Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Confession
    I ruin songs for my teenage daughter. I sign along in a nasal voice when I feel the song is whiny. I ask too many questions about the meaning of the song or point out how sexist (or whatever it may be) the lyrics are of a particular song. I know he is talented but I change the station when I hear one popular Grammy winning singer whining about someone not being faithful. I don't mean to ruin songs for my daughter, it just happens when I point out something she stops liking the song.

For example the GDFR song that sounds like it has an oboe in it. Then it does not quite sound like and oboe but a sax. Then I go back and forth pondering what musical instrument is making that sound. It drives her nuts. But, we have a lot of similar musical tastes so when she broke her ipod and I gave her mine she didn't complain. :)

Then I think about songs I like and I could be called hypocritical. My kids knew the lyrics and sang along to Violent Femmes Blister in the Sun (for example, there are others) in early elementary school.

Confession #2
    In general I don't like violent movies but I find Grosse Point Blank hilarious.

I over-analyse song lyrics to the point of hating them. There was an admittedly crap song by a boyband over here a couple of summers ago called 'she walks like Rihanna' and it basically explained that this girl was rubbish at everything, but at least she could strut and was hot. Everyone at work would listen to it and it would wind me up so much. I kept hearing the message, 'young girls, don't worry about putting any effort into anything or developing any talents, you're hot so you'll be fine.'

Or the one that talks about how their rent is late but they're going out drinking and partying anyway? Way to be responsible, kids. You don't have a place to live, but at least you had fun for a few hours.

The one that annoys me most is older, but there are still women swooning over it - Lips of an Angel. Song about a guy sneaking around behind his gf's back, while she's home, to sweet talk his ex on the phone. It's not fuzzy and romantic.

Me too - I hate that song and it is guaranteed to be stuck in my head for days after I hear it.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Confession: I would use a bit of coconut oil in cooking...if I could get the damn jar open. XD

I've gotten it open once or twice, but now it's a lost cause. lol.

Try refrigerating it. Mine always stuck when I stored it in a cabinet near the oven, and after I moved it somewhere cooler, it stopped sticking.
  • jtjunkie
    jtjunkie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The days I don't finish logging or don't log at all are the days I drink 4+ alcoholic drinks. I need to log those days to acknowledge the caloric reality of it. And I just need to quit drinking so damn much.

^^^Me too
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Wow....It has taken forever to catch up!! The brownie pics had me drooling, might have to bake up the batch I bought yesterday. I am another one that hates raw onion. I will cook with it and either saute any firmness out of it or caramelize them thoroughly before I use them on fajitas. I also like Chipotle, but will pick as much onion out of the guacamole as I possibly can. Glad to see this is still going strong.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok, I'm caught up. Here's my confession of the day: I gave blood yesterday. I had the juice, a cookie, and raisins after. An hour later I went to a meeting with people I had never met before...and passed out. So embarrassing! I then decided I needed to "get my blood sugar up." So I ate chocolate, ice cream, and more chocolate. I logged it all and ended up 1007 calories over for the day. I am going to have to work hard through the week to mitigate that!

I can't give blood because I pass out. Sounds embarrassing, but you did a good thing. Hopefully you feel proud of that part.

Here's the thing about giving blood. You can't judge yourself based on your ability to do it. My brother is 26, fit, healthy, super rock-climbing, kayaking, all-round action man. Passes out when he gives blood. I'm a girl with borderline iron levels for giving blood, 5'2", not that fit, yet I've never passed out when I have given blood successfully (about 12 times). Don't worry about it, giving blood is just not for everyone! At least you tried.

I donate all the time. I am 0- (universal donor) so they love me. As a matter of fact I am overdue and will go tomorrow as I took a personal day tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me. The blood donation places LOVE me because I am also CMV-. Which is apparently some virus most of the population gets as a child and toy don't show symptoms usually bit it can kill premature babies. So they give my blood to premature babies. I love that and am irrationally proud of it (irrational because I had zero control over that it's fate and genetics).

I get like that too as I am a female platelet donor (for cancer patients). I can donate platelets as a female until I become pregnant. Once I become preggers - no more platelets ever. I am genetically blessed with a high platelet count.

Weird. I've donated platelets a number of times since having my fourth child.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I have a little over 1000 calories left for the day and I'm afraid that won't be enough for dinner plus any road snacks later. Since we're traveling, I really have no idea what's for dinner. And I know I could make healthyish choices anywhere, but, come on, we all know I'm not going to do that nonsense. AND I'm already planning on eating popcorn in the hotel tonight because I can share the bag with my daughter since she got her braces off yesterday.

Also, I have ZERO motivation to do any actual work-work today. I'd rather be on here. Although, I did venture in the lemon water thread and those people are MEAN. I like it here. I feel safe.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I have a little over 1000 calories left for the day and I'm afraid that won't be enough for dinner plus any road snacks later. Since we're traveling, I really have no idea what's for dinner. And I know I could make healthyish choices anywhere, but, come on, we all know I'm not going to do that nonsense. AND I'm already planning on eating popcorn in the hotel tonight because I can share the bag with my daughter since she got her braces off yesterday.

