Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    So I just ate a 12 inch subway sandwich AND a Smores frap from Starbucks. I feel incredibly guilty and sick, now. The good news is I FINALLY got my gym pass so I'm going to head down right now (already at my school) and work out!!!! I've missed it... and now that I have the actual pass I better get my butt in gear. I want to be in top shape.

I do not recommend eating fast food and working out right after. I did that once and it was awful and I felt awful. I had chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and corn the other day and I waited three hours before working out.

We are doing a relay tomorrow morning. It's a 12K / 3 person relay (~2.5 miles/person).
    It's called Hoggin 'n' Joggin (benefits a local food pantry). The premise: Each runner must eat a dish from a local restaurant before running their leg. This may not end pretty.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    So we're on page 600, and that is a lot of conversation, all of which has been deep and meaningful, helpful and healing.

Here's a list of people that I'm going to find in the afterlife and what question I'm going to ask them.

Bruce Lee - Teach me how to be like water?
    Sir Terry Pratchet - Tell me more about Ank Morpork?
    Douglas Adams - Will you hold my towel?

Edit: I just responded to a work email to someone getting snippy with me with "Cool Story Bro, except you need to do this like I said in my original request" hahahahaha

Awesome!

Afterlife questions - I want to know the true story about dinosaurs. I really want to ask my grandpa about being Jack Dempsey's sparring partner (just learned that a couple weeks ago. G'pa never said a word.) I want to know who Jack the Ripper really was. There's more, I've thought on this topic a lot. Of course, now I can't remember any.

They covered this on an episode of Grimm recently.

I am not very happy with that show since the whole Juliette thing started, and it's a shame because I LOVED it prior to that.

Are you referring the Hexenbiest thing? Me either! That chick is the mayor, governor and president of city council of Crazy Town. I was never really a HUGE fan of hers (I'm more of a Rosalie person) (SPOILER ALERT) but when she torched Aunt Marie's trailer AND got Nick's mom killed, I was done! There's no redemption for her.

Indeed. She almost got Monroe killed. I simply cannot forgive that.

Agreed! I felt bad for her at first, but then, when she went into full on psycho mode, I was done. No more. Nick should marry Adalind and raise their Grimm/Hexenbiest baby out of Portland.

I don't really WANT Nick to marry Adalind, I just don't want him back with Juliette.

I only think I've missed one season of Grimm, but wow. It sounds like a lot has happened. Sheesh.
    I was never a huge fan of Juliette, so I'm not surprised she turned out to be as bad as I thought all along.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I just found out we're getting an Analog Arcade Bar in the Fall. I can't wait.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I cry so easily and I hate myself for it and I constantly embarrass myself because of this. I wish I could control it.

Me too, I have been publicly embarrassed a few times when someone asks me a question that triggers crying! Once when talking to a group of about 20 people I really did not know.

I'm a crier too. I'm pretty good about not doing it in public anymore (or at least keeping it to eyes-welling-up rather than full-on tears) but at home I'm one of those people who cries at sad commercials and whenever I get too excited and everything else too, it seems.

And on the Starbucks note, I'm weird about my order there. I drink black coffee or americanos most places but I can't stand it at Starbucks because the beans taste overroasted (burnt...) to me. So I can only order the sugary stuff that I'd never get anywhere else...I usually go for a skinny cinnamon dolce latte with an extra shot.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    So we're on page 600, and that is a lot of conversation, all of which has been deep and meaningful, helpful and healing.

Here's a list of people that I'm going to find in the afterlife and what question I'm going to ask them.

Edit: I just responded to a work email to someone getting snippy with me with "Cool Story Bro, except you need to do this like I said in my original request" hahahahaha

Awesome!

Afterlife questions - I want to know the true story about dinosaurs. I really want to ask my grandpa about being Jack Dempsey's sparring partner (just learned that a couple weeks ago. G'pa never said a word.) I want to know who Jack the Ripper really was. There's more, I've thought on this topic a lot. Of course, now I can't remember any.

I am not very happy with that show since the whole Juliette thing started, and it's a shame because I LOVED it prior to that.

Are you referring the Hexenbiest thing? Me either! That chick is the mayor, governor and president of city council of Crazy Town. I was never really a HUGE fan of hers (I'm more of a Rosalie person) (SPOILER ALERT) but when she torched Aunt Marie's trailer AND got Nick's mom killed, I was done! There's no redemption for her.

