Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Gender reveal parties are also awkward for me. I went to one for cousin and his wife last year and I was so bored because a lot of their friends were there and I didn't know anyone. lol Plus, I'm 24 and they're in their 30s with kids and careers, so we had basically nothing in common.

I was so mad when my aunt posted a picture to Facebook of my cousin revealing the pink cupcake for a girl with me in the background at the party looking pissed off. It's like, "You couldn't have cropped me out??" lol I hate that picture so much.

I kind of feel like gender reveals should be more having the future grandparents over than big family party, you know? Take a cute photo, slap it on Facebook, and everybody else knows! ;)
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I also dislike baby showers. Where you all sit there and ohh and ahh over clothes that will just be puked on anyhow. :/
    ps I have no kids, shocker right? :smiley:

Next time try paying more attention to the politics behind it, you'll have more fun. The baby shower isn't about the baby, so much as it's a competition between grandmothers to see who can outdo the other. Bonus if you have a competitive aunt-to-be or two in the mix. Who spent the most, who got the best reaction to their gift, who didn't show/left early/got there late. If the grandma's don't like each other, or one or both doesn't like the other one's kid, you can play passive-aggressive comment bingo. If there are step-grandma's involved, it may be even more entertaining, especially if the step-grandma is the more responsible or involved than the bio grandma.

Lol!

I never had a baby shower. I guess to be fair, we adopted our twins, and we had no match or anything and pretty much got a call saying 'congratulations, you have twins'. So my husband's coworkers gave us $100 and my brother in law gave us a couple clothes. I had no friends to throw a shower anyway, but still, I did feel a bit cheated from the experience (don't get me wrong, I actually don't really like the idea of baby showers and the silly games but it's the principle of the thing).

And while we were waiting for a match and I was starting to buy things when I found a good deal, the only comment we got was 'are you not getting ahead of yourselves?'. I mean yeah, we waited 2 years, but it was nice to have the stuff ready (even though it turned out it would have been easier to wait as I had a useless single stroller and had to buy another crib anyway). But the whole 'welcoming the baby' thing was pretty much robbed from us.

Cliff notes - I might be jealous of women who get a baby shower.

This is how I feel about not having had a wedding. I didn't have a beautiful wedding dress, no flower girl, ring bearer, bridesmaids, no groom in a tux, and saddest of all...NO CAKE!!! My husband was going to try and put together a renewal ceremony for our 15th (June 30th of this year) but I just don't think there's going to time. And now that we're going to be grandparents, I can't really justify spending that money on those things.

Edited to add: I just really want to eat cake and wear a pretty dress.

That's essentially why I agreed to planning a wedding.

And it's mostly for the cake...

I think I've been going to the wrong weddings. All the cakes have been terrible. They're dry and the frosting is made out of that horrible lard stuff that has the texture of grease paint. I've decided that I should go to weddings with some of you. You'll know when I show up on your doorstep! >:)
  • CountessKitteh
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Just to throw in my two cents, I have no issue with two baby showers if the genders are different. Baby gear today tends to be so gender specific. Back when that etiquette was put in place, baby stuff was more neutral.

Throwing your own shower is still no go.

I don't really enjoy wedding or baby showers, so I tend to pass unless it is for a very close friend. And I dread kid birthday parties.

I just go for the cake. I REALLY like cake.

Agreed. If there's no cake, what's the point?

You're like my spirit animal, I swear.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    hschnirel wrote: »
    I can eat an entire Box of cereal so I can't have cereal in the house! Not proud of that at all, self control where are u?

@hschnirel I can relate! I can't and usually don't keep the sugary yummy cereals in the house. The most risque one I have now is Honey Nut Cheerios AND that I could put a world of hurtin' on... lol

Marshmallow Fruit Loops. I can eat a box of those in a day.... Mmmmmmm

I was not aware those existed. Maybe it's good I didn't know. @quiksylver296 what have you done?!

Think Fruit Loops with lucky Charms marshmallows added....OH YEAH!

Why do you hate me and want me to be fat?!

Whatever, pie girl! What was that you posted yesterday?!?

...akin to the blocking-an-accident-from-view portable screens used in some locales, to prevent drivers from having anything to gawk at, I wish that posts like these were 'shielded' from my view, to prevent the 'torture' that accompanies such ;) (and the irony of *my* conveying such a thing is not lost on me, as I'm aware that this same type of 'shielding' would likely be desired by others, when it comes to 'any and all' of my posts (albeit for a different reason))...

