Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I am starving today. I just had a cheese stick and yogurt as my snack and I am still hungry. Like, chew my arm off, bbq it and eat it hungry. This sucks.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I'm having a bad day. We are going climbing in Brecon at the weekend, as preparation for the Ben Nevis challenge. I need a new coat. My boyfriend has been pulling out of various cupboards a collection of goretex coats. I have very subtly been telling him not to bother, i'll find my own, that i like, that fits properly etc. Last night he made me try on all of these coats. Not one of them fitted around my hips. It was a long exercise in humiliation. His comment was, 'oh you need one the same size as me then'. It didn't help. I went to bed and cried. Yes, i know I'm fat. I don't need to parade that in front of the people I love. I'm beginning to think this whole Ben Nevis idea was ridiculous. A woman my size has no business trying to climb mountains. Apologies for the self pitying rant. Feel very low today

I totally know how you feel. I hate getting handed lab coats on site visits and knowing there's no way it'll do up and having to get get one that drowns me most places to do up over my hips. My favourite situation is when they apologise that they only have xxl or something and they're too big for everyone.

You can definitely climb that mountain though. Go out and get a coat you feel comfortable in and you can do it!

Yeah my hips are frigging massive :( Although 3 inches down on size from last month). The problem is, the high street outdoor shops don't cater to coats in my size (that have to accomodate my gargantuan hips, a wicking top, a mid-layer fleece and a top fleece). Anyway, out of hurt and anger this morning, I've ordered a £200 coat from Berghaus to try, in cherry pink!
    I'm having a bad day. We are going climbing in Brecon at the weekend, as preparation for the Ben Nevis challenge. I need a new coat. My boyfriend has been pulling out of various cupboards a collection of goretex coats. I have very subtly been telling him not to bother, i'll find my own, that i like, that fits properly etc. Last night he made me try on all of these coats. Not one of them fitted around my hips. It was a long exercise in humiliation. His comment was, 'oh you need one the same size as me then'. It didn't help. I went to bed and cried. Yes, i know I'm fat. I don't need to parade that in front of the people I love. I'm beginning to think this whole Ben Nevis idea was ridiculous. A woman my size has no business trying to climb mountains. Apologies for the self pitying rant. Feel very low today

Oh my gosh you so have to climb it! I would love to climb it, but my SO isn't into that kind of thing so you have to climb it for me! And what are you on about "woman my size", you can be the first woman your size to climb it then :wink: Don't let a coat put you off the idea, once you do the challenge you will realise a coat is a coat and it is totally worth getting it in a slightly bigger size. About 8 years ago (and 3 stone lighter) I travelled around Borneo for a month and I climbed Mt. Kinabalu which is 4,095.2m or 13,435.7ft above sea level and I was 13st which is... about 170lbs. It was a struggle but it was damn worth it once you get to the top!

I am really excited about the climb (it was people here that persuaded me i could do it) and I'm so looking forward to it. My boyfriend has now decided he is going to do it with me (its an overnight climb, in the dark, on behalf of the alzheimer's society). I don't have a problem with having to get a bigger sized coat, i have a problem finding a bigger sized coat, and i have a bigger problem trying on a succession of coats that don't fit and having to say to my partners, nope, too small and generally feeling like crap about myself (my problem, not theirs). Outdoor shops do not cater to 15 stone women who want to climb mountains.

I will climb it for you Lois :) I'll be posting pics and videos on my justgiving page (which you can get through my profile) so you can experience it yourself ;)

I wouldn't have said either of my partners would do this either, although my boyfriend used to be in the army, those days are long gone. But after i signed up to climb Ben Nevis, my boyfriend decided he would too, which I think is great for him, because its encouraged him to go to the gym and get fitter. My girlfriend won't do it, says she couldn't, but is coming climbing in Brecon at the weekend, so we've found an activity that we all like to do together, that isn't sitting in front of a screen.

Yea I completely get that. I despise clothes shopping and I despise changing rooms even more. If I have a good day I'll pick up all the clothes I'm brave enough to try on and then face the corner of the cubical changing until I'm dressed. I cannot bear to look at myself when I get dressed. Even at home I face away from the mirror until I'm done. So many times I've gone clothes shopping and ended in a puddle of tears because nothing fits.

I'm sure your girlfriend will change her mind after the climb this weekend. It would be good if you did it as a threesome, and it's great you have found something to do. Is it climbing as in wall climbing or climbing as in hiking? If its wall climbing you will have amazing arms!

