Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I haven't seen Big Bang theory finale yet!!!! :( And I have to confess I don't know what all the hype about bacon is *runs and hides*

Allow me to explain. Bacon has always been delicious. When I was very little, my grandmother cooked a whole package of bacon and I ate the whole package in about 5 minutes. Over the last few years, bacon has become somewhat overexposed. Now that it is understood and marketed that bacon is delicious by the general public, being obsessed with bacon has become a bit cliché. Someday, I foresee there may be even a bit of a backlash against people who enjoy bacon a lot and they might even become outcasts. I'm sure the WHO will come out with new guidelines explaining how bacon will kill your father and rape your mother. I will, however, continue to eat bacon. My grandmother is still alive. I may visit her soon and eat all of her bacon. Hope that clears it up for you.

... or on a more simple note, berlynnwall said their friend used to make them call ham Canadian Bacon and long story short I got confused about what the difference was between Canadian Bacon, American Bacon and English Bacon, with streaky bacon thrown in for good measure. Which then led onto pictures of bacon (for teaching purposes), and then it turned into people teasing me with bacon, and finally we arrive back here. :smile:

Edit: and I still don't have any bacon.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    68ub85ynjp6j.jpg

Success! Thanks, @Lois_1989!
    27ztuk7d6wpm.gif

My tummy actually grumbled when I saw the animated one. I went to the gym at lunch and I'm still hungry.

Edit: after posting this message two of them were on my screen! Noooo! :weary:

Call me a dirty hippie, but pigs are wayyyy too intelligent for me to feel good about eating them.

Wellshire Uncured Turkey Bacon does the job nicely.

I'm one of the weirdos that doesn't like the taste of pig at all. I can choke down bacon/sausage, but I prefer the turkey variety. I do like ribs on occasion, but only once in a very blue moon.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    A few pages back I wrote about my large unhealthy co-worker that has been sick all week, sitting over there hacking & coughing, pumping germs into the air, and refusing to stay home when we have tons of sick leave available.

So, worst fears realized, I woke up this morning with a sore throat & headache. Started coughing.

P*ssed, I walk into work...and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, she called in sick today...on a Friday.

Guess who is her back up?

So now I'm sick on a Friday, getting an average of 5 emails a minute between both of our emails.

%$^& ^*&#$(@#& $% $@#(*&^ %(^&%#

Ooooh that devious wench! All orchestrated...
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

haha. You don't have ketchup chips?
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    I haven't seen Big Bang theory finale yet!!!! :( And I have to confess I don't know what all the hype about bacon is *runs and hides*

Wh-wha-WHAT?!?!

55039449.jpg

o:)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »

Wh-wha-WHAT?!?!

55039449.jpg

o:)

Mmm Liam Neeson...Yes he can find me! hahaha
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

Aboot! Ha!

Don't want to seem dense, but do Canadians not call it Canadian Bacon?

No, we call it ham.

Unless it's peameal bacon
    119673442-610x408.jpg

eta: may also be known as back bacon

I do not like peameal bacon. Is my Canadian card going to be revoked?
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Looks like encrusted pork tenderloin to me.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Confession...I eat under 800 calories a day usually to lose weight. :hushed:

Please eat. You aren't doing yourself any favors by not fueling your body.
    This is dangerous, and you should definitely seek help.

One thing that helped me was being told that you would never expect your car to run without proper fuel, why would you expect your body to run without proper fuel (aka food). Make healthy choices, and make sure you're eating enough to fuel yourself :smile:
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Allow me to explain. Bacon has always been delicious. When I was very little, my grandmother cooked a whole package of bacon and I ate the whole package in about 5 minutes. Over the last few years, bacon has become somewhat overexposed. Now that it is understood and marketed that bacon is delicious by the general public, being obsessed with bacon has become a bit cliché. Someday, I foresee there may be even a bit of a backlash against people who enjoy bacon a lot and they might even become outcasts. I'm sure the WHO will come out with new guidelines explaining how bacon will kill your father and rape your mother. I will, however, continue to eat bacon. My grandmother is still alive. I may visit her soon and eat all of her bacon. Hope that clears it up for you.

... or on a more simple note, berlynnwall said their friend used to make them call ham Canadian Bacon and long story short I got confused about what the difference was between Canadian Bacon, American Bacon and English Bacon, with streaky bacon thrown in for good measure. Which then led onto pictures of bacon (for teaching purposes), and then it turned into people teasing me with bacon, and finally we arrive back here. :smile:

Edit: and I still don't have any bacon.

I just got a veggie wrap with BACON for lunch! Sorry! I couldn't resist!

@asflatasapancake - I agree that it will probably become one of those demonized food.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I can't watch The Big Bang Theory. I actually geek out about things, and their geeking out is totally scripted and not funny for me.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

I have never even heard of ketchup chips until today.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I can't watch The Big Bang Theory. I actually geek out about things, and their geeking out is totally scripted and not funny for me.

I enjoy it for seeing how many of the references I get, especially when I know that lesser geeks do not. My future MIL regularly has to ask us for explanations about things, but she swears she loves the show.
  • ShibaEars
    Options

The fact that Canada actually has products other countries don't blows my mind.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I enjoy it for seeing how many of the references I get, especially when I know that lesser geeks do not. My future MIL regularly has to ask us for explanations about things, but she swears she loves the show.

I can't watch it... Sheldon reminds me too much of an old friend that I had a falling out with. I just get irrationally angry whenever I see even a commercial of BBT. Being regularly put down and condescended to for that many years apparently left me with some trauma.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have a unhealthy addiction to Glee. I have replaced food with Glee. I like Darren Criss too much. It's boarderline psychotic stalker.
  • OkayTohkay
    OkayTohkay Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If there are any type of chips in the house I will easily eat the whole bag. I am no longer aloud to buy them, and if my boyfriend does he isn't aloud to tell me. Same goes for french fries :(
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

The only one I'm aware of is Dyna Whey protein, lol. (Which is really too bad as it's totally awesome protein IMO)

And I'm certainly not going to revoke your Canadian card over peameal bacon, especially considering I don't eat pig.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Okay, caught up, finally!

1. You can watch the full episode of Big Bang Theory on the CBS website- that's what I did, since I missed it last night because wine bar with the girls after a bike ride!

2. Instead of saving the .gif image to your computer, you can just save the image link (right click on gif, click "copy image location") and put in the box that says "Image URL"
    gclukobldwj6.jpg

3. My husband dislikes the taste of pork so much, he tells people he is Jewish. (I LOVE BACON, and no, turkey bacon DOES NOT taste anything like real bacon!)