Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• forestpagan
    Options
    I love trifle.
    I ate a whole co op strawberry trifle to myself...just a few days ago before embarking on a weightloss regime.
    It was yummy...;-)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I hate calling people too. Love emails and texts. I grunt every time my kids get a birthday invite and there's no email to RSVP... Part of it is because of my accent and I know that some people have a hard time understanding me...
    Are you from Quebec, by any chance? My social anxiety got a lot worse when I moved here... I have a bad accent in French and worry about people not being able to understand me. It's so bad that I can read French ok, but I am just awful at speaking it. I also dread going to the store because I don't want to "disappoint" people by being an anglophone (I am aware of how dumb and untrue that is :astonished:).

No I'm from France and I live in the US, so it's the same thing, just the other way around, lol. My English isn't bad, I just have an accent, obviously.
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    tiona83 wrote: »
    My husband and I have a 12 year old youkie named Mandy (our first child) who is on heart Medicin. The vet says do what you have to to get her to take them. (It seems to get harder and harder. Damn clever dog) So for the confession part 1: I fed her the Medicin in the last meatball so I wouldn't eat it. Now the poor thing has gas and looks miserable.
    She won't even play with my husband. Who teases Mandy about an invisible bone. She continues to nip at him with her tail a wagging. Confession 2: it's a little annoying after a while and I hope she actually nips him at some stage. Not that it would hurt because she had to have her bottom front teeth removed about a year ago.

My former dog took thyroid medication for 10 years, twice a day. I used to buy cheap processed cheese slices, tear off a small piece, and squish/fold his pill inside that. He gobbled it up. Just to be fair, the other dog got a small piece of cheese too, without a pill.

I never used the cheese slices for anything else and they lasted quite well for a few days.

This is what we do for our dog's steroid medicine. She looks forward to it every night. You ask, "Lucy, do you want your pills?" And she starts dancing around. If she thinks you've taken too long or it's getting late, she'll just stare at you until she gets her pills. It's quite cute and annoying at the same time.

@ ythannah
    Wow 10 years!! We are going on 2 now. She is usually given her heart meds twice a day and then she is given a diarrhetic twice a week. She has "special" meat and cheese in the fridge.

@MoHousdon
    I know what you mean about how excited they get when it's tablet time. Mandy doesn't stare at us like your Lucy does but she will stare above the microwave where we keep them. My dog dances too. She is also clever enough to trick a few of us into giving her a double dose.
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Pipara wrote: »
    I have completely irrational anxiety about talking on the phone to anyone but my immediate family. As a result I don't answer the phone when I don't recognise the number, most of the time I don't answer it even when I do. I absolutely hate having to call to make appointments (doctors, hair etc). Even my manager at work has taken the hint and now texts/emails me instead to ask if I can cover for someone.
    I can't remember if it's always been like this, but it is soo annoying sometimes!

I thought I was the only one like this.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Unfortunately, he does not churn our butter. He works 60+ hours a week and still helps around the house including most of the cooking. I'm not going to fuss about his inability or non-interest in churning our butter.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

Making butter is super easy and doesn't take long at all. It also tastes AMAZING.

Get a pint jar and fill it halfway with heavy cream. Put a lid on the jar. Shake it all about while you do other things until solids form. Open and stir a bit. Drain liquid (save if you want buttermilk) and add a little salt. Stir or shake a bit more until you have the consistency you want.

So good. It's been a while since I've done that, but if I remember correctly, it's about 10 or 15 minutes of shaking.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Count me in one the phone thing! I absolutely hate talking on the phone, getting voicemail on my mobile stresses me out to the point that my voicemail message actually say I'd prefer if the caller would hang up and send me a text. My best friend, who is interstate, gets upset at me because I neglect her because I never call and half the time I don't answer when she calls.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I ran my first 10K on Sunday and posted a not too shabby 1:30:22 time. confession: I was so happy when it was done that I cried!

Great job! You rock!
  • shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    I confess I don't log Ketchup. For no particular reason I just won't log it.

MFP has murdered my love of ketchup. I am now forced to siracha everything. Oh man I miss ketchup, but I fear if I have some I will just pour the whole bottle down my throat I love it so much.

Here is a lil backwards confession. I miss my fat gut every time I take a bath. It was like a perfect table to lay my computer, or book, or whatever on while i soaked for hours. Now that I am 25lbs less (!!!) barely anything sticks out of the water and I have to hold everything up.

But one of those bathtub trays and enjoy your 25 lb. loss! Even with a tray I don't think I'd trust myself to have a laptop with me in the tub. That thing would be accidentally submerged within a matter of minutes.

Me too. I take my tablet in the bath sometimes, but I am so nervous that I'm going to drop it one of these days.

I take my kindle in when I take a bath but I perch myself over the edge of the tub tub so the kindle isn't over water, I know I'm weird. B)

I do this too!