Thank you for climbing it for me! I might have to Photoshop myself into a picture of the top! lol

Its hill climbing/hiking. We're going to Brecon in Wales this weekend, to do the 'fan dance', which is the UK Special Forces selection training ground. I'm intending to take it as a nice amble - and an excuse for a nice pub meal after!
    LOL photoshop away!

Hell yes! The most of Wales I've seen is Cardiff. I kinda got stuck in Kent. I'm getting better, drove to Torquay for a holiday last summer, and my SO's dad lives in Liverpool so I drive there twice a year. Need to find somewhere for this summer yet.
    Gonna have to look up 'Fan Dance' sounds fun, right up to the words UK Special Forces...then it didn't sound so fun. lol

Of! I live in Torquay on weekends! (London in the week).

I'll let you know how the fan dance is, I think it sounds fun!

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I tried Zumba last night and realized how totally uncoordinated I am. I always thought I had a bit of rhythm but apparently not lol. My 4 year old was looking at me life WTF Mom??!!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Confession #1: in the gym this afternoon a girl came in, did 5 minutes on the stepper, 5 minutes on the cross trainer, then lay on the floor, taking about 10 selfies. Then she left. I totally judged her. And sniggered.
  • megsbbb
    megsbbb Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    :neutral:
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    megsbbb wrote: »
    confession...I've been to the hospital for 2-4 months per visit 3 times due to my weight, my lowest was 66 last year. I'm 21 and I finally decided to gain a lot of weight but now I'm dieting it off and want to become underweight again while keeping it a secret from my SO..

Please get some help now. Please tell your SO what is happening and what you're feeling.
    This is a dangerous path that you are on.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Spent the weekend coming to terms with the idea that I might not get under 200 ever again. Down another shirt size, legs still aren't budging. I need to look into getting a DEXA and see how much of what's there I can realistically do anything about.

*Hugs* Awesome job on going down another shirt size.

Where do you get a DEXA taken at?

A few hospitals near us have them. The websites usually list them under osteo or geriatric care.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Hmmm, what we need is less pointless celebrities like that Jenner woman and those Kardashian folk and a ton more scientists. You know, the folk that invented every aspect of our modern lives that we completely take for granted. Heating, electricity, medicine and sanitation. The people who made it possible for us to communicate instantaneously with people on the other end of the globe.

It's a weird thing I've noticed recently, the general vilification of scientists and doctors. Hopefully it's just a media phase that'll quickly dissipate.

Not sure if I'll regret saying this, but I believe that if our doctors and scientists and others who are beneficial to society made as much money as the "celebrities" do there would be more of them. I hate that celebrities, movie stars, musicians, etc. make SO much more money than teachers, caregivers, and anyone who helps others. Why aspire to be a teacher and make an "okay" living when you can be rich and famous??? (not to single out teachers only; just using it as an example)

I agree. I hate that athletes and celebrities make millions of dollars. Look at that boxing match a couple weekends ago. Mayweather got what? 180 MILLION DOLLARS?! That money could've been used for so many other, more worthwhile things.

If the Kardashians could disappear off the face of the planet I'd be very pleased. They can take Kanye with them.

Also, I heard this morning that a Picasso painting was auctioned off for $180 million. That's absurd! It makes me feel kind of sick thinking of what could be done with that kind of money.

Totally agree with the bolded part! And I LOVE your new profile pic! Your dog is adorable!

I agree!! Super cute dog :)

• kecmw25
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Confession: I had a garage sale last weekend and 2 ladies came in that were obviously sisters and both had noticeable tummies. I asked them if they were sisters and they said yes. I said "How fun, you get to have babies around the same time" Ummm, one had her baby 3 weeks ago. I felt so bad. I immediately apologized. Twice. In my defense, they were slim and 3 weeks postpartem is completely normal to still be carrying a belly. Never the less, I did not comment on anyone else's baby bump the rest of the weekend. Still feel bad about it
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I only log foods on MFP when I know I will be close to going over my calorie goal. If they fixed their broken barcode scanner I might be inclined to log more.

I used my barcode scanner yesterday on my iPhone and it worked. Was it broken before?

