Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I don't think I ever want another dog again. Mine barks all day long at everything (thankfully we have a pretty quiet street or I can't even imagine) and drives me INSANE. And he'll destroy every tissue or paper or toilet paper roll he can get his paws on. And he hates dogs and might attack them so I don't even dare walking him. I'm so over dogs.

I had the greatest black lab ever. He lived to 15, and he was one of the smartest dogs I've ever known. If he barked, you knew something was up. He was my best buddy. When he died in '07 it absolutely devastated me. I was a wreck.

My confession is, I can't bring myself to get another dog. The reason being, although I've known a few great dogs,

I've known TONS of stupid, aggressive, loud, clumsy, disobedient, destructive, smelly, just plain dumb dogs. And if I got a dumb one, I'd resent the hell out of him.
    I understand this. Our dog is the sweetest, gentlest, kindest dog there is. We have a bunch of dogs in the extended family that come and stay from time to time, and they all annoy me, even though I love them.

Every one else's dogs annoy me after a while lol. Everybody has different behaviors they can tolerate that other people can't. My friend has a Beagle and I know I could never handle one. But I also know that my dog, who is "perfect" to me could likely drive other people crazy lol.

Picking a breed that suits your family (a general "your") is important. Knowing what you want/don't want in a dog will help you narrow your choices. (Example: I couldn't personally handle hounds, but Shiba Inus are perfect for me.)

You could also foster dogs for a bit until you find one that you connect with.

Always wondered how you came up with your name! You may have mentioned it back when we were all explaining our names, but that seems like forever ago!

Lol, Yes, it for my beloved Shiba Inus :smile:

I had to look up what that was.....cute dogs!

Yes, they are! Most people don't know what they are, people always ask if they're "mini Huskies". But no, they aren't. More people know what Akitas are, so I just tell them she's like a smaller version of them.

ETA: Now because we're talking about them, I wanted to add a picture of my girl

your dog is beautiful!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I don't think I ever want another dog again. Mine barks all day long at everything (thankfully we have a pretty quiet street or I can't even imagine) and drives me INSANE. And he'll destroy every tissue or paper or toilet paper roll he can get his paws on. And he hates dogs and might attack them so I don't even dare walking him. I'm so over dogs.

I had the greatest black lab ever. He lived to 15, and he was one of the smartest dogs I've ever known. If he barked, you knew something was up. He was my best buddy. When he died in '07 it absolutely devastated me. I was a wreck.

My confession is, I can't bring myself to get another dog. The reason being, although I've known a few great dogs,

I've known TONS of stupid, aggressive, loud, clumsy, disobedient, destructive, smelly, just plain dumb dogs. And if I got a dumb one, I'd resent the hell out of him.
    I understand this. Our dog is the sweetest, gentlest, kindest dog there is. We have a bunch of dogs in the extended family that come and stay from time to time, and they all annoy me, even though I love them.

Every one else's dogs annoy me after a while lol. Everybody has different behaviors they can tolerate that other people can't. My friend has a Beagle and I know I could never handle one. But I also know that my dog, who is "perfect" to me could likely drive other people crazy lol.

Picking a breed that suits your family (a general "your") is important. Knowing what you want/don't want in a dog will help you narrow your choices. (Example: I couldn't personally handle hounds, but Shiba Inus are perfect for me.)

You could also foster dogs for a bit until you find one that you connect with.

Always wondered how you came up with your name! You may have mentioned it back when we were all explaining our names, but that seems like forever ago!

Lol, Yes, it for my beloved Shiba Inus :smile:

Oh my goodness he/she is GORGEOUS!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I only log foods on MFP when I know I will be close to going over my calorie goal. If they fixed their broken barcode scanner I might be inclined to log more.

I used my barcode scanner yesterday on my iPhone and it worked. Was it broken before?

I have never had a problem with the scanner ever, but lots of people here seem to so maybe its a phone thing or something?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Confession #1: in the gym this afternoon a girl came in, did 5 minutes on the stepper, 5 minutes on the cross trainer, then lay on the floor, taking about 10 selfies. Then she left. I totally judged her. And sniggered.

