Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    I keep trying to reply to someone on my wall, but it's not letting me! My writing appears all grey and it won't let me enter it. Has something been changed? :confounded:

I ate a really, really big poutine last night along with about ten cups of water because it was so salty, and I definitely felt sick afterwards. I still feel full and I haven't eaten yet today... and I don't expect to be hungry anytime soon. But bubble tea still sounds pretty good! :tongue:

Also, I'm not sure what has gotten into me... I usually hate clothes shopping, but lately I've been frequenting online stores with major excitement. I just added AdoreMe to a slowly growing list of websites I've been eyeing (along with ModCloth and Boutique1861). I'm changing!!!

That is awesome.

I got my wedding dress from ModCloth - and it was beautiful! And less than $200. Total score.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Back story: I married my husband and 6 months later, we both joined the Air Force together. At our first base I got pregnant, had a baby, got pregnant 9 months later, and had another baby. I've been in a total of 4 years now. We have PT (run, sit-ups, and push ups) tests every 6 months (1 year if you excel - I never do) and I've never failed a PT test. I have gained a lot of weight and lost it over the years as a result of those pregnancies and even before the military (I lost 100 lbs in college - not the healthy way).

Confession: I have NO sympathy for active duty (AD) military moms who fail PT tests. I also don't really respect moms who get out of the military and become stay-at-home-moms. I feel really bad, but when a woman tells me she "used to be AD and now stays home with the kids" or "takes care of the house", I think "no one cares". Military life is really hard, especially if both a husband and wife are active and I know not everyone is cut out for it, but don't tell me that you used to work hard for your money and defend the constitution and now you just sit on your butt all day and spend your husband's money.

It's something that I struggle with all the time. I know I should respect anyone who puts on the uniform and recites the oath, but sometimes it is hard.

Please don't hate on the military for my shortcomings!! I swear I am a very respectful person and I would not confess this feeling to any mom out there.

I guess you have never been a stay at home mom...it is a LOT of work! I bet you would not last a month seeing how you misjudge that situation.....

Personally I work, but I have the UTMOST respect for stay at home moms and all the work they do!

Stay-at-home parents DO work hard. I think this post was mainly a vent specifically regarding the military. Someone actively in the military with a spouse active as well and children has a right to their opinion about the situation. Not saying you don't, nor that you shouldn't disagree. Just didn't want to judge this post when I first read it simply because of the OPs first-hand perspective of it.

Thank you. I feel really bad about how I feel about other military mothers and ex-military mothers. But, I have so much stinking respect for stay-at-home-moms though!!!!! I COULD NOT do it! They have so much patience and love for their kids that I really don't feel like I have, sadly. They are Superheroes in my eyes!

The only problem I have is some women signing up to serve and then getting out because they don't want to finish out their contract and they are using their kids as an excuse. But I've said before, I feel bad about feeling this. I don't know other people's situation and their lives. I have no right to judge, really.

But you DO have a right to your opinion and it's always interesting to me to hear perspectives of others in situations I have no experience in. Don't feel bad. Glad you felt comfortable here and confessed. That's what it's for! Hope you stay with us. (Oh, and I could not be a stay-at-home-mom, a teacher, or a full-time babysitter; I am grateful to those who can.)
  • berlynnwall
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I had a whoosh this morning but I don't believe it's true even though I weighed myself the exact same way I always do. IF the scale is correct, which, there's just no way, I way less NOW, than I did when I got pregnant with my daughter 14 years ago! How is that possible?!

Confession: My husband is on this site and using it faithfully, but he's SO lazy when it comes to logging his food. He just basically picks the first thing in the list that is somewhat remotely close to what he is eating/has eaten. It makes me furious that he's so lazy about it. He's still losing weight and I think that's what I'm most irritated by. Sometimes, I'm not a very good wife. :(

First part - AWESOME! Second part - totally understandable. My husband will go to the gym religiously, but won't track what he eats AT ALL! It frustrates me to no end. I just leave it alone. He'll have to figure it out for himself. But inside, I seethe.

THANKS!!! <3

I guess as long as he's losing, that's really all that matters. Also, I wish my husband wanted to go to the gym, but he has ZERO interest in that. Right now, he definitely has the "dad bod". Which is such a ridiculous trend. I would prefer he had a body like Jax Teller, but I love him squishy bits and all.

So, I had to go find Jax Teller...