Put it in a large ziploc bag the kind with the little plastic piece on top. That way if it falls in it won't be damaged and if your hands get wet the kindle won't.
    I do this all the time. And the touch screen still works it the bag on it.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I recently discovered chocolate coated popcorn. This is not good news.

Chocolate covered jujubes

! -- (wait, *what*?!!!)

This... is such a foreign 'concept'...and in reading of its existence, feels as though I've just learned that some previously-understood, unwritten 'rule', about something 'fundamental' in the universe, has just been discovered to be false... (guess what? -- it turns out you *can* divide by zero!... <--- you might as well have just 'announced' *that*, the utter shockwave-inducing consequence of finding out that jujubes have now had a 'hey, you got jujubes in my chocolate!', Reese's-like 'big bang' moment, was *that* stunning (and summarily shattered my previous understanding of what would constitute viable 'chocolate-coverable, candy concoction compatibility complexes (jujubes and chocolate...?...! -- it's almost 'sci-fi' -like, it's so 'otherworldly'...! :) ))...

ythannah, I'm a fan of chocolate, and have historically been a fan of jujubes... but I'm gonna 'need a moment' to let this one sink in... ;)

There was entirely too much bacon in this thread, IMHO. It needed another injection of chocolate.

It's funny you mention that, because something I thought, but somehow refrained from conveying (perhaps I received a telepathic signal from you? :P ), was that the only way to make those chocolate covered jujubes any better would be to wrap them in bacon...! (I'm not kidding -- that actually crossed my mind... :) )

(An associated reality, however, would be the likely subsequent need to freaking toothpick-ize them, and *that's* not gonna happen (unless they're served as appetizers at some party for which the attendees are prepared to 'expect the unexpected' (though it still might warrant having them sign liability waivers, what with the pending shock being of such non-trivial 'magnitude' ;) ))...

I'm wondering why 2 of your posts on an earlier page were flagged??? Any idea why?

I had no idea that any of my posts had been flagged... how 'nice'...

If I had to hazard a guess, it would seem that the length 'bothered' someone (though that doesn't constitute grounds for flagging)...

I just checked details associated with my notifications... 2 posts were flagged (and presumably by the same person) as being "Spam" (which they perhaps consider anything beyond a certain length to 'be' (so much for embracing the "absolutely no judgment" aspect of the thread))...

(Thank you for the heads up... and Thank you for reading my posts...)

I read them, too. Mostly.

Also, Mindy is my favorite. :)

I don't read them I confess as they are too long. But no one should be flagged for that.

I do usually skim them to see if there is something I want to invest the time in. I did find the history of the equal sign really interesting.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Confession - on weeks when I work out regularly and hard and see a rather embarrassing increase in libido, and I dare not google that to see if it's a common thing. (I am guessing it could be linked to upped testosterone levels? In women high testosterone is known to... up...... erm........ desire.)

I have slightly elevated T due to medical issues. I also work out a lot.

Confession: On reading the mention of the lady with two boyfriends, my first thought was "Only two? That's kind of sad."

N=1
  • Oberon21
    Options
    It's comforting to know that other people eat the whole bag, box, or package of something sometimes. It's like you can't help it. You buy it with the intention of eating the serving size, but cravings take over, and it's gone.

This is really good to know that I am not alone in this. I will eat entire bags of things if they are in my house. I can not have chips, sweets, or anything of that sort in my house or I will eat it all.

This is why I do not have any food in my house. Seriously. Cat food is it.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    It's comforting to know that other people eat the whole bag, box, or package of something sometimes. It's like you can't help it. You buy it with the intention of eating the serving size, but cravings take over, and it's gone.

This is really good to know that I am not alone in this. I will eat entire bags of things if they are in my house. I can not have chips, sweets, or anything of that sort in my house or I will eat it all.

To clarify I never binge eat cat food....I am a vegetarian after all.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I booked a hotel room for myself to just relax today and I'm at 1500 calories at 4:30... no regrets and I plan on hitting at least 3k by the end of the day haha
  • Oberon21
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I recently discovered chocolate coated popcorn. This is not good news.

Chocolate covered jujubes

! -- (wait, *what*?!!!)

This... is such a foreign 'concept'...and in reading of its existence, feels as though I've just learned that some previously-understood, unwritten 'rule', about something 'fundamental' in the universe, has just been discovered to be false... (guess what? -- it turns out you *can* divide by zero!... <--- you might as well have just 'announced' *that*, the utter shockwave-inducing consequence of finding out that jujubes have now had a 'hey, you got jujubes in my chocolate!', Reese's-like 'big bang' moment, was *that* stunning (and summarily shattered my previous understanding of what would constitute viable 'chocolate-coverable, candy concoction compatibility complexes (jujubes and chocolate...?...! -- it's almost 'sci-fi' -like, it's so 'otherworldly'...! :) ))...

ythannah, I'm a fan of chocolate, and have historically been a fan of jujubes... but I'm gonna 'need a moment' to let this one sink in... ;)

There was entirely too much bacon in this thread, IMHO. It needed another injection of chocolate.