Haha I've seen girls do that too! Or those "bro" looking guys the ones who are heavy on top because all they do is work their arms and then have those skinny little chicken legs- they come in do a few machines and then leave OR they come in with their gallon water bottles do a couple machines and just walk around with head phones on looking at themselves in the mirror. Great work out bro!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I recently had a problem with the barcode scanner trying to add some shredded cheese to a recipe but five minutes later, I was able to add a sauce correctly.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I confess that I always feel a tinge of wistful regret when I'm doing really well with my exercise and calorie goals, because I don't have anything to confess! :-O
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I'm having a bad day. We are going climbing in Brecon at the weekend, as preparation for the Ben Nevis challenge. I need a new coat. My boyfriend has been pulling out of various cupboards a collection of goretex coats. I have very subtly been telling him not to bother, i'll find my own, that i like, that fits properly etc. Last night he made me try on all of these coats. Not one of them fitted around my hips. It was a long exercise in humiliation. His comment was, 'oh you need one the same size as me then'. It didn't help. I went to bed and cried. Yes, i know I'm fat. I don't need to parade that in front of the people I love. I'm beginning to think this whole Ben Nevis idea was ridiculous. A woman my size has no business trying to climb mountains. Apologies for the self pitying rant. Feel very low today

I totally know how you feel. I hate getting handed lab coats on site visits and knowing there's no way it'll do up and having to get get one that drowns me most places to do up over my hips. My favourite situation is when they apologise that they only have xxl or something and they're too big for everyone.

You can definitely climb that mountain though. Go out and get a coat you feel comfortable in and you can do it!

Yeah my hips are frigging massive :( Although 3 inches down on size from last month). The problem is, the high street outdoor shops don't cater to coats in my size (that have to accomodate my gargantuan hips, a wicking top, a mid-layer fleece and a top fleece). Anyway, out of hurt and anger this morning, I've ordered a £200 coat from Berghaus to try, in cherry pink!
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I'm having a bad day. We are going climbing in Brecon at the weekend, as preparation for the Ben Nevis challenge. I need a new coat. My boyfriend has been pulling out of various cupboards a collection of goretex coats. I have very subtly been telling him not to bother, i'll find my own, that i like, that fits properly etc. Last night he made me try on all of these coats. Not one of them fitted around my hips. It was a long exercise in humiliation. His comment was, 'oh you need one the same size as me then'. It didn't help. I went to bed and cried. Yes, i know I'm fat. I don't need to parade that in front of the people I love. I'm beginning to think this whole Ben Nevis idea was ridiculous. A woman my size has no business trying to climb mountains. Apologies for the self pitying rant. Feel very low today

Oh my gosh you so have to climb it! I would love to climb it, but my SO isn't into that kind of thing so you have to climb it for me! And what are you on about "woman my size", you can be the first woman your size to climb it then :wink: Don't let a coat put you off the idea, once you do the challenge you will realise a coat is a coat and it is totally worth getting it in a slightly bigger size. About 8 years ago (and 3 stone lighter) I travelled around Borneo for a month and I climbed Mt. Kinabalu which is 4,095.2m or 13,435.7ft above sea level and I was 13st which is... about 170lbs. It was a struggle but it was damn worth it once you get to the top!

I am really excited about the climb (it was people here that persuaded me i could do it) and I'm so looking forward to it. My boyfriend has now decided he is going to do it with me (its an overnight climb, in the dark, on behalf of the alzheimer's society). I don't have a problem with having to get a bigger sized coat, i have a problem finding a bigger sized coat, and i have a bigger problem trying on a succession of coats that don't fit and having to say to my partners, nope, too small and generally feeling like crap about myself (my problem, not theirs). Outdoor shops do not cater to 15 stone women who want to climb mountains.

I will climb it for you Lois :) I'll be posting pics and videos on my justgiving page (which you can get through my profile) so you can experience it yourself ;)

I wouldn't have said either of my partners would do this either, although my boyfriend used to be in the army, those days are long gone. But after i signed up to climb Ben Nevis, my boyfriend decided he would too, which I think is great for him, because its encouraged him to go to the gym and get fitter. My girlfriend won't do it, says she couldn't, but is coming climbing in Brecon at the weekend, so we've found an activity that we all like to do together, that isn't sitting in front of a screen.