59276b968e493b6cf17a36ba9842c9ae_zpsmbxb3op4.jpg

Not bad, but he is not this...

images_zpsf2072e8d.jpg

Rock>Jax. My friends think I'm totally messed up for thinking he is gorgeous xD

What? He is totally gorgeous. And adorable. I loved him in Escape from Witch Mountain.
    Even in fanny pack/bum bag era?
    0obcp1l1rcrf.jpg

Ok, that is pretty bad lol. I can still see the cute face though, even with all that going on.
  • berlynnwall
    yukaputz wrote: »
    My custody battle really heated up in the last 4 weeks and I put on 6 lbs from coldstone creamery's pb&c milkshakes and too much mayo on everything but...yesterday I was awarded 5050 custody after 1.5 years of fighting for my twin daughters. I actually feel like I can breath better today... my tears of joy have dried, my praise to God for seeing me through this is still ringing... and for no reason I'm back to logging today able to make better choices for food. I don't feel the urge to glutton myself at all.

I'm sorry you had a rough time. I so commend you for actually fighting for them. Too many dads just walk away.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    I keep trying to reply to someone on my wall, but it's not letting me! My writing appears all grey and it won't let me enter it. Has something been changed? :confounded:

I ate a really, really big poutine last night along with about ten cups of water because it was so salty, and I definitely felt sick afterwards. I still feel full and I haven't eaten yet today... and I don't expect to be hungry anytime soon. But bubble tea still sounds pretty good! :tongue:

Also, I'm not sure what has gotten into me... I usually hate clothes shopping, but lately I've been frequenting online stores with major excitement. I just added AdoreMe to a slowly growing list of websites I've been eyeing (along with ModCloth and Boutique1861). I'm changing!!!

I confess I don't know exactly how to pronounce this. In my mind, it's really close to slang for a v*gina. Poon-t@ng. Would somebody write it out for me phonetically so I only make an idiot of myself in this thread and not IRL?
    I pronounce it as POO-TEEN. :tongue: I hear native Quebec people pronouncing it more like POO-TIN.

(Whatever you do, don't say putain. My mom accidentally told my Quebec boyfriend's mom she enjoyed the ''putain.'' It's french for *kitten*.)

This kind of reminds me of something that happened to me a few years back. I hadn't been attending my church very long and we were invited to a game night or something at the pastor's house. We walk in and one of the older gentleman said, "Monique. I have a boner to pick with you!" I said, "excuse me?!" "I have a boner to pick with you!". I wish someone would have explained to him that was a highly inappropriate thing to say to a woman that isn't his wife, who just so happened to be sitting right next to him at the time.

Needless to say, I still haven't lived that one down.

• BZAH10
    yukaputz wrote: »
    My custody battle really heated up in the last 4 weeks and I put on 6 lbs from coldstone creamery's pb&c milkshakes and too much mayo on everything but...yesterday I was awarded 5050 custody after 1.5 years of fighting for my twin daughters. I actually feel like I can breath better today... my tears of joy have dried, my praise to God for seeing me through this is still ringing... and for no reason I'm back to logging today able to make better choices for food. I don't feel the urge to glutton myself at all.

Congratulations! Hopefully this is a new start for you and your daughters.
  • BZAH10
    jstavix wrote: »
    I am battling a very deep depression at the moment and sneak off to restroom to cry, reapply makeup and put on a happy face and go back to work. No-one at work knows just how low I am because I act so happy. I feel so weak because I can't pull myself out of this. =(

I'm so sorry. Are you getting any kind of help or support? It's okay to ask. None of us can do everything on our own. Please reach out!
  • clover157
    clover157 Posts: 23 Member

m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    CynSearly wrote: »
    Confession: My husband is not as serious about his health as he should be, and that scares me. A lot.

I feel your pain! My husband won't even go for a walk with me on the weekends. I let him hold me back for a long time because he wouldn't workout so I didn't either. He works from home and gets zero exercise. In the past I've tried yelling, guilt, compassion, empathy; nothing works.

I mean that's just terrible.... I am curious what his defense is when you sincerely tell him you are genuinely worried about his long term health?

He says he'll workout and then doesn't. The conversation has been going on for over six years. The thing is, his dad died in his early 60s because of complications from diabetes and not taking care of himself. He had one leg amputated above the knee and then his other foot was amputated a couple years before he died. My husband at this point does not have diabetes, but I feel like it's inevitable. We have a 7 year old and a 2 year old and not only is he setting a terrible example, but sometimes I feel like he doesn't care if he'll be there when they get older.

Sorry for the rant.

Ugh its so frustrating!! Both my partner's parents have diabetes, he doesn't really exercise and he eats like he's actively encouraging it... We've got a 3yo and 10mo. Nothing works with him either!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Just to throw this out there, I've actually dropped 2 pant sizes! I'm now able to COMFORTABLY fit into a 14, when I've been a 16-17 since having my kid....nearly 3 years ago..

