Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I had Jay-Z Radio blasting, but turned it off because some people might be offended by the use of N word and MF. These words don't offend me, I don't give them the power to.

I turned on Tarzan Boy Radio and it's basically the best 80's pop music ever. . ..

99 Luft Balloon's is on right now.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    This is a safe place, right?!

I feel like my friends resent me for losing weight when I am a lot smaller than they are. I am pals with a few of them on here, so when I have a success, like today, I feel like I'm rubbing it in their face, which is not my intention, but I also want to be able to share my victories too. It's a double edged sword for sure.

In addition to this, I feel like if they worked half as hard as I do, counting calories accurately, and doing some sort of exercise, they'd have successes too, but they don't want to put in the effort. I feel like a terrible friend for feeling that way, but it's true. I guess I'm not a great friend or good wife sometimes.

That is exactly what this thread is for!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I had Jay-Z Radio blasting, but turned it off because some people might be offended by the use of N word and MF. These words don't offend me, I don't give them the power to.

I turned on Tarzan Boy Radio and it's basically the best 80's pop music ever. . ..

I took four years of German in high school, and used to be able to all of 99 Luft Balloons in German. Not anymore... :(
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    So I just found out via my boyfriend that my cousin finally O.Ded.

Can't say I am surprised, just at how suddenly it happened. I honestly expected her to live for a bit longer, but we all knew this was coming. After her suicide attempt a month ago.

Even though I'm not really "saddened" by it (because of a long history of her being a terrible person) I still find myself more concerned with her family. Her brothers are actually glad she's dead...which is awful I know, but she really did awful things to them for YEARS so I guess I can't blame them.

I'm still rather shocked, somber and weirdly I want to eat everything. I can only assume because even though I am not particular affected by this news, it is still something to be upset about as a whole.

Man... all I want is cinnamon buns, but I settled for sushi again, cause at least it'll make me feel full.

Buh...I just feel...awful. So much for a good day. Oh well, books will make me feel slightly better.

**warning - Despite my working hard to avoid it, I am very talented at putting my foot in my mouth. Please read this knowing that if it comes off sounding wrong it was not meant that way**

This is a complicated situation where there are no good answers. However you feel about it is ok, if you are fine, if you feel blah but can't put your finger on why....any or all of your feelings are normal as you process this. The OD is tragic and shocking. No matter what your cousin did or didn't do while she was alive it is tragic that a life ended that way and it is tragic that her life as she lived it was lived in a way that left people who "should" have been close to her glad to hear the news of her passing. My own personal opinion is that some grief over the person she could have been and the role she could have played in all of your lives is possible. The grieving of what "could have been" while at the same time the release from the reality of the way she was choosing to treat people is likely to cause mixed feelings. My sincerest sympathies to you and your family. I hope you all find peace and healing.

No disclaimer needed - that was really well said! @ddrhellbunny I'm sorry for your and your family's loss as well.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Back story: I married my husband and 6 months later, we both joined the Air Force together. At our first base I got pregnant, had a baby, got pregnant 9 months later, and had another baby. I've been in a total of 4 years now. We have PT (run, sit-ups, and push ups) tests every 6 months (1 year if you excel - I never do) and I've never failed a PT test. I have gained a lot of weight and lost it over the years as a result of those pregnancies and even before the military (I lost 100 lbs in college - not the healthy way).

Confession: I have NO sympathy for active duty (AD) military moms who fail PT tests. I also don't really respect moms who get out of the military and become stay-at-home-moms. I feel really bad, but when a woman tells me she "used to be AD and now stays home with the kids" or "takes care of the house", I think "no one cares". Military life is really hard, especially if both a husband and wife are active and I know not everyone is cut out for it, but don't tell me that you used to work hard for your money and defend the constitution and now you just sit on your butt all day and spend your husband's money.

It's something that I struggle with all the time. I know I should respect anyone who puts on the uniform and recites the oath, but sometimes it is hard.

Please don't hate on the military for my shortcomings!! I swear I am a very respectful person and I would not confess this feeling to any mom out there.