You should feel great about yourself on multiple levels for this...your selflessness to raise funds for alzheimers, that you are willing to do this and that you can do it, your sense of adventure, and the cherry pink coat sounds awesome! Finishing it will bring you a lifetime of pride. In marathons and triathlons, people along the road always hold up signs like... pain is temporary, pride is forever...the accomplishment is not in finishing, its that you had the courage to start, etc. Don't worry about your coat, get one that you like and fits, and then have a great time! Glad you have someone to do it with!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I feel really hard done by when I vote, play the lottery, or place a bet, and don't win. I SHOULD GET WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I TRIED.

YES. I bought 5 lines on the lottery on my birthday which was on the 5th May. So it was 5 5 5, but I'm too scared to check it, because I know I haven't won anything, I never do, but what if I have?? It's like Schrodinger's Cat in my head right now. lol

My husband has been explaining Schrödinger's cat to me for years, but you have finally helped me to get it!

The only reason I've even heard of that is Big Bang Theory! Love that show!

I had heard of Schrödinger's cat before Big Bang Theory but it was Sheldon who taught me what it was. Sheldon has taught me many things. Interesting fact, did you know the actor that plays Sheldon is 40! That man has aged well.

So I have to ask (and sorry if someone explained it and I missed it) what is this cat thing?

I didn't see anyone respond to this, but apologies if they did!

To over-simplify, it's the belief that until an action occurs, both possible outcomes exist equally. The "experiement" is that if you put a cat in a box with a vial of poison that will at some undetermined point in time break open and kill the cat, the cat is BOTH alive and dead until you open the box. Opening the box is what determines if it is in fact alive or dead, eliminating the other possibility.

It's kind of like the butterfly effect (NOT the terrible movie), which more people seem to understand.

That makes zero sense to me and is twisted. Put the scientist that invented that in the box. Not the harmless cat. We could use a few less scientists.

Hey now. I'm a scientist. I'm not a bad person. I'm working hard to contribute to the good health of both the environment and the people of this world. :)

It is an over simplified explanation. No cats were harmed it was just a way to explain a challenging concept.

A side note is I don't watch big bang theory but my kids do. I have been told by them and by my boyfriend and by a total stranger that I have some strong resemblances to a character called Bernadette. I think that was the name.

Ah. I see you were joking. I can't edit my first answer on my phone for some reason. :smiley:

Yeah, sorry, my sense of humor on that one CLEARLY did not come through. Happens often. I do sometimes crack myself up so that is something. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Someone tried to shoot George Zimmerman

My confession of the day is I am really, REALLY sad that it missed him.......

I didn't hear that but I agree, I am sad it missed him too.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I confess that I always feel a tinge of wistful regret when I'm doing really well with my exercise and calorie goals, because I don't have anything to confess! :-O

I confess after a few folks complained about the lack of interesting confessions yesterday I tried to wrack my brain to find some but I think I may have confessed everything (well....everything I am ever going to confess in a public ... even anonymous ... forum). I didn't want some key folks to abandon us!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

I confess after a few folks complained about the lack of interesting confessions yesterday I tried to wrack my brain to find some but I think I may have confessed everything (well....everything I am ever going to confess in a public ... even anonymous ... forum). I didn't want some key folks to abandon us!

I like what this thread has morphed into! It's an even balance of confessing, supporting, venting, and laughing and I look forward to it!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Confession: I wanted to go to Hooters and have boneless wings on Mother's Day because they were doing a moms eat free day. So I made my husband take me since I did not even see any of my kids that day.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Confession: I wanted to go to Hooters and have boneless wings on Mother's Day because they were doing a moms eat free day. So I made my husband take me since I did not even see any of my kids that day.

I confess that I am still disappointed that I didn't get in a last trip to bdubs on my final spell in VA in March. I was actually complaining about this to a colleague only today!

The other half of this confession is that towards the end of the trip I was opting for company over venue for dinner...
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I like what this thread has morphed into! It's an even balance of confessing, supporting, venting, and laughing and I look forward to it!

