Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    paulaviki wrote: »
    Today I had broccoli oven roasted for the first time, I always just usually boil it. It was bloody gorgeous! And then I mixed tuna with avocado for my sandwiches tomorrow instead of mayo. Also bloody delicious. How have I not eaten these things in this way before!

I've never heard of oven roasted broccoli, but I love broccoli and will try this soon! Thanks!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

haha. You don't have ketchup chips?

I have never even heard of ketchup chips until today.

The fact that Canada actually has products other countries don't blows my mind.

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!

That's part of the reason I'm excited for my trip to Arizona in a few weeks. (Okay, mostly it's the food I'm excited about lol).

Speaking of, as I have never been to Arizona, is there anyone here that can recommend things to do/see? I am going to be in Maricopa, so anything that's within a few hours drive would be great.

I lived in Tucson for 3 years as a kid. The Desert Museum is pretty cool. You should also go to Eegees and don't eat the food, but get one of their frozen fruit drinks. The best part of Arizona in my opinion is that they don't have many tall buildings (or trees) so their light pollution is nil. You can see the stars so much better down there. Def do that. Also, prepare to feel like you are going to die from the heat. It hits you like a wall.

I am worried about this, as I don't handle heat very well. Hmm, I guess I'd better go shopping since I think I only own one pair of shorts... maybe two.

And don't let anyone fool you by this "It's just dry heat" BS. Sure, there is no sweaty humid feeling, but when it's 115 degrees outside you FEEL 115 degrees. But, enjoy your trip!

115 degrees?!?! Holy hell, it's in the 80s here in SC and I'm already struggling!! *Makes mental note to avoid Southwestern US in summer time* :astonished:

It's been mid 80's all week here in Richmond, VA. I like it but I could use some more 65-75 degree days before it becomes hell on earth.

I lived in Farmville (haha farmville yes I know) VA and Charlottesville, VA for three years!

Nice! You weren't too far away from me. We are just now finishing up the last of the pollen bombs. Yay.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Twenty pages behind! Teach me to go camping for the weekend...
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Did you manage to keep your logging streak? You were aiming for 500 if I recall?

Editing to add... You just answered this in your twenty-page-catch-up. Glad to hear you kept it!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: I am totally confused with the weight loss thing. Just started to read this http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10159119/just-fit-it-in-to-your-daily-allowance#latest and everyone is saying 1200 calories is too low. So. This has been the last 5 months of my life.

January and February I was eating 1600 calories + swimming 3 x week and not losing weight.
    March I go down to 1400 calories and start going to the gym 3 x week as well as swimming 3 x week. Still not losing weight. I go to the doctors and he tells me to go down to 1200 calories maybe even 1000 calories.
    April I go down to 1200 calories go to the gym 3x week, swim 3 x week and start doing the couch to 5K (Which is a 30 minute jog/walk program 3x week) I have only lost 5lbs in 5 months.

Anyone else baffled? Because I am! I'm going to keep going, I refuse to go down to 1000 calories because I will probably faint, but my parents are insisting I should because that's what the doctor said. Which leads me onto a small rant/ramble. What makes MFP so confusing is the fact that I have a trained and licensed doctor tell me I might have to go down to 1000 calories a day to lose weight, but if I posted that on the forum EVERYONE would have a field day. Unlicensed, untrained people telling me its too low, possible trolls telling me its too low but on the other hand people who have succeeded telling me its too low. Who do you listen to??

When you ate around 1600 were you weighing your food on a food scale? I weigh a lot of my foods on a food scale in grams/ounces. It's especially handy to weigh things I know I would still indulge way too much in like ice cream, peanut butter, chips, & cereal. I think the most pitiful serving size has to be cereal since it barely fills a bowl.

I think it's also harder at times to accurately gauge your exercise burns unless you're using a heart rate monitor with a chest strap since MFP & machines can be very inaccurate. I am not sure if they make a HRM that can track swimming calories?

The people who get the most grief with eating 1,200 calories or lower are the people who have greater amounts to lose & could get away with eating a higher calorie amount & losing at a steady rate rather than crash dieting & then having a binge & giving up.

Most of the time if someone has a medical reason & doctor supervision to eat lower calories then most don't give them a hard time.

Now I am on Pinterest looking up recipes to make with Quest bars.

I confess I made protein pancakes for the first time & the taste was good, but they didn't flip as well as I would've liked. Next time I make them I'll have to thin out the batter more.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am totally confused with the weight loss thing. Just started to read this http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10159119/just-fit-it-in-to-your-daily-allowance#latest and everyone is saying 1200 calories is too low. So. This has been the last 5 months of my life.

January and February I was eating 1600 calories + swimming 3 x week and not losing weight.
    March I go down to 1400 calories and start going to the gym 3 x week as well as swimming 3 x week. Still not losing weight. I go to the doctors and he tells me to go down to 1200 calories maybe even 1000 calories.
    April I go down to 1200 calories go to the gym 3x week, swim 3 x week and start doing the couch to 5K (Which is a 30 minute jog/walk program 3x week) I have only lost 5lbs in 5 months.