It's funny you mention that, because something I thought, but somehow refrained from conveying (perhaps I received a telepathic signal from you? :P ), was that the only way to make those chocolate covered jujubes any better would be to wrap them in bacon...! (I'm not kidding -- that actually crossed my mind... :) )

(An associated reality, however, would be the likely subsequent need to freaking toothpick-ize them, and *that's* not gonna happen (unless they're served as appetizers at some party for which the attendees are prepared to 'expect the unexpected' (though it still might warrant having them sign liability waivers, what with the pending shock being of such non-trivial 'magnitude' ;) ))...

I read your posts, but I don't have time to reply to everything. Although I'm wondering why 2 of your posts on an earlier page were flagged??? Any idea why?

I read the posts and why all the (( )) ) ( ()) (() )() ( )) () () () )( )( ((( ))) )) ) (( ( )) )( ()( )( ) ()() ()() just sayin.

^This.

1) For those curious...the new raspberry cheesecake donut squares at Dunkin are super gross. Completely not worth buying and eating. I'm mad I did it.

2) A hilarious amount of people have been getting on my nerves this week and my to-do list is so far behind I've decided Saturday I'm going to lock myself in my house and dance around in my underoos and clean. But knowing me, I'll end up at Target by 3.

I am SOOOOO glad you said that. I have been looking at it. Cheesecake is one of my weaknesses and ultimate favorite foods. I am sorry they go rid of the dunkin go bars.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Pipara wrote: »
    I have completely irrational anxiety about talking on the phone to anyone but my immediate family. As a result I don't answer the phone when I don't recognise the number, most of the time I don't answer it even when I do. I absolutely hate having to call to make appointments (doctors, hair etc). Even my manager at work has taken the hint and now texts/emails me instead to ask if I can cover for someone.
    I can't remember if it's always been like this, but it is soo annoying sometimes!

OMG I'm exactly the same... like i will walk to the nail salon 20 minutes away to set up an appointment just so I dont have to call them. I have my bf do all phone calls and I will only answer the phone if I know whos calling

• azulvioleta6
    Options

I will join in this party.

I want to say that I enjoy your horse avatar. I imagine them gossiping and telling each other ribald jokes.

I sort of imagine them being like Statler and Waldorf on the Muppets, but younger.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Confession: When I was a little kid, mum always had to feed the cat on top of the chest freezer, not to keep the kibble away from the dog, but to keep it away from me and my brother. We loved that stuff.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

To clarify I never binge eat cat food....I am a vegetarian after all.

I never thought otherwise, but I love that you felt you needed to clarify. On this thread, why not?

I also have a friend who is a vegetarian who loves her dog (who has all sorts of medical issues and allergies) so much that she home cooks his non-vegetarian food. I mean, I guess that would be expected, but it seems a level of commitment beyond buying the food.

(I'm a carb eater who has my cats on a low carb diet, but that's of course different.) ;-)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

annette-15, if it makes you feel any better, my (playfully silly) posts are seemingly not only invisible, but likely largely unread (though I understand that)... if your posts are relatively short (as in, nowhere near the length of mine), they'll definitely be read (and are)... worry not... your posts are not invisible, and are definitely being read... mine, on the other hand, would seem to be trapped within some sort of 'cloaking device', such that their presence, just off the starboard 'side' of the thread, is known only by occasional passersby, who all but 'bump into' them (and once 'seeing' any given one, are not averse to reading its length)... yes, my posts would seem to be more like tumbleweed making its way down the empty 'main street' of a 'ghost town'... on a windy day... with a tornado 'fast closing in'... though possibly 'drifting' to another 'town' anyway, all on their own... (c'est la vie...)

Edited to Add: my long posts are kinda like that Mindy Kaling commercial, where she ultimately comes to think she's invisible, and that no one can see her... and my ever receiving a reply is like the end of the commercial, where she's surprised(/startled) to find that someone sees her... ;)

Thanks.. I'll admit to skipping ur posts a lot. Maybe its ur way of writing, but as a non native english speaker (not that this should be an excuse, cause my english is perfectly fine), I just have a hard time reading ur posts. You know how some books are just harder to read than others? Yeah..idk why, sorry, I'll try to make more of an effort from now on :kissing_heart:

I confess that I also skip your posts, since they are always soooo long and I only have so much time to waste at work. I, however, have nothing against you...just long posts.

While on the subject, there is one person (I will never tell) on this thread that I despise!

Don't go there. In the immortal words of Taylor Swift shake it off. I just ignore that person (I suspect I know who it is). And if it's me...oh well. ☺️
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I have a phone interview tomorrow for a job, and I'm super nervous about it. I've been out of work for a long time, I really need a job (and this one sounds pretty good), and I haven't interviewed in about 5 years. I know, logically, that even if I totally blow it, I'm in no worse position than I am now...but my stomach is still jumping around like crazy. :/

You will do great. Take deep breaths and relax. Pretend you don't care. I always do better when I don't care! :)