I guess you have never been a stay at home mom...it is a LOT of work! I bet you would not last a month seeing how you misjudge that situation.....

Personally I work, but I have the UTMOST respect for stay at home moms and all the work they do!

Stay-at-home parents DO work hard. I think this post was mainly a vent specifically regarding the military. Someone actively in the military with a spouse active as well and children has a right to their opinion about the situation. Not saying you don't, nor that you shouldn't disagree. Just didn't want to judge this post when I first read it simply because of the OPs first-hand perspective of it.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Ccuser99 wrote: »
    I took tablets that were not for human consumption to kick start my weight loss.. Nearly killed me! :( don't do it, no matter how depressed you get. Positive support from people on here helped me to get a healthy mindset! Never felt better!! Thank you mfp peeps you probably saved my life! X

Yikes! Glad you are okay!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    The dad bod thing irritates me because it's not about attraction or preference. If you read the articles that started it, it's about women who want to make sure they're more attractive than their partner so they can lord it over him and be in control, justified by saying if they date someone who is in better physical shape, it's too much work for them to keep up. Meanwhile, it's expected that he'll be so grateful that they even speak to him, let alone sleep with him, he won't dare ever say no to them. IOW, it's the epitome of wanting everything for as little effort as possible, and the guy's feelings and personality don't even figure in - he's just a piece of meat with a beer belly to make them look good standing next to him. The back assward equivalent of a trophy wife.

I was listening to a radio show on the way to work about this. They said exactly this - that the whole thing is based on the fact that women don't like dating men who are hotter/fitter than them. I thought it was a gross generalization until a whole bunch of women started calling in saying they encouraged their husbands to eat more/not work out so they could be the hot one in the relationship. Wtf??
    I will say the term 'Dadbod' itself annoys me. It is meaningless. Carrying children does change your body and shape so the term 'mombod' makes sense ( even though I lost my baby weight each time my body will never be what it used to be) but it can't be applied to middle-aged men who just eat too much/drink too much beer.

I had to look up Dadbod to read more about it, because I just could wrap my head around it. I think I may be dumber now. I did find a good clip from The Daily Show really tearing it apart. It was from last night's episode if anyone wants to know.

broscience tore it to shreds this week, too (Warning for those not familiar, that is NOT safe for work due to language and is entirely meant to be satire, though, it's awfully sincere satire this week)

That was hilarious!!

I'm not going to lie, I got bored half way through and decided to watch 77 Gym fails instead. THAT was hilarious, but mean at the same time.

I just googled that and there is one guy in there that looks like he is training to be spider man hahaha
  • BZAH10
    Options
    A girl in the gym just said to me, " I'd never have thought someone your size would be able to run like you did". I ran 5k/41 minutes. I don't know whether to be pleased or offended lol

You should be proud of your accomplishment! She should be offended by her own poor use of words. "Your size"??? Really? I don't know what on earth makes people say things before they think of the feelings of others.
    Congrats on the run, though! Fantastic job!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    The dad bod thing irritates me because it's not about attraction or preference. If you read the articles that started it, it's about women who want to make sure they're more attractive than their partner so they can lord it over him and be in control, justified by saying if they date someone who is in better physical shape, it's too much work for them to keep up. Meanwhile, it's expected that he'll be so grateful that they even speak to him, let alone sleep with him, he won't dare ever say no to them. IOW, it's the epitome of wanting everything for as little effort as possible, and the guy's feelings and personality don't even figure in - he's just a piece of meat with a beer belly to make them look good standing next to him. The back assward equivalent of a trophy wife.

I was listening to a radio show on the way to work about this. They said exactly this - that the whole thing is based on the fact that women don't like dating men who are hotter/fitter than them. I thought it was a gross generalization until a whole bunch of women started calling in saying they encouraged their husbands to eat more/not work out so they could be the hot one in the relationship. Wtf??
    I will say the term 'Dadbod' itself annoys me. It is meaningless. Carrying children does change your body and shape so the term 'mombod' makes sense ( even though I lost my baby weight each time my body will never be what it used to be) but it can't be applied to middle-aged men who just eat too much/drink too much beer.

