Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    I confess I don't log Ketchup. For no particular reason I just won't log it.

MFP has murdered my love of ketchup. I am now forced to siracha everything. Oh man I miss ketchup, but I fear if I have some I will just pour the whole bottle down my throat I love it so much.

Here is a lil backwards confession. I miss my fat gut every time I take a bath. It was like a perfect table to lay my computer, or book, or whatever on while i soaked for hours. Now that I am 25lbs less (!!!) barely anything sticks out of the water and I have to hold everything up.

But one of those bathtub trays and enjoy your 25 lb. loss! Even with a tray I don't think I'd trust myself to have a laptop with me in the tub. That thing would be accidentally submerged within a matter of minutes.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

annette-15, if it makes you feel any better, my (playfully silly) posts are seemingly not only invisible, but likely largely unread (though I understand that)... if your posts are relatively short (as in, nowhere near the length of mine), they'll definitely be read (and are)... worry not... your posts are not invisible, and are definitely being read... mine, on the other hand, would seem to be trapped within some sort of 'cloaking device', such that their presence, just off the starboard 'side' of the thread, is known only by occasional passersby, who all but 'bump into' them (and once 'seeing' any given one, are not averse to reading its length)... yes, my posts would seem to be more like tumbleweed making its way down the empty 'main street' of a 'ghost town'... on a windy day... with a tornado 'fast closing in'... though possibly 'drifting' to another 'town' anyway, all on their own... (c'est la vie...)

Edited to Add: my long posts are kinda like that Mindy Kaling commercial, where she ultimately comes to think she's invisible, and that no one can see her... and my ever receiving a reply is like the end of the commercial, where she's surprised(/startled) to find that someone sees her... ;)

Thanks.. I'll admit to skipping ur posts a lot. Maybe its ur way of writing, but as a non native english speaker (not that this should be an excuse, cause my english is perfectly fine), I just have a hard time reading ur posts. You know how some books are just harder to read than others? Yeah..idk why, sorry, I'll try to make more of an effort from now on :kissing_heart:

I confess that I also skip your posts, since they are always soooo long and I only have so much time to waste at work. I, however, have nothing against you...just long posts.

While on the subject, there is one person (I will never tell) on this thread that I despise!

I wonder if it's the same one I do?! I'll never tell either seeing how there's no judgment allowed.

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I bought a big clamshell container of chocolate chocolate chip cookies from the bakery at Shop Rite this past weekend. By the time I got them home about half of them were broken in half. I felt the need to get them out of the container as soon as possible so that the broken cookies didn't contaminate the whole ones. LOL
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    whereslisa wrote: »
    I have a lot of embarrassing things lol. I like to get naked and stand in front of the mirror and suck in while holding my stomach up so I can see what I look like skinny... LOL.

I also lie to my nutritionist/doctor about not drinking coffee and not eating potatoes... I drink coffee and do eat potatoes...

And I like to do the math over and over and over again to make sure how many calories I'm eating and how many I'm burning is correct for the amount of weight I want to lose, I mean I will do this like 8 times a day. Then I get sad because of how much I have left to lose and eat a spoonful of peanut butter at 3am while watching my 600 pound life.

It's like I wrote this. But my doc doesn't ask about potatoes and coffee...thank God.

I do the stomach thing all the time. Sometimes with jeans or work pants on so I can see if I lost this much my pants would fall off. lol.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 10K on Sunday and posted a not too shabby 1:30:22 time. confession: I was so happy when it was done that I cried!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of embarrassing things lol. I like to get naked and stand in front of the mirror and suck in while holding my stomach up so I can see what I look like skinny... LOL.

I also lie to my nutritionist/doctor about not drinking coffee and not eating potatoes... I drink coffee and do eat potatoes...

And I like to do the math over and over and over again to make sure how many calories I'm eating and how many I'm burning is correct for the amount of weight I want to lose, I mean I will do this like 8 times a day. Then I get sad because of how much I have left to lose and eat a spoonful of peanut butter at 3am while watching my 600 pound life.

If my doctor tried to stop me from eating potatoes, I would get a new one. Potatoes are my life. And cheese. Mmmmm potatoes with cheese.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    jlnoble513 wrote: »
    @AngryViking1970 what does turkey bacon taste like? I'm scared to try it lol. I don't like turkey

Uh...like bacon? LOL It doesn't taste like turkey, but it has a different texture than regular bacon for sure. It's much firmer and doesn't really get crispy. Try it!

But not really. I have decided that it's not worth the few calories I save. Life is too short!

This is the truest statement I've heard in quite some time! I feel 100% the same way. I'll save calories somewhere else. When I want bacon, I want BACON!
    I'll second that! I use this mentality with butter vs. margarine, cream vs. creamer, and whipped cream vs. cool whip. I would rather have the real stuff than the "fake".

My husband makes the BEST homemade whipped cream I've EVER tasted. He refuses to buy Cool Whip. And I can't even remember the last time I bought margarine. It's nothing but the real stuff in our house.