Agreed! I felt bad for her at first, but then, when she went into full on psycho mode, I was done. No more. Nick should marry Adalind and raise their Grimm/Hexenbiest baby out of Portland.

I don't really WANT Nick to marry Adalind, I just don't want him back with Juliette.

I only think I've missed one season of Grimm, but wow. It sounds like a lot has happened. Sheesh.
    I was never a huge fan of Juliette, so I'm not surprised she turned out to be as bad as I thought all along.

She's worse!

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Awesome!

She's worse!

Confession: I didn't like Rosalie at first because I was protective of Monroe. Then she saved him from death by black mushroom and I changed my tune. I take fiction too seriously sometimes.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Confession
    I ruin songs for my teenage daughter. I sign along in a nasal voice when I feel the song is whiny. I ask too many questions about the meaning of the song or point out how sexist (or whatever it may be) the lyrics are of a particular song. I know he is talented but I change the station when I hear one popular Grammy winning singer whining about someone not being faithful. I don't mean to ruin songs for my daughter, it just happens when I point out something she stops liking the song.

For example the GDFR song that sounds like it has an oboe in it. Then it does not quite sound like and oboe but a sax. Then I go back and forth pondering what musical instrument is making that sound. It drives her nuts. But, we have a lot of similar musical tastes so when she broke her ipod and I gave her mine she didn't complain. :)

Then I think about songs I like and I could be called hypocritical. My kids knew the lyrics and sang along to Violent Femmes Blister in the Sun (for example, there are others) in early elementary school.

Confession #2
    In general I don't like violent movies but I find Grosse Point Blank hilarious.

I over-analyse song lyrics to the point of hating them. There was an admittedly crap song by a boyband over here a couple of summers ago called 'she walks like Rihanna' and it basically explained that this girl was rubbish at everything, but at least she could strut and was hot. Everyone at work would listen to it and it would wind me up so much. I kept hearing the message, 'young girls, don't worry about putting any effort into anything or developing any talents, you're hot so you'll be fine.'

Or the one that talks about how their rent is late but they're going out drinking and partying anyway? Way to be responsible, kids. You don't have a place to live, but at least you had fun for a few hours.

The one that annoys me most is older, but there are still women swooning over it - Lips of an Angel. Song about a guy sneaking around behind his gf's back, while she's home, to sweet talk his ex on the phone. It's not fuzzy and romantic.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Awesome!

She's worse!

Confession: I didn't like Rosalie at first because I was protective of Monroe. Then she saved him from death by black mushroom and I changed my tune. I take fiction too seriously sometimes.

No such thing. I'm VERY invested in my fictional families' lives. I will NEVER be able to see Charlie Hunnam as anyone else other than Jax Teller. And Jennifer Aniston will always be Rachel Karen Green.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Confession
    I ruin songs for my teenage daughter. I sign along in a nasal voice when I feel the song is whiny. I ask too many questions about the meaning of the song or point out how sexist (or whatever it may be) the lyrics are of a particular song. I know he is talented but I change the station when I hear one popular Grammy winning singer whining about someone not being faithful. I don't mean to ruin songs for my daughter, it just happens when I point out something she stops liking the song.

For example the GDFR song that sounds like it has an oboe in it. Then it does not quite sound like and oboe but a sax. Then I go back and forth pondering what musical instrument is making that sound. It drives her nuts. But, we have a lot of similar musical tastes so when she broke her ipod and I gave her mine she didn't complain. :)

Then I think about songs I like and I could be called hypocritical. My kids knew the lyrics and sang along to Violent Femmes Blister in the Sun (for example, there are others) in early elementary school.

Confession #2

I over-analyse song lyrics to the point of hating them. There was an admittedly crap song by a boyband over here a couple of summers ago called 'she walks like Rihanna' and it basically explained that this girl was rubbish at everything, but at least she could strut and was hot. Everyone at work would listen to it and it would wind me up so much. I kept hearing the message, 'young girls, don't worry about putting any effort into anything or developing any talents, you're hot so you'll be fine.'

Or the one that talks about how their rent is late but they're going out drinking and partying anyway? Way to be responsible, kids. You don't have a place to live, but at least you had fun for a few hours.

The one that annoys me most is older, but there are still women swooning over it - Lips of an Angel. Song about a guy sneaking around behind his gf's back, while she's home, to sweet talk his ex on the phone. It's not fuzzy and romantic.

