Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Hmmm, what we need is less pointless celebrities like that Jenner woman and those Kardashian folk and a ton more scientists. You know, the folk that invented every aspect of our modern lives that we completely take for granted. Heating, electricity, medicine and sanitation. The people who made it possible for us to communicate instantaneously with people on the other end of the globe.

It's a weird thing I've noticed recently, the general vilification of scientists and doctors. Hopefully it's just a media phase that'll quickly dissipate.

Not sure if I'll regret saying this, but I believe that if our doctors and scientists and others who are beneficial to society made as much money as the "celebrities" do there would be more of them. I hate that celebrities, movie stars, musicians, etc. make SO much more money than teachers, caregivers, and anyone who helps others. Why aspire to be a teacher and make an "okay" living when you can be rich and famous??? (not to single out teachers only; just using it as an example)

I agree. I hate that athletes and celebrities make millions of dollars. Look at that boxing match a couple weekends ago. Mayweather got what? 180 MILLION DOLLARS?! That money could've been used for so many other, more worthwhile things.

If the Kardashians could disappear off the face of the planet I'd be very pleased. They can take Kanye with them.

Also, I heard this morning that a Picasso painting was auctioned off for $180 million. That's absurd! It makes me feel kind of sick thinking of what could be done with that kind of money.

I agree with this!! I cannot stand people that are famous just because.

As far as Kanye goes, I hate that he is such a jerk. He is SO talented and makes great music, he really is a musical genius but he sucks as a human. The only thing I loved that he did off the track was when he shocked Mike |Myers on live TV stating that George Bush doesn't care about black people. I STILL laugh about that when I think about it. But mostly he just acts a fool.

Something that made me so sad when all the stories about Bruce Jenner transitioning hit the news. Nearly all the headlines referred Bruce Jenner, the "reality star." Olympic gold medalist, the iconic Wheaties box cover for years, actor, business owner, race car driver, all reduced to step-father of the Kardashian brats on a reality show.

Actually now that you bring up Bruce, that lightened my opinion of Kanye a bit too, since Bruce said that Kanye was one of the most supportive in the family. He said Kim was very upset and Kanye talked her into understanding....I was surprised and pleased to hear that.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I am now going to bed irritated like I do nearly every single Mothers Day. :|

I'm sorry! Why?

Because my family sucks sometimes lol

My daughter, whom oddly enough is the one that causes me the most stress by far, normally does good for Mothers Day, like yesterday,.....she doesn't have any money really right now cuz she just finished her Uni year and started work today, but she made me a nice homemade card and put 10 little hearts with vouchers in it for things like foot rubs, laundry service, baked goods etc. I LOVED it.

My son, who is 17, and I still get up nearly every morning to see him off to school, and cook HOT food for him at 7am.....plus because he works a LOT and goes to school full time, plus other things, I do a lot for him that kid's his age do on their own like laundry and I always make sure there is hot food for him before/after work/school etc. He, got me a piece of cheese cake he brought home from his work late last night. I was upset that he did not get me a card mostly, because I feel his gifts are never heartfelt, and I have told him this before. His reply is "Well, you know I love you." I do not doubt he does, and he is a great kid, like seriously, my friends tell me all the time they would love a kid like him, he is hard working (and a good saver, which is odd for a kid his age, he has been working since he was 9 and routinely lends his sister money cuz she is terrible.....we always joke that by the time he is done Uni he will have saved enough money to buy a small island), he is a great student, and I never have to ground him or anything, like literally never. But it is upsetting to me that he could not take the time to write me a card.

My SO, is the WORST out of the group. We have the same argument nearly every year. Again, I will say overall, my SO is wonderful. We almost never fight and he is very good about doing nearly all the cooking and cleaning when he is here (which is only on weekends, and not every one), never once has he ever yelled at me, called me a name, or said something nasty to me. He is loving and affectionate, and a great handy man, does everything from household repairs to hand washing laundry and sewing. However, I am lucky to get "Happy Mothers Day" said to me, or any holiday really. Some years I have gotten small gifts, and to be quite frank, most of them sucked, like he does not know me at all. But it is not about the money, I would be happy with a card, again, and a small token like a movie ticket or something. The worst part is, like I said, we go over this every single year, and it's like by the next time, it never crosses his mind again.

Then I go to work the next day, and 500 people will say things like "Oh, I bet your family spoiled you", or talking about what their families did. Yes, yes I was spoiled, I got a piece of cheesecake :|

It is just disappointing that they never learn how I feel. Like I have said in other posts, my mother was a huge *kitten*, so I try really hard to be a good mother, and it hurts my feelings because I feel like they do not care.

End of rant!

Well it sounds like you have a fantastic family and I know you are proud of them and they love you! Given the way your mother treated you I can see how it is important to you that your children value you as a good mother. I fully believe that they do; they may just express it differently than you'd like. My kids are somewhat the same way. My youngest son would prefer to buy me something he cannot afford than just give me a card, so I can relate to that. At least your son is good with money!

As far as your SO, what was his past like as far as holidays? I was raised in a religion that did not celebrate holidays. When my current husband and I got married 15 years ago it took a LOT of work and focus on my part to remember all the holidays and traditions and expectations, etc. I'm still not very good at it! But, they know my past and they understand. Some people just don't like set days where you're obligated to acknowledge someone. IDK. Just throwing ideas out there. I appreciate the explanation and response!