I totally agree! It's like a huge, nonjudgemental group of friends have come together to party and celebrate good times, commiserate in bad times, and joke about embarrassing moments and confessions without any judgement. It's my favorite thread!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I can't handle people on lots of these threads don't know the difference between "your" and "you're"...I apologize if I sound like a snob but it really grinds my gears. :s
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    So my confession is that I find those 'mother to be' Mother's Days cards ridiculous. Sure, I feel a bit crappy while preggers, but I'm not really doing any mothering at this stage of my embryo's development. Thankfully Mother's Day in the UK was back in March so there was no awkward conversation to be had, and fingers-crossed I'll actually be a mother by the time the next Mother's Day comes along.

To be fair, being British I find the whole baby-shower, gender reveal parties and all that jazz a bit foreign. I guess it's a cultural thing.

Sorry, I'm way behind - but absolutely agree. I'm American, and baby showers I'm alright with as long as they aren't having 4 of them for one baby; but all the gender reveal party, name reveal party, diaper party (unless it's the only party), push presents.... that stuff is totally overkill in my opinion.

You sound like you're going to be a sane, laid back mom. I know that seems like a weird thing to say, but just wait until you meet some of the nutters ;) Congratulations to you!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Me too!

I've been reading along but haven't been able to post much... the SO is home and we're both on vacation. So far that has consisted of finishing the work on my bathroom. And he gets a little weird about me spending time online, despite the fact that he spends HOURS on his iPad every day. But five minutes after I come in here, he'll be yelling from the other room, "What are you doing?'

Love the Shiba Inu pic!

I feel bad for everyone who had a crappy Mothers Day. My best friend usually has the same experience, and I always feel sad for her... she's an awesome mum who does so much for her (now adult) kids, and they just can't be bothered to make any effort to appreciate her.

My mother passed about six years ago and I always gave her a card and a gift. I would stand in the card store with tears in my eyes trying to find an appropriate card, because I refused to buy one of the ones that said "thanks for loving me and understanding me blah blah" and I would feel sorry for myself because I hadn't had the kind of mother that (I was convinced) everyone else had. But I would still find a nice card, usually of the "have a happy day" variety.

I am not a mother. My dogs did not acknowledge Mothers Day. And that's okay. :)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am resenting my family that is talking about getting another dog already when the one we lost hasn't even been dead a full 48 hours yet.

I also feel guilty for not seeing the signs of her bladder stones when we could have done something about them.

Sorry about your puppy.

• Oberon21
    Options
    Okay, I have one (posting during work so you know my mind is NOT on work today) I am SO excited my company is buying another very large, very well known company (just announce today but I am weird about putting the name of the company I work for in this forum even though everyone can probably figure this out). I want in on this merger activity. I am going to throw my hat in the ring with my VP. I need a new challenge, I love complex projects that involve lots of teams and new situations, and my dissertation was on the organizational dynamics of mergers.

Win/Win right? Then I get scared to think about pursuing it. What if they aren't interested in me? What if I fail? What if I try to get in and get told 'no you are needed in your current job' but it back fires on me. What if I suck at it?

My friend says I am the most arrogantly insecure person she knows. Both are coming out today. But I feel like someone just dropped a gift in my lap with this... I need a distraction (between what is going on with my horse), company probably going to end up selling my area of the business, I am not in the spotlight right now. This could be just what I needed. I think its fate (even though not sure I believe in that) and I am going to pursue it with everything I have.

I think.... :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I tried Zumba last night and realized how totally uncoordinated I am. I always thought I had a bit of rhythm but apparently not lol. My 4 year old was looking at me life WTF Mom??!!

I always look clumsy and completely graceless when I exercise. I even manage to look bad doing BodyCombat... but that's why I do it at home, lol.
    Sch614 wrote: »
    My daughter asked me why I was dressed up yesterday and the only difference was that I was wearing a v neck T-shirt instead of a graphic tee. Guess I set the bar REALLY low!!

Totally LOL'ed at this.

I confess that I went out for lunch with my husband then dragged him to 3 bakeries to find what I was craving for dessert, didn't find it, but found a decent compromise (had to go back to the first bakery we walked to, of course). At least we probably walked half a mile doing that, and I should still be in my calories, or close (I got something small and resisted all the 300+ calories stuff).