Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    My boss and the sr director of hospitality are out shopping for new mini fridges. I just got a cell phone picture of the mini fridge they want and told to go to the store they were just at and buy it. .. . .there are 2 people with corporate cards that are capable of buying this "MINI" fridge. But now I have to go where they just were and do it myself. . .

Tuesday 8am can't come soon enough.

Why on earth did they not buy them themselves while they were there??? Makes no sense.

What is happening Tues. @ 8:00 AM? What did I miss?

Is that when the interview is?! We shall have to all combine out collective confession energy to wish OJ luck!

This is definitely interview time.

I just got another call from another store, they actually used their credit cards this time, but I have to go pick it up. Consistency is key.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    My dog gets all excited when it's time for any pills. He dances and "boings". However, no matter what we choose to hide the pill in, he promptly eats the food and spits out the pill. I have to physically force the pill down his throat by sticking my thumb in to get the mouth open. I hate it as much as he does, but can't even get my DH to attempt it.
    aife61ho0i5p.gif

Try doing that with a Mastiff. I can get my fist and half my forearm down his throat in order for him to take the pills.

Right?!? And then you're all slobbery. And half the time, mine works her pill back out and spits it out on the floor all soggy.
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My dog gets all excited when it's time for any pills. He dances and "boings". However, no matter what we choose to hide the pill in, he promptly eats the food and spits out the pill. I have to physically force the pill down his throat by sticking my thumb in to get the mouth open. I hate it as much as he does, but can't even get my DH to attempt it.
    aife61ho0i5p.gif

Have you tried crushing it. My vet said her tablets could be crushed.
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Confession. I feel like these quotes are going to get the better of me.
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    petunia773 wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Great thread everyone! Now that I've caught up to the current posts I can finally post myself. Just getting to this point feels like I've smashed out a huge essay or similar. Like I've done the research required to participate or something.

I confess I cannot stand listening to people eat. It takes me from calm to mad in 10 excruciating seconds.

I confess that I have little interest in, nor affection for animals. Despite quite liking my cat, I glaze over with boredom when i see or hear anything animal related. I fake interest when it is unavoidable. Of course i believe they should all be fed and cared for properly and protected but beyond that, well it's just not very interesting to me.

I confess now that I've admitted to that it may only be a matter of time before someone alludes to this being one of the common traits of a sociopath or psychopath. i guess it's a chance I'll have to take ☺

I don't think it is! Everyone has their interests and lack thereof--My eyes glaze over during most sports, for example, and some people are bored to death with babies while everyone else makes weird cooing sounds over them. I don't think it makes anyone a sociopath or anything like that, since it isn't like they wish harm on them or something... ;)

I'm one of those unmaternal types who are "bored to death" with babies. Everybody could be prattling on about how "cute" and "adorable" some infant is, and I just don't get it... I might as well be looking at a big bowl of broccoli as far as "cuteness" goes. Like, huh??? (fortunately I didn't have any kids, lol)

Puppies OTOH... now that's "cute"! <3

I support this 100%

I do as well. Although, I do have two kids of my own. I just never get into other people's babies/kids.

Same here. My own kids and grandkids are adorable. Others? Not so much.

Also just had to say I LOVE your avatar pic! So cute.

Thank you! :blush:
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »
    tiona83 wrote: »
    My husband and I have a 12 year old youkie named Mandy (our first child) who is on heart Medicin. The vet says do what you have to to get her to take them. (It seems to get harder and harder. Damn clever dog) So for the confession part 1: I fed her the Medicin in the last meatball so I wouldn't eat it. Now the poor thing has gas and looks miserable.
    She won't even play with my husband. Who teases Mandy about an invisible bone. She continues to nip at him with her tail a wagging. Confession 2: it's a little annoying after a while and I hope she actually nips him at some stage. Not that it would hurt because she had to have her bottom front teeth removed about a year ago.

I had to smother my dog's bills in butter and wrap in a piece of ham lunchmeat. She loved the butter. (Real butter, not the fake stuff in a tub.)

<--I love your dog. That is all.

Thank you! Yours is pretty awesome as well.
  • goodstuff74
    goodstuff74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I sometimes (after a stressful day at work) pour red wine into a tumble rather than a wine glass! It looks like I'm drinking squash and i get to avoid the disappointed looks from my other half!
    I don't have a drink problem, but I know how calorie laden wine is...... And I also know he's only trying to keep me on track!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ok so my confession - I hate baths. They actually completely gross me out. It's childhood trauma from my mom never rinsing the tub before giving us baths and my dad's hair floating all over. Just so freaking gross.

I still freak out when the shower drain is getting clogged and water keeps accumulating and cannot take showers in public places like the gym, I get completely grossed out by any hair on the drains... even mine.

Needless to say, my husband can keep asking about going camping, it's just not happening.

I'm like five pages behind because this thread moves too quickly! I hate baths too! It's like bathing in your own filth!

I'm behind too :)

I also hate baths, not so much because of the filth aspect (which is gross) but because I get bored. And there's never enough hot water to fill my tub so I end up cold within a couple minutes.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Great thread everyone! Now that I've caught up to the current posts I can finally post myself. Just getting to this point feels like I've smashed out a huge essay or similar. Like I've done the research required to participate or something.

