I should on something just to get something "free".

I know this feeling. I have the gold card too and sometimes I do the challenges they have (for example: buy five coffees in the next two weeks and get 5 bonus stars). I end up spending/going more than I would have. I usually go every Friday.

I have decided that I'm going to only do Starbucks once every couple weeks because what I like to get has way too many calories (I like the iced white mocha with whipped cream or caramel fraps with extra caramel of course). I've been going over on calories every Friday.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    My doctor appts have been downgraded from twice a week to once a month. The first thing I wanted to do to celebrate was get some yummy treats.
  • fallenpmo
    fallenpmo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm sure they've all told you that it's dangerous to wear a trash bag or any sauna type thing, but I wear one of those belts because it helps to support my back when I work out. I drink plenty of water, too.

My confession: I ate three meals in the morning a few days ago and I was still hungry afterwards. ):
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    paulaviki wrote: »
    Ok, everyone.... WHICH EXERCISE MACHINE SHOULD I USE AT THE GYM? I'm staying away from the weights for now... thinking about going over there with the bulky guys gives me severe anxiety. What's your favorite cardio machine to use?

As for a confession... I always work on Sundays. Today I went in and saw someone was already working in my place. Apparently I wasn't on the schedule today, probably by mistake. I definitely was not going to complain, and planned to spend the whole day out in the sun after going back to my apartment and grabbing a book. As soon as I got there, I was overcome with a wave of fatigue and had to fight sleep before practically kicking myself out of my apartment hours later. Now I'm a bit better... but what is up with that? I'm so tired of being sleepy all the time. I waste way too many days... and I'm only 21 years old. How am I going to be in ten years?

Here's to hoping exercising regularly will help.

It is true that regular exercise does give you more energy. But I've always felt like that, and ended up having some blood tests for a different reason (I was always thirsty). Turns out I had an underactive thyroid and B12 deficiency.

So as much as I hate the constant advice on here telling people they might have a thyroid problem if they can't lose weight, in this case I think it would be worth you having this checked if you haven't already.

I'm 32 and finally I'm not always falling asleep after work. It's so great.

The same thing happened to me, except it was my vitamin D that was too low. I feel so much better now that I have been taking supplements.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I remember people telling me I wouldn't be hungry after having my wisdom teeth removed a year ago... LIES. They also said 'oh I was able to eat normally after 2 days'. MORE LIES. It took me 10 days just to be able to chew some soft veggies! I managed not to gain any weight though, logging carefully and sticking to healthier options (mashed carrots, ground meat, eggs, lukewarm soup etc). But it sucked.

About dementia... My MIL has it, and she's been in a specialized home for a few years now. There was a LOT of drama with her husband (who died a couple years later) because he wanted to care for her but it was just getting too dangerous... she wasn't turning off the oven and stuff like that. At some point IMO it's just too dangerous to leave them alone, and you can't have someone with them constantly.... At this point she mostly sleeps and hasn't recognized anyone for months.

I remember when I got my tongue pierced and I was told I would probably struggle with solid foods for a while. My sister got hers done the same time as me and was eating KFC the next day and I struggled for a week. On the plus side I got to eat lots of ice cream! But it was no fun going out to eat and having to order soup and mashed potatoes.

Aw that's sad. It is a tough one.. that's pretty much the stage my Gran is at now she has to have someone with her constantly. It definitely isn't sustainable in the long term though.

When I got my tongue pierced the first thing I tried to eat was chicken noodle soup. My friend told me I looked like a baby bird because I was trying to drop the noodles into my mouth one by one and I kept having to push it around the bar.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    I confess that I didn't go for a walk because I know my mom is supposed to call and she gets pissed off if I don't answer... except she's late and I would have time to go. And now I'm the one who's pissed off.

Can she call you on your cell? Then you can talk and walk! Unless you're a speed walker and don't like talking at the same time. That's how I am. But, if it's a leisurely walk then maybe you wouldn't have to wait.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Can she call you on your cell? Then you can talk and walk! Unless you're a speed walker and don't like talking at the same time. That's how I am. But, if it's a leisurely walk then maybe you wouldn't have to wait.

She's calling from France so it would cost too much I think.

Confession - I went to the living room. My kids are now grounded... again. They never cleaned up what I asked them to clean up last week. So... back to being mean Mommy and not letting them do anything fun until they clean up. Which probably means nothing fun all week until I lose it next week end and put it all in the trash (which annoys me because it means that I end up cleaning up). Because my kids just never clean up and would rather cry and complain for hours than taking 20 minutes to clean up. Hoping my husband actually gets on board this time and doesn't let them ride their bikes or watch TV.

Confession - pissed off at my kids and husband again.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    All this talk about waxing and crap makes me very happy I need not worry about such things, lol

I have no leg hair, I do not shave them, and you cannot tell. I have no hair anywhere really, even my underarms I only shave them a few times over the summer, and even then it is only for cleanliness due to the amount of swimming I do.....I am sure I am actually the least hairy Italian on planet Earth.....

Damn, I'm super jealous. I am fair with really dark hair, so I am in constant hair maintenance mode.

Same. My legs don't even stay smooth for a full day sometimes, and the hair is dark while my skin is white as heck. Hate it.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I am a bit of a klutz. I can trip over the pattern in a rug.

