Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I tried Zumba last night and realized how totally uncoordinated I am. I always thought I had a bit of rhythm but apparently not lol. My 4 year old was looking at me life WTF Mom??!!

I always look clumsy and completely graceless when I exercise. I even manage to look bad doing BodyCombat... but that's why I do it at home, lol.
    Sch614 wrote: »
    My daughter asked me why I was dressed up yesterday and the only difference was that I was wearing a v neck T-shirt instead of a graphic tee. Guess I set the bar REALLY low!!

Totally LOL'ed at this.

I confess that I went out for lunch with my husband then dragged him to 3 bakeries to find what I was craving for dessert, didn't find it, but found a decent compromise (had to go back to the first bakery we walked to, of course). At least we probably walked half a mile doing that, and I should still be in my calories, or close (I got something small and resisted all the 300+ calories stuff).
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Okay, I have one (posting during work so you know my mind is NOT on work today) I am SO excited my company is buying another very large, very well known company (just announce today but I am weird about putting the name of the company I work for in this forum even though everyone can probably figure this out). I want in on this merger activity. I am going to throw my hat in the ring with my VP. I need a new challenge, I love complex projects that involve lots of teams and new situations, and my dissertation was on the organizational dynamics of mergers.

Win/Win right? Then I get scared to think about pursuing it. What if they aren't interested in me? What if I fail? What if I try to get in and get told 'no you are needed in your current job' but it back fires on me. What if I suck at it?

My friend says I am the most arrogantly insecure person she knows. Both are coming out today. But I feel like someone just dropped a gift in my lap with this... I need a distraction (between what is going on with my horse), company probably going to end up selling my area of the business, I am not in the spotlight right now. This could be just what I needed. I think its fate (even though not sure I believe in that) and I am going to pursue it with everything I have.

I think.... :)

You can do anything you set your mind to, so get it set! Stop back peddling and go for it!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I tried Zumba last night and realized how totally uncoordinated I am. I always thought I had a bit of rhythm but apparently not lol. My 4 year old was looking at me life WTF Mom??!!

I always look clumsy and completely graceless when I exercise. I even manage to look bad doing BodyCombat... but that's why I do it at home, lol.

Me too. That's probably why I took to weightlifting... it's just up, down, up, down... no rhythm or gracefulness required.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have one (posting during work so you know my mind is NOT on work today) I am SO excited my company is buying another very large, very well known company (just announce today but I am weird about putting the name of the company I work for in this forum even though everyone can probably figure this out). I want in on this merger activity. I am going to throw my hat in the ring with my VP. I need a new challenge, I love complex projects that involve lots of teams and new situations, and my dissertation was on the organizational dynamics of mergers.

Win/Win right? Then I get scared to think about pursuing it. What if they aren't interested in me? What if I fail? What if I try to get in and get told 'no you are needed in your current job' but it back fires on me. What if I suck at it?

My friend says I am the most arrogantly insecure person she knows. Both are coming out today. But I feel like someone just dropped a gift in my lap with this... I need a distraction (between what is going on with my horse), company probably going to end up selling my area of the business, I am not in the spotlight right now. This could be just what I needed. I think its fate (even though not sure I believe in that) and I am going to pursue it with everything I have.

I think I know what company you work for now. :)
    I was listening to a story on NPR this morning on my way to work about an acquisition of an old well known internet company.
    Anyhoo. One of my best friends once told me that you have to GO FOR IT! Whatever "it" is that you want. The worst thing that can happen is they'll say "No". So, then you pick yourself up and keep trying until you get where you want to go. A very wise friend, that one.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options

I say, GO FOR IT! You don't know unless you try and self-doubt will get you no where. Good luck! You can do it!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Been easing back into working out for the past month. This week I'm back to the routine I was using before I got sick, although it's drastically easier (on paper) than it used to be. My arms hurt too much to knit today.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

Me too. That's probably why I took to weightlifting... it's just up, down, up, down... no rhythm or gracefulness required.

It's nice to know I am not alone. My son kept looking at the TV back to me and the look on his face read. Mom that does not look the same at all!!
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I suffer from hyperhidrosis (extreme sweating) which makes working out at the gym impossible. I have the sweating under control during every day activities thanks to a special solution from the pharmacy. During my teenage years I only wore black or white t-shirts so people wouldn't see the stains under my arm pits. I'm so glad that at least that is over but working out (no matter if cardio or strength) leaves me and the floor around me as wet as if I just stepped out of the shower and I really wouldn't want to bother anyone with that at a gym.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    paulaviki wrote: »
    Today I had broccoli oven roasted for the first time, I always just usually boil it. It was bloody gorgeous! And then I mixed tuna with avocado for my sandwiches tomorrow instead of mayo. Also bloody delicious. How have I not eaten these things in this way before!

I remember the first time I discovered how glorious roasted broccoli is. I almost always make it that way now. With roasted garlic grapeseed oil with garlic and herb seasoning and freshly ground pepper and coarse salt. YUMMY!!!

ETA: I am SO FAR BEHIND!!! : :'(

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

I agree with everyone else, stop talking yourself out of it, put yourself out there and give it a go!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I agree that it is not cheddar. I call it plastic cheese. I never have it in the house but They do make great grilled cheese sandwiches.