I confess I cannot stand listening to people eat. It takes me from calm to mad in 10 excruciating seconds.

I confess that I have little interest in, nor affection for animals. Despite quite liking my cat, I glaze over with boredom when i see or hear anything animal related. I fake interest when it is unavoidable. Of course i believe they should all be fed and cared for properly and protected but beyond that, well it's just not very interesting to me.

I confess now that I've admitted to that it may only be a matter of time before someone alludes to this being one of the common traits of a sociopath or psychopath. i guess it's a chance I'll have to take ☺

I don't think it is! Everyone has their interests and lack thereof--My eyes glaze over during most sports, for example, and some people are bored to death with babies while everyone else makes weird cooing sounds over them. I don't think it makes anyone a sociopath or anything like that, since it isn't like they wish harm on them or something... ;)

I'm one of those unmaternal types who are "bored to death" with babies. Everybody could be prattling on about how "cute" and "adorable" some infant is, and I just don't get it... I might as well be looking at a big bowl of broccoli as far as "cuteness" goes. Like, huh??? (fortunately I didn't have any kids, lol)

Puppies OTOH... now that's "cute"! <3

I support this 100%

Yeah everyones pics of their kids on FB annoys me. The only people who truly find your kids first doodie cute is you.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    OK, since we're all confessing about other people's kids, I just say that I absolutely hate it when coworkers bring their kids in to "visit". The whole office shuts down to ooh and ahh. It's like nobody ever saw a child before.

A friend and I regularly complain about this. Everyone stands in a circle around the kid and stares at it. The first couple times I made an effort to go over and say hi, but now I don't really bother.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I also dislike baby showers. Where you all sit there and ohh and ahh over clothes that will just be puked on anyhow. :/
    ps I have no kids, shocker right? :smiley:
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    aife61ho0i5p.gif

Try doing that with a Mastiff. I can get my fist and half my forearm down his throat in order for him to take the pills.

Right?!? And then you're all slobbery. And half the time, mine works her pill back out and spits it out on the floor all soggy.

That's why we love them. You endure the slobber but you love them anyway. If I was quick, I could get my hand out and close his massive jaws and make him swallow it.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Pipara wrote: »
    I have completely irrational anxiety about talking on the phone to anyone but my immediate family. As a result I don't answer the phone when I don't recognise the number, most of the time I don't answer it even when I do. I absolutely hate having to call to make appointments (doctors, hair etc). Even my manager at work has taken the hint and now texts/emails me instead to ask if I can cover for someone.
    I can't remember if it's always been like this, but it is soo annoying sometimes!

My daughter is like this! It takes a LOT of energy and pumping herself up to even call the doctor's office for an appointment or something like that.

I'm the same way. It's why my car is always late for oil changes, why I haven't been to the dentist in a couple years, and why my hair is longer than I'd like it to be.

If I have to make a call I have to plan out my "script". I've even written it down before. The worst is when I'm expecting voicemail & have my script planned out, then the person actually answers. I was a receptionist for several years, and answering phones for that didn't bother me too much. I think it's because I knew what I was supposed to say and could quickly forward the call on to someone else. Having to have long conversations stresses me out.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I confess that every since I switched to diet soda, any drink with higher amounts of sucrose or fructose in it, tastes like I'm grabbing a handful of sugar and putting it in my mouth.

Regular soda makes my stomach hurt!

But it tastes SO GOOD!!!

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I feel secretly superior that they hired a male assistant for me and my co-worker in the office
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I also dislike baby showers. Where you all sit there and ohh and ahh over clothes that will just be puked on anyhow. :/

I'm the same- it's like throwing a birthday party for someone when it's not their birthday yet! Haha I get all butthurt over them but I go because I love my family and friends. Plus when I have kids one day they will be obligated to reciprocate!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    OK, since we're all confessing about other people's kids, I just say that I absolutely hate it when coworkers bring their kids in to "visit". The whole office shuts down to ooh and ahh. It's like nobody ever saw a child before.

I feel extremely awkward when this happens. Even if it's with people I like. You're not going to let me hold your baby, they have NO clue who I am, and you're interrupting my day. Unless you bring food, please don't stop by my office.

Oh, yeah! I'm going to make a GREAT grandma! Sheesh!

• ShibaEars
    Options
    Whew, I missed one day and had almost 400 posts to catch up on!

I joined a new gym last week, and (unsurprisingly) there are some people I went to school with that are members as well. One girl I could not stand in school goes there. I was very happy to see that she is quite overweight. I know that's not nice, and I am also overweight, but she was just such a b-word in school! She was loud and obnoxious and for some reason could never have her pants pulled up all the way so EVERY time she sat down everyone could see 4-5 inches of her thong sticking out.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    tiona83 wrote: »
    aife61ho0i5p.gif

Have you tried crushing it. My vet said her tablets could be crushed.
    Crushed pill in food = uneaten food most of the time
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »

I'm the same- it's like throwing a birthday party for someone when it's not their birthday yet! Haha I get all butthurt over them but I go because I love my family and friends. Plus when I have kids one day they will be obligated to reciprocate!

It's not necessarily the shower part that bugs me, sometimes those games are Just. So. Awful.