I always hated that song. And the guy that sings it is super creepy looking.

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

Awesome!

She's worse!

No such thing. I'm VERY invested in my fictional families' lives. I will NEVER be able to see Charlie Hunnam as anyone else other than Jax Teller. And Jennifer Aniston will always be Rachel Karen Green.
    I watched 'Horns' last night. Hooo-eee, Harry Potter is all grown up.
    (Do not really recommend, although I liked the book a lot, I thought the movie was a bit of a mess. Unless you really like seeing Dan Radcliffe with his kit off.)
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Confession

Confession #2

That's how I felt about that song when it came out (It's by Hinder). I hated it because I felt bad for the gf buddy is sneak around on.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Confession

Confession #2

That's how I felt about that song when it came out (It's by Hinder). I hated it because I felt bad for the gf buddy is sneak around on.
    Thirded.
    ETA: I also hate that one by Bruno Mars about jumping in front of a train for you, but you don't feel the same. He sounds like a scary stalker.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    So I just ate a 12 inch subway sandwich AND a Smores frap from Starbucks. I feel incredibly guilty and sick, now. The good news is I FINALLY got my gym pass so I'm going to head down right now (already at my school) and work out!!!! I've missed it... and now that I have the actual pass I better get my butt in gear. I want to be in top shape.

Would you recommend this? My go to treat is a mocha frap but I've been really curious about trying that one just haven't had the gall to do it yet :)

I want to try the smores one too. And I asked about the nutritional info on the new frapp 'mini' on their facebook page, and they told me it's about 100 less calories than the tall, if that helps anyone.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Awesome!

She's worse!

I watched 'Horns' last night. Hooo-eee, Harry Potter is all grown up.
    (Do not really recommend, although I liked the book a lot, I thought the movie was a bit of a mess. Unless you really like seeing Dan Radcliffe with his kit off.)

I was wondering about the movie. I also read the book. I think I liked the idea of it more than I liked the actual book...if that makes sense. I'll see it eventually. These are the kinds of things I catch up on in the fall when my better half is away for college football weekends. ;)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    margfish wrote: »
    I've been feeling super snacky the past two days. I managed to keep it in check yesterday (lots of tiny snacks, still met goal), but today after dinner my husband left me alone to do some work upstairs, and boom - 1500 calories in 20 min: leftover Cadbury egg, stack of graham crackers, a couple bowls of cereal, a couple 100 calorie bags of baked chips and even the dang protein balls I made earlier for breakfast tomorrow. Who does that?? I'm so mad. When will I learn that it's okay to eat over goal when I'm hungry so I don't do things like this? :s

There are many people that do this :wink: I get snacky like that too and just wander through the kitchen looking for food to shove in my face. The "best" thing for me to do in this situations is probably to take some leftover chicken & broccoli and eat that to feel more full, but I don't. I eat ice cream with cookies crumbled on top, then go back for more cookies.

Oh samesies
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.

I am not a fan of the cilantro. The chicken and steak seasoning is great though. With that said, I haven't visited them myself in close to a decade. lol (my employer has catered from them a few times)

I don't like cilantro either which is why I get plain rice for my order.

I thought I was the ONLY one that did this. I hate cilantro and I think it tastes like feet. I don't want my food to taste like feet.

I love you, Mo, but BLASPHEMY! Cilantro is God's gift to tastebuds!

If you like feet, then, yes, it is. I prefer my food to taste like other things, like, I don't' know, food. :wink:

I am an extremely picky eater. I cannot stand tomatoes, onions, spicy, barbeque flavored things, and the list goes on and on. Cilantro is just another item on my extensive list.

I also hate raw tomatoes except in salsa and onions in any form (Hate hate hate hate hate them! Why do they have to be in EVERYTHING??????? They're so overpowering!). I will eat tomatoes if they're cooked/stewed and I love Heinz ketchup.

We're the same person. If there is onion in/on something, that's ALL I TASTE. I hate when I bite into a delicious burger or sandwich I specifically ordered with NO ONION and it's the first thing I chomp in to. So maddening. I have a couple times just stopped eating because I was so peeved. I have issues when it comes to food. I get unnecessarily annoyed/angry when my food gets messed up. And freaking McAlister's always "forgets" to leave the tomato off my chicken salad sandwich so there's always slimy little tomato seeds all under the lettuce. What if I was allergic, could I sue them? See...irrational.

