Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I have to destroy things I can't handle too. I will dump things completely in the trash to get rid of them.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I can't handle people on lots of these threads don't know the difference between "your" and "you're"...I apologize if I sound like a snob but it really grinds my gears. :s

What really gets ME is when I see someone use 'than' instead of 'then'. Poor grammar in general bothers me but I do admit I am a bit anal about it.

Oh, that one bugs me too!!!
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

No judgement! I used to eat the hot cocoa powder as a kid and in college for a quick sweet treat.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Here's a confession. I hate my job. I hate it so much is making me depressed and affecting the rest of my life, but I feel trapped because I signed on for a contract to see a project through, and the project is dragging but I feel like if I go for a new job and have to explain why I'm leaving this one, it's going to look bad that I'm jumping ship before the end of the project and leaving a big hole in a small team. But I hate the work and hate the fact I work for who I work for. I feel like I'm getting deskilled and going backwards in my career. I'm also resentful that I'm not being paid what I'm worth and I'm paid way less than the rest of my team with no way of seeking a raise.

I needed to get that off my chest. Grrr.

Working at a job you hate is absolutely miserable. I survived one year at my last job only because I didn't want to pay back relocation dollars.
    If there was a way I could have left sooner, I would have.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I tried Zumba last night and realized how totally uncoordinated I am. I always thought I had a bit of rhythm but apparently not lol. My 4 year old was looking at me life WTF Mom??!!

I always look clumsy and completely graceless when I exercise. I even manage to look bad doing BodyCombat... but that's why I do it at home, lol.

Me too. That's probably why I took to weightlifting... it's just up, down, up, down... no rhythm or gracefulness required.

Soooo.... You lift things up and put them down? ;)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Okay, I have one (posting during work so you know my mind is NOT on work today) I am SO excited my company is buying another very large, very well known company (just announce today but I am weird about putting the name of the company I work for in this forum even though everyone can probably figure this out). I want in on this merger activity. I am going to throw my hat in the ring with my VP. I need a new challenge, I love complex projects that involve lots of teams and new situations, and my dissertation was on the organizational dynamics of mergers.

Win/Win right? Then I get scared to think about pursuing it. What if they aren't interested in me? What if I fail? What if I try to get in and get told 'no you are needed in your current job' but it back fires on me. What if I suck at it?

My friend says I am the most arrogantly insecure person she knows. Both are coming out today. But I feel like someone just dropped a gift in my lap with this... I need a distraction (between what is going on with my horse), company probably going to end up selling my area of the business, I am not in the spotlight right now. This could be just what I needed. I think its fate (even though not sure I believe in that) and I am going to pursue it with everything I have.

I think.... :)

I say, GO FOR IT! You don't know unless you try and self-doubt will get you no where. Good luck! You can do it!

Thank you! See this is why I love this thread. :smiley:
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I can't handle people on lots of these threads don't know the difference between "your" and "you're"...I apologize if I sound like a snob but it really grinds my gears. :s

What really gets ME is when I see someone use 'than' instead of 'then'. Poor grammar in general bothers me but I do admit I am a bit anal about it.

Oh, that one bugs me too!!!

The worst I've ever seen is "thoughs" instead of those. I'm just like ?????????? - Where does that come from?

I'm a huge spelling/grammar freak. lol The lack of spell check from people these days makes me so mad.
  • Oberon21
    edited May 2015
    Options
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    I suffer from hyperhidrosis (extreme sweating) which makes working out at the gym impossible. I have the sweating under control during every day activities thanks to a special solution from the pharmacy. During my teenage years I only wore black or white t-shirts so people wouldn't see the stains under my arm pits. I'm so glad that at least that is over but working out (no matter if cardio or strength) leaves me and the floor around me as wet as if I just stepped out of the shower and I really wouldn't want to bother anyone with that at a gym.

I am the same way. I just mop it up when done.

Of course these days I never get to the gym. Grrr. I need to get back but have just lost all motivation.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    OK, I'll confess right here: I love Pinterest. LOL It speaks to both my short attention span and my need to put things into groups.

I would say that 95% of my pins are Animal Funnies, Funny Memes, Relatable funnies, & beautiful scenery/places.

I did try a Quest bar recipe I found yesterday on Pinterest & it was alright, but nothing to write home about.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My allergies are so bad. My head is pounding. I usually cook a healthy, gluten-free (20 years) dinner from scratch. Tonight all I can think of is buttery onion mashed potatoes and gravy and bacon. I have the food cooking now. Potatoes and broth and onions are going in the pressure cooker. Bacon in the oven. Is that even a meal? My mom card may be revoked!

Edit to add: My daughter has already eaten but my son thinks it is a good meal. sigh.

Edit #2

I pressure cooked the potatoes in their skins with a whole (peeled) sweet onion using just a bit of water and some miso for broth. I peeled the potatoes and used some of the cooking broth to add while I blended them. They would have been better with leek than onion, but I had onion. They were very creamy and tasty and no added fat. I skipped the gravy.... and I baked the bacon then blotted it well. I guess it was really no worse than a baked potato and two strips of bacon. :wink: it hit the spot and I don't feel quite as guilty,

• Oberon21
    Options
    I ate 4 handfuls of M&Ms before I left work. No dinner for me tonight. Sigh.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat all day because I was busy running around and it just didn't happen. I made up for it just now by eating pretty much all of my daily calories in enchiladas.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    So basically, I found out at my current job that they're making the most lazy do nothing manager on our property a Director, which means he'll get paid more to do even less.

I'll also be giving my notice to my current employer today. Things should get real interesting.

I am VERY excited to hear about the reaction, FYI. I wish I had popcorn.

0030.gif I loveeee popcorn!

I'll bring the butter!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat all day because I was busy running around and it just didn't happen. I made up for it just now by eating pretty much all of my daily calories in enchiladas.

I finished my day last night netting only a few hundred calories. So I ate a buttload of cookies.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

Yum. I cannot control myself when my mom makes enchiladas. I always go back for seconds, no matter what.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I tried Zumba last night and realized how totally uncoordinated I am. I always thought I had a bit of rhythm but apparently not lol. My 4 year old was looking at me life WTF Mom??!!

My sister & I both have said we can either work our feet or our arms, but never both at the same time haha.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I just spent $350 on plants.

Ooh! What kind? Sounds like you have a planting marathon in front of you.

I first read that as "pants "! I'm thinking I've got to see a pic! Plants are awesome! Have fun gardening.

I first read that as "pants "! I'm thinking I've got to see a pic! Plants are awesome! Have fun gardening.

I thought it said pants at first too! Glad I was not the only one!
    I'd be pretty fancy if I were buying $350 pants! I'm more of a $35 pants girl.

Most of my plants are in - I bought a whole load of annuals for my big half wine barrel planters, plus lots of new perennials. It will look really pretty once it all fills in. I also put in some of my tiny, weedly little seedlings. Every year I think I'll grow ALL my plants from seeds and save loads of money, but it never works very well.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    deleted for unnecessary crankiness.

Thanks for the replies re job, guys. It's going to take at least the rest of the year, but I'll muddle through. Just getting me down.
    Sometimes it helps to see an end to it, even if the end isn't as close as you'd like. I understand that a job you hate can be really draining though.
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

No judgement! I used to eat the hot cocoa powder as a kid and in college for a quick sweet treat.

Okay, I added water to a Blueberry Muffin Mix, stirred it and ate the whole damn thing! NOT cooked.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

I thought it said pants at first too! Glad I was not the only one!

I thought it said pants too.