Anyone else baffled? Because I am! I'm going to keep going, I refuse to go down to 1000 calories because I will probably faint, but my parents are insisting I should because that's what the doctor said. Which leads me onto a small rant/ramble. What makes MFP so confusing is the fact that I have a trained and licensed doctor tell me I might have to go down to 1000 calories a day to lose weight, but if I posted that on the forum EVERYONE would have a field day. Unlicensed, untrained people telling me its too low, possible trolls telling me its too low but on the other hand people who have succeeded telling me its too low. Who do you listen to??

When you ate around 1600 were you weighing your food on a food scale? I weigh a lot of my foods on a food scale in grams/ounces. It's especially handy to weigh things I know I would still indulge way too much in like ice cream, peanut butter, chips, & cereal. I think the most pitiful serving size has to be cereal since it barely fills a bowl.

I think it's also harder at times to accurately gauge your exercise burns unless you're using a heart rate monitor with a chest strap since MFP & machines can be very inaccurate. I am not sure if they make a HRM that can track swimming calories?

The people who get the most grief with eating 1,200 calories or lower are the people who have greater amounts to lose & could get away with eating a higher calorie amount & losing at a steady rate rather than crash dieting & then having a binge & giving up.

Most of the time if someone has a medical reason & doctor supervision to eat lower calories then most don't give them a hard time.

I confess I made protein pancakes for the first time & the taste was good, but they didn't flip as well as I would've liked. Next time I make them I'll have to thin out the batter more.

I know! I actually went and bought a smaller bowl so it didn't look so bad. I definitely know how I got fat to start with!

It's not a HRM but I got a Mis-Fit because it can track swimming. I crossed the calorie burn with various websites and on average they are all in the same ball park. I have discovered today that said Mis-Fit is giving me extra calories to take me up to my TDEE (I think). So I need to play around and see if I can change that.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    A few pages back I wrote about my large unhealthy co-worker that has been sick all week, sitting over there hacking & coughing, pumping germs into the air, and refusing to stay home when we have tons of sick leave available.

So, worst fears realized, I woke up this morning with a sore throat & headache. Started coughing.

P*ssed, I walk into work...and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, she called in sick today...on a Friday.

Guess who is her back up?

So now I'm sick on a Friday, getting an average of 5 emails a minute between both of our emails.

%$^& ^*&#$(@#& $% $@#(*&^ %(^&%#

Can you crumble munster cheese into her keyboard without being seen? Hypothetically, or course.

Better.

I've already set aside a couple of potential ticking time bombs that I'm "not able to get to today"...and then I'm calling in sick on Monday.

Bwahahahaha!!! That'll teach 'em. I love it!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

If you're eating 1200 calories and burning 400 - 600 at the gym, then maybe you're not getting enough calories.

I would talk to a dietitian. I'm guessing you talked to your general practitioner and they might not have as much knowledge as a dietitian. Hope it gets better soon for you!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    K8T80 wrote: »
    How can we get this to be back to confessions??!?!? Should we just start another thread?

Truth. It seems while we've all bonded and made new and great friendships, the spirit of the thread is waning.

Confession. I took a 30 day challenge not to weigh myself. After a week of crap eating, I weighed myself to give myself a new new start, hey you jerk, don't do this, look at how fat you got in a week.

At 243.2 lbs this morning, most of which is constipation weight i'm sure, you better friend me now because I'm racing to Onederland and you won't want to miss this ride.
  • quiksylver296
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ]
    Holy crap I go away for the morning and come back to 7 pages! I can't handle it :(

I'm going camping for the weekend. I doubt I'll ever catch up.

Also, I'm kinda stressing out over the fact there may be no cell service and I'll lost my log-in streak. I'm at 487 days and I want to make 500, dangit![/quote]

Ahh, you just gave me something new to worry about. I'm going camping in August for a few days and I never thought of this. :( I know I won't have service. I took my phone last year and was only able to use it to take pictures.

Let us know if you were able to keep the logging streak or not...
    [/quote]

The campground had wifi...crappy wifi but enough to log in quickly each morning. Streak continues!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    its made me lol that other Canadians think that Canada doesnt have products other countries dont

thats my confession

also maple cookies are a million times better than oreos

Maple fudge is. I'm not sure I've ever had a maple cookie.

Lots of things are better than oreos, though. As an American I don't think oreos are some exemplar of the best of American cuisine or anything.

5lswutrxtzau.jpg

yea maple fudge is also amazing ahhh anything pure maple syrup is ...maple bacon kettle chips yes please

WHAT?!? I NEED these!!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    K8T80 wrote: »
    How can we get this to be back to confessions??!?!? Should we just start another thread?