I had to look up Dadbod to read more about it, because I just could wrap my head around it. I think I may be dumber now. I did find a good clip from The Daily Show really tearing it apart. It was from last night's episode if anyone wants to know.

broscience tore it to shreds this week, too (Warning for those not familiar, that is NOT safe for work due to language and is entirely meant to be satire, though, it's awfully sincere satire this week)

I love it. I'm irrationally mad that dadbod is a thing.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession... I am pretty sure I've single-handedly funded the nations cutie/halo orange market for the past several years. I go through a 5lb bag in like 3 days.

I am just now, at this very moment, having my first cutie ever. I now realize why my daughter eats them 2-3 at a time. They are little round balls of heavenly sweetness. I will be buying some at the store this evening.

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Clementine season is my favorite season.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    Confession: I cannot stand slower than time pedestrians crossing the street. I'm saying this as a person who walks every day and rides in a car maybe once a week. If there is tons of traffic and a car had to stop to let you pass, hurry the heck up. Everyone wants to get where they are going, not just you.

jack-sparrow-run.gif?w=594

Yes. Haha.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    I had a whoosh this morning but I don't believe it's true even though I weighed myself the exact same way I always do. IF the scale is correct, which, there's just no way, I weigh less NOW, than I did before I got pregnant with my daughter 14 years ago! How is that possible?!

Confession: My husband is on this site and using it faithfully, but he's SO lazy when it comes to logging his food. He just basically picks the first thing in the list that is somewhat remotely close to what he is eating/has eaten. It makes me furious that he's so lazy about it. He's still losing weight and I think that's what I'm most irritated by. Sometimes, I'm not a very good wife. :(

edited, because spelling words correctly in the morning can be hard sometimes.

My husband has been watching me kill myself for months (I work out at home) and measure out everything and tediously track and you know what we have to do... Last month he decided to stop drinking soda and he's lost 10lbs. I could stab him.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I had a whoosh this morning but I don't believe it's true even though I weighed myself the exact same way I always do. IF the scale is correct, which, there's just no way, I way less NOW, than I did when I got pregnant with my daughter 14 years ago! How is that possible?!

Confession: My husband is on this site and using it faithfully, but he's SO lazy when it comes to logging his food. He just basically picks the first thing in the list that is somewhat remotely close to what he is eating/has eaten. It makes me furious that he's so lazy about it. He's still losing weight and I think that's what I'm most irritated by. Sometimes, I'm not a very good wife. :(

First part - AWESOME! Second part - totally understandable. My husband will go to the gym religiously, but won't track what he eats AT ALL! It frustrates me to no end. I just leave it alone. He'll have to figure it out for himself. But inside, I seethe.

My husband and I started our weight loss program together, we go to the gym together a couple times a week, he never even breaks a sweat! I find him very frustrating. He won't log his food, but he does mostly just eat what I give him to eat and that is the only reason he has lost weight, he does not do enough cardio, in the beginning I would ask him to go for walks with me and he saunters along at a slow pace so I started going by myself so I could go faster and now I am running a lot more and walking a lot less. He told me the other day he would go for more walks if he had someone to go with and I told him I go alone because a) I don't have to wait til he gets home from work, which would limit the time I had before dark. b) he will not be able to keep up with me. c) he is not able to do the distance I want to do (I am up to 10K most days). And got pissy about it. I have lost 66 lbs and he has lost 54 in the same time frame. It sucks that I work so much harder at it and he is not that far behind me in lbs lost!
  • BZAH10
    Options
    CynSearly wrote: »
    Confession: My husband is not as serious about his health as he should be, and that scares me. A lot.

I feel your pain! My husband won't even go for a walk with me on the weekends. I let him hold me back for a long time because he wouldn't workout so I didn't either. He works from home and gets zero exercise. In the past I've tried yelling, guilt, compassion, empathy; nothing works.