My walking has been pretty safe, so far. I have had decades of practice and can do it quite well; I stumble but usually catch myself. Now, I'd like to step up to jogging. I'm just afraid that I will trip on the street or fall off the treadmill. One would be more painful and the other more embarrassing. I can't decide which is worse, so I just keep walking.

ME TOO. I'm the worst in the kitchen. f you look at my hands close up, you can see dozens of tiny scars from cuts and burns.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Confession: I feel like I've lost more weight than I obviously have. Just went out to buy new running shorts but when I tried some on they looked bad. Very, very bad. I instead bought some capri-length leggings that didn't look great, but are at least *FUN* (stripy). Also got a new sports bra in a size that I've never been before (throwback to earlier in the thread!) I'm excited about that because it has a normal clasp rather than the pull-over your head type which are really hard to get off when you're all sweaty.

Yes! I love the sports bras with clasps. So much easier to get on and off.

I'm 10 pages behind, but ME TOO!!! It's a requirement in a sports bra now.

Yes. I'm slowly replacing my non claspies with the good ones.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

She's calling from France so it would cost too much I think.

Confession - I went to the living room. My kids are now grounded... again. They never cleaned up what I asked them to clean up last week. So... back to being mean Mommy and not letting them do anything fun until they clean up. Which probably means nothing fun all week until I lose it next week end and put it all in the trash (which annoys me because it means that I end up cleaning up). Because my kids just never clean up and would rather cry and complain for hours than taking 20 minutes to clean up. Hoping my husband actually gets on board this time and doesn't let them ride their bikes or watch TV.

Confession - pissed off at my kids and husband again.

I think it's really awesome you are from France. I'm kind of jealous. As much as I love being an "American" (I put it in quotes because in reality we're all mutts) it bores me a lot of the time!
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    I only logged about 800 calories yesterday (on purpose, because my doctor made me, I now hate him) and all of it was juice and broth. MFP didn't warn me or anything, it was just like "in 5 weeks you will have lost 25 lbs!" For a second, I felt like the computer was judging me - like "Good job! You should probably eat this way every Sunday, fatty!" I don't care what my computer thinks though. Screw him.

I just about choked on the water I was drinking while reading this.

Hope the doc's advice was worth it! (and nothing serious!)

I had to do it for a medical test this morning. Everything is fine, thank goodness. Thanks!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I refuse to do any type of jumping Jack or burpee type exercise bcuz when I do my butt cheeks make this weird/awkward/embarassing (even if I'm alone) "flapping" sound :(

I wear compression shorts if I know I'm going to be doing these types of exercises, specifically so my butt won't "clap."

It's just cheering you on. ;)

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I confess that I'm going to Spain next year and one of the things I'm really excited about is seeing how I'll fit in the seat of the plane. The last time I went on one, I couldn't buckle the seatbelt because I was too fat.

I'm also kinda giddy about going through the metal detectors now that I have metal implants.

What kind of implants? I have two screws in my shoulder but they do not show up on metal detectors.

Know it wasnt for me, but I have a 14" tibial spike and 4 long screws to affix it in place.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession: My SO pissed me off to tears on Mother's Day. He got highly intoxicated the night before. I don't think I've ever seen him that drunk. He puked ALL night. No sleep for me. Then he slept in - not me, the MOTHER, on MOTHER'S DAY!!! Then he wouldn't go with us to our trip to Craters of the Moon cuz he was "sick" (hungover). I think he owes me another Mother's Day.

Hubby bought me a camp trailer this weekend. He is forgiven. LOL

Like your new profile picture! Is that from the run this past weekend?

Yep! Race swag!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I refuse to do any type of jumping Jack or burpee type exercise bcuz when I do my butt cheeks make this weird/awkward/embarassing (even if I'm alone) "flapping" sound :(

I wear compression shorts if I know I'm going to be doing these types of exercises, specifically so my butt won't "clap."

It's just cheering you on. ;)

HAHAHAHA that was awesome @MoHousdon
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am not exercising again today, I just had homemade enchiladas, and I'm going to get the brownie sundae that I didn't get to have yesterday. :# Will get back on track tomorrow.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Confession: I feel like I've lost more weight than I obviously have. Just went out to buy new running shorts but when I tried some on they looked bad. Very, very bad. I instead bought some capri-length leggings that didn't look great, but are at least *FUN* (stripy). Also got a new sports bra in a size that I've never been before (throwback to earlier in the thread!) I'm excited about that because it has a normal clasp rather than the pull-over your head type which are really hard to get off when you're all sweaty.

Yes! I love the sports bras with clasps. So much easier to get on and off.

I'm 10 pages behind, but ME TOO!!! It's a requirement in a sports bra now.

Yes. I'm slowly replacing my non claspies with the good ones.

Confession: I had no idea such a thing existed. I must go research this sorcery.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I'm a fan of the tanktinis I've seen at Target. Been meaning to pick up some swimwear myself

I wish more stores had retro looking one pieces like Marilyn Monroe & Jayne Mansfield wore or high waisted bikinis.

I found a super cute high waist bikini at Walmart of all places, it was the ONLY one they had left and it fit me perfectly! I can now go on my beach vacation in two weeks! YAY!

Awesome! Glad you found something you like - enjoy that vacation!

Thank you