..Lucky Charms marshmallow-laden Fruit Loops?! -- where were these when I was growing up?! -- this would have been pure heaven! (From this day forth, I shall think of this as "Utopia Cereal"... ;) ) (When it came to my eating Lucky Charms cereal, it seemed as though I 'tolerated' the non-marshmallow aspects (to an extent, it seemed like contents of a non-alphabetic version of Alpha Bits cereal had 'shown up', uninvited, to the tiny 'marshmallow convention' happening in a box of Lucky Charms)... Fruit Loops, on the other hand, was a cereal that was 'pure gold'... I relished every one of those fruity loops, as well as 'how' they flavored the remaining milk...)

...and fried pies?! -- (be still, my heart...) I recall the day when I first learned of said genius concept (courtesy of an overheard-while-on-in-the-background broadcast of a Food Network show, when in a sibling's home... and despite being mid-conversation with said sibling, my ears somehow 'zoomed right in on' those fateful words being uttered in the background (deep, fry, & pie) -- and you'd have thought that a sudden 'Emergency Broadcast System'-like alert had just been 'sounded off', given how Exorcist-like my head 'spun around')... (...pies 'taking a bath in' a fryer... omg... (life will never been the same))... ;)

So much this!!! I love the way milk tastes at the end of a good sugary cereal! Golden Grahams or Captain Crunch milk is my favorite!

Were you aware you can buy just the little marshmallow cereal pieces from Amazon. I bought my daughter a bag for Christmas.

I know, I'm an evil, evil person. >:)

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok so I went to the sugar thread after getting caught up on this. Sooo not judging but... Does anyone notice that it's like the same 3 or 4 people who blow up these threads? And get all nasty and judgmental? They seem to follow each other around.

I hope they never find their way to this thread.

I didn't read that thread, but I often see a group going thread to thread with their snarky 'expert' replies. There is one dude who is a total tool.

Yep he is the worst. I am pretty sure I know who you mean. I am surprised they let him continue.

I got super excited when I read this since I actually think I know who y'all are talking about too! I know that's an odd thing to be excited about but I feel "in the loop" :)

I think I know who you're all talking about. I have to confess I get awfully judgmental about them in other threads!

I don't know why you all gotta hate on @tincanonastring like that.

(I am, of course, absolutely kidding. Hoping the alert gets him to come back - we miss you Mr. Onastring!)

Wow, I confess that I'm a retard. I've always been reading it like Tin Canon A String, not Tin Can On a String.

What an Idiot. I'm gonna go put my head in a hole now.

I, too, ride the short bus. I thought the EXACT SAME THING!!!

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Umm, I pretty much always workout with my makeup on...and my hair done. I go in the evening after work. I'm not gonna wash my face and hair just to go to the gym and get sweaty.

Do you have super duper make-up or something? All the women I see end up with mascara half-way down their face. But you are talking to the girl who only puts make-up on for special occasions lol. Even then I hate doing it.

I've been known to wear concealer, mascara and eyebrow pencil on race days because I know I'll have my photo taken at the finish and I want to take the edge off my sweaty red round face a bit. I know it's vain but I don't care. I never bother removing my makeup before any workout, save swimming, and although obviously it doesn't look great at the end, I don't think I look TOO much of a mess.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    My husbands birthday is Sunday so last night, my daughter and I went to the mall to buy him a pair of Oakley Batwolf sunglasses that he wanted. I spent over $200 on these bad boys and today found them on Amazon for considerably less. I'm a little miffed about this, but he's worth it, so I will just let it go.

Dang it! Now I have that stupid song stuck in my head.

Bought my husband a pair of the batwolf glasses from zulily for less than $100. It takes forever to get them but the price was worth it. I got myself a nice pair too!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Umm, I pretty much always workout with my makeup on...and my hair done. I go in the evening after work. I'm not gonna wash my face and hair just to go to the gym and get sweaty.

Do you have super duper make-up or something? All the women I see end up with mascara half-way down their face. But you are talking to the girl who only puts make-up on for special occasions lol. Even then I hate doing it.

