Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    K8T80 wrote: »
    How can we get this to be back to confessions??!?!? Should we just start another thread?

Lol.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Confession: My SO pissed me off to tears on Mother's Day. He got highly intoxicated the night before. I don't think I've ever seen him that drunk. He puked ALL night. No sleep for me. Then he slept in - not me, the MOTHER, on MOTHER'S DAY!!! Then he wouldn't go with us to our trip to Craters of the Moon cuz he was "sick" (hungover). I think he owes me another Mother's Day.

Tell him you want a "Mother's Day Do Over"!

Or paybacks on Father's Day...
  • catjan
    catjan Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Opening the MFP app on my phone but then closing it straight away & ignoring it for the rest of the day - just so it shows I logged in. Stupid really!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Confession, I just ate two servings of peanut butter. I mean, there was some apple in there, but it was just an excuse for the peanut butter... ugh...

Which kind of peanut butter? It's only sad if it's one you didn't like:D.

I've been making a rice cake sandwich lately with two Quaker Chocolate Rice Cakes, two tablespoons or three of peanut butter, & either a half or full serving of peanuts or almonds. So tasty.
  • Talkradio
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I confess that I always pin a ton of recipes on Pinterest & then never make them.

I also love to pin funny memes & food/exercise funnies.

I have a board just for funnies/memes and exercise. But I have about 3 or 4 for food (desserts, baking, squares, bread, etc). I have made a few things I have seen on there (Carmelitas, salted caramel cheesecake, caramel sauce). I have started my own recipe book. The recipes I find that I have tried and tinkered to my liking (adding things/changing quantities/variations/etc) I print on nice paper add pictures and put in a sheet protector. Then there are ones that I find and store in a section of my book called "prospects". That way I can write in any changes that I make when making it or make notes on what I would do next time before I save a final copy.

When I was a kid, my mom, grandma, and aunt would always make apple pie from all the apples from their trees. I used to get so sick of apple pie since we had it for dessert for every dinner because we made so many pies in the fall. Now that they are gone, it took a while to figure out all the spices they put in it and the tricks they used to get the right pie crust (vinegar). I have since mastered making pie crust (and abhor any store bought crust/pie) but i want something I can pass down to my kids (when I have them) so they can recreate the yummy food I make. Now, when we have family dinners i always make dessert and apple pie just for my dad. Food=love.

We lost my grandmother recipes and it breaks my heart. Loved all her meals and desserts.

My grandma died suddenly when I was 9, and then most of her belongings and papers were lost in a house fire before they were divided up. It's still difficult to think about.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    The campground had wifi...crappy wifi but enough to log in quickly each morning. Streak continues!

Yay, I'm so glad.
    I know I'm not going to keep mine unless I have someone in town help me log in each day. No wifi where I go.

Confession: Last week I was on vacation and I ate so much. When I weighed in on Saturday I was six pounds heavier. :( I haven't been working out since I injured my knee either so that didn't help at all.

I got my MRI done and I do have a small meniscus tear so I'm going to try physical therapy first. Hope it helps.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I drink extreme amounts of caffeine to make myself feel better when I over eat. Five hours, black coffee shots, and lots of cups of coffee. A lot of the times when I do this it prevents weight gain or helps my weight loss. However it is a bad habit and can be very unsafe depending on the person.

I can't drink 5 Hour Energy drinks. There was one night I couldn't sleep & of course I had to go to work so I had a Monster Coffee drink the next morning & that didn't seem to give me any energy at all. During the afternoon I decided to try a 5 Hour Energy & thought I was going to have a heart attack, because my heart was racing a mile a minute. The worst part was I couldn't sleep again & was up another night.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Confession: I hate Pinterest! It's not organized enough for my OCD brain!
  • Talkradio
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I am now going to bed irritated like I do nearly every single Mothers Day. :|
    Yeah, I did too. I don't want 'stuff'. All I ever want (and yes, I have expressed this previously) is something homemade/heartfelt. I loved it when they were little and made macaroni pictures or little photo frames at school. One of my treasured gifts was when my youngest painted a picture of me and the teacher framed them. I still have it on my wall.
    I was upset this year because nobody gave me a card. My husband made me feel like I was being bratty about it because they took me out for a nice lunch and to the bee farm.

At the risk of sounding terrible, I was slightly put out that my in-laws didn't really acknowledge that I was celebrating Mother's Day, too. We went to their house for lunch, got my mil a big box of chocolates, and nada for me. My mil has kind of set a precedent of making a big deal out of stuff, so it was weird to not even get a card from them. Obviously I'm not their mother, but isn't it strange to do it one year and not the next?
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Unrelated but I heard on the radio Monday is National Eat Whatever You Want Day! For those in the US enjoy!

Wish my body knew about that.
    CynSearly wrote: »
    A workout confession from me:

I refuse to go to a public gym because I am severely embarrassed by the massive amounts of fat I carry on my upper arms, and the way it flaps and makes disgusting sounds when I am working out makes me queasy. I don't want to imagine how it would make others feel.

I'm sorry. I completely get it.

Confession - got peeved at the gym because they promised muffins and coffee for Mother's Day this morning and there wasn't any.

My Mother's Day treat was going to Carvel and getting a waffle bowl and Nutella soft serve (I was 'good' and only got medium size though). So I'll be a bit over. Whatever. I'd been craving it for 2 weeks, since I got the flyer in the mail. Probably shouldn't have got a waffle and a chocolate croissant this morning too, in retrospect, but the funny thing is that I should still be hitting my protein goal, and even if I eat at maintenance today I'll have enough of a deficit to lose half a pound this week, so it's all good.

And my husband did steam clean the floors while I was at the gym.

Awesome! Glad he did that for you!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited May 2015
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I just ate a Quest apple pie bar that tasted nothing like apple pie. It was quite gross ... but I ate it anyways. :blush:

I did not enjoy the apple pie one, and it kind of broke my heart.

I confess that I am on Quest's website looking at different recipes to make with Quest Bars.

Has anyone tried their protein powders yet? If so, what do you think of them?

http://blog.questnutrition.com/category/recipes/
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I'm about to eat 3,000 calories of Dominos pizza. Think it's safe to say I've fallen off the wagon

Just get up & dust yourself off again. One day of bad eating or even a few days of bad eating won't derail all of your hard work.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am 35 pages behind!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I love chicken nuggets. That's what I get 99% of the time at Wendy's or McDonald's. I don't believe that they're only a "kid's food" and I don't feel weird about ordering them as an adult. And yay that chicken fries have returned to Burger King!

I love chicken nuggets too. If I have a burger, I have it totally plain, so I figure I may as well forgo the bread and just stick to the yummy bit. Haven't had any in ages though. This thread leads to most of my poor food decisions!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Confession: My dad got my mom, sister, and mother gift certificates for manicures and pedicures for Christmas.

For Mother's Day we took my mom out for a brunch buffet at a craft beer market (which was amazing and I completely ate more than I should). It was $25.95 per person and I paid for myself, my husband's and half of my mom's plus tip. Mom, sister, and I then went for manicures and pedicures using the gift certificates we got for Christmas.... Including my mom's. The way I look at it, it should be spending time with my mom and not the amount I spend on her. I think my mom was slightly offended for using her Christmas gift certificate though.

Been craving brunch buffets so badly, I avoid them, last time I went to one I probably ate 1200 calories and that was by restraining myself a LOT. So I'm stuck in the 'I really want to go but it's so bad for me' mentality...

For the manicures and pedicures, well, I guess it depends how it happened. If you invited her and asked her to use her gift certificate, well, yeah I would be offended too. If you just decided to go there together, it's not the same thing...

Confession - I don't really like mother's day because I feel I always have to plan what I want to do for it and it just completely defeats the purpose for me. Maybe when the kids are older it will be nicer... But at the same time, it's not really something we ever celebrated when I was growing up (in France) so it's not such a huge deal.

Planning mother's day is your husband's job. I remember I loved mothers day when I was a kid we got to make french toast with my dad and surprise mom with breakfast in bed. For some reason I never figured out this was the one day of the year my mom always 'slept in'. She was probably jumping out of her skin wanting to get out of bed. Now in retrospect I think that is so sweet.

Sleeping in... LOL. I had to sleep on the recliner last night again because my husband was snoring too much, which means I was up at 6am again... it's like clockwork. Too bright too early so I wake up. Sigh. But at least he didn't wake me up during the night for once. But no... Made all my own meals today and the kids' too...

Ok I might be a bit bitter.

While I don't think sleeping in the recliner is a good long-term option for you, in the meantime, get an eye mask! I have a black satin eye mask that I use if I'm ever where I need to sleep and block out the light.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I confess that I really don't see the big deal with freaking out over loose skin around the arms and stuff. I was more embarrassed with how my arms looked when I was obese.

The only time I hate seeing my loose skin is when I am on the treadmill & I see it flapping in the wind or notice it looks like lumpy cottage cheese. Now when I was morbidly obese I was shocked by how my arm was as large as my 3 year old niece.

Still I didn't appreciate how a customer a man around 60-70 came up to me around a month ago & asked if I lost some more arm fat & how to lose arm fat as if I am Dr. Oz or something haha.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I am now going to bed irritated like I do nearly every single Mothers Day. :|

I'm sorry! Why?
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    It's 4:43 am and I'm eating a left over chocolate bunny from Easter while watching workout videos on YouTube.

Is this confessing or boasting? I mean, who still has leftover Easter chocolate!?

I have left over Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's and Easter candy. I'm probably going to drop off the Halloween candy at work since it's getting old and I'm not going to be able to eat it all (I try to work some into each day as a snack). As I said in one of my first confessions, I have probably 10 lbs of candy (good candy...I wish I could eat it all).
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I confess that I'm actually delighted when I find myself 20 pages behind, unlike many others here who hate falling behind on the thread. It gives me a lot of reading to do while I slack off on housework... ;)
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    The campground had wifi...crappy wifi but enough to log in quickly each morning. Streak continues!

I had similar a while back - just logged a coffee for each day of the following week to make sure I had *something* logged each day, didnt need to panic about signal then!