The scanner frequently puts in the wrong info and/or bad info, kind of like how the recipe builder fills in the completely wrong ingredients and you have to spend 20 minutes replacing them with the correct ones.
  • Krock83
    Krock83 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I confess that while I usually read fantastic novels (and a lot of them) I have been reading the worst, trashiest romances non-stop lately! I event created a folder to hide them in so people who may look over my shoulder on the train don't laugh at their terrible, terrible titles!
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My daughter asked me why I was dressed up yesterday and the only difference was that I was wearing a v neck T-shirt instead of a graphic tee. Guess I set the bar REALLY low!!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Confession: I had a garage sale last weekend and 2 ladies came in that were obviously sisters and both had noticeable tummies. I asked them if they were sisters and they said yes. I said "How fun, you get to have babies around the same time" Ummm, one had her baby 3 weeks ago. I felt so bad. I immediately apologized. Twice. In my defense, they were slim and 3 weeks postpartem is completely normal to still be carrying a belly. Never the less, I did not comment on anyone else's baby bump the rest of the weekend. Still feel bad about it

This reminds me of one of my "secret" reasons for losing weight. I did it because I looked pregnant and I didn't want to be mistaken for it out in public.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Krock83 wrote: »
    I confess that while I usually read fantastic novels (and a lot of them) I have been reading the worst, trashiest romances non-stop lately! I event created a folder to hide them in so people who may look over my shoulder on the train don't laugh at their terrible, terrible titles!

I went through a phase last year and read a bunch of trashy novels. Let's just say that for once my husband was saying no!
  • kecmw25
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »

This reminds me of one of my "secret" reasons for losing weight. I did it because I looked pregnant and I didn't want to be mistaken for it out in public.

I have been mistaken for pregnant, it felt crappy. That's part of the reason I feel so horrible about it

• kellienw335
    Options
    A couple months ago I had a conference with my sons teacher, just a checking on progress conference. She told me that he had a very good sense of humor and then proceeded to share a story that he wrote in class. The story began with the line, "one time my dog farted so loud that she scared herself". It is a good thing that the teacher also had a good sense of humor! She said that she and her husband had a good laugh!
  • joannamorgan99
    joannamorgan99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have tried so hard to keep to just 1200 calories a day; but last week in a moment
    Of madness, I scoffed a packet of chocolate peanuts and raisins! I then had an almighty migraine......the sad thing is, I didn't even enjoy the chocolate that much!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Krock83 wrote: »

I read historical romances all the time. Buckets of them. My mom told me last week I could write them at this point I had read so many. I got over being embarrassed a long time ago. :)
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »

I have been mistaken for pregnant, it felt crappy. That's part of the reason I feel so horrible about it

That is tough! For about a year after I had my daughter, my son (6 at the time) kept telling me I still looked like I was pregnant. It killed me especially since I knew other people were thinking it too. We tried explaining that wasn't nice to say, but he kept insisting he wasn't trying to be mean. Two months ago, he told me that he could really tell that I was losing weight and I no longer look pregnant.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I don't think I ever want another dog again. Mine barks all day long at everything (thankfully we have a pretty quiet street or I can't even imagine) and drives me INSANE. And he'll destroy every tissue or paper or toilet paper roll he can get his paws on. And he hates dogs and might attack them so I don't even dare walking him. I'm so over dogs.

I had the greatest black lab ever. He lived to 15, and he was one of the smartest dogs I've ever known. If he barked, you knew something was up. He was my best buddy. When he died in '07 it absolutely devastated me. I was a wreck.

My confession is, I can't bring myself to get another dog. The reason being, although I've known a few great dogs,

I've known TONS of stupid, aggressive, loud, clumsy, disobedient, destructive, smelly, just plain dumb dogs. And if I got a dumb one, I'd resent the hell out of him.
    I understand this. Our dog is the sweetest, gentlest, kindest dog there is. We have a bunch of dogs in the extended family that come and stay from time to time, and they all annoy me, even though I love them.

Every one else's dogs annoy me after a while lol. Everybody has different behaviors they can tolerate that other people can't. My friend has a Beagle and I know I could never handle one. But I also know that my dog, who is "perfect" to me could likely drive other people crazy lol.

Picking a breed that suits your family (a general "your") is important. Knowing what you want/don't want in a dog will help you narrow your choices. (Example: I couldn't personally handle hounds, but Shiba Inus are perfect for me.)

You could also foster dogs for a bit until you find one that you connect with.

Always wondered how you came up with your name! You may have mentioned it back when we were all explaining our names, but that seems like forever ago!

Lol, Yes, it for my beloved Shiba Inus :smile:

Beautiful dog!