Once in a while, I'll get a mascara smudge under my eye, but not like running down my face. I just wipe it off with my finger. I buy everything except my base makeup (Sephora) from Walmart - regular brands. I do wear waterproof mascara,
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »

I've been known to wear concealer, mascara and eyebrow pencil on race days because I know I'll have my photo taken at the finish and I want to take the edge off my sweaty red round face a bit. I know it's vain but I don't care. I never bother removing my makeup before any workout, save swimming, and although obviously it doesn't look great at the end, I don't think I look TOO much of a mess.

I always think I should put on makeup for race day, just so my pictures turn out better. But I never do. Races are always in the morning and I'm not already in makeup. I guess I just workout in whatever makeup state I'm in when I go. No primping, no washing
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    I don't know why you all gotta hate on @tincanonastring like that.

(I am, of course, absolutely kidding. Hoping the alert gets him to come back - we miss you Mr. Onastring!)
    Wow, I confess that I'm a retard. I've always been reading it like Tin Canon A String, not Tin Can On a String.

What an Idiot. I'm gonna go put my head in a hole now.

Well, let's make it a party... 'cause I initially race-read "CountessKitteh" as "CountessKeith" -- which immediately brought to mind the ongoing discussion about 'gender reveal parties' (!).

< looking for the nearest rock to crawl under... >

That's actually pretty hilarious! It's what I get for using internet-speak in my username!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    This morning was my first run outside since winter finally let up. It was glorious and helped me think through an issue I was dealing with. Today is refeed day and I have a list of things I will be eating, starting off with gourmet doughnuts (Maple Bacon or Salted Caramel... hmmm)
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    I tried the cookie butter tonight on shortcake cookies.....it was ok, but not as great as I was hoping.....

I generally prefer to eat the actual (as in the same brand) cookies. With a nice cup of tea.
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I also dislike baby showers. Where you all sit there and ohh and ahh over clothes that will just be puked on anyhow. :/

Next time try paying more attention to the politics behind it, you'll have more fun. The baby shower isn't about the baby, so much as it's a competition between grandmothers to see who can outdo the other. Bonus if you have a competitive aunt-to-be or two in the mix. Who spent the most, who got the best reaction to their gift, who didn't show/left early/got there late. If the grandma's don't like each other, or one or both doesn't like the other one's kid, you can play passive-aggressive comment bingo. If there are step-grandma's involved, it may be even more entertaining, especially if the step-grandma is the more responsible or involved than the bio grandma.

Lol!

I never had a baby shower. I guess to be fair, we adopted our twins, and we had no match or anything and pretty much got a call saying 'congratulations, you have twins'. So my husband's coworkers gave us $100 and my brother in law gave us a couple clothes. I had no friends to throw a shower anyway, but still, I did feel a bit cheated from the experience (don't get me wrong, I actually don't really like the idea of baby showers and the silly games but it's the principle of the thing).

And while we were waiting for a match and I was starting to buy things when I found a good deal, the only comment we got was 'are you not getting ahead of yourselves?'. I mean yeah, we waited 2 years, but it was nice to have the stuff ready (even though it turned out it would have been easier to wait as I had a useless single stroller and had to buy another crib anyway). But the whole 'welcoming the baby' thing was pretty much robbed from us.

This is how I feel about not having had a wedding. I didn't have a beautiful wedding dress, no flower girl, ring bearer, bridesmaids, no groom in a tux, and saddest of all...NO CAKE!!! My husband was going to try and put together a renewal ceremony for our 15th (June 30th of this year) but I just don't think there's going to time. And now that we're going to be grandparents, I can't really justify spending that money on those things.

I think I've been going to the wrong weddings. All the cakes have been terrible. They're dry and the frosting is made out of that horrible lard stuff that has the texture of grease paint. I've decided that I should go to weddings with some of you. You'll know when I show up on your doorstep! >:)

This is why my wedding cake was made of cheese. 5 wheels of it stacked on top of each other. :smiley:
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I don't like bacon.

Neither do I! I only eat turkey bacon.

The whole "bacon craze" is just another example of how we're a nation of fat*sses.

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    whatang wrote: »

Lol!

This is why my wedding cake was made of cheese. 5 wheels of it stacked on top of each other. :smiley:

Now I want all the cheese!