That's a tough thing to deal with, but over time the best thing you can do is be consistent with yourself and set an example. He may eventually follow, but that's generally the only method that works.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I had a whoosh this morning but I don't believe it's true even though I weighed myself the exact same way I always do. IF the scale is correct, which, there's just no way, I way less NOW, than I did when I got pregnant with my daughter 14 years ago! How is that possible?!

First part - AWESOME! Second part - totally understandable. My husband will go to the gym religiously, but won't track what he eats AT ALL! It frustrates me to no end. I just leave it alone. He'll have to figure it out for himself. But inside, I seethe.

THANKS!!! <3

I guess as long as he's losing, that's really all that matters. Also, I wish my husband wanted to go to the gym, but he has ZERO interest in that. Right now, he definitely has the "dad bod". Which is such a ridiculous trend. I would prefer he had a body like Jax Teller, but I love him squishy bits and all.

So, I had to go find Jax Teller...

59276b968e493b6cf17a36ba9842c9ae_zpsmbxb3op4.jpg

Not bad, but he is not this...

images_zpsf2072e8d.jpg

Rock>Jax. My friends think I'm totally messed up for thinking he is gorgeous xD

What? He is totally gorgeous. And adorable. I loved him in Escape from Witch Mountain.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession of the day is that I woke up at 1.30 this morning from a dream where I offended everyone on this thread. I HAD to check it and read through the last 10 pages to check it wasn't true so I could go back to sleep.

I had a dream the other night that some family members/friends were being shown how to use this site & the forums, specifically going to this thread. I was panicking because I've said some not-so-nice things about some people here and I kept trying to dissuade them from using it.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    CynSearly wrote: »
    Confession: My husband is not as serious about his health as he should be, and that scares me. A lot.

I feel your pain! My husband won't even go for a walk with me on the weekends. I let him hold me back for a long time because he wouldn't workout so I didn't either. He works from home and gets zero exercise. In the past I've tried yelling, guilt, compassion, empathy; nothing works.

I mean that's just terrible.... I am curious what his defense is when you sincerely tell him you are genuinely worried about his long term health?

He says he'll workout and then doesn't. The conversation has been going on for over six years. The thing is, his dad died in his early 60s because of complications from diabetes and not taking care of himself. He had one leg amputated above the knee and then his other foot was amputated a couple years before he died. My husband at this point does not have diabetes, but I feel like it's inevitable. We have a 7 year old and a 2 year old and not only is he setting a terrible example, but sometimes I feel like he doesn't care if he'll be there when they get older.

Sorry for the rant.

No apologies necessary! That is a serious situation especially because your kids are so young. However, I know that a person will change only when they want to change. My mom "gave up" years ago. Just decided she was going to be diabetic, overweight, unable to get around, etc. And she has accomplished her goal. She could easily have changed it, but chose not to. Watching someone do that willingly is infuriating, so I get your pain. So sorry.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    This is a safe place, right?!

I feel like my friends resent me for losing weight when I am a lot smaller than they are. I am pals with a few of them on here, so when I have a success, like today, I feel like I'm rubbing it in their face, which is not my intention, but I also want to be able to share my victories too. It's a double edged sword for sure.

In addition to this, I feel like if they worked half as hard as I do, counting calories accurately, and doing some sort of exercise, they'd have successes too, but they don't want to put in the effort. I feel like a terrible friend for feeling that way, but it's true. I guess I'm not a great friend or good wife sometimes.

Why should YOU feel badly for the failings of others??? Yes, share and celebrate your successes! If anyone else, friend or not, feels negatively about it that is their problem, not yours. You are not a terrible friend, nor a terrible spouse. You take care of and celebrate YOU and everyone else needs to do the same for themselves.
  • BZAH10
    Options

Going to have to listen to that during cardio this afternoon - thanks!

Aaaaand, my banner ad is for jalapeno bacon! Did not know that was a thing. Interesting. Any bacon lovers here tried it?