Truth. It seems while we've all bonded and made new and great friendships, the spirit of the thread is waning.

Confession. I took a 30 day challenge not to weigh myself. After a week of crap eating, I weighed myself to give myself a new new start, hey you jerk, don't do this, look at how fat you got in a week.

At 243.2 lbs this morning, most of which is constipation weight i'm sure, you better friend me now because I'm racing to Onederland and you won't want to miss this ride.

Time for some prunes & water? I hate constipation & sodium weight. Luckily you don't have to deal with TOM of the month weight.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

I know! I actually went and bought a smaller bowl so it didn't look so bad. I definitely know how I got fat to start with!

It's not a HRM but I got a Mis-Fit because it can track swimming. I crossed the calorie burn with various websites and on average they are all in the same ball park. I have discovered today that said Mis-Fit is giving me extra calories to take me up to my TDEE (I think). So I need to play around and see if I can change that.

That could be what it's doing with the extra calories & taking it up to what your maintenance would be. How many would it be if you would minus 500 off of it to equal a pound of weight loss a week?

I confess that I have a Fitbit Flex & haven't worn it for a few weeks since it made me get into restrictive patterns again. I think the hardest part with my Fitbit Flex is not knowing which calorie amount to use when it comes to trying to maintain my weight on MFP. I tried using around 1700 & eating back calories I burned when I work which is anywhere from 2,100-2,300; however, there's no way I am going to stick to 1700 or lower if I enable negative calories on my days off since I am not as active.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I am now going to bed irritated like I do nearly every single Mothers Day. :|
    Yeah, I did too. I don't want 'stuff'. All I ever want (and yes, I have expressed this previously) is something homemade/heartfelt. I loved it when they were little and made macaroni pictures or little photo frames at school. One of my treasured gifts was when my youngest painted a picture of me and the teacher framed them. I still have it on my wall.
    I was upset this year because nobody gave me a card. My husband made me feel like I was being bratty about it because they took me out for a nice lunch and to the bee farm.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Confession:

I made a turkey stew that included a paste made with ginger and garlic and peanuts. I had it for dinner last night and plan to eat it during the week for lunches. However, it's really garlicy, and even though I've washed up (morning shower and all that) since cooking and making batches I feel like either me or the serving of lunch I carried to work smells strongly of garlic. Sometimes once I smell something I can't get it out of my mind and imagine it, so that's probably what this is, but I'm worried anyway. ;-)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I just ate a Quest apple pie bar that tasted nothing like apple pie. It was quite gross ... but I ate it anyways. :blush:

I did not enjoy the apple pie one, and it kind of broke my heart.

I had my first quest bar today! I had the chocolate chip cookie dough and I LOVED it!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

haha. You don't have ketchup chips?

I have never even heard of ketchup chips until today.

The fact that Canada actually has products other countries don't blows my mind.

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!

That's part of the reason I'm excited for my trip to Arizona in a few weeks. (Okay, mostly it's the food I'm excited about lol).

Speaking of, as I have never been to Arizona, is there anyone here that can recommend things to do/see? I am going to be in Maricopa, so anything that's within a few hours drive would be great.

I lived in Tucson for 3 years as a kid. The Desert Museum is pretty cool. You should also go to Eegees and don't eat the food, but get one of their frozen fruit drinks. The best part of Arizona in my opinion is that they don't have many tall buildings (or trees) so their light pollution is nil. You can see the stars so much better down there. Def do that. Also, prepare to feel like you are going to die from the heat. It hits you like a wall.

I am worried about this, as I don't handle heat very well. Hmm, I guess I'd better go shopping since I think I only own one pair of shorts... maybe two.

And don't let anyone fool you by this "It's just dry heat" BS. Sure, there is no sweaty humid feeling, but when it's 115 degrees outside you FEEL 115 degrees. But, enjoy your trip!

115 degrees?!?! Holy hell, it's in the 80s here in SC and I'm already struggling!! *Makes mental note to avoid Southwestern US in summer time* :astonished:

It's been mid 80's all week here in Richmond, VA. I like it but I could use some more 65-75 degree days before it becomes hell on earth.

I lived in Farmville (haha farmville yes I know) VA and Charlottesville, VA for three years!

Nice! You weren't too far away from me. We are just now finishing up the last of the pollen bombs. Yay.

When I first moved there and found my car covered in pollen I'd never seen anything like it before I was shocked! haha :o I think I brought it back to Ohio with me when I moved!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Yep- you're not allowed to have a life outside of this thread!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I confess that I really don't see the big deal with freaking out over loose skin around the arms and stuff. I was more embarrassed with how my arms looked when I was obese.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    Confession: I survived the weekend with no slips, no screw ups, no binges, no junk, nada!
    My weigh in (not my official day, but I logged it anyhow) was reallly good this morning.
    <--happy camper!