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I hate the gym this time of year. It's when all the princesses come in with a full face of make up, do 10mins casual walking on the treadmill, use the lightest weights on the machines (because they don't want to get too bulky) and criticise the fat-*kitten*' such as myself for lifting heavy. Today's comment "Don't you think she should do more cardio before she does that? The muscle will be too hidden under the layers of fat, which makes what she is doing pointless." In my head I'm thinking "Walking the speed of a 90year old pensioner so your face doesn't melt is a waste of your time so why don't you F*** OFF." Obviously I didn't say this, my gym is the only one in the area with a squat rack, not getting myself banned for them. They probably won't turn up ever again...

This made me laugh b/c it is so true. Though I don't find there is a specfic time of year for the "princesses to come in". I don't see the point of wearing make-up to the gym - there was a thread on that a while ago and the general consensus was each to their own. if I did, it was b/c it was coming from work but it all comes off when I hit the pool at the end of my work out anyway.

In my gym, most people have cancelled their memberships including myself as it is finally nice enough to go outside. I had my first game of tennis outside yesterday!!.

I have 2 confessions for this morning: 1) I have started reading this thread at work just so I can try to keep up with it. I really don't have time to read it at work as I am always super busy but I hate trying to catch up on a day's worth of posts in the evening.

2: Someone posted quite a while ago that she kept, subconsciously, touching her biceps b/c she could now feel them. I've started doing the same thing. I love the feeling of the hard muscle beneath the thinning layer of fat!

I also had an NSV this week when I realized I can wrap a regular towel around me w/o it being too short. I also realized that even though I have been at maintenance for the past four months despite wanting to lose 20 more pounds, my body continues to shrink while it adjusts to the weight loss. I have been very slow at the weight loss but the plus side is that I don't have the saggy skin problem. I realized I am at the same size I was when I finished university and got my desk job. The 20 more pounds will just take me to when I started university!! Here is a toast to getting to your goal slowly and steadily!
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    When my cat follows me around the kitchen meowing I sometimes imagine she is telling me about the burglar who comes every day and steals her poop. It is kind of like she is panicking and trying to warn me. Look, look! Don't you notice it is missing again?!

I just drew massive attention to myself at work laughing at this.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    eMka11 wrote: »
    Pipara wrote: »
    I have completely irrational anxiety about talking on the phone to anyone but my immediate family. As a result I don't answer the phone when I don't recognise the number, most of the time I don't answer it even when I do. I absolutely hate having to call to make appointments (doctors, hair etc). Even my manager at work has taken the hint and now texts/emails me instead to ask if I can cover for someone.
    I can't remember if it's always been like this, but it is soo annoying sometimes!

Me, too! I hate talking on the phone.

I talk on the phone all day at work, so I'll be damned if I'm gonna pick up the phone at any other time. Text me for Pete's sake. My husband is the polar opposite; he is on his phone alllll the time. He had the day off yesterday, and he called me (I counted) 12 times. For nothing, really. And that was just me! I'm sure he was calling 100 other places, too.

This is my kids. I hate it when they are home from school on a day off. I tell them only call me if it is an emergency or something really important where the answer absolutely cannot wait until I get home. My 7yo calls me, "Mom, can I have a cucumber?" "Alex, was this an emergency?" "Yes, because I am hungry!" ...this goes on 5-6 times during the day. Finally had to tell teenager to hide the phone from her.

I thought for a moment you were leaving your 7yo on her own for a day...until I read the rest. I have 2 girls age almost 14 (next month) and 8 and we are just starting to leave them together on their own for couple of hours at a time - older one stays on her own quite a lot (and has been for couple of years) and she's perfectly fine but I always worry about them having silly ideas when they are together... Not sure why as myself and my husband were both quite independent at their age, I remember walking to school on my own when I was 8. Does anyone else have that problem?

I read a story where child protective services was called b/c an 8 year old and her sibling were walking to school w/o supervision. Someone called the service b/c they felt the children were being neglected by their parents. We live in a society now of helicopter parents and this is what happens...

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I can't work out with make up on I have those Neutrogena face wipes I keep in my bag to take it off, otherwise when I wipe my sweat with my sweat towel my make up is all over it! I sweat like crazy!! Plus I find if I don't take off my make up before working out I end up breaking out really bad :(
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I don't like bacon.

Neither do I! I only eat turkey bacon.

The whole "bacon craze" is just another example of how we're a nation of fat*sses.

I prefer pork roll.