You hit the nail right on the head there, that is exactly what it is. A lot of people that have terrible parents, become terrible parents. I made sure to break that cycle and give my kids a loving, stable, supportive home. All things I never got.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I was never a soda drinker and definitely not a diet soda drinker. I always thought it was gross. A few weeks ago I got a craving for something carbonated so I had a diet soda. Then I had another. Now I'm wanting one every day, for the purpose that it alleviates my hunger and takes my mind off of eating for awhile. I have a hard time breaking habits so I'm a little worried. Nothing wrong with diet soda but I would rather not be drinking it every day and using it to stave off hunger.

Which one do you drink? Diet Mountain Dew is my favorite.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Here's a confession. I hate my job. I hate it so much is making me depressed and affecting the rest of my life, but I feel trapped because I signed on for a contract to see a project through, and the project is dragging but I feel like if I go for a new job and have to explain why I'm leaving this one, it's going to look bad that I'm jumping ship before the end of the project and leaving a big hole in a small team. But I hate the work and hate the fact I work for who I work for. I feel like I'm getting deskilled and going backwards in my career. I'm also resentful that I'm not being paid what I'm worth and I'm paid way less than the rest of my team with no way of seeking a raise.

I needed to get that off my chest. Grrr.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Here's a confession. I hate my job. I hate it so much is making me depressed and affecting the rest of my life, but I feel trapped because I signed on for a contract to see a project through, and the project is dragging but I feel like if I go for a new job and have to explain why I'm leaving this one, it's going to look bad that I'm jumping ship before the end of the project and leaving a big hole in a small team. But I hate the work and hate the fact I work for who I work for. I feel like I'm getting deskilled and going backwards in my career. I'm also resentful that I'm not being paid what I'm worth and I'm paid way less than the rest of my team with no way of seeking a raise.

Sorry to hear that, that really sucks :(
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Sorry :( Finish your project and get out!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Confession:
    @pofoster21, every time I see your name I see it as POOF-ster. LOL ;)
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I can't add my foods and I am freaking out!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    There's a lot of posts going around about that.

Just another "improvement" that makes ya' want to buy premium. :wink:

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

I'm sorry. I hope things get better once you're able to put this behind you.

• ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    There's a lot of posts going around about that.

Just another "improvement" that makes ya' want to buy premium. :wink:

Thank you. Now, I can stop trying to "fix" my browser.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    deleted for unnecessary crankiness.

Thanks for the replies re job, guys. It's going to take at least the rest of the year, but I'll muddle through. Just getting me down.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    I don't have any problems?
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Okay, I have one (posting during work so you know my mind is NOT on work today) I am SO excited my company is buying another very large, very well known company (just announce today but I am weird about putting the name of the company I work for in this forum even though everyone can probably figure this out). I want in on this merger activity. I am going to throw my hat in the ring with my VP. I need a new challenge, I love complex projects that involve lots of teams and new situations, and my dissertation was on the organizational dynamics of mergers.

Win/Win right? Then I get scared to think about pursuing it. What if they aren't interested in me? What if I fail? What if I try to get in and get told 'no you are needed in your current job' but it back fires on me. What if I suck at it?

My friend says I am the most arrogantly insecure person she knows. Both are coming out today. But I feel like someone just dropped a gift in my lap with this... I need a distraction (between what is going on with my horse), company probably going to end up selling my area of the business, I am not in the spotlight right now. This could be just what I needed. I think its fate (even though not sure I believe in that) and I am going to pursue it with everything I have.

I think.... :)

I think I know what company you work for now. :)
    I was listening to a story on NPR this morning on my way to work about an acquisition of an old well known internet company.
    Anyhoo. One of my best friends once told me that you have to GO FOR IT! Whatever "it" is that you want. The worst thing that can happen is they'll say "No". So, then you pick yourself up and keep trying until you get where you want to go. A very wise friend, that one.

That would be the one. And I am. What do I have to lose?
  • lbrown0874
    lbrown0874 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    At work we have a snack cart when we are doing mega overtime and all last week it was parked outside of my cube....needless to say a weight gain of 4 lbs last week showed me I have no control when it comes to Peppermint Patties. I finally moved the cart to the other side of our department and I DARE anyone to bring it back!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession:
    @pofoster21, every time I see your name I see it as POOF-ster. LOL ;)

That's funny. The people at the barn call me Pof because I put my initials on everything. POOF would be a new one. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Sorry :( Finish your project and get out!

Agreed!
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i hate my diet sometimes. it is like when i am on a diet everything is about the diet!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I only log foods on MFP when I know I will be close to going over my calorie goal. If they fixed their broken barcode scanner I might be inclined to log more.

I used my barcode scanner yesterday on my iPhone and it worked. Was it broken before?

I have never had a problem with the scanner ever, but lots of people here seem to so maybe its a phone thing or something?

Lazy devs is the more likely problem.

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I can't handle people on lots of these threads don't know the difference between "your" and "you're"...I apologize if I sound like a snob but it really grinds my gears. :s

What really gets ME is when I see someone use 'than' instead of 'then'. Poor grammar in general bothers me but I do admit I am a bit nazi about it.