Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Sch614 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Saaay, how 'bout our local sports team..?

You think that won't get judgmental or contentious?! ;-)

My confession: I was supposed to go to the dentist for a cleaning yesterday, but lied and claimed a conflict had come up when my dentist called to confirm/make sure I was willing to see a different person than I normally do, since I think they had doublebooked. The call gave me the idea, so I was like "oh, I don't mind, hmm, but if it's more convenient for you I can change." She said: "oh, no, let's keep it, we don't have any appointments available 'til August." I all of a sudden found myself saying "but tomorrow will be really stressful as it happens, I have a conflict that came up, August is okay," and so I moved it.

I was originally supposed to go in January but did basically the same thing.

I have stupid dentist fear (in part due to a terrible childhood dentist) that I need to get over already.

I am the same way until guilt gets the better of me. I've had a few aggressive dentists and now I get really anxious. But my new gentler dentist takes pity on me when I tell him I'm really nervous! I guess a crying patient won't help increase their clientele !

I don't usually have issues going to the dentist but take me to the eye doctor and try to do that puff of air test and my eyes will start to blink uncontrollably. I can't help it.

YES!! I have no issues with the dentist, I actually find it relaxing the way you are laid back and someone working on your teeth, I have even had a root canal, no issues at all. I am TERRIFIED of eye drops. I am a T1 diabetic and went 20 years without having my retinas checked because of that fear.....so glad there is better options now to have them checked, I was SO scared the first time to see the results cuz it had been so long, so good so far!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    4ad4d282b6935fdca0fb0edc9e9e369f.jpg
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I love knowing how to do this now. :smiley:

quzh1lz615mr.jpg

This is how I have felt for about a week now.
  • djscavone
    djscavone Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    jtjunkie wrote: »
    The days I don't finish logging or don't log at all are the days I drink 4+ alcoholic drinks. I need to log those days to acknowledge the caloric reality of it. And I just need to quit drinking so damn much.

^^^Me too
    Same here.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    4ad4d282b6935fdca0fb0edc9e9e369f.jpg

Will & Grace is the best!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I hate how during the week I can't keep up with this thread because I'm so busy at work and I really do my best to chime in a couple times a day! Then on the weekend I have no problem keeping up because no one really posts then haha I guess I have no life!

Busy day for me, I came back to like 120+ to read. I usually stay off the forums on the weekends though so come Monday I have lots to catch up on.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of us don't want to adult today. I have been wishing I was not at work most of the day. It will be a long weekend for me. We lost my mother in law on Tuesday and not sure how to explain to my 5 yo daughter that her grandmother is gone.

My sympathies. Kids can handle more than we think they can. Use simple honest language. Best wishes in this trying time.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I have a little over 1000 calories left for the day and I'm afraid that won't be enough for dinner plus any road snacks later. Since we're traveling, I really have no idea what's for dinner. And I know I could make healthyish choices anywhere, but, come on, we all know I'm not going to do that nonsense. AND I'm already planning on eating popcorn in the hotel tonight because I can share the bag with my daughter since she got her braces off yesterday.

Also, I have ZERO motivation to do any actual work-work today. I'd rather be on here. Although, I did venture in the lemon water thread and those people are MEAN. I like it here. I feel safe.

I had to look, it was a mean thread.

Have a nice time on your trip and take care of YOU.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    jtjunkie wrote: »
    The days I don't finish logging or don't log at all are the days I drink 4+ alcoholic drinks. I need to log those days to acknowledge the caloric reality of it. And I just need to quit drinking so damn much.

^^^Me too

Before I quit drinking a few years ago, I would log all my booze. It's scary how many times I would skip lunch to make sure I could fit my 3-4 cocktails in at night and still hit my marks!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I have a little over 1000 calories left for the day and I'm afraid that won't be enough for dinner plus any road snacks later. Since we're traveling, I really have no idea what's for dinner. And I know I could make healthyish choices anywhere, but, come on, we all know I'm not going to do that nonsense. AND I'm already planning on eating popcorn in the hotel tonight because I can share the bag with my daughter since she got her braces off yesterday.

Also, I have ZERO motivation to do any actual work-work today. I'd rather be on here. Although, I did venture in the lemon water thread and those people are MEAN. I like it here. I feel safe.

I had to look, it was a mean thread.

Have a nice time on your trip and take care of YOU.

Thanks, I will. I'm not one to eat crazy even when I don't restrict myself, I just cannot eat a lot of food. It's a good and bad thing. I feel ravenous to the point of being hangry, but then, I'll eat like 1 taco and a few bites of rice and a handful of chips and some salsa, then I'm so full I can't move. That is 100% what I did last night. It's pathetic actually.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Just to throw this out there, I've actually dropped 2 pant sizes! I'm now able to COMFORTABLY fit into a 14, when I've been a 16-17 since having my kid....nearly 3 years ago..

I've been stalking Pinterest looking at work outfits because I want to be able to rock some new ones by January, dammit!

Oh, kiddo's birthday party is next Saturday, (all the foods will be eaten that day) and we're heading to the beach that Sunday for her birthday trip. I'm not sure if I'm ready to venture out swimsuit shopping, even though I need a new one....

Woo Hoo!!!
    Well, thank you! :smile:
    I really want to lose this weight by January so one of my coworkers will stop talking about it. The words "you'd be a pretty girl if you'd lose some of that weight" were spoken and they've stuck with me ever since.....

Congrats on your weight loss. But unfortunately I don't think it will matter how much weight you lose, your co-worker will still be rude!
    Yeah, she's very outspoken and opinionated. Hopefully I can at least take the weight comments out of the equation lol. And thanks! :smile:
    I'm currently drinking a $5 cup of coffee, I love Starbucks but oh my god it's pricey (at least for me lol)!

It really is. I was going to Second Cup (Canadian coffee shop) and getting tea lattes, they are over$5. Now I go to Tim Horton's and get a delicious tea for under $2. Less money and way less calories, so I feel less guilty about stopping a couple times a week.
    I am astonished that coffee places can charge as much as they do for basically hot water. Even $2 is too much, in my opinion. *waving old lady stick!*

It's a steeped tea, made with whole leaf tea, so I'll buy it. However I refuse to just buy "regular" tea there, because they charge you $1 and they don't even put the tea bag in the cup!

I liked steeped tea but find Tim's is not strong enough.....it tastes like hot water with a brown crayon dipped it in lol
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    I just found out we're getting an Analog Arcade Bar in the Fall. I can't wait.

Sick. As a kid I lived in the video game rooms. I was a total junkie.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.

I am not a fan of the cilantro. The chicken and steak seasoning is great though. With that said, I haven't visited them myself in close to a decade. lol (my employer has catered from them a few times)

I don't like cilantro either which is why I get plain rice for my order.

I thought I was the ONLY one that did this. I hate cilantro and I think it tastes like feet. I don't want my food to taste like feet.

I love you, Mo, but BLASPHEMY! Cilantro is God's gift to tastebuds!

If you like feet, then, yes, it is. I prefer my food to taste like other things, like, I don't' know, food. :wink:

I am an extremely picky eater. I cannot stand tomatoes, onions, spicy, barbeque flavored things, and the list goes on and on. Cilantro is just another item on my extensive list.

I also hate raw tomatoes except in salsa and onions in any form (Hate hate hate hate hate them! Why do they have to be in EVERYTHING??????? They're so overpowering!). I will eat tomatoes if they're cooked/stewed and I love Heinz ketchup.

We're the same person. If there is onion in/on something, that's ALL I TASTE. I hate when I bite into a delicious burger or sandwich I specifically ordered with NO ONION and it's the first thing I chomp in to. So maddening. I have a couple times just stopped eating because I was so peeved. I have issues when it comes to food. I get unnecessarily annoyed/angry when my food gets messed up. And freaking McAlister's always "forgets" to leave the tomato off my chicken salad sandwich so there's always slimy little tomato seeds all under the lettuce. What if I was allergic, could I sue them? See...irrational.

I've sworn off Taco Bell bean burritos for life because the last time I had one (10+ years ago), I bit into a huge chunk of onion halfway through when I said no onion. It was disgusting. I spit it out and almost threw up.

I also hate when I order McDonald's McDoubles plain and there's a few little pieces of onion somewhere on it and I taste them. I like those burgers, but I stick to their nuggets from now on.

I like cooked onions, in the right foods. I had to stop drinking chai tea for a while, though, due to an "onion accident". I had a chai tea on the countertop while I was busy making a batch of my family's favorite breakfast burritos. Happily chopping onions a stray flew into my tea, unbeknownst to me at the time. It was an iced chai. Took a drink, chomping on what I thought was ice. Nooooo. Piece of onion. In my iced chai tea. GAG! Worst flavor combo ever!!! Learned my lesson: no drinks close enough to my chopping area allowed anymore.

I like the flavor onions add when cooked but not biting into them, must be a texture thing. So I use big chunks so I can pick them out.

I absolutely LOATHED onions as a kid. Then I tried carmelized onions and it changed my entire world. I still can't do a whole lot of onion (raw or cooked), but they have a place in my kitchen.

I am about the same. Hated as a kid. Tolerant later on. <3 caramelized but still totally loathe the minced ones McDonalds serves on their burgers. YUCK!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Looks like a lot of us don't want to adult today. I have been wishing I was not at work most of the day. It will be a long weekend for me. We lost my mother in law on Tuesday and not sure how to explain to my 5 yo daughter that her grandmother is gone.

My sympathies. Kids can handle more than we think they can. Use simple honest language. Best wishes in this trying time.

Co-signed. I told my ex-girlfriends son who was about 6 that his aunt had died. Again, you just have to keep it simple and maybe give them some type of an example that they can relate it to. Like a pet that died or even something from TV but in real life.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.

I am not a fan of the cilantro. The chicken and steak seasoning is great though. With that said, I haven't visited them myself in close to a decade. lol (my employer has catered from them a few times)

I don't like cilantro either which is why I get plain rice for my order.

I thought I was the ONLY one that did this. I hate cilantro and I think it tastes like feet. I don't want my food to taste like feet.

I love you, Mo, but BLASPHEMY! Cilantro is God's gift to tastebuds!

If you like feet, then, yes, it is. I prefer my food to taste like other things, like, I don't' know, food. :wink:

I am an extremely picky eater. I cannot stand tomatoes, onions, spicy, barbeque flavored things, and the list goes on and on. Cilantro is just another item on my extensive list.

I also hate raw tomatoes except in salsa and onions in any form (Hate hate hate hate hate them! Why do they have to be in EVERYTHING??????? They're so overpowering!). I will eat tomatoes if they're cooked/stewed and I love Heinz ketchup.

We're the same person. If there is onion in/on something, that's ALL I TASTE. I hate when I bite into a delicious burger or sandwich I specifically ordered with NO ONION and it's the first thing I chomp in to. So maddening. I have a couple times just stopped eating because I was so peeved. I have issues when it comes to food. I get unnecessarily annoyed/angry when my food gets messed up. And freaking McAlister's always "forgets" to leave the tomato off my chicken salad sandwich so there's always slimy little tomato seeds all under the lettuce. What if I was allergic, could I sue them? See...irrational.

I've sworn off Taco Bell bean burritos for life because the last time I had one (10+ years ago), I bit into a huge chunk of onion halfway through when I said no onion. It was disgusting. I spit it out and almost threw up.

I also hate when I order McDonald's McDoubles plain and there's a few little pieces of onion somewhere on it and I taste them. I like those burgers, but I stick to their nuggets from now on.

I like cooked onions, in the right foods. I had to stop drinking chai tea for a while, though, due to an "onion accident". I had a chai tea on the countertop while I was busy making a batch of my family's favorite breakfast burritos. Happily chopping onions a stray flew into my tea, unbeknownst to me at the time. It was an iced chai. Took a drink, chomping on what I thought was ice. Nooooo. Piece of onion. In my iced chai tea. GAG! Worst flavor combo ever!!! Learned my lesson: no drinks close enough to my chopping area allowed anymore.

:s
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options

Co-signed. I told my ex-girlfriends son who was about 6 that his aunt had died. Again, you just have to keep it simple and maybe give them some type of an example that they can relate it to. Like a pet that died or even something from TV but in real life.

I know she can handle it. This kid just got the all clear for leukemia. Sadly her last treatment day coincided with the day her grandma passed, so sad and happy day all at once.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Confession, I found a way to fit a peanut buster parfait into my day yesterday. Tasty.

Color me jealous. I used to LOVE peanut buster parfaits when I worked at DQ during high school. The sweet of the hot fudge mixed with the crunchy saltiness of the peanuts. Epic combination. The buster bars are a good smaller alternative.

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I was going to post an epic confession as requested, but missed page 600. Maybe when we get to 700...

What is Starbucks drizzle?

And talking of songs, I love Dierks Bentley, but really hate the line 'I'd wear your skin like a new set of clothes' so creepy!!!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

I know she can handle it. This kid just got the all clear for leukemia. Sadly her last treatment day coincided with the day her grandma passed, so sad and happy day all at once.

296po2m9s9pv.jpg