Also, I have ZERO motivation to do any actual work-work today. I'd rather be on here. Although, I did venture in the lemon water thread and those people are MEAN. I like it here. I feel safe.

I have about 400 calories left for the day (stupid benefit bake sale at work with BROWNIES {plural}) Not sure I will stay in goal today! And about popcorn - I have an irrational love of popcorn!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Is it vacation time already?!?
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Confession: I would use a bit of coconut oil in cooking...if I could get the damn jar open. XD

I've gotten it open once or twice, but now it's a lost cause. lol.

Next time you get it open put it in Tupperware :)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Looks like a lot of us don't want to adult today. I have been wishing I was not at work most of the day. It will be a long weekend for me. We lost my mother in law on Tuesday and not sure how to explain to my 5 yo daughter that her grandmother is gone.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Wow, I was 30 pages behind on this thread! My confession for today: One of my bosses brought in donuts and I justified my hellish morning as a reason to eat two of them, as well as my regular breakfast and lunch. I'll definitely be going over today, as I plan to have wine with dinner tonight. I've gone over for most of the month, and my boyfriend is no longer making any comments about how he's seeing me progress, mainly because I've been going backwards.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok, I'm caught up. Here's my confession of the day: I gave blood yesterday. I had the juice, a cookie, and raisins after. An hour later I went to a meeting with people I had never met before...and passed out. So embarrassing! I then decided I needed to "get my blood sugar up." So I ate chocolate, ice cream, and more chocolate. I logged it all and ended up 1007 calories over for the day. I am going to have to work hard through the week to mitigate that!

I can't give blood because I pass out. Sounds embarrassing, but you did a good thing. Hopefully you feel proud of that part.

Here's the thing about giving blood. You can't judge yourself based on your ability to do it. My brother is 26, fit, healthy, super rock-climbing, kayaking, all-round action man. Passes out when he gives blood. I'm a girl with borderline iron levels for giving blood, 5'2", not that fit, yet I've never passed out when I have given blood successfully (about 12 times). Don't worry about it, giving blood is just not for everyone! At least you tried.

I donate all the time. I am 0- (universal donor) so they love me. As a matter of fact I am overdue and will go tomorrow as I took a personal day tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me. The blood donation places LOVE me because I am also CMV-. Which is apparently some virus most of the population gets as a child and toy don't show symptoms usually bit it can kill premature babies. So they give my blood to premature babies. I love that and am irrationally proud of it (irrational because I had zero control over that it's fate and genetics).

I get like that too as I am a female platelet donor (for cancer patients). I can donate platelets as a female until I become pregnant. Once I become preggers - no more platelets ever. I am genetically blessed with a high platelet count.

Weird. I've donated platelets a number of times since having my fourth child.
    Platelets or plasma?
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    Wow, I was 30 pages behind on this thread! My confession for today: One of my bosses brought in donuts and I justified my hellish morning as a reason to eat two of them, as well as my regular breakfast and lunch. I'll definitely be going over today, as I plan to have wine with dinner tonight. I've gone over for most of the month, and my boyfriend is no longer making any comments about how he's seeing me progress, mainly because I've been going backwards.

You're not alone hellish morning here as well and my boss also brought doughnuts of which I ate one but seriously considering having another
  • MoHousdon
    Options

No. We're going to Oklahoma this weekend for my husband's God son's 2nd birthday. Who also happens to be my best friend's son. We are staying in a hotel and I'm going to eat all the breakfast foods tomorrow after I workout. I'm not logging a damn thing either. With all the stress of the passed couple weeks, we just need some time away.

• quiksylver296
    Options
    I have a 10K tomorrow that I have not trained for, and it's supposed to rain. If my mom and sister were not also signed up, I would totally bail. Not going to be a fun race.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of us don't want to adult today. I have been wishing I was not at work most of the day. It will be a long weekend for me. We lost my mother in law on Tuesday and not sure how to explain to my 5 yo daughter that her grandmother is gone.

That's heartbreaking and I'm sorry for your loss @crosbylee :'(

• quiksylver296
    Options

No. We're going to Oklahoma this weekend for my husband's God son's 2nd birthday. Who also happens to be my best friend's son. We are staying in a hotel and I'm going to eat all the breakfast foods tomorrow after I workout. I'm not logging a damn thing either. With all the stress of the passed couple weeks, we just need some time away.

I knew that. I'm so bored at work that my brain is not remembering correctly, obvs.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I have a 10K tomorrow that I have not trained for, and it's supposed to rain. If my mom and sister were not also signed up, I would totally bail. Not going to be a fun race.

My first and only 5K was in May 2 years ago and it was raining and 40ish degrees outside. It was not fun at all but I want to sign up for another 5K really bad but I don't have anyone to run with. :(

• hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »

You're not alone hellish morning here as well and my boss also brought doughnuts of which I ate one but seriously considering having another

Sounds like we work at the same place! The worst part is the donuts weren't even that good, at least for me.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I love knowing how to do this now. :smiley:

quzh1lz615mr.jpg