My grilled cheese preference is swiss, and this reminds me that I haven't had a grilled cheese sandwich for over a year.

Mmmm...I love grilled cheese with Swiss and tomato soup.

For a killer grilled cheese, use sourdough, chopped broccoli, (raw and I know it sounds weird, but trust me, it's AWESOME) and Havarti cheese. The last time we had these, my husband added smoked turkey. It is seriously one of the BEST sandwiches I've ever experienced in my life. And yes, it IS an experience. Just make sure you have plenty of calories for the day. :smiley:

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I just spent $350 on plants.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Ooh! What kind? Sounds like you have a planting marathon in front of you.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Eating out stresses me out. I overestimate calories then end up hungry and don't know if I should eat more or not and end up guilty when I do.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options

I first read that as "pants "! I'm thinking I've got to see a pic! Plants are awesome! Have fun gardening.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Hmmm, what we need is less pointless celebrities like that Jenner woman and those Kardashian folk and a ton more scientists. You know, the folk that invented every aspect of our modern lives that we completely take for granted. Heating, electricity, medicine and sanitation. The people who made it possible for us to communicate instantaneously with people on the other end of the globe.

It's a weird thing I've noticed recently, the general vilification of scientists and doctors. Hopefully it's just a media phase that'll quickly dissipate.

Not sure if I'll regret saying this, but I believe that if our doctors and scientists and others who are beneficial to society made as much money as the "celebrities" do there would be more of them. I hate that celebrities, movie stars, musicians, etc. make SO much more money than teachers, caregivers, and anyone who helps others. Why aspire to be a teacher and make an "okay" living when you can be rich and famous??? (not to single out teachers only; just using it as an example)

I agree. I hate that athletes and celebrities make millions of dollars. Look at that boxing match a couple weekends ago. Mayweather got what? 180 MILLION DOLLARS?! That money could've been used for so many other, more worthwhile things.

If the Kardashians could disappear off the face of the planet I'd be very pleased. They can take Kanye with them.

Also, I heard this morning that a Picasso painting was auctioned off for $180 million. That's absurd! It makes me feel kind of sick thinking of what could be done with that kind of money.

I agree with this!! I cannot stand people that are famous just because.

As far as Kanye goes, I hate that he is such a jerk. He is SO talented and makes great music, he really is a musical genius but he sucks as a human. The only thing I loved that he did off the track was when he shocked Mike |Myers on live TV stating that George Bush doesn't care about black people. I STILL laugh about that when I think about it. But mostly he just acts a fool.

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I can't handle people on lots of these threads don't know the difference between "your" and "you're"...I apologize if I sound like a snob but it really grinds my gears. :s

I AGREE!!! I am far from perfect with spelling and grammar, but that is so basic! Just like their, there and they're.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Hmmm, what we need is less pointless celebrities like that Jenner woman and those Kardashian folk and a ton more scientists. You know, the folk that invented every aspect of our modern lives that we completely take for granted. Heating, electricity, medicine and sanitation. The people who made it possible for us to communicate instantaneously with people on the other end of the globe.

It's a weird thing I've noticed recently, the general vilification of scientists and doctors. Hopefully it's just a media phase that'll quickly dissipate.

Not sure if I'll regret saying this, but I believe that if our doctors and scientists and others who are beneficial to society made as much money as the "celebrities" do there would be more of them. I hate that celebrities, movie stars, musicians, etc. make SO much more money than teachers, caregivers, and anyone who helps others. Why aspire to be a teacher and make an "okay" living when you can be rich and famous??? (not to single out teachers only; just using it as an example)

I agree. I hate that athletes and celebrities make millions of dollars. Look at that boxing match a couple weekends ago. Mayweather got what? 180 MILLION DOLLARS?! That money could've been used for so many other, more worthwhile things.

If the Kardashians could disappear off the face of the planet I'd be very pleased. They can take Kanye with them.

Also, I heard this morning that a Picasso painting was auctioned off for $180 million. That's absurd! It makes me feel kind of sick thinking of what could be done with that kind of money.

I agree with this!! I cannot stand people that are famous just because.

As far as Kanye goes, I hate that he is such a jerk. He is SO talented and makes great music, he really is a musical genius but he sucks as a human. The only thing I loved that he did off the track was when he shocked Mike |Myers on live TV stating that George Bush doesn't care about black people. I STILL laugh about that when I think about it. But mostly he just acts a fool.

Something that made me so sad when all the stories about Bruce Jenner transitioning hit the news. Nearly all the headlines referred Bruce Jenner, the "reality star." Olympic gold medalist, the iconic Wheaties box cover for years, actor, business owner, race car driver, all reduced to step-father of the Kardashian brats on a reality show.
  • Francl27
    Options
    So I just went to have one spoonful of ice cream... Ended up having a spoonfull of 4 different kinds... probably 200 calories worth... Fail.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

I first read that as "pants "! I'm thinking I've got to see a pic! Plants are awesome! Have fun gardening.

I thought it said pants at first too! Glad I was not the only one!