I've been stalking Pinterest looking at work outfits because I want to be able to rock some new ones by January, dammit!

Oh, kiddo's birthday party is next Saturday, (all the foods will be eaten that day) and we're heading to the beach that Sunday for her birthday trip. I'm not sure if I'm ready to venture out swimsuit shopping, even though I need a new one....
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    I am battling a very deep depression at the moment and sneak off to restroom to cry, reapply makeup and put on a happy face and go back to work. No-one at work knows just how low I am because I act so happy. I feel so weak because I can't pull myself out of this. =(

I am sorry your are at that place! Please make sure you see your doctor. Depression deserves a trip to the doctor's office just as much as strep does. You would not consider yourself weak for not being able to heal a compound break of your bones. Please don't feel weak because you can't heal your depression, it is a medical issue.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Just to throw this out there, I've actually dropped 2 pant sizes! I'm now able to COMFORTABLY fit into a 14, when I've been a 16-17 since having my kid....nearly 3 years ago..

I've been stalking Pinterest looking at work outfits because I want to be able to rock some new ones by January, dammit!

Oh, kiddo's birthday party is next Saturday, (all the foods will be eaten that day) and we're heading to the beach that Sunday for her birthday trip. I'm not sure if I'm ready to venture out swimsuit shopping, even though I need a new one....

Woo Hoo!!!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Momakanga wrote: »
    Today's confession- I just ate the frosting off of two bite size cupcakes, I am calling it lunch :*

Why not call it Elvensies, and still have lunch? :) #Hobbit-Logic.

Love it!

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession of the day is that I woke up at 1.30 this morning from a dream where I offended everyone on this thread. I HAD to check it and read through the last 10 pages to check it wasn't true so I could go back to sleep.

Haha you crack me up, I love your posts!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Hugs ❤️
    Are you getting any kind of help? It's perfectly ok to ask, I promise!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    This is a safe place, right?!

I feel like my friends resent me for losing weight when I am a lot smaller than they are. I am pals with a few of them on here, so when I have a success, like today, I feel like I'm rubbing it in their face, which is not my intention, but I also want to be able to share my victories too. It's a double edged sword for sure.

In addition to this, I feel like if they worked half as hard as I do, counting calories accurately, and doing some sort of exercise, they'd have successes too, but they don't want to put in the effort. I feel like a terrible friend for feeling that way, but it's true. I guess I'm not a great friend or good wife sometimes.

My best friend was always much thinner than me (we have been friends for 17 years) I was always the fat one. She got breast cancer 7 years ago and since her treatments she has been on a steady gain, and when I started losing weight back in August she told me she needed to get busy because she was not going to be the fat one. I told her I would help her and she acted like she wanted the help at first, she bought a fitbit, and a treadmill and asked me several diet questions, but quickly gave up and was back to sedentary, old habits. I now weigh less than her and she resents me for it. She gets upset if I ever make a comment about how many calories are in something she offers me to eat, or I won't try something she is having. But I can't let it stop me from reaching my goals!
    I really hope your friend is doing well with her treatments, but did she actually say that to you? Rude!

She did, but we are just that kind of friends really. She has been in remission for 6 years now.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Confession: I've gotten some really great questions for my One Thousand One Hundred and Elventieth Post.

So many in fact: I'll sneak preview my first name: Derek.

I somehow already knew this. Why is that?

He said something about Zoolander and "derelicking my balls" so that's why I remember haha
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Last night's dinner was a package of peanut butter/cheese crackers sandwiches and ice cream. Oh, and beer I didn't log. *tra la la*

Yesterday morning I had planned on putting some tilapia in the fridge to thaw out for dinner but forgot. So for my dinner last night I had a Skippy Natural Honey peanut butter sandwich with Planters Sweet & Salty peanuts inside. I also tried a Milky Way French Vanilla Caramel bar for the first time & it was pretty decent, had a Baby Ruth bar (not that great), & finished off the True North Almond Pecan clusters. I put some of the Baby Ruth & Almond Pecan clusters in the next few days to even out the calories.
  • raelynnsmama52512

Woo Hoo!!!
    Well, thank you! :smile:
    I really want to lose this weight by January so one of my coworkers will stop talking about it. The words "you'd be a pretty girl if you'd lose some of that weight" were spoken and they've stuck with me ever since.....

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member

Good stuff!

• raelynnsmama52512

Good stuff!
    Thank you! :smile: