Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm actually really proud of myself because although I did buy a box of 48 Cadbury Eggs, I still have a lot left and I haven't sat around eating 10 at a time. I did find this trail mix at my grocery store though that has peanuts, chocolate chips, caramel chips, white chips, and some kind of soft chocolate candy in it - that may prove harder to stay away from. So delicious.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I really want to talk $h!t about my co-workers on here, but I'm afraid that by some weird coincidence they'll get on here and read what I've said about them and know how I really feel. I put on a nice face at work in an effort to maintain a good working relationship with everyone in my office :#
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

annette-15, if it makes you feel any better, my (playfully silly) posts are seemingly not only invisible, but likely largely unread (though I understand that)... if your posts are relatively short (as in, nowhere near the length of mine), they'll definitely be read (and are)... worry not... your posts are not invisible, and are definitely being read... mine, on the other hand, would seem to be trapped within some sort of 'cloaking device', such that their presence, just off the starboard 'side' of the thread, is known only by occasional passersby, who all but 'bump into' them (and once 'seeing' any given one, are not averse to reading its length)... yes, my posts would seem to be more like tumbleweed making its way down the empty 'main street' of a 'ghost town'... on a windy day... with a tornado 'fast closing in'... though possibly 'drifting' to another 'town' anyway, all on their own... (c'est la vie...)

Edited to Add: my long posts are kinda like that Mindy Kaling commercial, where she ultimately comes to think she's invisible, and that no one can see her... and my ever receiving a reply is like the end of the commercial, where she's surprised(/startled) to find that someone sees her... ;)
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My only strongest motivation for being 'good' this week is that I intend to eat 17 of every passed hors d'oeuvres at a wedding I'm attending Saturday evening...

...and because open bar, that's why.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge popcorn fan, but this stuff!!! Oh my blazin' heaven!

b45459_zpsyvvxomrn.jpg

Yaaaaas. The coconut one is my jam.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    vmlabute wrote: »
    I wear the same jeans over and over until they get dirty...then I have to wash them

Oh man me too! Mostly because they are the only jeans that fit me well while at my current size, and since I shall keep forcing my size to change I am not buying another pair
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    jlnoble513 wrote: »
    @AngryViking1970 what does turkey bacon taste like? I'm scared to try it lol. I don't like turkey

Uh...like bacon? LOL It doesn't taste like turkey, but it has a different texture than regular bacon for sure. It's much firmer and doesn't really get crispy. Try it!

But not really. I have decided that it's not worth the few calories I save. Life is too short!

This is the truest statement I've heard in quite some time! I feel 100% the same way. I'll save calories somewhere else. When I want bacon, I want BACON!
    I'll second that! I use this mentality with butter vs. margarine, cream vs. creamer, and whipped cream vs. cool whip. I would rather have the real stuff than the "fake".

I drink the world's smallest cup of coffee every morning because I refuse to use anything but real sugar and half and half. I put the sugar and 1/2 & 1/2 in the cup first and then add the coffee until the color is right (about 4oz). If it isn't perfect I'll throw it away and start over.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

It's a fast moving thread--just keep chatting!

Lol I'm well aware, I've read every single post in this thread, I'm always caught up :smiley:

Throw something super juicy and gossipy up!

I don't think that really works. The guy who slept with his cousin's wife and the girl with two boyfriends were largely ignored...

When did this happen?!?!?!?!?

Near the beginning of the thread.

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Lol I'm well aware, I've read every single post in this thread, I'm always caught up :smiley:

I don't think that really works. The guy who slept with his cousin's wife and the girl with two boyfriends were largely ignored...

Way back in the thread. I think the cousin's wife one was quite near the start. Apparently it was fun when it happened but now visiting them is awkward. Probably unsurprisingly.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

I won $2mill in a poker tournament in 07 (tho I only ended up with a profit of $500k). Being 19 at the time I was verrrry reckless with money thinking I would be able to do this again and again. Turns out its not that easy and I wasted SOOO much money in the next couple of years, just being young and naive. Now I look back at that time and regret so much of what I did and wish I woulda known then what I know now. Oh well...live and learn eh? lol

I was also thrown into the spotlight because of this win, and really had to learn to grow up and dealing with people judging me and talking about me on forums etc. It was very hard on me, and I'll never forget some of the negative things ppl said about my looks. This is one of the reasons I finally decided to lose weight, to make ppl shut up.

Well, that's juicy! Do it for you!
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    vmlabute wrote: »
    I wear the same jeans over and over until they get dirty...then I have to wash them

Oh man me too! Mostly because they are the only jeans that fit me well while at my current size, and since I shall keep forcing my size to change I am not buying another pair

I do the same, but it's because I don't want to waste water. If they don't look dirty, they don't need to be washed. Everything else; shirts, underwear, socks...must be washed after a single use.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I'm not a huge popcorn fan, but this stuff!!! Oh my blazin' heaven!

b45459_zpsyvvxomrn.jpg

Yaaaaas. The coconut one is my jam.

Have not tried coconut. I have failed in life. Going out now to find coconut.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    rant: at work they recently changed our letters to our clients to make them sound more conversational. These letters are atrocious as they remove common grammar and paragraph structure as well as they have removed key pieces of information. One sentence is not a paragraph people!!! My entire team has complained about the new letter format including my supervisor but no one is willing to document their complaints to be addressed. I am so frustrated.

thank you for letting me vent (and if I didn't use proper grammar it's because this is forum and not a formal & professional letter to a client). /rant
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ^ Not stupid! That is a very unhelpful way to list serving sizes. I have no clue.

I agree on both counts: not a stupid question because I've never understood popcorn servings anyway. "Unpopped"??? Why even list it that way?

I know right! As if ANYONE eats it unpopped

Yeah, I can sort of picture it.

"Oh my god! Are you alright? Were you in an accident?"
    Quizzical look, "Whatever do you mean?"
    Completely dumbfounded and uncomfortable look, "Well, I mean, you know, your teeth."
    Happy but busted smile, "That comes from eating my favorite snack. Rock hard unpopped popcorn, with added lump of unmelted butter and salt. Mhmm, yummy. I know it broke all my teeth, but it was totally worth it. Also I got to accurately measure the calories!"

This is seriously the first post that actually made me LOL in a long time! We should be friends!!!
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I recently discovered chocolate coated popcorn. This is not good news.

Chocolate covered jujubes

! -- (wait, *what*?!!!)

This... is such a foreign 'concept'...and in reading of its existence, feels as though I've just learned that some previously-understood, unwritten 'rule', about something 'fundamental' in the universe, has just been discovered to be false... (guess what? -- it turns out you *can* divide by zero!... <--- you might as well have just 'announced' *that*, the utter shockwave-inducing consequence of finding out that jujubes have now had a 'hey, you got jujubes in my chocolate!', Reese's-like 'big bang' moment, was *that* stunning (and summarily shattered my previous understanding of what would constitute viable 'chocolate-coverable, candy concoction compatibility complexes (jujubes and chocolate...?...! -- it's almost 'sci-fi' -like, it's so 'otherworldly'...! :) ))...

ythannah, I'm a fan of chocolate, and have historically been a fan of jujubes... but I'm gonna 'need a moment' to let this one sink in... ;)

There was entirely too much bacon in this thread, IMHO. It needed another injection of chocolate.

It's funny you mention that, because something I thought, but somehow refrained from conveying (perhaps I received a telepathic signal from you? :P ), was that the only way to make those chocolate covered jujubes any better would be to wrap them in bacon...! (I'm not kidding -- that actually crossed my mind... :) )

(An associated reality, however, would be the likely subsequent need to freaking toothpick-ize them, and *that's* not gonna happen (unless they're served as appetizers at some party for which the attendees are prepared to 'expect the unexpected' (though it still might warrant having them sign liability waivers, what with the pending shock being of such non-trivial 'magnitude' ;) ))...
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    Confession: I'm enjoying *kitten* talking Habs fans over the playoff series way to much today.

Go Habs!!!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options

This was pretty early in this thread, if I recall correctly. I was surprised it was passed over so quickly, too.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I walked the treadmill at lunch to add calories so I could eat my Arbuckle Mountain Fried Pies cherry pie for dessert tonight. I do not regret this decision.

http://arbucklemountainpies.com/

You did NOT just link that! I didn't need a visual. *drool

Were you drooling at the cowboy in the background or the little fruit filled wontons?

The food, of course! I'm not a cowboy type. I'm a Dwayne "The Rock' Johnson type. :p

Yes!!! And Vin Diesel!
  • Sarah_828
    Sarah_828 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a bag of mini chocolates in my drawer at work that are only about 50 cal each. They're my rewards for getting things done and I never log them. I cut myself off after 3 if I'm having a particularly productive day.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I really want to talk $h!t about my co-workers on here, but I'm afraid that by some weird coincidence they'll get on here and read what I've said about them and know how I really feel. I put on a nice face at work in an effort to maintain a good working relationship with everyone in my office :#

Pretty sure this is one of the definitions of "being an adult". Most of us probably do the same thing.