I've sworn off Taco Bell bean burritos for life because the last time I had one (10+ years ago), I bit into a huge chunk of onion halfway through when I said no onion. It was disgusting. I spit it out and almost threw up.

I also hate when I order McDonald's McDoubles plain and there's a few little pieces of onion somewhere on it and I taste them. I like those burgers, but I stick to their nuggets from now on.

I like cooked onions, in the right foods. I had to stop drinking chai tea for a while, though, due to an "onion accident". I had a chai tea on the countertop while I was busy making a batch of my family's favorite breakfast burritos. Happily chopping onions a stray flew into my tea, unbeknownst to me at the time. It was an iced chai. Took a drink, chomping on what I thought was ice. Nooooo. Piece of onion. In my iced chai tea. GAG! Worst flavor combo ever!!! Learned my lesson: no drinks close enough to my chopping area allowed anymore.

I like the flavor onions add when cooked but not biting into them, must be a texture thing. So I use big chunks so I can pick them out.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.

I am not a fan of the cilantro. The chicken and steak seasoning is great though. With that said, I haven't visited them myself in close to a decade. lol (my employer has catered from them a few times)

I thought I was the ONLY one that did this. I hate cilantro and I think it tastes like feet. I don't want my food to taste like feet.

If you like feet, then, yes, it is. I prefer my food to taste like other things, like, I don't' know, food. :wink:

I am an extremely picky eater. I cannot stand tomatoes, onions, spicy, barbeque flavored things, and the list goes on and on. Cilantro is just another item on my extensive list.

I also hate raw tomatoes except in salsa and onions in any form (Hate hate hate hate hate them! Why do they have to be in EVERYTHING??????? They're so overpowering!). I will eat tomatoes if they're cooked/stewed and I love Heinz ketchup.

We're the same person. If there is onion in/on something, that's ALL I TASTE. I hate when I bite into a delicious burger or sandwich I specifically ordered with NO ONION and it's the first thing I chomp in to. So maddening. I have a couple times just stopped eating because I was so peeved. I have issues when it comes to food. I get unnecessarily annoyed/angry when my food gets messed up. And freaking McAlister's always "forgets" to leave the tomato off my chicken salad sandwich so there's always slimy little tomato seeds all under the lettuce. What if I was allergic, could I sue them? See...irrational.

I've sworn off Taco Bell bean burritos for life because the last time I had one (10+ years ago), I bit into a huge chunk of onion halfway through when I said no onion. It was disgusting. I spit it out and almost threw up.

I also hate when I order McDonald's McDoubles plain and there's a few little pieces of onion somewhere on it and I taste them. I like those burgers, but I stick to their nuggets from now on.

I like cooked onions, in the right foods. I had to stop drinking chai tea for a while, though, due to an "onion accident". I had a chai tea on the countertop while I was busy making a batch of my family's favorite breakfast burritos. Happily chopping onions a stray flew into my tea, unbeknownst to me at the time. It was an iced chai. Took a drink, chomping on what I thought was ice. Nooooo. Piece of onion. In my iced chai tea. GAG! Worst flavor combo ever!!! Learned my lesson: no drinks close enough to my chopping area allowed anymore.

I like the flavor onions add when cooked but not biting into them, must be a texture thing. So I use big chunks so I can pick them out.

I absolutely LOATHED onions as a kid. Then I tried carmelized onions and it changed my entire world. I still can't do a whole lot of onion (raw or cooked), but they have a place in my kitchen.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    OK, caught up - afterlife interrogations:
    I'll be at the deadcon waiting in line for Pratchett and Adams, along with Bradbury, so I can ask him if it bothers him when people twist his work to support their politics. I'd ask Hoffa where they put him, too.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

I absolutely LOATHED onions as a kid. Then I tried carmelized onions and it changed my entire world. I still can't do a whole lot of onion (raw or cooked), but they have a place in my kitchen.

I LOVE onions, in almost any dish, raw on salads, sandwiches, etc. LOVE them! Half of my garden this year is onions of different kinds. I love Cilantro and I am growing it as well, keep snipping some to put in all the different things I make.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Confession: I would use a bit of coconut oil in cooking...if I could get the damn jar open. XD

I've gotten it open once or twice, but now it's a lost cause. lol.