But does he *churn* the butter -- ? ;) Because if he's willing to *make* homemade whipped cream, and refuses to buy/stomach/condone margarine, then the *least* he could do is *make* 'homemade' butter... (if not, he's simply not 'on board' with homemade, or 'keepin' it real', and has from this day forth relinquished his right to listen to the theme song of RealStuff-idians the world over... ("ain't nothin' but the real thing, baby... ain't nothin' but the reeeeal thing..." (with apologies to Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell ;) )))...

Oh, wait... I just checked details of the relevant "Behind The Song" specifics, at americansongwriter.com, and (what are the odds?!)... as it turns out, that 1960s classic that I just began (type-)'singing', mere moments ago, was actually inspired by a woman whose husband made homemade whipped cream (!), and who steadfastly defended their right to eat real butter -- though (and this is the kicker) no mention is made of said husband actually *churning* the butter... and thus... I think we can let your husband off the hook...

;)

P.S. Not long ago, I race-read caught up on the thread... and while there are several posts I want to reply to, I felt compelled to quickly address the almighty Non-Churned Butter Conspiracy (a MoHousdon-ian gem... ;) ), what with its being such a pressing(/churning) matter of importance... ;P

Ok, I read this one :smiley: .

Unfortunately, he does not churn our butter. He works 60+ hours a week and still helps around the house including most of the cooking. I'm not going to fuss about his inability or non-interest in churning our butter.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    If anyone remembers my confession about Restaurant Manager that wants to buy cakes when we have 3 full time bakers. Well he's been pretty short/crappy with me ever since he had to make a quarter sheet cake. He went so far as to duck behind a wall thinking I didn't see him, one day.

He called me on my cell phone yesterday while I was out at lunch and when I answered I said

"This is my personal cellphone, call me back on my office line."

He made an exasperated noise and hung up.

He calls back 10 seconds later, "you're not in the office."

I said " I know, I'm at lunch, talk to you later."

Bwahahahahaaa! But did he call back after lunch?

Yes, to tell me to do something I did two days prior, because you know, he doesn't read his emails.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I bought a big clamshell container of chocolate chocolate chip cookies from the bakery at Shop Rite this past weekend. By the time I got them home about half of them were broken in half. I felt the need to get them out of the container as soon as possible so that the broken cookies didn't contaminate the whole ones. LOL

My grandmother used to date one of the Starn's
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

MFP has murdered my love of ketchup. I am now forced to siracha everything. Oh man I miss ketchup, but I fear if I have some I will just pour the whole bottle down my throat I love it so much.

Here is a lil backwards confession. I miss my fat gut every time I take a bath. It was like a perfect table to lay my computer, or book, or whatever on while i soaked for hours. Now that I am 25lbs less (!!!) barely anything sticks out of the water and I have to hold everything up.

But one of those bathtub trays and enjoy your 25 lb. loss! Even with a tray I don't think I'd trust myself to have a laptop with me in the tub. That thing would be accidentally submerged within a matter of minutes.

Me too. I take my tablet in the bath sometimes, but I am so nervous that I'm going to drop it one of these days.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Me too. I take my tablet in the bath sometimes, but I am so nervous that I'm going to drop it one of these days.

I take my kindle in when I take a bath but I perch myself over the edge of the tub tub so the kindle isn't over water, I know I'm weird. B)
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Confession - I Facetime on my iPhone with my bf from the tub - but I put the phone in a ziploc bag ;)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I ran my first 10K on Sunday and posted a not too shabby 1:30:22 time. confession: I was so happy when it was done that I cried!

That is awesome! Good for you!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

If my doctor tried to stop me from eating potatoes, I would get a new one. Potatoes are my life. And cheese. Mmmmm potatoes with cheese.

I would never have known this B)
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

That's amazing! I'd cry too!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    If anyone remembers my confession about Restaurant Manager that wants to buy cakes when we have 3 full time bakers. Well he's been pretty short/crappy with me ever since he had to make a quarter sheet cake. He went so far as to duck behind a wall thinking I didn't see him, one day.

He called me on my cell phone yesterday while I was out at lunch and when I answered I said

Bwahahahahaaa! But did he call back after lunch?

Yes, to tell me to do something I did two days prior, because you know, he doesn't read his emails.

HATE that. Also hate when you leave someone a message and they just call back and ask what you called for. Don't even bother to listen to the message.

Also, the people I call the "non-scrollers" - you send them an email and they check it on their phone and only read the portion that shows on the screen, not scrolling down to read the entire message. This is particularly irksome when you send a detailed email and someone doesn't bother to read the whole thing and something ends up NOT being done.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    cranor130 wrote: »

Congratulations!!!
    Thank you
  • MoHousdon
    Options

I HATE it when people bother me while I'm at lunch. My biggest work pet peeve. Other than the feet shuffling.

• berlynnwall
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I take my kindle in when I take a bath but I perch myself over the edge of the tub tub so the kindle isn't over water, I know I'm weird. B)

That's actually probably a good idea. When I'm getting out, I slide my tablet as far as I can across the floor because I'm paranoid about dripping water onto it. /also weird.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I would never have known this B)

Im ashamed to say I forgot my avatar was about cheese fries for a second, and I was very scared lmao.